Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon E(ternals) ❯ The Plot Thickens. Eternal Sailor Mars Faces Sailor Minerva ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: Who will be the next to reach Eternal level? Who is behind this wonderful Sailor Minerva? This is a fairly short chapter, just tying up some loose ends with Mars and Ditio.
Moonlight Phoenix-Who knows? There will be some surprises with the protectors and I'm sure I'll be hanged or applauded, especially for Ami-chan. I already have a plan…
Disclaimer: I do not own the Sailor Moon characters. Naoko Takeuchi has that illustrious honor. I do however own the villains, Sailor Sun, the unknown missing third senshi, and the story line I am writing about.
**********
 
Chapter 5
The Plot Thickens. Eternal Sailor Mars Faces Sailor Minerva
 
Sailor Minerva was standing in the shadows, watching Ei attack the wandering student when her vision went dark. She didn't know how long she was standing still and quiet with no lights, but it seemed like ages. When she was able to see again, she was standing in a perfectly white room with a white couch, a white and glass table, and bright white lights shining all around her.
 
“Sailor Minerva,” a deep singing voice said. “You have been treacherous.”
 
“Who's there?”
 
“Do you not know me?” asked the voice as its owner stepped out of the shadows. The senshi in the red, blue, and gold fuku was standing there with her staff in her hands. “I know what you are doing and I only pulled you here so you wouldn't ruin what Sailor Mars, or should I say Princess Aren, has gained.”
 
“YOU!”
 
“Me.”
 
“Princess Aren is dead…”
 
“Her soul was reborn here and she has reached her true potential as a princess. Sailor Minerva you mustn't interfere anymore. They are a peaceful…”
 
“No. I will not listen to you. Take me away from here, back to Ei.”
 
“The battle is over and Ei is dead, Minerva. I will let you go, but you must not interfere again.”
 
Sailor Minerva tried to rush towards the bright senshi only to find herself tangled in the branches of a willow tree watching Ditio walk away with Mars in his arms. Sailor Minerva howled like a trapped beast and disappeared out, returning to her home base.
 
**************
 
Mars lifted her head at the sound of the howling animal, but Ditio continued to walk slowly towards her dorm. “Are you feeling better, Mars?”
 
“Hmm? Oh, yes” Mars said, burying her head in Ditio's shoulder and letting her transformation fade so she was in her normal clothes again. She peeked through one eye and watched as Ditio did the same to turn back into Yuuichirou. She sighed quietly and let her eyes fall shut.
 
Rei woke when she felt Yuuichirou bouncing her a little hard. “Wha…?”
 
 
“Rei…I…need…some…help.”
 
Rei looked up and noticed they were in front of her dorm and that Yuuichirou was struggling with the door. She reached in her pocket and pulled out her key card. “Here. That will get me into my room as well.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
Rei smiled slightly and lay her head back down on his shoulder, not looking up until she felt him lay her on her bed. Rei grabbed Yuuichirou's hands and held them to her mouth. “I know I hurt you, Babe, but I didn't want to admit that I liked you and risk my heart again.”
 
“Babe? I like that” Yuuichirou smiled and Rei pulled him towards her again. Their lips met in a kiss and they held on to each other as their hearts finally matched in rhythm. Soon after their kiss started, they heard a sound at the door of the room.
 
“Oh, Masaka, this is my boyfriend, Yuuichirou,” Rei said as introduction. “Yuuichirou, this is my roommate.”
 
Yuuichirou and Masaka bowed at each other; Masaka glaring, Yuuichirou wondering.
 
“Masaka, could you possibly give us another minute or two?
 
After Masaka left the room and Yuuichirou leaned close to Rei and whispered, “I don't trust her.”
 
“Me neither. I'll keep an eye on her.”
 
************
 
Sailor Minerva threw a handful of bright green energy towards the wall. The part of the wall that was hit started bubbling and melting. Minerva smiled, but the smile faded as she saw Mars and Ditio, in her mind's eye, walking away from killing Ei. “That… stupid… woman… and… that… stupid… man… I'll… kill… them… if… it's… the… last… thing… I… do…” On each word, she threw more fistfuls of energy.
 
“Why do you hate them so much, Minerva?” a dark, brooding voice asked.
 
Minerva spun around to face Calcite. There was a time that Calcite's voice wasn't dark and brooding, but instead caused Minerva to feel good shivers racing up and down her spine. It was hazy, but she felt that Calcite was more her friend and confidant and that …bah, she couldn't remember. “Because, Calcite, it was her and her kind that took away everything from Minerva. Did any of them come to see if our planet survived the Dark Kingdom's attack? No. Of course, we would have killed them if they had, but that's beside the point. They could have at least checked on us.”
 
“Good, Minerva. You remember what our original purpose was then?”
 
Minerva, at Calcite's words, had a flash of a smiling girl saying `C'mon Athna, we got to go to the History Lesson with the queen.' And she responded with, `I'm coming' Tidia, calm down.' She shook her head to clear it. “Of course, Calcite. We are to defeat Earth so it can't come and defeat us first.” Minerva gathered a dark mass in her hands and as it grew larger, the wall in front of her bulged towards her. When the mass grew to the size of a large ball, a portion of the wall broke away and flew towards her hands. She caught the wall in the energy, the wall having shrunk itself to fit inside it. As she let the darkness fade, she picked up a small pebble sized chunk and threw it at an unharmed portion of the wall. It exploded and there was a large hole in the wall which Minerva looked through to the vast nothingness beyond. “I'll get you, Princess Aren.”
 
***********
 
Rei woke up as Masaka snuck into the room. Glancing at the clock, Rei saw it was 3:00 a.m. A tingling began in the back of Rei's neck at the same time she saw a glow coming from her roommate. Rei tried to stifle a the gasp that came out of her throat when she saw the card like object that pulled Mind Soul's out of humans.
 
“Ah…`roomie', you're awake. I think I failed to introduce the real me. I am Sailor Minerva,” she hit the lights revealing herself in her sailor fuku. “I'm going to take your Mind Soul.”
 
“Not on your life,” Rei said, jumping out of bed and holding up the akazuishou in the casing. “MARS ETERNAL! MAKE-UP!” She transformed into Eternal Sailor Mars and prepared her scepter and stone, making the Mars' Akameno, her tool to heal and defeat the evil. “I knew I didn't trust you.”
 
Sailor Minerva was laughing. “How ironic I got placed with you. I wanted to be closer to this area because I figured Sailor Mars was living in this building, but…” she leaned over, chuckling and Mars used the opportunity to kick her, knocking her over.
 
Minerva was angry. She felt her lip and noticed the red on her finger tips. “You cut my lip,” she growled. You'll pay for that.” Minerva sent the green power heading towards Mars. One of the streams of energy glanced off of Mars' arm and she pulled it back, looking at an ugly burn, a two degree burn, at least.
 
“That is radiation,” Sailor Minerva said smirking. It's deadly if it hits you straight on.”
 
Despite Sailor Minerva going after her like she is, Mars knew she wasn't completely evil so she took a clue out of Eternal Sailor Moon's book and tried to heal her. “Flaming Crystal Cleansing Tears!” The fire swept towards Minerva who jumped out of the way at the last minute.
 
“You think that will stop me.” She started gathering the dark energy in her hands, bringing the loose objects towards the center. She was talking the entire time. “This is my gravity well. It makes a very deadly weapon as well as pulling all objects towards me.” When she judged the gravity well big enough, she let the dark energy dissipate and picked up the small pebble sized object on the floor. She threw it at Mars, who jumped out of the way, but got caught in the backlash. She fell to the floor, loosing consciousness. The last thing she saw was Minerva advancing on her and Ditio standing in the doorway, yelling her name.
 
*********
 
Yuuichirou woke up, knowing Rei was in trouble. He transformed and raced to her dorm, arriving just in time to see Sailor Mars get knocked over by a blast and fall unconscious. “MARS!!”
 
The woman in the Sailor fuku turned towards his voice and smiled evilly. “Ditio. Welcome and Goodbye. See you in Hell,” she stated, gathering up the energy again.
 
Ditio closed his eyes but soon noticed there were no sounds but his own breathing. He first looked to Mars and when he saw her chest not moving, he feared the worst, then he noticed Minerva wasn't moving a muscle and more importantly, a book, which was flying towards the evil woman had stopped mid-air.
 
“Quickly, Prince Ditio, bring Sailor Mars and come with me.”
 
Ditio turned and saw the senshi that gave him is powers and sent him to Rei's University. “Who are you?”
 
“That's not important right now. I've stopped time for a short span, but I need you to come with me if you want to save Princess Aren.”
 
That was enough to push Ditio to pick up his princess and carry her through the portal that the unknown senshi opened.
 
****************
 
Minerva got back to her base and screamed at the top of her lungs. “SHE ESCAPED ME!!!”
 
“Calm yourself, Minerva.”
 
Minerva turned. “C…Calcite-sama.”
 
“Can't you work around it and take care of whoever escaped you later?”
 
Hai.” As Calcite left, he heard Minerva call to her three remaining minions. “Beniha, Miyuumi, and Umeka, we're moving to Germany.”
 
Calcite chuckled under his breath as he swung into a large throne room. “Princess Gypsum-sama,” he said bowing. His body still felt like it wanted to fight from bow, but he forced it to.
 
“What news do you bring?” the woman on the throne asked. Her body was mostly in shadow, but you could see the bottom of her black dress and her eyes, which were a shade of poison green.
 
“Sailor Minerva is taking the Shadow demon, Spark demon, and Parasite demon to Germany. She tried to defeat Sailor Mars, but her plan failed. Not only did Mars reach the level of Eternal, which we did not want her to do, but her protector, Kamen no Mars, Prince Ditio, woke up.”
 
“Ah, yes, Ditio. How is he?”
 
“He seems fine, Princess-sama,” Calcite responded, a bit confused.
 
“Good, good. By the way, how did you know Minerva failed? Did she tell you?”
 
“Of course not, Princess-sama. I still retain my old power and I can still read her mind like a book.” Calcite felt a twinge from the still human part of his heart, but he ignored it and said, “Stupid girl, she will die fighting against those who once held her as part of their court.”