Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon E(ternals) ❯ Past Memories. Is He the One? ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: Sorry it's taken me so long to write. What with work and other stuff, I've been a bit…distracted. I should be able to work more now since school is almost out for the year.
 
Enjoy the next chapter.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the Sailor Moon characters. Naoko Takeuchi has that illustrious honor. I do however own all the new characters and, of course, the senshi's Eternal transformations and powers…ïŠ
 
 
Chapter 13
Past Memories. Is He the One?
 
Artemis yawned, the stretched. He always woke early, which was a good thing, considering that Minako didn't wake early. He blinked a couple times in the early morning light and slowly remembered that Minako's first day of filming was today. “Min...” Artemis never finished. Not only was Minako out of bed, but she was standing in front of her mirror messing with her hair, having already gotten ready for the day. Aretemis's mouth fell open in astonishment.
 
“Oh, Artemis,” Minako said in a cheery voice that showed she'd been up for a while. “Are you finally up?”
 
“Mmmm...”
 
Finally finishing with her hair, Minako picked up some lipstick and applied it to her lips. She turned around and struck a pose. “How do I look?”
 
Artemis finally found his voice to say, “Uh, Minako, you know they'll do your hair and make-up there.”
 
Minako flushed slightly and tried to wave this off. “I know, but I can't go looking like a slob...”
 
Artemis sighed. “Who is he?”
 
“What?”
 
“Who is this guy you're trying to impress?”
 
Minako's face reddened more. “Ah...well...”
 
“I knew it!” Artemis said.
 
Minako scowled at her white cat and said, with some asperity, “What do you remember about the Moon Kingdom?”
 
“Everything...”
 
“Then you'll remember what happened the night Beryl attacked.”
 
Artemis sat down to think for a minute, but then he remembered. He said, in a careful voice, “And, Mina?”
 
“This guy. The guy I'm co-starring with, he's my reincarnated fiancé from the Moon Kingdom.”
 
“Are you sure, Mina? Are you sure this is Feste?”
 
“As sure as I am of anything, anymore. His name is Aidan, but I recognized the soul of Feste right away. I have to find a way to make him fall for me now...”
 
“You know you don't have to end up with him...”
 
Minako sighed. “Yes, I do, Artemis. Now I know how Usagi felt when she thought Mamoru didn't care for her.”
 
Minako walked out her door, leaving Artemis staring dumbly at the blond woman leaving the bedroom. I wish I could help you, Minako, he thought in despair.
 
*****************
 
Minako made it to the TV Studio in record time. “First time I've ever been early,” she mumbled to herself, putting her bag and clothes in her dressing room. “Good morning, Brooks-kun,” she said, greeting the black-haired man sitting at one of the make-up tables.
 
“Ah, Aino-san,” a young woman said, bringing Minako's attention around to her. “You will be sitting next to Brooks-san.”
 
Arigato.”
 
“I'm the make-up artist, Hosakawa Masako. Please, put this on your face. It will moisturize while taking off any unwanted chemicals.”
 
Hai,” Minako said, taking the cloth and flushing as she realized she had on a lot of unwanted chemicals with her make-up she put on this morning.
 
Since she had the cloth over her face, she felt more than saw Aidan Brooks lean over to her. “This will be the only time you'll get to relax all day. Enjoy it while you can.”
 
Aidan sat back up, staring at the long stretch of leg coming out from underneath Aino Mianko's skirt. Stop it, Aidan told himself. Don't push it. He leaned back himself and closed his eyes, more to shut out the sight of the goddess next to him than to relax any. As soon as he closed his eyes, he fell into a flashback, one of the many he'd had over the past 24 hours since meeting Aino-san.
 
Flashback
 
The young man stepped into the Royal Hall of the Moon Castle, looking around in wonder. Five years had changed a lot, yet a lot stayed the same. Before he could finish his glance around the Hall, he saw a familiar blond head with the bright red bow bouncing up to him. He smiled, anticipating the girl he left behind.
 
He was shocked to find that that girl had morphed into a beautiful woman. A woman's whose clear blue eyes shot strait to his heart. Holy Selene! My best friend is beautiful. When did this happen? “Feste! When did you get back?”
 
Feste bowed and took the Vesuvian Princess's hand. “Princess Afen. A pleasure to see you again. I just got back last night. Father told me Queen Serenity was throwing a ball in honor of Princess Serenity getting engaged, and I had to show up.” Great Selene, I'm so glad I did.
 
The look on Afen's face would have made him smile, if it hadn't been directed at him. “What is with calling me `Princess' all of a sudden, Feste? You never used to...”
 
“Forgive me, Princess, but your beauty has surpassed just calling you by your given name.”
 
“Ppffft...What are you talking about?”
 
“Are you telling me that no guy has told you you're beautiful, my beautiful Princess?” Feste cringed at his use of `my' in relationship to Afen, but if no one else had claimed her, he certainly would.
 
“Of course,” she said, tossing her long blond hair over her shoulder, “Namely, the General Kunzite of Prince Endymion's court...”
 
“But...?” I will kill this Kunzite if he hurts my princess...
 
“But all the guys seem to just want my title or me as a trophy...or BOTH. None likes me for me.”
 
“I do, Princess.”
 
“Feste...?”
 
“Come, let's talk.” Feste led her away from the press of people in the hall and down a side passage.
 
Princess Afen, for her part, was nervous. She had never seen Feste act this way, but he had grown over the course of the five years he'd been studying on Neptune. If anything, he had gotten more attractive. Afen had always had a crush on Feste, but since she knew he only felt for her in the “best friend” capacity, she felt like she should respect that, though it killed her that this was the case. “Where are you taking me, Feste.”
 
Feste glanced back and was a bit startled to see the open love shining in his Princess's eyes. Did she always love me so, and I was just too blind to see it? “I'm taking you somewhere where we could talk privately.” They finally arrived at a small alcove with a bench inside. The two slipped in and sat down on the bench. Feste turned and grabbed Afen's hand once more.
 
“My dear, Princess Afen...”
 
“Yes?”
 
Suddenly nervous, Feste started rubbing her hands between his thumbs. “Have I been totally dense?” he asked finally.
 
“Wha...?”
 
Smiling sheepishly, he looked up into the beautiful blue eyes of the woman that he loved and kissed her knuckles. “Am I too late to vie for your beautiful hand, Princess Afen? I know I've been a long time in realizing my love for you, but...” To his utter shock in disappointment, Afen sighed and started laughing bitterly. “What?”
 
“Oh, Feste. Please. It's my stupid...stupid power acting up again. I can't control it. You know how the princess of Venus can control emotions until they are engaged? Mine's gone a bit...haywire lately. I don't want you to do anything rash that you'll regret later.”
 
Feste, finally understanding stood, pulling Afen with him. “You can not control someone after a kiss if it is a true kiss of love, right?” At Afen's nod, Feste lifted her chin and bent his head to her lips.
 
The kiss swept both of them off their feet and left them breathless. When Afen finally opened her eyes, she found Feste staring hungrily down at her. “I still feel the same. Will you marry me, Afen?”
 
Afen, a little dazed and not realizing what happened, nodded her head. Feste took her hand and slipped a ring on her finger. “I didn't question my heart as to why I should bring my mother's engagement ring tonight. Now I know Fate wanted this to happen.”
 
Artemis ran up to the pair at that moment out of breath from running.
 
“Guess what, Artemis. Feste and I are engaged.”
 
“There's no time for that now, Princess Afen. We're being attacked!”
 
The two lovers moved back towards the ballroom in time to see a wild woman and her gang of monsters attacking the palace. Afen turned to her love and said, “You know I must, Feste.”
 
“I know, Afen. Be careful.” Those were the last words he said...
 
End Flashback
 
Aidan sat up suddenly, his heart pounding in his chest. He almost felt the slice of the knife that had ended his previous life. He knew, without a doubt that he had just witnessed a bittersweet memory from his previous time alive. He also knew, somehow, that the Princess Afen in his dream, was one in the same with Aino Minako who was sitting next to him, getting her make-up done up by Masako.
 
***************
 
Minako kept glancing over at Aidan in amazement. He looks almost the same that he did during the Silver Millenium! The same long black hair that I would love to run my hands through… All of a sudden, he sat up and his gray eyes darted to Minako's face. She flushed slightly but hoped he couldn't see it through the layer of powder and base the makeup artist was plastering on her face. Out of the corner of her eye she saw an unidentifiable look in her co-stars eyes and watched as he caught his breath.
 
She couldn't resist. Minako knew he was asleep and the way he jerked up… “Bad dream, Brooks-kun.” Minako was happy to see that she could still see him blush.
 
“Uhh…yes.” Aidan felt himself flush and glanced over at his princess. My princess? Since when did she become my princess? Aidan asked himself. Then, showing real signs of going crazy, answered. Since you realized she is your soul-mate.
 
“Brooks-kun, are you okay?”
 
“Aidan.”
 
Nani?”
 
“Call me Aidan, Aino-san.”
 
Minako flushed and grinned at him sideways. “Then you must call me Minako.”
 
“Gladly.”
 
Before Minako could ask what he meant by that enigmatic statement, she was called onto the sound stage while Aidan had his make-up done.
 
*****************
 
Aidan and Minako were halfway through their first scene when a scream rang out. Everyone stopped and turned towards the sound. “That sounded like…” Jiro started. He stopped, seeing a huge monster run out of the dressing room and towards them. Everyone started running away, except for Aidan and Minako. Minako stood rooted to the spot, but Aidan recognzied the power of Venus flowing just under the surface. She needs to transform into…Sailor Venus, he thought, her alter-ego name coming to him from the back recesses of his mind.
 
He ducked between a few of the set props and when Minako ran by him, grabbed her and pulled her in after her.
 
“Wha…?”
 
Aidan immediately put his hand over her mouth to stop her questions. “Quiet. You need to transform, Princess. It's the only way…”
 
“A…Aidan? What do you…?”
 
“Now is not the time to be coy, Princess!” Aidan hissed. “Transform! Now!”
 
Minako looked at the man she knew to be her former lover and nodded. She stepped a little away and called out, “VENUS CRYSTAL POWER! MAKE-UP!” Golden ribbons made up of stars flew out from the crystal on top of her transformation wand. Her right hand remained up as the ribbons touched the ground and flared up, forming her orange and blue fuku. As she spun around after the ribbons died down, she flipped her long golden hair behind her shoulders and threw her right hand back up into the air. “Thank you, Aidan.”
 
“Go, Princess!” Aidan watched as his princess ran out to face the monster. Please be okay, he thought.
 
“She will, if you help her,” a voice said behind him. He turned to find himself face to face with a dark red haired woman with lavender eyes who was dressed in the opposite colors of Sailor Venus.
 
“Who are you?”
 
“My my, Feste, you don't recognize me?”
 
“No…”
 
“How about now?” she asked, letting her transformation fade into her lavender dress.
 
“T…Tidia? Afen's sister?”
 
“The one and only. Do you want to help my sister defeat that monster out there?”
 
“Yes…”
 
“Then take my hand.”
 
Hesitantly, Aidan grabbed Tidia's hand and was whisked away to world of white. He was greeted by another senshi, this time in gold. “Welcome, Lord Feste. It is time to receive the powers you never got a chance to receive in your last lifetime.”