Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Moon H(ope): All's Fair in Love and War ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Before I forget, I want to explain some things about "All's Fair in Love and War" Here Goes: A.) In following the Japanese episodes (kinda) I have decided that Zoisite will be a MALE. The first time I sent this in, HE was a 'she'. Well-I changed that! Sorry!
B.) This happens after OUR episodes (English) Basically after the R series. Actually-SCRATCH that! This happens after the S Series (Japanese) why? Becuase the Outer Scouts make an appearence at the end. and another appearence in the Parts to come!
C.) The store "Courtyard" is NOT in the Sailor Moon episodes. The name (As far as I know) is mine.
Ok, I think that's it! To Razz, Courtney Wells, Serena Dwyer, Lilac Summers, and many other fanfic writters that I have read and fallen in love with by your stories! Masterpieces, really. I laughed, cried, and screamed with your fanfics. I hope you guys keep writting! Some of your unfinished ones haven't been out lately... To Keeper of Jade- Girl, you are AWSOME! Thank you for all your advice. I hope everything goes well with the rest of your fic! And I saved the best for last: AMI MIZUNO! My friend and Editor-you rock! Thank you for all of your help!
and to all of my friends...Rini, Mina, Rae, Darien (Yeah-Like he'll really read this...), Hotaru-(Hehe! Your stuck with that name!), Lita, Laurie Beth, and anyone else I missed-You guys are my inspiration, and my laughter and joy. Nobody can EVER replace you guys! :P OK-Have I made this long enough? I'm done gushing!
ACCCCKKKKKK! It's THE DISCLAIMERS!
AN#1-THIS IS NOT HENTAI! (Shall I repeat myself?) THIS IS NOT HENTAI! (If you STILL don't understand, e-mail me, and I'll spell it out for ya')
AN#2-I think I am a good writter, and so do the people who have read my work. So I can almost garrentee that you will enjoy this!
AN#3-I do not own Sailor Moon (although, I keep wishing) So Pleeeeaaaaase don't sue me!
AN#4-I try to keep the story simple-IE, following the original show-though sometimes I might miss it. Oh well!
AN#5-Serena Tsukino is my pen name. I AM NOT THE REAL Serena Tsukino.
*****************************************
The day was cloudy. Serena, too upset, didn't bother to get out of bed. Luna jumped onto the bed and crawled to where Serena's shoulders sat. "Serena, get up lazy bones. It's a...er...beautiful day out." Serena turned her head, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't bear to look at Luna.
*Flashback*
The night before, Serena and Darien went for a wonderful evening of dinner, dancing, and a quiet walk through the park. But Darien seemed nervous the whole night. He kept putting his hand into his pocket and moving it around like he was going to show her what it was, but he never did. "Darien, are you OK? Is something wrong?" He looked up at her nervously. "No, nothings wrong. I'm fine." His words almost didn't separate from each other as he spoke. He held her tighter as they walked. Serena began to think he sensed something, but she just let it go, although the feeling of doubt hung around her still. It had been years since evil had reared it's head in Tokyo's direction. Serena and Darien always had something go wrong when they were together, but as for the rest of the scouts, life was bliss, and they savored every minute of it. Darien and Serena sat on a bench over looking the lake in the park. The scene was quiet and peaceful.
'It's now or never, Chiba' Darien thought to himself, turning to face Serena. His love for her grew to new limits everyday. "Serena?" Serena turned and looked at Darien, his eyes were filled with something she had never seen before in them...was that hesitation she saw flicker momentarily in his eyes? Darien dug into his pocket again, but pulled it out empty-handed at the sound of screams. The bench beneath them blew up in splinters of wood and Serena and Darien were flung out into a grassy area just feet away from the edge of the lake. A figure sailed through the air and hovered over the couple. "What the...Zoisite?!" Darien looked above him, disbelief clouded his mind. Serena's voice shock with fear. "But, Zoisite's Dead." She focused on the figure as well and gasped. "Dead to the future, but the past lives on." Zoisite laughed evilly as Serena and Darien looked at each other. "The past?" they questioned in unison. Zoisite chuckled. Serena got a chill up her spine at the sound of it. Zoisite held his hand in front of him and images flashed above Serena and Darien's heads. "Before finding the last rainbow crystal, I stumbled onto an amazing discovery: The black crystal could send me into the future. I saw my death, I saw Malichites death," He paused and looked at the two again, "And now I can see your death! ZOI!" The blast hit Serena. Darien ran to her side before she fell, and caught her. Carefully, he laid her on another close park bench and changed into Tuxedo Mask and battled Zoisite. Soon Serena woke up. Darien was hunched over in pain, but Zoisite was nowhere to be found. Serena tried to get up, but her body was bruised badly. She called out to Tuxedo Mask. He slowly turned around and smiled weakly at her.
* * *
An hour later, they were at Serena's house. Darien brought her to the door, gave her a quick peck on the cheek, and hobbled over to his car and drove off. So many questions ran through Serena's head at that moment. Why had he only given her a quick kiss? Why was he so nervous tonight? Did he know about Zoisite? Then she remembered every date the two of them had shared. Always interrupted by the Negaverse or some new enemy to threaten them. 'Why can't we ever just have a night of peace and go on a date like a normal couple?' Serena turned to open the door, but it opened by itself. Her father stood in the doorway, purple with rage. He took one look at her torn clothes and bruised body. He screamed at her; How she was late, the way she looked, he blamed it on Darien, thinking that he was the culprit for Serena's condition. He then swore that she was never to see Darien again and that he was to know it as well. If they were ever seen together, ever heard, and her father found out, Serena would be moved to a new town, away from him. Serena just stood there. She died a little then. Her father saw it in her eyes, and she ran upstairs crying. Darien had tried to call that night, but Serena's father patrolled the phone like a lion pouncing on it's prey. He threatened Darien and soon, the phone stopped ringing.
*End Flashback*
Now it was the next morning. No phone, no Darien, no happiness. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Serena? It's us. Can we come in?" Lita's voice rang through the door. No answer. Lita opened the door. She saw Luna starring at what seemed to be nothing but a lifeless body. Rae, Mina, Ami and Lita entered the room and walked over to Serena's bed. "Hey girl, we heard what happened." Mina explained to the depressed girl. "Yes. Are you all right? Darien called us last night and explained what happened. Although, when I went to the park today, the computer picked up no sign of the Negaverse. Maybe the two of you dreamed it all." Suddenly Ami realized that she had said something wrong. Serena looked up at all her friends. Her eyes watered up again, and she buried her face in her pillow and sobbed. Rae began to get impatient. "C'mon, get out of bed Meatball Head!! And get dressed, we have a surprise for you. Although I don't know why we bothered." She whispered under her breath. Lita over heard, and gave her a quick shove. They all walked out of the room and waited for Serena. About an hour later she came out. Her hair was out of place, her face was white, and her nose was red. The six of them walked outside. Artimas was in the car waiting for them.
* * *
Soon the vehicle pulled up beside a restaurant. As the seven of them walked in, Serena saw a familiar figure sitting at a table. He turned around and looked at the group...It was Darien. Serena ran to him, hugging, not wanting to let go. Darien wrapped his arms around her and stared down at her face. She looked into his eyes, and they both kissed.
* * *
Afterwards, Serena and Darien went to the park. The rest of the girls started towards Rae's house when a figure appeared in the road. Rae made a sharp turn, almost running into the figure. The car barely missed the person, and the car spun around while Rae tried to again control again. The other girls just screamed. The car ended up in a ditch. The girls got out to see what happened. "What's going on?! Who the hell is dumb enough to stand in the middle of a road like that?" Rae waved her fist around and rolled up her sleeves, ready to beat what would probably be left of a scared pedestrian. "Whoever it is almost got us killed! And if I get my hands on them, they'll be the one screaming from terror! Show yourself you nitwit!" Lita's fury got the best of her. The figure walked to them out of the mist. "Going somewhere?" Zoisite smiled evilly. "Zoisite! So he did attack Serena and Darien!" Ami admitted. "That's right... Sailor Mercury!" A wry smile built it's self on Zoisite's face once more as the girls stood shocked. "How does he know who you are?" Lita whispered shaking, this was NOT a good sign. "I know a lot of things now Sailor Jupiter. I have been to your past, my future, and I know who you are...ALL OF YOU!"
"You'll never get away with this!" Rae shouted. Zoisite just laughed. "I already have. Even as we speak, your future changes."
"Then maybe we should quiet you down forever!" A voice rang out from above and everyone looked towards it. "I am Sailor Moon, champion of Justice! And you Nega-ghost are about to be dust...again!"
"I was wondering when you were going to show up! ZOI!" Zoisite shot a hard wave at Sailor Moon, but she dodged it before it hit her. Zoisite laughed and stepped towards Sailor Moon, but a rose came down in front of him first. "Don't take another step Zoisite!" Tuxedo Mask's cape flew around him wildly in the wind. He stood several feet away from Sailor Moon. "Ah! Cape Boy! So, you are you still carrying around that ring that is intended for your BLUSHING BRIDE?" He pointed to Sailor Moon. A wave of shock fell over the group, followed by a long silence. "OOPS. Looks like I gave away the surprise!" Seeing that this was a distraction, Zoisite quickly threw what looked like a bowl toward all the other girls. Without their transformations, they were practically powerless, and Zoisite knew it. The bowl turned into four boxes and encased each girl in one. Soon Ami, Rae, Lita, and Mina became unconscious. Sailor Moon gasped. "NO! You release them right now!"
"Not a chance! Without them to protect you, the world has no future!" Zoisite almost doubled over in laughter. Tuxedo Mask threw a rose at Lita's box, but it burned with an electrical shock. "Ha Ha! See you in the future." He turned his back on them, then looked over his shoulder. "Then again, maybe not." And with that, Zoisite and the boxes, with the girls, disappeared. Sailor Moon looked at Tuxedo Mask. He couldn't even make eye contact with her. When he finally did, Sailor Moon's face was wet with tears. She turned around and ran. Tuxedo Mask ran after her.
As they ran, both changed back into their human forms. Serena ran to the park, and into the forest. It was dark, and she tripped over a log. Darien was right behind her. She gathered herself and sat on the ground, crying. Darien touched her arm, but she brushed it away. He pulled back. To her his touch was like a fungus, spreading with each second. Darien understood this by the way she started shaking. "Serena, I..." But she cut him of crying. "Just go away." Darien didn't move. "GO!" Darien turned his back on her. "I'll go now, Serena. But I'll be back. And next time, I won't leave you alone until we can talk." He broke of then added slowly, "I love you." Serena snapped her head up. That was the first time Darien had said he LOVED her. "Darien..." She turned around, but he was gone. Serena whispered only loud enough for herself to hear. "I love you too."
*************************************************

Serena picked up the phone in a mad dash to it. "Hello? Darien?" She stuttered quickly, not remembering half of the weekend. The voice at the other end was silent for a few seconds, then it started laughing. "Darien? Serena, your crazy. Darien is in college, why would he call you? It's Molly." Serena answered, disappointed. "Oh, hi Molly." Molly ignored the bluntness in her voice. "Wanna go to the mall? I heard there's a sale at Courtyard." Serena thought for a few minutes as everything flooded back into her memory. A lot had happened that weekend, and all Serena felt like doing was staying home, safe and sound.
"Go." Serena jumped. She turned around to face Luna. She looked tired. Her coat was not as shiny as usual. "Luna, are you all right?" Serena asked, concerned. Luna looked up at Serena. Her eyes began to droop. But she gave Serena a weak smile. "Just go!" Serena turned around again puzzled. "HELLO? Serena?" Molly dragged the words over the phone. Serena snapped back to consciousness, still confused. "Right here. Yeah, I'll meet you over there in twenty minutes." She hung up the phone. "Luna..." She gasped as Luna collapsed on the floor. Serena ran to her. "Promise me ..Serena." Luna was having trouble speaking. She was losing strength. "Leave this behind, don't come back until it's...over... and when this is over..." Luna was hardly breathing now. "When this is over...the group must not be separated again." Serena was frantic. "WHAT? WHEN WHAT'S OVER? LUNA!" But Luna's eyes were closed, and she wasn't breathing.
*****************************************