Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ SailorMoon: Disappearances ❯ Return to us, Usagi! ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Sailor Moon, Sailor Senshi, and all terms, names, etc. associated with the series are copyrighted by Naoko Takeuchi and Kodansha. I make no claim to them and this work of fanfiction should not be seen as making a claim.

This is my first long fanfic; so if you feel that it is inadequate to what a good fanfic should be, please feel free to tell me. Any feedback is welcomed, even flames (I always welcome on tips of how I can improve myself). Please send it to nomadc@home.com. Thank you.

It is suggested that you actually see both the anime version and manga version before reading this, as you'll be clueless to the main theme if you don't. Though you will have a great time reading this, I would still suggest you read/watch the series before reading my fanfic, or else you'll be itching to know what I meant on some inside jokes.

There are some swearing and lots of fighting in the whole series, so please be advise that I am labeling this as PG13, though Parent's Guidance can be ignored. ^^;;;

P.S. I will be using Japanese language forms, meaning it is last names first then first name. Alas, my Japanese is rather poor, so if I do use the wrong verbs or there's a better word for whatever I used, please feel free to message me.

Sailor Moon, Disappearance

Chapter Two: Return to us, Usagi!

"Princess! We miss you, please return to us!" Four voices said, as they knelt in a circle, praying.

"We need your love!" One of them said.

"We need your friendship!" Another said.

"We need your guidance!" Third voice rang out.

"We need your faith!" The fourth voice begged, as the light of their wish shown around them, their minds focused on their princess to return.

"Aaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddd… CUT! ROLL IT!" A male voice yelled, breaking the tension on the set.

Ami slowly stood up from the spot where she knelt down. Beside her, Rei and Minako were also raising. Only Makoto still knelt on the ground, wearing the Sailor Jupiter costume from the props department.

"Usagi" Makoto whispered as a tear of fear and anguish ran down her cheeks and down her chin.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

"Oh… I wish that I could help them…" a voice said in the darkness of space.

"You know that you can't. Not yet… Or they won't be able to learn for themselves about the Darkness that is approaching." Another voice said, from right besides the first speaker.

"And the Light within themselves." A third voice added.

"I know," the first person pouted, "but it doesn't make me wish otherwise."

"We understand." Four voices from behind the figure stated together. "And we'll try to speed up your reunion."

"We can only hope." The first voice said, blue eyes flashing in the dim starlight.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

"Minna, we have to talk." Mamoru said as they sat around a small table in the Hikawa Shrine on Cherry Hill.

"Mamoru and I have been studying the recent attack," Ami said "and I have found some distressing news."

"That we were beaten soundly and if that women with the big knife didn't appear we would have probably been killed?" Rei asked sarcastically. "I don't think we need a smart genius like you to figure THAT out."

Ami adjusted her glasses a bit before saying, "That's part of what I was going to say, yes, but that's not all."

"The enemy was a youma. A youma from the Dark Kingdom, to be exact." Mamoru continued, hoping to reach a conclusion before the three teenage women in the room burst with questions.

"BUT" he said, holding out one hand to cut off any questions, "it is stronger than anything we have fought since the Death Busters, and as we are missing the Outers and their talismans, not to mention…" At this, Mamoru's voice drops to a small whisper, trying to hid the anguish and pain in his heart, "her." He quietly shakes his head, remembering the longhaired figure he saw two nights ago, his mind quickly snaps back to the subject at hand.

"Currently, we cannot defeat it alone. We have to…"

"… find the Outers to help you while you find a way to strengthen yourselves, right?" a voice from outside intruded.

Spinning around, the Inners and Mamoru find themselves facing Meioh Setsuna, Ten'oh Haruka, Kaioh Michiru, and Tomoe Horaru standing in the doorway. Setsuna was merely looking at them with a bemused look on her face as Michiru did her job of predicting the future. "Of course we will help." Michiru continued as Haruka laughed politely and Horaru giggled. "We ARE the defenders of this galaxy.

"But first, tell us what happened. All we know is from a feeling Setsuna got a few months ago."

"They've been here for a few MONTHS?!" Rei asked incredulously, un-wanting to believe that she have missed the enemy's movements for months.

"It's not necessary a negative feeling," Setsuna explained. "But rather one where only a person with time sense would sense it."

The group of senshi sat down, digesting what Time's guardian just told them. The outers entered and closed the door behind them. Ami was the first to realize the meaning of it.

"But that would mean that there's either someone using the time gates…"

"No. It is even more server." Setsuna replied, grim faced. "Someone, with powers equal or greater than I has closed the Gates of Time from me, it's guardian."

"WHAT?" "HOW?' "WHO?" The inner Senshi asked in confusion and disbelief.

"I've been blocked from the Gates of Time since a few months ago, due to some kind of energy barrier that I've never felt before. It is created by someone who has equal or greater power and skills on manipulating time than I do. I only know 3 person who can do such a thing, one of them is dead, and the other has a duty not to interfere like that."

"Whom are you talking about?" Ami asked, quite curious as to know who could wield such a power except the senshi of Pluto.

I think the Princess did it."

"WHAT?!" Five voices yelled in shock, as the thought that their Princess acting like Pluto and manipulating time so skillfully that even the guardian couldn't penetrate.

"But… but that's impossible!" Makoto exclaimed. "Usagi has never had any experience in doing that sort of thing!"

Setsuna lifted an eyebrow. "Really? Do you remember what happened after she defeated the Dark Kingdom?"

All the inner senshi frowned at the reference she was pointing to. During that `final battle', they had paid the price for protecting their Princess, but later were re-awakened in their homes, forgetting what has happened as senshi. In fact, most people tended to think that nothing strange has happened for the duration from the awakening of Sailor Moon, to the destruction of the Dark Kingdom.

"Anyways, it will be in the Princess' best interests if you get stronger, and fast. From what I can feel, something strong is coming towards our Galaxy, and it may have influenced the Princess to leave us."

"Are you saying that Usagi was mind controlled?!" Rei exclaimed, unable to believe that her arts failed her in protecting the person she needed to protect most.

"No." Setsuna replied calmly. "From what I could tell, she left willingly. You should know, since you were there."

<Flashback>

They were jumping over rooftops, seven darkened figures following one in front. It wasn't much of a race, as the one in front seems to be gliding forward effortlessly, while some of those behind was starting to become tired.

"Wait!" A female voice from the group behind yelled, starting to lag behind.

Her aqua-haired counterpart who was leaping effortlessly yelled, "Where are you going to go?"

The figure in front didn't answer, but instead made a larger leap, jumping across 2 buildings. <When has she been able to do that?> The red haired Shinto priestess thought, as she continued to chase the figure ahead.

The senshi of the wind ran faster than she ran before, but found herself further and further away from her target. <How can this be? That I, with Uranus as my protector, cannot catch up with my princess…> she wondered, trying to gain more speed.

An orange oriented senshi was just behind Uranus, and sweat can be seen, glistening off her blond hair. "Wait for us! Don't just leave us…" She cried, hoping that their leader would hear her and stop.

"Damn you, Pluto…" A brown haired senshi muttered as she started to lag behind. "Why didn't you give us some kind of warning…?"

Suddenly, the winged senshi made a 180-degree turn and made a great leap backwards. Tears could be seen coming out of her eyes as she looked at her prince.

"Usako!" Tuxedo Kamen yelled as he leapt towards her, only to be cut short, and falling in front of her.

Sailor Moon's wings seemed to flare to life as the silver moonlight gathered around her. "Good bye, my senshi…" She whispered as the light became too bright for them to see. "Venus, take care of my inner court. Uranus, find Pluto and protect Saturn…"

When the light receded, Eternal Sailor Moon, reincarnated Princess Serenity, currently Tsukino Usagi, was gone.

<End of Flashback>

The room was quiet as the man and women were lost in thought of what happened that day. The pain was still fresh in their hearts as their princess, the reason of their lives, left them. In their minds, there is only one goal: To find their Princess, and to protect her, fulfilling the void in their hearts.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

Well, that was shorter than intended, but hopefully you enjoyed it.

For those that watched the English dubbed version and the original Japanese version should get the in-jokes during the story, but if you don't, here's a brief run-through.

The names that the Sailor Scouts (Senshi) use are the same that the movie producers use. Ironically, the movie producers also come from across seas, as you'll learn later, so it ties into the joke.

Some of the plot might be confusing currently, but I promise that they will tie into the story perfectly before the end.

Oh, just for fun sake, you can add the cherry blossom floating across the floor when the Outers appeared for dramatic effect. I'm not about to write something like that in! ^^;;;;;;