Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Searching for the Moon ❯ Searching for the Moon ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Searching for the Moon"

Alternate Reality.

Usa / Rei fic

I don't think it will be a Yuri, but it's about friendship for sure.

By: Jessica Conkling a.k.a Jessie-chan

Disclaimers:

I don't own sailor moon. That's it, there I said it. ::Goes into corner and cries::

Comments: Hi everyone, I am a big lover of Usagi / Mamoru fictions. I love them to death. But I wanted to try something new for a change. Just as an experiment. ^-^ I'm weird like that. I like to try new things and Idea's so here is my Sweet little fic, of friendship and loneliness. :D I also like Usa/Haruka - Usa/Mamo - or Usa/Rei fics, if anyone can point me to some it would be SOOOO appreciated!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've always wanted a true friend. Someone to share my thoughts and feelings with as I go threw my lonely life. Sure…I have friends. Ami, Mokato, Minako, Setsuna, Haruka, Michiru, and Mamoru are all good friends. And I love them; they are there for me no matter what. But I want something…more. That type of friendship that goes to the soul. The person that understands you, the person you can tell anything to without feeling ashamed.

A girl with raven black hair and violet eyes, smiled attentively as another girl of about 17 with long golden blonde hair made a funny little joke about her cat, Artemis. Ever since I became a Sailor Senshi, I've always hungered for this love. Strange dreams come to me. There about this beautiful girl- no - woman, who is laughing and spinning around in a rather large rose garden that was raining, rose petals. Her hair up in two buns, and long silver hair flowed down in a glorious cascade of shimmering moonbeams.

She laughed at me joyously as I tried to keep up with her. "Come on, Mars!" she called the squealed in delight as I started to gain on her. But no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't catch her.

"Rei? Rei?" I heard some voices call me back to reality, missing the girl's joyous laughter I focused on who was calling me. It was Minako, the girl who resembled the girl of my dreams somewhat. But her hair was blonde and the vivacious life that was in my beloved- wasn't in her.

"Rei you've been kinda spacey lately, Is there anything on your mind ya want to talk about?" She asked innocently her blue eyes bearing into mine trying to read my thoughts.

"No Minako-chan, Nothing's wrong with me. I just have a lot to think about," I said while looking at my soft drink.

"Alright Rei-chan but if you DO have something ya want to talk about were always willing to listen," she chimed in with her sweet voice.

"Speaking of a lot on the mind," said Ami, as she looked up from her physics book, "We still haven't found anything on this Moon princess we are looking for. If only we had more clues. What she looked like, anything. She could be anybody guys. Even one of us!" she said, she looked a little upset to me.

"What if she has already been taken by the Negaverse? What if she is one of us? What if she doesn't want to be found?" asked Minako bubbling with questions.

"We will find her when the time comes," said a dark green hair woman with red eyes, whom we know as Setsuna.

"How do you know? I mean we have been searching for her since we were 14! We have been fighting and fighting. And still no trace what so ever of her." Said a Tall brunette with emerald green eyes.

"Trust me," she replied calmly and coolly, while sipping at her coffee'. Mamoru was sitting beside me; he let out a sigh and went to get up when someone entered the crown arcade.

"Matoki!" she chirped in the voice similar to my angel. She had long flowing silver hair tied up into the same buns my princess had. Gods, I think I'm in love.

Mamoru went still beside me; he was staring at the girl as well. I stomped his feet in utter to bring him back to reality and to keep his mind away from my angel.

"OUCH! REI! What is the matter with you," he growled, his face turned red though as he noticed the girl that just walked in, was looking at him.

"It isn't nice to stare," I said then smile sweetly and innocently at him.

"Usako!" called Matoki, as he ran up and gave her a big hug. Me and Mamoru both glared in protest, as the rest of the senshi turned their heads back to see what we were glaring at. "It's been such a long time!"

"Hai, Mat-chan it has been," she said then stood up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

Haruka was also glaring at Matoki-kun, I don't know what was coming over us, but the three of us were now on red alert. Matoki smiled down at MY golden haired angel, then he looked over at our laughs happy faces.

"Come on! I want you to meet my friends!" he said then pulled her over to us.

"Usagi I want you to meet, Chiba Mamoru - My best friend, Hino Rei, Tenouh Haruka,

Koih Michiru, Meiou Setsuna, Kino Mokato, Aino Minako, and Mitzu Ami." He said pointing to them in order as they sat. "And everyone, meet, Tsukino Usagi, My

Girlfriend." I glared in disapproval. But then perked up because she was looking at me.

"So how did you two meet?" asked Minako thirsty for information on this new turn of events.

"It's kinda funny actually, remember that vacation I went on that one year, the one to America?" he said while laughing a little nervously.

"Yeah! The one I begged you to take me!" chirped Minako her eyes alight and glowing.

"Yeah, that one, well on the trip there Usako, was at the airport as well. Turns out we both had the same looking bag. I took hers and she took mine. Then when I got to the hotel I opened my suitcase and there was a whole bunch of women's clothing. I freaked out and ran outside and at the same exact time, Usako came running out of hers looking panicked. I looked down at the case in her hands and I said, this must be yours." And we have been seeing each other ever since.

"How come you never told us?" asked Mokato, her eyes almost brimming with tears.

"Well, I just asked her last night," said Matoki, as he looked around nervously cause he was getting death stairs from 3 particular people. (Coughs) Rei, Mamoru, and Haruka (coughs)

"Yeah, but he's been a stick in the mud as of late. He didn't call me at all so I decided to visit him!" She said then squeezed his arm.

"Sorry Usako, I've been really busy, college, store, teenagers glomping me," He said that while looking at Mokato.

"Do you think you could take me around for a short tour now?" she asked sweetly holding on to his arm and giving him the starry eyes look.

"Sorry, babe, I can't right now I got the store to look after." Said Matoki while giving her a sympathetic look.

"Ohhhhhhh…Matoki…. please…." she requested.

"I'll take her," I exclaimed standing up, "I'll even take you for ice cream my treat!"

"Oh Great! I love ice cream!" exclaimed Usagi, while clasping her hands together.

"Okay then! It's a date lets go! Move Mamoru!" I said while shoving him out of the booth and on the floor. He looked up at Usagi and blushed slightly; she gave him a sympathetic smile and helped him up.

"Thanks," he said, while coming up and meeting her blue eyes.

"Your welcome!" she said and smiled at him.

"Oh no you don't Mamoru," I said to myself, she's going to be my friend. I grabbed her arm and said, "Come on Usagi! There is so much I want to show you!"

Rei's long violet hair flowed behind she ran down the street pulling Usagi behind her.

"I'm so glad you could take me," said Usagi when they came to a stop.

"No problem!" exclaimed Rei with joy, she was so happy. She just knew that Usagi was exactly the girl she was dreaming about. The moon princess, she could feel it, but she wasn't going to tell the others. She wanted to be with Usagi for a while.

"So, is Mamoru your boyfriend?" asked Usagi, with a grin.

"Mamoru and me????? NO WAY!" I exclaimed, "I don't need ANY men in my life. I'm just fine without them. He's just a friend. The only guy I really care about is my grandpa.

No one else." I told her.

"Why? You're so pretty! I would have thought you would have had a boy friend!" said Usagi. They walked quietly down the street; Rei noticed that they were coming to the park.

"Come on, I'll show you the park," said Rei, she wasn't as happy now, but she felt that she could tell Usagi anything. After all this was the princess from her dreams. The one she dreamt that she stayed with for long hours of the day, just talking and playing. Her favorite dream was the dream that she was crying one day. It hurt really badly to Rei, but Usagi came and soothed her. Talked to her, she let Rei put her head in her lap and cry the whole time. She didn't know why she was crying; maybe she didn't want to know if it was that awful.

As they walked threw the park, Rei started the conversation again. "You see Usagi, I don't like men…because they're all dumb and stupid. When I get to marry, I'm going to marry to have enough to keep the temple up and running. I'm going to marry rich."

"Why do you think that Rei? Their not all bad." Said Usagi, her voice sympathetic and soothing to Rei.

"Soon after I was born, my mother died. I can't even remember what she looks like. Anyway, my dad," Rei cringed inwardly; holding back her urge to just let the tears flow down in a never-ending torrent of water.

"My dad…he didn't know how to raise a girl, I guess. And he never wanted one from the beginning. He blamed me for my mother's death. And he's right to; if I hadn't been born then my mom would be alive. He left me alone most of the day, and when he got home, he would complain how the house was never clean enough. How I was stupid, and I needed to be taught how to behave and everything. He even slapped me a couple of times. I was overjoyed when I was sent to live with my grandpa. I couldn't take it anymore. Then it took me so long to finally get some true friends." A tear slid down her cheek.

"Its alright Rei," said Usagi as she wiped away the tear.

"All I've ever wanted was someone to talk to, someone that would understand me. I've dreamed about her for a long time now. The girl that would be my best friend," said Rei as Usagi led her to a bench and they both sat down, Rei laid her head in her lap and Usagi amazingly didn't protest. Rei new she wouldn't cause she was such a loving person.

"I know who you are Usagi, you're the girl from my dreams, the moon princess from so long ago. I felt it, when you came into the room. I knew, you were my best friend, the one I've been searching for. Please don't think I'm crazy, cause I don't think I could stand it if you did."

"Shhhh…" said Usagi as she tried to calm Rei. "Everything will be all right, I believe you

Rei. Cause I know too, who I am. I've known for a long time. Coming here to see Matoki was an excuse. I knew I would find the mysterious Sailor Senshi here. But we must keep this a secret. The others can't know until later, then we will finally beat the Negaverse."

Rei, who was still drying in Usagi's lap sat up to look at her, "Alright Usagi, Moon

Princess…"

Usagi hugged Rei and let her continue to cry and tell her the story of her life, all the pain she had kept bottled inside, Rei released without fear of being judged and was finally happy she found her best friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mina!!!!!!

What do you think of my nice little Story ^-^ I just HAD to write this. I believe that

Usagi and Rei are truly best friends, just like Usagi and Mamoru fought, Usagi and Rei do also. The love is there for friendship. I hope you all like my story. Maybe I will write a sequel sometime. Maybe, maybe not ^-^ depends on if anyone likes this story.

Anyway, please Read and Review.