Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Senshi: Gathering of the Five ❯ Chapter 25

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Senshi: the Gathering of Five
Part Twenty-five
 
Mamoru had seen and done much over the years, much blood staining the hands of the black haired warrior prince, but even he felt his blood chill as he met Hotaru's eyes. Whatever once was within those violet eyes was gone, there was only the desire for destruction, a need for the life and blood of any who opposed her.
 
"They're coming," Mamoru could feel them approach, the power within some of them stirring the foul air of this realm.
 
Queen Serenity nodded, her smile as cold and beautiful as ice. "First we must blood them," she said in a purr, "send my personal servants."
 
Standing to the side the young man bowed, his simple tunic and cloak flowing, white hair glittering in the torch light. "Of course, m'lady," Diamond purred, "can we kill them?" Beside him Rubius and Emerald looked nearly as eager, eyes alight with bloodlust.
 
"I want the bitch Setsuna and my daughter kept alive," Serenity answered him before smiling coldly, "the rest are yours."
 
"I want to accompany them," Hotaru said softly, her voice eerily like the whisper of wind across an open grave.
 
"As you wish," Serenity bowed her head slightly, and the four disappeared from the room in a burst of unearthly speed.
 
"Is that such a good idea, my Queen?" Mamoru asked once they were sure they were gone, "She was once human."
 
With a casual manner Serenity backhanded him, sending Mamoru to the floor to spit blood on the stone floor. "Do not question me," she said coldly, "ever."
 
Mamoru felt his blood chill once more as he heard something new in his queen's tone, something that he had never heard from her before. She was scared, honestly frightened! "Of course my lady," he murmured submissively.
 
Outside the doors to the queen's chamber the four took their places, each ready to face battle. Emerald looked at Hotaru, her green hair flowing as the beauty murmured to her, "Thank you for honoring us, fighting beside us here."
 
Hotaru raised her glave, the rune encrusted weapon glowing a faint violet in the darkness, her voice steel like, "Don't slow me down, that will be enough."
 
"Here they come," Rubius murmured, the mob of Oni warriors separating with contemptible ease as the Senshi strode forward, lead by the princess herself.
 
A nearby warrior quailed under Hotaru's gaze as she suddenly reached out, yanking him towards her. "I need to feed," her voice was cold, without regret as if explaining something commonplace, "to face them."
 
"No," he softly bleated, trying to break free but Hotaru was too quick.
 
The three warriors gazed in shock as the blade of her glave plunged into his chest, the runes inscribed on the weapon lighting up with a sullen red glow. Violet light danced up the weapon into Hotaru, filling her with health and vigor even as his own life was sapped away, in moments leaving nothing but an empty husk.
 
"By the darkness," Diamond's voice came out in a whisper, then he shook himself. "For one who was once human," he said softly, "you are as ruthless as any of our blood."
 
"Thank you," Hotaru answered, her voice strangely full of life now, eyes shining with an unholy energy. She yanked her glave free, sending her victim's desiccated husk falling to the floor where she coolly kicked it aside.
 
The band of warriors neared, and Rubius studied them thoughtfully. The princess was easily identified, her blonde hair flowing around her, the hated blade shining on her shoulder, Her expression was focused, intent, ready to destroy like many of their blood. Beside her walked a miko, her black hair glistening, the scholar of ice, the masked killer, a tall and capable warrior and two of the hated cat-beasts wearing their false human forms.
 
"Setsuna," Hotaru's voice was soft, almost deadly as her gaze locked onto the tall woman with an awful kind of familiarity.
 
"How do you want to divvy them up?" Emerald asked, her voice eager and dangerous.
 
Diamond gave Hotaru a thoughtful look then he smiled slightly, "The Princess and the masked one are mine."
 
"I suppose I can take the cats and the barbarian," Rubius said confidently, the red haired boy smirking slightly.
 
"Then I must have the miko and wise woman," Emerald shrugged.
 
"Setsuna and the two godlings are mine," Hotaru purred, "thank you, I have an old... debt to settle with them all."
 
Princess Usagi pointed her sword, her stance confident as she met their eyes. "Stand aside," her voice was iron, unyielding, "or you will face the consequences."
 
Diamond bowed to her, a strangely graceful gesture. "Your time of rulership has not yet come, princess," he said, "but I will make you a counter offer: yield to us now and we'll let you keep all your pretty companions as pets."
 
"Never," Usagi cried and led the charge.
 
Almost as if they had practiced it Rubius, Emerald and Diamond thrust hands forward, combining their powers and lashing out in a single blast of unholy force. The occult energy washed over them all in a foul wave, staggering them and sending them to their knees. Then they leapt forward, splitting up to choose their targets.. or victims.
 
Emerald raced right by the miko, backhanding the black haired woman as she suddenly loomed I front of the wise woman. The blue haired woman tried to bring her pistol up but Emerald was too fast, grabbing her by the wrist. As the chaos of battle raged around her Emerald smiled, "You are a most attractive one, are you sure you wouldn't yield?"
 
"Go to hell you old hag," the blue haired girl gasped out in pain.
 
"Hag?!" Emerald cried out in anger, tensing her grip unconsciously. With a loud snap the girl's wrist broke, the bone's grinding together as Emerald tightened, listening to the girl's wails....
 
"No!" the miko cried out. Completely forgotten the miko's arrows lanced into the startled Emerald, staggering her. She wheeled around in time to see the last arrow coming... right before it plunged through her eye and into her skull.
 
Diamond saw Emerald fall, her body bursting into purifying flames but he was too busy to act. His first attack had been gifted with surprise and he had struck viciously, shredding the upper arm of the masked one and rendering her helpless, then drawing his blade he attacked the princess.
 
Swiftly she parried his attacks, the gorgeous blonde seemingly unaffected by the dark power they had unleashed. Instead she almost seemed invigorated, katana flashing as she fought back and forth with him, refusing to give ground to him.
 
'She doesn't care about her comrades,' Diamond thought admiringly, 'merely my destruction. Truly she is one of our blood!' Aloud he said, "You fight well, would that I had been chosen for your consort rather than that fool, Mamoru!"
 
"Don't talk about him!" The Princess' rage gave her a burst of strength, enough not only to break his blade but to continue the swing right at Diamond's head.
 
Unaware of his fallen comrades Rubius laughed as he tossed Luna's broken body aside, letting the black haired catgirl fall wetly to the floor. "I was expecting more sport," he commented mildly.
 
Artemis' howl contained no words, filled with a hollow sort of rage. Throwing blades glowed as the white haired boy tossed them, striking deeply into the red headed boy's arm. Faster than he had ever moved before he closed the distance, eyes flashing as he ripped and tore with clawed fingers.
 
Even as Rubius tried to fend him off the brown haired woman struck, grabbing him by his already wounded arm and driving the blades deeper with a irresistible grip. To the sound of his howls she purred, "Your friend shouldn't have hurt Ami, that made me mad."
 
"Die you whore!" Rubius cried out, unleashing another wave of the dark power against her with his free hand.
 
The power buffeted her, blood trickling from her mouth as she staggered but it seemed the monster woman would not fall. "You first," and with that Makoto grabbed his head and twisted until there was a wet, breaking sound and Rubius fell.
 
Hotaru smiled as she met the green haired woman's eyes who tried to guard her stunned companions. "I remember you, Michiru," Hotaru purred, "you fought along side the storm god and that witch Setsuna to slay me."
 
"No," Michiru shook her head, "we wanted to save you."
 
Hotaru laughed as she spun her glave, eyes glittering. "Save me to die from illness?" she mocked, "I would rather be damned."
 
"You're still human, Hotaru," Michiru appealed, "you don't have to do this."
 
"I will show you how human I am," Hotaru purred as she struck. Her glave was nearly invisible it was so fast, slicing flesh like butter as Michiru cried out, blood splattering. "I will not take your life," she said, "I'm full right now."
 
"Get back here," the sandy haired woman groaned, pulling herself up despite the force which Hotaru had used to dispatch her earlier. She swayed unsteadily but she gazed with eyes that burned both with rage and concern for her fallen comrade.
 
Hotaru's eyes took in the battle field, gazing at the injured Senshi and her own fallen comrades with a smile. "The Queen is waiting," she answered as she raised her glave in salute then was gone in a burst of unearthly speed.
 
To be continued....