Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Grey ❯ The Second Chosen ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Shades of Grey

Author: Moonlight Storm

E-mail: MoonlightStormSM@aol.com

Genre: Romance/Action/Adventure

Season: 1st

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Usagi is changed into a vampire a year before becoming Sailor Moon. As her soulmate, Mamoru is changed too but doesn't know why or how it's happening.

AN's at the bottom....

"Talking"

'Thinking'

Disclaimer: Don't own, never will.

Shades of Grey

Chapter 4

"Sailor Moon! Sailor Moon!"

An anxious voice brought her back to reality.

"Who was that Luna?" she questioned while picking up the rose.

"I'm not sure, he's never shown up at a fight before. I didn't sense anything evil; perhaps he's not an enemy."

'I sensed something, but it wasn't evil.'

Thoughts chased themselves endlessly around Usagi's head.

Her young heart showed it's true nature then with a devilish grin, "Well I hope he's not the enemy. He was so dashing in that tuxedo..."

Luna's eyes gleamed in amusement, or, perhaps, agreement.

"It would be nice to have another ally before we find the remaining Senshi. We'll start the search tomorrow morning, ok Usagi?"

She nodded.

Usagi woke suddenly and quickly. Luna slept at the foot of her bed. It had taken some pleading, begging, guilt, cajoling, and promises to convince her parents to let her keep the cat. Especially with the fit Shingo had been throwing over how he was terrified of cats. But she had managed it, after making sure to say she'd feed Luna, water her, and so on and so forth.

But now Usagi knew she needed to feed, and the thought of what had woken her up completely slipped her mind. And with her new guardian sleeping at the foot of the bed, it presented a new problem. How was she expected to sneak out without Luna's knowledge? Unless the cat was a heavy sleeper, which few animals are, even talking ones, she'd need to think of a plan.

'If all else fails, I'll tell her I'm a vampire, but only after exhausting every other notion.'

But for that night her dilemma was solved; Luna was gone.

'Probably out hunting mice.'

With that thought she crept out her open window, into the oak tree next to it, and shimmied down the trunk.

"The kitty stalks cat nip in the moonlight."

Luna wasn't amused by her password as she gave it to Central Command.

"Luna, what do you have to report?" Central's automated voice asked her.

She cheered at the thought of the good news.

"Central, I have news. I've found Sailor Moon. A young girl of around 14, she defeated her first youma earlier today directly after I taught her how to transform. I'm staying at her house now; we'll begin our search for the other Senshi tomorrow morning. There was one thing at the fight... A young man showed up afterwards to tell Sailor Moon she did a good job. He gave no name, but was dressed in a tuxedo, white opera mask that hid his identity, and top hat. He stood on the limb of a tree with ease, and threw a crimson rose at Sailor Moon's feet before leaving. The rose had dug deeply into the cement, as if it was steel-tipped. He didn't seem to be an enemy, but I can't be sure if he's an ally either. What do you think Central?"

Command had stayed silent during her tirade, but now replied, "He gave no name, yet if his congratulations is any indication he will help us in defeating Metallia."

The video game spit the name out in hatred, "Do not trust him just yet. Do not hinder him either. Begin Sailor Moon's training. Keep me informed. Gambatte ne."

The Sailor V game went blank.

Her cries of mercy went unheeded by her would-be attackers. There were only two, but easily overpowered the blue-haired girl.

"Give us your money," one of them whispered darkly.

"I-I, I don't have any. I was just going to the l-library." stuttered the girl. The one who hadn't spoken yet glared menacingly at her. Yet before he could make a move, a golden blur shoved him into a wall, knocking him unconscious. Before the girl pressed against the wall could tell who her savior was, they had grabbed the remaining thug and run off.

She used her opportunity wisely and ran home.

Usagi threw the man violently against the wall. She seethed with fury. These were the kind of trash she took off the street for at least a little while. She couldn't bring herself to kill a human, even scum like this. But she would feed deeply tonight.

Luckily Usagi got back home before Luna. A few minutes after that Luna lay down on the bed after climbing the tree. So the first night passed, and all secrets were safe.

"Usagi, Usagi-chan! Wake up! Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?"

Luna whispered anxiously.

"Mmm.... School? School!" Usagi shot out of bed. "Oh, I'm so late! Why can't I get up earlier?" Usagi soliloquized while rushing through her morning ritual.

Ikuku handed Usagi her lunch, wrapped in a pink handkerchief with white bunnies and crescent moons scattered over it just like the blanket on her bed. The odangoed girl dashed down the street with Luna at her heels. They had decided yesterday afternoon she should come with Usagi to school in case there was an attack.

So Usagi was sprinting, head down, legs churning, arms pumping. Therefore Luna saw him coming, but Usagi didn't. Unfortunately, that meant Usagi crashed into him. Yet before she could fall, strong tanned arms wrapped around her waits, saving her from hitting the cement as they always did.

"Oi, Odango. Why didn't I expect this?"

Usagi glared and threw herself out of his grasp, but suppressed a shudder at the loss of contact immediately afterwards anyway.

"I don't know Mamoru-baka. Why don't you be more careful when you know I'm always late? Late! Haruna-sensei is going to kill me! Ja!"

And with that she took off for school, the black cat right behind her.

Surprisingly enough, Usagi was on time and in her seat when the bell rang; but Haruna-sensei was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh joy," Usagi complained to Naru.

"The one day I'm ready for class when it starts Haruna-sensei is late. That's just lovely. Really."

Conversation stopped in the room when said teacher walked in with a slight girl.

She was dressed in the standard school uniform; blue knee-length skirt and sailor t-shirt on, book bag clutched in front of her with clasped hands. Her dark, nearly indigo hair was cropped close in a stylish cut. Nervous blue eyes stared out at the class beneath heavy lashes in hesitance.

Usagi's eyes flashed recognition for a split second before plastering a welcoming smile on her face.

"This is Mizuno Ami. She just transferred here; I hope you all make her feel right at home," the last phrase was said in such a tone as to almost be considered a threat.

"You can take the seat behind Umino-kun right over there," Haruna-sensei indicated with a finger.

"Finally Naru-chan! Lunch, my favorite part of the day," Usagi called joyfully.

"I know. Hey look! It's the new girl, why don't we go eat lunch with her?"

The blonde started jogging towards her, "Hai, let's go."

Once Usagi was a few steps away her senses were hit by a sudden feeling so hard that she nearly reeled backwards; as it was she stumbled a few steps before regaining her balance. Ever since she'd been Changed, Usagi's vampiric nature allowed her heightened senses and a few psychic abilities when they were needed. This was one of those times.

'This girl, I feel like I know her, besides rescuing her last night of course. There's just this feeling. I need to tell Luna about her.'

"Kon-wa, its Mizuno-san, isn't it? I'm Naru and this is Usagi."

"Konnichi-wa Naru-san, Usagi-san. Onegai, call me Ami."

Usagi grinned, "So Ami-chan, do you like this school?"

Ami smiled shyly, "Yes, it's nice. Everyone's really friendly too. And the library is so extensive!"

Naru smiled warmly after a slight face fault, "Eh, Ami-chan... Do you want to eat lunch with us?"

A blush stained Ami's cheekbones a pale pink, "I'd like that."

Not too much later the trio was chatting happily and becoming fast friends. That is, until Umino showed up for his expected interrogation.

"Mizuno-san! Is it true you transferred from that smart academy? Why did you leave? Were you kicked out? What made you want to come here? What do your parents do? Do you really have a 300 IQ? Are-"

"Umino-kun! Leave her alone already!" Usagi exclaimed while gesturing to Ami who had shrunk from the questions.

"Jeez, I swear you're going to be one of those nasty reporters when you get older..."

The bell rang that signaled the end of lunch cut their conversation short.

"Come on Ami-chan, we need to get to class," Naru told her.

"Eh, go on ahead without me minna-chan. I'm going to use the ladies room first," Usagi proclaimed.

"All right Usagi-chan. Let's go Ami-chan," she said as the two ran off.

The sound of Usagi's footsteps echoed down the hall, classes would starts in just a few minutes. The blonde stepped into the bathroom and locked the door behind her; no one could walk in on this conversation.

"Luna, Luna!" she called out the window.

The little black cat's head popped into view,

"What is it Usagi-chan?"

Usagi stared solemnly back at the cat, "I think you should check out this new girl, Mizuno Ami. I sense something and it's not evil. I just can't figure out what is."

"Oh, nothing evil though? Ok, bring her to the Crown Arcade after school if you can. I'll be waiting there, ja."

"Ja ne Luna."

Just as the cat began to walk away, she stiffened.

"Usagi, there's an attack, you must attend to it."

The girl's eyes opened wide, "Luna! They'll miss me next period, they'll call Okaa-san, she'll kill me if I skip! Take care of it for me, ne?"

Finish Chapter 4

Ok minna-chan! Hurrah! Another chapter. E-mail me with comments, questions, constructive criticism, no flames though please, at MoonlightStormSM@aol.com, or R/R me. Chapter 5 will be out soon. Please please *please* review!