Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Ancient Prophecy ❯ Draco's Sore Bum/Fire Readings ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Ancient Prophecy

Chapter 2: Draco's Sore Bum/Fire Readings

Disclaimer: I don't own either HP or SM. They belong to their respective owners.

*** last time ***

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend Potter?"

*** present time ***

"Well Potter?" asked the icy voice again.

"What are you doing here Malfoy? I thought that you hate us Gryffindors," stated Harry coldly, turning to face a boy their age with blonde hair and icy blue eyes.

The boy - named Malfoy - chuckled, "What makes you think I don't Potter?" turning to face Selene, he added. "Name's Draco, Draco Malfoy," bending down to kiss Selene's hand.

Harry felt his face turned red with anger (or rather green with jealousy) as Selene gave a slight blush.

"My name's Selene Tsuki. Nice to meet you," said Selene, smiling politely at Malfoy.

"You know, you're pretty," said Malfoy, "Pretty stupid to be friends with Potter, Weasel and especially with Mudblood here," he added, jerking his hand at Hermoine.

Selene noticed that Hermoine's face turned pale white while Ron's ear had turned red with anger as he clutched his fists. Harry gave Malfoy a glare.

"Why you…." started Ron, as he stood up and glared at Malfoy, a raised fist in the air. The two boys, Crabbe and Goyle, besides Malfoy growled and crackled their knuckles.

"Stop it," said Selene, standing up also. "He's not worth it," and placed a reassuring hand on Ron's shoulder.

Reluctantly, Ron lowered his fists in defeat and sighed, still glaring at Malfoy.

Facing Malfoy, Selene said, "Listen, I don't know what Mudblood means but I think you own Hermoine an apology,"

"Yeah right. As if," snorted Malfoy, crossing his arms.

Suddenly Malfoy glowed a light silver and began floating slowly.

"Hey, what in the…." started Malfoy, startled as he looked down to saw his himself dangling above the ground.

"Apologize now," stated Selene, glancing up at the floating boy. She was also glowing a light silver.

"All right, all right!" said Malfoy, turning to face Hermione, he added, "I'm sorry okay? Now will you put me down?"

"Ok," replied Selene and with a flick of her hand, Malfoy was back on the ground, unfortunately landing not so softly on his bum (AN: hehehe ^.~ ) .

"Ouch! Couldn't you make it a little more softer?" asked Malfoy as he stood up, rubbing his sore bottom. Luckily for him, since classes are nearly starting, they were the only ones left to see his misfortune. The other students had already left the Great Hall.

"Umm.. Nope," replied Selene, a mischievous smile on her face.

Harry and Ron meanwhile had to choked back their laughter as Hermoine glared at them, resulting in loud snickers.

"Anyway we got to go now, classes are starting," stated Selene and dragged Harry (Hermoine with Ron) outside the Great Hall.

Malfoy meanwhile had a sweatdrop in his head. "She sure is a strange one," he stated and proceeded to bonk Crabbe and Goyle hard on the head to shut them up (they were choking so hard trying to control their laughter).

"Oh that was wicked! I wish I had a camera," said Ron, laughing uncontrollably as he and the others walked towards their first class (Divination with Ravenclaw).

"I'm ashamed to say this but I'm glad that you did that to him Selene!" exclaimed Hermoine, blushing furiously as Ron and Harry gave her surprised looks. "What?! He really does deserved it!" at this, the four laughed.

They climbed the stairs leading to Divination class. When they reached to top, Harry then opened the door and the four entered.

"You're late." stated a misty voice.

The four turned to face Professor Trelawny, the Divination teacher, staring (along with the other Gryffindors and Ravenclaws) at them with her dazed eyes looking larger than its normal size behind her thick glasses.

"I'm sorry Professor Trelawny. It was my fault." stated Selene.

To the surprise of the other students (Including Ron, Harry and Hermoine), Professor Trelawny, wasn't at least the bit mad. In fact, she looked rather amused. "Its all right Miss Tsuki," and with a wave of her hand, gestured the four to take their seats. Selene nodded her head and took a seat beside Hermoine (Hermoine had asked Selene earlier if she wanted to be her partner and she agreed) with Harry and Ron (also partners) behind them.

Professor Trelawny then sat down on her winged chair, her back turned to the flickering fire in the fireplace.

The classroom was silent. Professor Trelawny closed her eyes and seemed to be meditating while the other students besides Ron, Harry, Hermoine, and Selene were shuffling their feet nervously, wondering who'll be the next to have their future predicted except for Lavender Brown and Patil Pravati (sp?) who are waiting excitedly.

Hermoine rolled her eyes and sent Selene a look.

'This is sooo boring!'

Just then, Professor Trelawny snapped her eyes open and suddenly got up from her chair. Breaking the silence, she said "All right class. Today is a very special day," stopping to glance at all of them before she continued.

"Today, we're going to learn how to learn how to do fire readings,"

Groans, along with a few yeses, can be heard from the students.

Professor Trelawny ignored them and with a flick of her wand, bundles of orange-red fire appeared in each of the students' desks. (one fire for two students).

"Kindly look into your fire and tell me what you see,"

"I see nothing except for the fact that this subject is truly useless," muttered Hermoine, looking into her and Selene's fire.

Unfortunately, Professor Trelawny heard them and approached Hermoine and Selene's table.

"I sense very low capacity coming from your Inner Eye my dear," said Professor Trelawny in her misty voice, glaring at the brown-haired girl.

Selene coughed. "Umm, professor? I can't see anything either," she started.

"No need to worry dear. I sense great potential from you. You'll be able to master your Inner Eye in no time," assured Professor Trelawny as she turned to face Selene, her lips formed a small smile.

"Humph!" snorted Hermoine as she crossed her arms, glaring at Professor Trelawny's retreating back.

~ Much, much later. In the Gryffindors' common room ~

"Ugh! I can't believe that we have to write two rolls of parchment about the goblin rebellions for History of Magic," groaned Harry, placing his quill besides his still unfinished assignment and massaged his forehead, his glasses besides his quill and parchment.

"Yeah and three rolls on how Muggles will react if they discover us," moaned Ron who was sitting besides Harry. The two were sitting on one of the common room tables while Hermoine and Selene were sitting on the couch, doing their assignments also. The common room was occupied mostly by fifth years, the rest had gone to bed or had decided to work in their rooms.

"You two have absolutely nothing to complain about. Harry you live with a Muggle family and you Ron, your father works in the Ministry of Magic." stated Hermoine, looking up from her work at the boys. Both she and Selene didn't take up Muggle Studies since Hermoine had already taken them up and Selene told them that she has pure Muggle friends.

After much time later, Selene said, "There, I'm done," and put down her quill. She then rolled up her parchments and closed her inkbottle before she placed all of them inside her backpack. She got up and stretched, "I better hit the sack. Night guys," and with a yawn, walked up the stairs towards the girls dormitory, her backpack slung over her shoulder. "Come Articia,"

Articia flew out of nowhere and perched itself on Selene's other shoulder.

"I wonder where she gets that ice phoenix. Anyway, I guess I better turn in too," said Hermoine and began packing her stuff back in her backpack. Then, with a yawn, followed Selene upstairs towards the girl's dormitory, her backpack placed on her shoulders.

"We better turn in too. It seems like we're the only ones here," stated Harry, glancing around them. Sure enough, they really seemed to be the only ones left in the common room.

Ron noticed this too and nodded his head. The two pack their things and head upstairs towards the boys' dormitory.

As they walked up the stairs, Ron asked, "So what do you think of Selene?" turning to face Harry.

Harry was suddenly glad of the dimly lighted stairs, preventing Ron from seeing Harry's blush.

"Beautiful, nice, smart, mysterious and has a great personality," replied Harry, blushing so furiously that he thought for sure that Ron could see it despite the darkness.

"You like her don't you?" asked Ron teasingly.

"Umm…yeah," replied Harry, nodding his head before he realized that Ron couldn't see it.

Luckily of him, they were already at the top so he opened the door leading to their room and both boys crept inside, not wanting to disturb their sleeping roommates, and quickly changed into their pajamas.

"Night Harry," said Ron sleepily as he crawled into bed. Before long, soft snores reached into Harry's ears, signifying that Ron's already fast asleep.

"Night," replied Harry softly as he also crawled into his own four-poster bed. Pulling the covers over him, he blew out the single candle lighting the whole room and fell instantly asleep.