Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Feelings ❯ The Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1 - The meeting
 
*I don't own sailor moon, so don't sue me.
 
Author: This is my first fanfic so don't kill me if it's bad >.< Also I know it's seems a bit slow in the beginning but I promise in later chapters it'll be better.
 
He stood in the middle of the entrance, hesitating whether or not to enter. The café was crowded with people, mostly highschool students. It was a Friday afternoon and the last day of highschool for yr 12s. Darien slowly moved into the café. Looking around trying to catch a glimpse of her. She was the highschool girl that took his heart away. He remembered their first meeting; it was like as if it was just yesterday. It had been a strange day.
 
-=The beginning of the year=-
(Darien reminiscing)
 
I had made a date to meet a net friend called Rye for the first time. We had decided on the meeting place to be in front of Destiny Café. It was the latest hangout. I had waited there with my friends, Andrew and Rita. It was 1 o'clock, yet Rye had not turned up. I kept checking my watch until I saw a girl that kept looking out of the store across the café and at us. I'd told Rita to go and ask that girl if she was Rye. As it turned out, she was. She was with her best friend, Serena. Serena, the simple mention of her name now makes my heart beat a little faster. Yet, when I first met her that day, I didn't think much of her. As the days continued, it seems as though Rye was snobbing me off. Rita had tried her best to talk to her but Rye just wouldn't talk as much. Instead, it was Serena, who was doing most of the talking. During that time, I must admit, I didn't think much of Serena but it was the meeting after the first meeting, that I realized I had feelings for her.
 
*A few weeks later, the second meeting
 
Rye had asked me to go out to watch a movie with her. She had told me that Serena might come. I didn't care, actually at the time; I thought Serena seemed to be always there. Now I wish she had continued to be. We met up, Rye, Serena and me. After we watched the movie, we ate. For some reason Rye was not snobbing me off anymore. Serena was doing most of the talking. I don't know how but I ended up telling them about my past, growing up alone. At this time I had thought that I was developing feelings for Rye, as I held her hand for a few seconds. However, it was a few weeks later, when I had a dream about Serena, did I realise my true feelings were for her and not Rye. At the same time I came to realise that Rye liked me.
 
(End of reminiscing)
 
Now it is nearly the end of the year. It is going to be the first time since he had seen Serena in months. Darien walked over to the booth where had seen Rye waving to him. He walked over not expecting to see the sight before him. In the booth were Rye's friends, Amy, Mina and Lita. But Serena was no where in sight. He was disappointed. So he asked casually after he had sat down where Serena was. Lita said she was coming but did not explain any further. It seemed like an eternity, when the moment came when he was going to see her again. Then, suddenly she showed up.
 
He was sure everyone could hear his heart breaking when he saw her with the guy. She had been laughing as she approached them, her hand holding on to his arm. He was angry, he was furious, he was jealous.
 
Serena and the guy sat down opposite him in the booth. He forced a smile and acted like he was fine. Rye was sitting next to him trying to get his attention, yet his mind was somewhere else. Until Serena called his name out, did he snap out of it.
 
“Hi” Serena simply said.
As an after thought
“This is Brad, Brad this is Darien” as she introduced the two guys to each other.
 
They all talked and laughed, as they talked about their last day of highschool.
 
Brad made conversation with Darien. Serena smiled as she watched them both. Her heart was beating ever so fast as she looked at Darien. She tried to control herself from embarrassing herself, but it was too late when she got up to go to the ladies. She had to get pass Brad in the booth. But tripped and fell on him instead. Brad easily caught her. Everyone was laughing including Darien and she felt her face burn red. Eventually Serena got out of there. In the cubicle, she tried to control her heart beat as she pictured Darien sitting in the seat opposite her. It had been months since she had last seen him.
 
(Side note: Brad and Serena had gone out for a while but decided it wasn't going to work out and broke it off now they just stayed friends)
 
When Serena got back to the booth, she heard Mina and Lita, recounting their first meeting with Brad. She realized that the way they were recounting the incident sounded like she was still going out with Brad. Brad was not saying anything.
 
Serena approached them pretending she hadn't heard anything.
 
“What are you guys laughing about?” she asked.
“When they first met Brad and how it was so funny” replied Darien.
“Oh, don't listen to them” said Serena, as she sat back into her seat.
 
How could he not listen to them, they had basically said that you are going out with that that guy, Brad, thought Darien to himself. He couldn't believe it, he had just lost her, before he even had a chance to be with her. He was so upset but he acted like it had not affected him.
 
They talked for a few more minutes before, Brad, Mina, and Amy had to go. Only Rye, Lita and Serena and himself were left. But then Lita and Serena left a few moments later. Darien was sad when he had to say goodbye to Serena.
 
Rye and Darien were left after everyone had gone home. Rye's heart was beating so fast being near him. She liked him so much. Everytime she was near him she wished he could hold her tight.
 
After Rye said her goodbyes, Darien walked back to his parked car which was parked along a river bank. He stopped at the railings which was separating him and the river. It was late; there were a number of people walking around. He noticed the amount of couples around him holding each other. His thoughts were on Serena, as he turned back to the river and watched the water flow gently. His arms leaning on the railing. He couldn't believe the overflow of emotion, the wash of feelings. He didn't know what to do. So he picked up his mobile and dialed her number. “Hi, Serena, it's me”
 
To be continued…Next Chapter, what happens after his call with her and how will Rye feel finding out the truth?