Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Love of The Lion and The Serpent ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Wohoo! I'm nearing the 100th reviews! I hope I get to have it. (crosses her fingers tightly) Please..please.

Disclaimer: Do I have to do this every time?...I don't own HP and SM. Satisfied?

The Love of the Lion and The Serpent

Chapter four: Quidditch and Impersonators

----------------------

Usagi woke up that morning to the shrieks of Taki as the owl had swooped inside the dorm from the window and perched itself on the foot board of the girl's bed.

The blonde smiled as she sat upright and leaned forward to stroke Taki's silvery-blue feathers with care.

"Hey girl." She said softly, smiling when the owl crooned and nuzzled her hand with its' golden beak.

Usagi's smile was soon replaced by a frown as she realized what day it is.

"Today's Saturday…the Quidditch match." She grumbled grimly before she grabbed a pillow and buried her face in it, shuffling a dishearten groan.

Meanwhile, Taki gave a light, high-pitched squawk, almost as if it was laughing at the blonde.

Usagi groaned. The whole world is against her.

----------------------------

After debating whether to stay in bed all day or go outside (the grumbling of her stomach had settled the decision), Usagi finally got the nerve to get out of bed, shower and changed into her black robes.

As Usagi headed for the stairs, out of the corner of her eyes, she noticed several of her fellow female House mates staring and pointing their fingers in her direction.

The blonde's silver eyes narrowed at them irritatingly, giving their already cat-stilted shape a menacing look.

However, Usagi remained silent and turned away instead to look forward.

The staring and the pointing continued as the blonde made her way towards the Great Hall. At times, Usagi could hear some of the students whispering softly to each other as she passed the hallways.

Usagi frowned but refused to comment that she could overhear them anyway, although she would've enjoyed watching the whisperers give a startle jump.

When she'd finally reached the Great Hall, Usagi opened the large wooden doors and stepped inside.

As she approached towards her House Table, Usagi noticed the other students staring at her, most from either Slytherin or Gryffindor. Usagi's eyes narrowed once more and a dark gleam crossed her silver orbs at the unwanted attention she was getting.

Feeling eyes boring at her back, Usagi hurried her steps as whispers began to hiss throughout the hall.

She was in such a hurry to avoid the stares and the pointing that she almost passed her own Table.

A small frown set upon her pale face, Usagi flopped down indignantly at the seat besides one of the Weasley twins and began to pile her plate with food angrily.

"Woah...easy on the spread Usa." Lee said after some time.

Usagi glanced at the slice of bread she was buttering and blushed slightly. She had spread too much butter that the yellow substance had already begun to drip down at the bread's corners.

"Sorry." She muttered as she placed the spreader down and pushed the butter away. "I have a lot on my mind today."

"You mean the Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor this afternoon?" asked the Weasley twin besides her.

Usagi gave him a 'DUH' look. "You think Fred?" she asked sarcastically.

Fred held up his hands in defense. "Hey, I was just asking. No need to get so sarcastic."

George shook his head from across Usagi. "I still don't know how you always managed to tell us apart Usa."

"Even Lee here has been friends with us since forever and he still can't tell who's who." He added, pointing a thumb at the black-haired boy besides him.

Lee merely stuck his tongue out at George.

"You two are exactly alike." He replied and turning to Usagi, he asked.

"How do you tell them apart Usa?"

Usagi, for the entire emotional trauma she'd been experiencing today, managed to give an amused smile and even a giggle.

"I don't know either Lee." She admitted. "I just it's…"

"Hey guys!" Cho greeted as she sat on the spare seat besides Usagi.

George rolled his eyes good-naturedly. "Don't you ever stay at your own table?"

Cho humphed. "Why? Is it a crime if I want to sit besides my friends during breakfast?"

Not bothering to hear George's reply, Cho turned her eyes to Usagi.

"Hey Usagi," Cho lowered her voice so that only Usagi could hear. "Did you know that the whole's school talking about the bet?"

It was Usagi's turn to roll her eyes. "No…" she started sarcastically.

Then her tone turned serious. "Of course I know!"

Usagi proceed to mutter a few Japanese curses under her breath, with a few added English words. Cho and Percy, being the only ones who could understand Japanese, blushed at the comments the blonde girl was making.

Oliver chose this moment to sit down next to Percy who was next to George. He noticed the glare of death Usagi threw at him and gulped.

Looking at the older boy with murderous silvery eyes, Usagi said in an icy tone.

"If you lose Oliver, I'm going to hurt you in a slow and painful way that you'd wish that you were dead already."

-----------------------------

Usagi kicked the ground before her, sending the dirt to fly in different directions. Judging from the heat and by the height of her shadow, the Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor should start in a couple of minutes, probably an hour or so.

Grumbling under her breath, the blonde could do nothing but wait and see what the outcome of the later match would bring. To speak the truth, over the two of them, Usagi would've picked Oliver over Marcus. Oliver was much nicer and less arrogant, though the past events made her almost changed her mind about that part.

Usagi shook her head in dismay. Why or why does she have to be in the middle of a House rivalry? Life just sucks sometimes.

She was so caught in her musings that Usagi didn't noticed that Angelique Toreros, one of the Gryffindor Chasers, came up towards her until the blonde nearly gave a shriek of surprise.

"What's wrong with you?" Usagi asked, still a little shaken up. She wheeled around to face an amused Angelique.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack." The blonde added, fuming.

Angelique giggled at the younger girl's antics. "Sorry about that. I just want to ask you something."

"Are you okay with being the 'prize' and all that?"

Usagi sighed. "I wished."

She continued. "I hate being the so-called 'prize'. What's worse is that I can't do anything about it….Hey!"

Usagi had a sudden gleam in her silver eyes. And, without a second thought, she pulled Angelique closer and whispered quietly into the other girl's ear.

----------------------------

It was time for the Quidditch match, everything was perfect. The afternoon sun shined brightly in the cloudless sky and the wind humidity was just right.

However, in every sliver lining, there's always a cloud. (AN: I know it's supposed to be the other way around, ok?)

"Where's Angelique?" voiced out Oliver as he look frantically at the large crowd settled on the high seats, hoping to catch a glimpse of the said-girl among them.

"There she is!" cried out Tucker McGillian, one of the Beaters and a seventh-year. He pointed behind them.

Oliver turned around and gave a sigh of relief as he saw Angelique heading their way, already dressed in her Chaser robes.

Yet, something deep within his mind nagged at him. Oliver narrowed his hazel eyes suspiciously.

Wasn't Angelique a bit taller than she is now? Come to think of it, her uniform seems a little bit looser than usual. And why was she wearing her hood up and covering her face in the process?

"You okay Angelique?" The brown-haired Keeper asked his teammate.

'Angelique' nodded her head in response.

"What took you so long?"

'Angelique' gave a cough before she answered. "I was practicing my stunts and I guess I lost track of time."

Oliver's eyes narrowed a second time. Angelique's voice sounded the same but the nagging kept continuing in his mind and made him asked another question.

"Why are you wearing your hood up?"

"The sun gets in my eyes." She replied simply.

Oliver quirked an eyebrow at the answer. He was about to ask another question when the seventh-year Gryffindor Quidditch Captain ushered them together for one last pep-talk.

"Let's do our best guys," said Roberto Evans as they huddled together. The Captain's eyes turned to gaze knowingly at Wood and smirked as the brown-haired Keeper blushed. A few of the others snickered at this as well.

"For Wood's sake, let's win the game!" Evans continued. "Are you with me?"

"Yes!"

"Then let's get out there and win!"

--------------------------------------------------------

"GO GRYFFINDOR!!!"

A chorus yell greeted the Gryffindor team as they entered into the Quidditch Field. The whole Gryffindor House as well as supporters from other Houses cheered them on from the stands.

Usagi glanced at the where the other Gryffindor students were, her silver eyes caught the real Angelique amongst them. The older girl gave her the thumbs-up and if she wasn't wearing her hood up, the blonde girl would've seen the huge grin Angelique was sporting.

Usagi simply gave a nervous smile at the older girl. Her eyes caught sight of Fred, George and Lee and nearly waved at them which would've been unexpectedly since the real Angelique hardly ever hangs out with the three.

Usagi gripped tightly with anxiety the Seven Sweeper Angelique lent to her. Hopefully, she'd get through this and not get into trouble…or worse, expelled.

Until now, she'd thought that it was a great idea. But as the game grew closer, the more Usagi came to realize that maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all.

Butttt….What's life without taking any chances?

Usagi's terrified look was replaced by a mischievous smirk that quickly faded once the referee, who just happened to be the Professor Sprout of Herbology, blew a sharp note from her whistle.

Both teams came forward, the two team captains at the head. Out of the corner of her eyes, Usagi noticed Marcus standing behind the Slytherin Quidditch Captain, an arrogant smirk pasted on his lips, dark eyes challenging.

Usagi turned to where Marcus was looking to see that the older boy had been staring at Oliver who glared icily back at him. She shuddered slightly at the tension hanging in the air between the two. It was so thick you can cut it with a knife.

The blonde girl was taken out of her stupor when Prof. Sprout began to sprout (AN: excuse the pun) instructions.

"Alright, teams. I want a good and clean fight. Any unfair movements I see, I shall stop the game and the offenders will report to their respective House Head afterwards. Am I clear?"

At the nods of agreement amongst the players, Prof. Sprout instructed the two Captains to shake hands as she began to unlock the trembling trunk that held the Quidditch balls, carefully keeping the trunk closed by placing her foot atop it.

As soon as everyone had gotten into position, Sprout blew the whistle to start the game and moved her foot from the trunk. With a loud thug, the object opened and out came the Bludgers and lastly the Snitch, twittering fast as lightning its' hummingbird-like wings.

Sprout threw the Quaffle upwards and the game began. Seth Jordan, Lee's older brother, was the Quidditch's announcer. From the gamer's stand, the sixth-year teen pushed his dreadlocks out of his face and held the microphone closer to him as he stated the match's status.

"Chaser Uno has the Quaffle and - Oh! What a bummer! Flint stole the Quaffle from him - Damn you Slytherin!"

"Jordan!" warned McGonagall behind Seth, hands on her hips.

"-Sorry Professor…Keeper Wood missed the Quaffle Flint threw and…! Slytherin score!"

The whole Slyhterin crowd and supporters cheered. Sllytherin was ahead by ten to zero.

Wood tossed Flint a glare and the dark-haired boy merely smirked and gave a mock salute, making Wood growl deeply from the throat.

-----------------------------------

As the game progress, Usagi, guised as Angelique, sighed and glanced at the scoreboard. Slytherin was leading by fifty points and the Snitch was nowhere in sight.

The blonde shivered as the wind picked up. The previous afternoon sun had dimmed slightly, showing the passing of time. The heat had begun to dissipate and the cold early evening wind blew, rustling Usagi's robes.

Usagi rubbed her hands together and breathed against them, hoping to lessen the numbing icy cold feeling from them.

To her outmost surprise, the Quaffle was thrown towards her by fellow Chaser Uno. Usagi recovered from her shock just in time to catch the large orange ball, barely missing it by a hair.

The blonde gave a yelp as a Buldger suddenly flew towards her and shut her eyes, bracing herself for the pain that'll follow.

However, it didn't come. After a few seconds, Usagi opened her eyes to see that Tucker had whacked the Buldger away with his bat.

The brown-haired teen looked back at her, eyes a piercing blue-green. He motioned with his bat towards the Slytherin area.

"Go! Quickly!" He urged, his voice deep but not intimidating.

Usagi's silver eyes widen as she saw the rest of the Chasers heading towards her. Recovering quickly, Usagi heed the older teen and turned her broom to fly in the other direction.

The Quaffle nestled firmly beneath her arm, Usagi leaned forward her broom to pick up the speed. She was thankful that her hood still managed to keep in place.

"Chaser Toreros has the Quaffle - Go Angelique! - Oh no! Chaser Flint's picking up speed! He's right behind Toreros! - Faster Angelique, faster!" exclaimed Seth, nearly at the edge of his seat in excitement, microphone gripped tightly in hand and eyes focused.

Usagi would've sweatdropped if she wasn't so nervous. She broke into a cold sweat when she dared to glanced behind her and saw Flint advancing towards her.

Usagi snapped her head back front and leaned forward to the point that her lips could touch the broom's handle if she pouted. Her eyes gleamed a dark silver as she focused her attention on the goal hoops being guarded by the Slytherin Keeper.

Now deeply concentrated, Usagi moved in a zigzag line, trying to evade Flint's arms from stealing the Quaffle. The blonde took a sharp turn then surprised Flint by diving under where another one of the Gryffindor Chasers was in position.

Usagi threw the Quaffle and the Chaser, a dark-haired chubby girl, caught it. The blonde then flew in the direction where the Slytherin Keeper is.

The Keeper, a beady-eyed fourth-year growled menacingly at Usagi. She simply reflected it with a simply wave of her hand and waited instead for her turn, eyes focusing on the dark-haired Chaser girl being followed by the rest of the Chasers, Flint included.

"Chaser Mika from Gryffindor has the Quaffle…Woah! She completely evaded Chaser Hedador's attempts to snatch the ball - Haha! Sucks to you Slytherin!"

"JORDAN!!"

"Whoops! Deeply sorry Professor, it just slipped out - What the!"

Chaser Mika had dived right on top of Usagi and dropped the Quaffle. Smirking, Usagi caught the ball and threw it at the right side hoop where the Slytherin Keeper left unguarded.

"Chaser Toreros has the ball and threw it! Keeper Smitch moved to block it - No no no! - He missed! - Yeh! Gryffindor's now ahead by ten points! - Superb job Mika, Toreros!"

Gryffindor supporters cheered but they were soon drowned out by even bigger cheers and deep, disappointed groans. Seeing the huge smirk on the Slytherin Keeper's face, Usagi turned to see what the commotion was all about.

She felt her heart beat wildly, whether because of the surge of adrenaline Usagi did not know, as she saw the Slytherin Seeker holding something in his fist. He was also doing some sort of a victory dance.

Usagi listened closely to Seth's mutterings of the status of the game amidst the continued mixed noise of groans and cheers.

"Seeker Biter has the Snitch!...Slytherin wins!"

Seth said the last part with a dishearten groan.

Somewhere among the players, Flint had managed to fly towards Wood enough to whisper something in his ear.

"Looks like I win, Wood-Y." He muttered and leaned back to flash him a smirk.

Wood glared at him and Flint simply laughed it off.

Usagi couldn't believe what she was hearing. Slytherin won? Shit!

The blonde groaned. She now has to go on a date with Mr. Arrogant Jerk, Marcus Flint. Oh the horror!

Usagi gritted her teeth at the triumphant shrieks of the Slytherin girls in the stands behind her.

What did she ever do to deserve this?

So lost in her musing, Usagi didn't noticed Smitch shoving her out of his way towards his teammates.

With a surprised squeal, Usagi lost her balance and fell off her broom. The hood of her robes fell away from her face but she didn't notice it. Instead, Usagi had shut her eyes with her hands, preparing to eat dirt.

Suddenly, Usagi felt a strong pair of arms caught her halfway from the ground. She moved her hands away from her eyes and opened them.

Startled silver met equally shocked misty hazel.

Usagi blinked. It was Oliver, he had saved her. The blonde blushed from this revelation.

"I…err…" She started to say.

Professor Sprout flew towards them and gasped when she saw Usagi instead of Angelique being held in Oliver's arms.

Her shrill, angry voice echoed throughout the entire Quidditch stadium.

"Miss Cosmos! What in the world are you doing posing as Angelique Toreros? You are in big trouble young lady!"

To be continued

Poll Status:

Oliver/Usagi: 45

Marcus/Usagi: 39

Still a close race people! So vote vote vote