Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Prank War ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. Wait. I don't. Hmmm….Wait a sec. (Looks around and sees the real owner of SM holding Hotaru's Silent Glaive). Nope. I don't. (Gulp) Couldn't see why I ever thought I did.

Chapter 2:

Present…

Usa fumed as she stared at the back of that…that JERK!. How dare he!? Ruining her precious hair! She ground her teeth as she recalled what he had done to it. The indignity. The inhumanity of it all. That evil baka had turned her hair neon green!!! All of it!! She didn't know what he had done to the food to make her hair turn that color, and she really didn't want to know. Thankfully it wasn't permanent, but if it had been…He would have been a pile of Moondust. She would turn him into an insect with her Luna Disguise Pen and torture him with a magnifying glass. And, after he was completely at her mercy, she would change him back and sick Haruka on him. She thought for a second. Yes. That would do nicely. Nothing like a little boyfriend torture courtesy of your overprotective guardian.

"Usagi?" Usa turned at the sound of her friend's curious voice. "Hai?" Minako seemed to freeze for a moment, blinking as she tried to remember what she'd wanted to ask. Finally it came to her. "Aren't we still following him?" Usagi sighed. Really. This was too much. There must be something wrong when her friend doesn't even know what they are supposed to be doing. "Yes, Minako, we are." Minako blinked. "Oh. Then why is he all the way up there? Shouldn't we be right behind him?"

She thought about it for a second, and then blushed. She couldn't believe it. She had gotten so angry that she had forgotten what they were doing. Usagi blushed even more. How blonde could she get? After she had recovered from her moment of humiliation, Usagi looked over at Minako, who had actually proven that she was smarter than she looked, and wondered at the fact that Hell had finally frozen over. It took a few seconds, but she finally managed to get over the idea that Minako might actually be more intelligent than she thought she was, and began to move towards their intended target. Following her lead, Minako walked behind Usagi, wondering when they could get some ice cream.

A Few Hours Later…

Usagi sighed. Boring. It couldn't get any more boring than this. After he had bought bread he had wondered into a few stores, apparently shopping for some new clothes. And then, after that wasted hour and a half, he had gone into the library for another two hours, and when they had finally woken up from their nap he had vanished into thin air. So, after a hectic search through several streets they had finally found him at the Crown Arcade, reading a book. Boring. They'd been sitting there for the last half hour observing him through the window. Usagi yawned. She didn't really want to be doing this right now. She wanted to be inside. In the nice cool air, away from the vicious heat that made her shirt stick to her skin like girls tended to stick themselves to the famous Starlights. "Ewww….I think I'm going to get sweat stains." Usagi sighed again as she realized that Minako was right. They had been outside too long. The heat was going to give them horrible-looking sweat stains if they didn't go inside soon. She found herself weighing her options. If she went inside Mamoru might guess what they were up to, but if she didn't….ewww. The image of her having sweat stains decided it. They were going inside. Usagi stood up, hauling Minako up with her. "Come on, Mina-chan. We can spy on him from inside, we'll just have to be more subtle about it." She listened as Minako sighed in relief, and together, they both walked to the door and into the blissful cold.

The ding of the doorbell alerted everyone in the arcade to the presence of the two, and soon Minako and Usagi found everyone looking at them. Great. She hoped that they didn't look too sweaty. That would be the absolute limit. She was all for getting back at Mamoru, but she did not want to be caught looking horrible while she did it. If that happened, then he would win. And that was NOT going to happen. Not by any stretch. Usa smiled and walked over to the counter, Minako close behind her. She needed a drink now. Or better yet, some ice cream. That always hits the spot. Her eyes flew over the board; she knew it by heart, but it never heart to look in her opinion.

"So, Usa-chan, decided yet?" came Motoki's ever-cheerful voice. She turned slightly, and grinned. It was fun to talk to Motoki. He was like an older brother to her. Always so kind, so fun to be around, and he came with a lot of good advice. "Yeah. Ummm….A hot fudge sundae, and a cup of key lime pie ice cream." She watched as he immediately began making the order, chattering as he did. Weird. She had never really noticed that he chattered. It was kind of a girlish quality. Well, for most guys anyway. But for him, it seemed to fit.