Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Earth Saga 3- The Gemstone Scouts ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Background Info
"Sunshine, you up yet? We're going to be late!" Raksha called out to her twin sister.

Sunshine peeked out from under the covers and groaned when the sun hit her full in the face.

"I'm awake, but not up. Why the hurry? It's only 6:30." Sunshine moaned out.

"Yeah and we have to meet Fire and Elisabeth at school at 7:30." Raksha paused a minute while brushing out her long green hair, one of the two things different about her and her twin. "Have you noticed anything weird about Elisabeth lately? How she's been breaking off from us and Fire?"

"I guess," Sunshine said. "That locket she has is pretty. I guess Damien gave it to her."

"Yeah." Raksha looked at Sunshine's bed again. "Come on!"

Sunshine pushed back the covers. "I'm up. I'm up. What's the date?"

Raksha looked at her sister as if she had gone mental.

"Sunshine, what was the day yesterday?"

Sunshine thought back. 'Yesterday we didn't have school, today we do.' "Yesterday was Sunday."

Raksha held up a calendar in front of Sunshine's nose. "Now, this was yesterday." Raksha said, pointing to May 9. "And this is today." Pointing at May 10.

"Oh my goodness! I can't believe I forgot that today is our birthday!" Sunshine shot out of bed and rushed around the room, getting ready for school.


***


After the small birthday party Elisabeth and Frie threw for them after school, Sunshine and Raksha's parents gave them the worst birthday present ever.

"Girls, we're sorry this has to come on your birthday, but . . . we're moving to Tokyo." Their mother told them.

There was silence in the room. Suddenly, Raksha started screaming at her parents.

"How can you do this to us? We just had our sixteenth birthday! I am not leaving the Phoenix School District, Oswego County, New York, or the United States!" Raksha yelled and ran out of the house.

Sunshine just looked sad and told her parents she was going up to her room.

Their mother, Irene, and father, Aaron, looked worried.

"I'm worried about Raksha. She never lets her frustration out. Do you think that was the breaking point?" Irene asked.

"Yes, I think so." Aaron said. "What do you think she's going to do?"

"She might want to stay here. If she does, we'll have to send her money to live on her own," Irene said.

"Good idea," Aaron said.


***


Raksha ran and kept running. She ran until she got to the Palermo elementary school and sat down on a swing.

She starts crying softly and, suddenly, a small cat started to walk up.

"A kitty? Come here, kitty." Raksha whispers, tears still gently rolling down her face.

The cat was red and it had something like a jewel on her forehead. It was a deep red color.

Raksha started petting her when the cat came to her.

'That's her! Aphrodite told me about her, but I wasn't sure if I could find her,' the cat thought.

"That's a pretty jewel on your forehead. Like the January birthstone, garnet. Do you want to come home with me?" Raksha asked the cat.

The cat let out a loud purr as Raksha scratched between the cat's ears.

"I guess I can take that as a yes. How about I name you . . . Garnet. You like that, don't you?" Raksha laughed as her tears dried up and Garnet purred louder than before.


***


"I want to stay here." Raksha said quietly as she walked into the living room.

Irene sighed. She knew this would happen.

"Okay, honey. You may stay here . . . What's that?" her mom said suddenly.

"What? Oh, this is Garnet. I'm going to keep her since you guys are saying I can stay here." Raksha said, happily. Then, a sudden thought hit her and a black cloud flew over her happiness.

"When are you leaving?"

"We leave tomorrow. We'll miss you, honey." Irene said as tears seeped into her eyes.

"Why don't you go talk to Sunshine and tell her the plans." Aaron said.


***


In their bedroom, Garnet was watching the tearful conversation.

'Oh, girls. You'll be reunited soon.' Garnet thought. She remembered Aphrodite's words to her, Sailor Earth, and the Moonlight Prince.


-Flashback-


"Now, Elisabeth, I know you don't like cutting off your relationship with your friends, but soon we'll be able to tell Raksha and Fire everything."

"Just Raksha and Fire? Why not Sunshine?" Elisabeth asked.

"Now, Elisabeth, Sunshine is going to join up with the Sailor Scouts soon. I will not tell you why we can tell Raksha and Fire, but you will know soon enough," Aphrodite said.


-Flashforward-


'Soon, Raksha will find out she's Sailor Emerald, Fire will find out she's Sailor Ruby, and, while Sunshine is in Tokyo, she will find out she's Sailor Sun.' Garnet thought to herself, watching the tearful embrace.


***