Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Sailor Moon Legend of Zelda ❯ Part Three: Me and My Shadow ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(This is something I'll bet you've all been anxious to see, and here it is)
 
(And… as an added Bonus… you'll get TWO SONGS in the same chapter. Two for the Price of one.)
 
(The song played during the battle will be the Inu Yasha song… OWARI NAI YUME, dubbed in English.)
 
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
 
 
Link stood with his sword shining brightly, and so did Shadow-Link. Both of them eyed each other for a moment and then.
 
“YAAARRRGGGH!!”
 
“AAARRRGGGH!!”
 
They charged toward each other like jousting knights, and their blade clashed into one another. Each time more forceful than the last.
 
The city in the georama of the heart
is sparkling with the light of hope
the dream that flew up with the wings of an ephemera
is something that we search for
the truth is always
hiding in the eyes bluely
 
 
 
 
Mercury, and Shadow-Mercury also stood a ways from each other, in an old Western showdown style. Both waiting for the other to make a move.
 
Finally… Mercury whipped out her bow and fired an Ice-Arrow, but surprisingly, Shadow-Mercury did the exact same thing at the exact same time, and both the arrows canceled each other out.
 
“Duplicated my Ice-Arrows.” Mercury said.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm! Of course.” said Shadow-Mercury, “Weren't you listening to what we just said?
 
Where shall we go up to
our future roams around now
and we continue with our journey
the place of eternity, and endless dream
I want to chase after it without letting go of this hand
forever
 
 
 
Link and Shadow-Link back flipped away from each other. “We are exactly like the both of you.” Shadow-Link chuckled. “We know all your moves, and can do them exactly as you do.”
 
“You may know all that… but it doesn't matter!” snapped Link. “There's no way we're going let a pair of imposters beat us up.”
 
Shadow-Link's eyes narrowed at Link and their swords began to clash again. While Mercury and Shadow-Mercury engaged in a street-fight.
 
Their fists and feet flying at each other. Mercury couldn't seem to even get close. Then she accidentally aimed a punch where a she should have kicked and…
 
BAM!! Right in the cheek, and Mercury went down flat.
 
“Hee, hee, ah, ah, ah! Down already?” Shadow-Mercury mocked, I was hoping things would get interesting.”
 
She walked over to Mercury who lay still on the floor ready to giver her a finisher… when suddenly.
 
POW!! Mercury was just playing-dead, and she kicked her shadow hard in the shins, sending her a few feet back.
 
“GAAH!!”
 
Mercury then leapt back to her feet. “Then you should listen to my Master… “Something will always turn up.” she quoted.
 
Shadow-Mercury was infuriated and the fight recommenced.
 
In the ocean in the turquoise-colored heart
the signals of the ship of light can be heard
I need to go faster, for this impatient feeling
no words are needed
a lie is always
hiding in the words sweetly
 
 
 
Link thrust his sword right at Shadow-Link, but he managed to do a move that even Link himself had never before attempted.
 
He leapt up and stood on top of the blade, which gave him the good opportunity to…
 
KAPOW!! Give Link a d swift kick to the face and put him down.
 
“Heh, ha, ha, ah, ah! It seems you're not as great a warrior as you once bragged about.” Shadow-Link said. He then approached Link and held his dark-sword to his neck. “Take a deep breath… for it is going to be your last!”
 
He raised his sword, ready to embed it into Link's chest… when Link swiftly swung his shield around and tripped Shadow-Link off his feet. Then he got up, grabbed his Dark-side and charged him face-first into the wall.
 
“Wrong again Big Shot!” Link hissed at him.
 
Shadow-Link got up and their blades locked in a stand off struggle. “AAH! You won't win!” he growled.
 
“We shall see!” said Link, and their battle pursued.
 
Let the two of us become one
holding on to the coward waves
we continue with our journey
the space between our hug
an endless dream
cutting through the rainbow
heading for the promised light
 
Both Mercury's were really wrestling with each other, and Shadow Mercury got a break in. she picked Mercury up over her head, spun her round, and around, and tossed her done hard.
 
“Ha! You're weak and spineless… and you have less strength in you than brains.” She grunted. “It's no wonder Greg left you.”
 
Mercury felt as though a knife of fire just struck her in the heart, she turned around and angrily glared at her shadow-from trying to hide her tears. “That's a lie!” she shouted.
 
“Heh… Is it really?!”
 
Mercury snapped inside her and got back to her feet. “MERCURY ICE BUBBLES… FREEZE!!” and she went absolutely nuts firing her bubbles out from each hand like cannon balls.
 
Every single one of them smashed hard into Shadow-Mercury, shrouding her in a misty ice blow, and burring her in the mist.
 
When she finally stopped shooting, Shadow-Mercury just emerged from the mess and continued to pound the life out of Mercury.
 
And all through the rest of the fight both Links, and Mercurys, kept on going at each other with all they had.
 
Where shall we go up to
our future roams around now
and we continue with our journey
the place of eternity, and endless dream
I want to chase after it without letting go of this hand
Forever
 
After a pretty long while, and a hard struggling fight, Link and Mercury looked pretty bad, and all banged up.
 
Mercury's Armor had horrible dents and scratches, and even her VR-Visor was cracking a bit.
 
Link's tunic was ripped up a bit too, but the worst part was… their Shadows had suffered vast amounts of pain, and yet they still looked ready for more.
 
The Shadows shared the same thought for their next move.
 
They both held hands… ran towards Mercury and Link and…
 
HOOF!! Kicked them both hard in the chests sending them both skidding to the other end of the room.
 
“Ha, ha, ah, ah! Look at them way over there. They don't sand a chance now.” said Shadow-Link.
 
“Yeah! Let's finish them off now while their still down.” added Shadow-Mercury, and they both began to charge from the other end of the room.
 
 
Link and Mercury, both weak but not beaten struggled as the moved. “Are… are you alright Mercury?” Link asked.
 
“Barely,” Mercury said, “But had no idea I was this hard to beat.”
 
“Uh… I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but… You're not really that tough to me.” Replied Link. “Remember, I gave you those powers, and with or without them… with my full power I can beat you up in a--”
 
He stopped, and they both realized the key. “That's it.” He said. “If we can't beat ourselves…”
 
“Then maybe… we can beat each other.” added Mercury, and it was a good thing they still had enough power in them for a few good last shots.
 
They got up to their feet and stared their own respective Shadows charging before them., but they actually had no intention of attacking their own shadows this time.
 
“So long!” growled Shadow-Link.
 
This where we say… Goodbye! added Shadow Mercury.
 
Both of them readied their attacks, but just then Mercury and Link yelled out… “SWITCH!!” and they leapt over the two shadows and turn around to face the other's opposing shadow.
 
Now Link was facing Shadow-Mercury, and Mercury was facing Shadow-Link.
 
“MERCURY ICE BUBBLES… FREEZE!!” cried Mercury, and Shadow-Link's Shield was frozen solid.
 
“GAAH!!”
 
Mercury then charged at him.
 
Shadow-Link swung his sword, but missed her completely, and Mercury punched and kicked him hard Several times over… Shadow-Link didn't even have a chance to defend.
 
 
Shadow-Mercury motioned Link with her hand. “Bring it on tough guy.” She hissed, and Link began to charge right at her with his Sword at the ready.
 
Shadow-Mercury fired every attack she had at him, but Link either just evaded, or blocked the shots completely.
 
What?!”
 
She then tried to whack at him, but missed and ended up getting slashed about by Link's sword.
 
The tables had turned, and the Shadows were losing badly now.
 
You see… Shadow-Link only had a sword and shield, but he had no other methods of defence, or any of Link's other weapons. He was not like Link at full power at all.
 
And Shadow-Mercury was everything Mercury herself was, and because her powers originally came from Link, she didn't stand a chance against him.
 
SMASH!!
 
BOOM!!
 
KAPOW!!
 
Now the shadows were the ones who were all banged up and injured. The perfect time to finish them off.
 
“Ugh… No… It can't be!!” cried Shadow-Link.
 
“But we're perfect… we can't lose!!” added Shadow-Mercury.
 
“Maybe you should let this be a lesson to you.” said Mercury, “And that's… smarts will always triumph over strength any time.”
 
Link nodded. “Thanks to our brain efforts, we ripped a hole right through your tricks and defenses.” said Link. He then grabbed his Fierce Deity mask.
 
…Yet another thing the shadows couldn't stand up against.
 
“GO FIRECE DEITY!!” and he changed into his most powerful from, which recharged his energy back to fill, healed his injuries, and repaired his tunic.
 
“Did I also mention that my Sword can power-up as well?” Link said as his Double-Helix sword began to glow.
 
“You think your puny sword will finish us?!” shouted Shadow-Link.
 
“Try again Hero-Freak!!” added Shadow Mercury, and they both foolishly began to charge towards them again.
 
While Link concentrated on his attack, Mercury kicked and used her bubbles to freeze the two villains' feet to the floor.
 
Link winked at her in a thankful remark, and now he was ready.
 
“SACRED… FIRECE-DIETY… HELIX-SWORD… ATTACK!!”
 
The sword began to spark with lightning bolts, as Link slashed the sword in a X-Mark strike, causing the lighting to fly straight at the shadows… piercing them right through their little black hearts.
 
 
“YAAARRRGGGH!!”
 
“AAH-AAARRRGGGH!!”
 
Lighting bolts, and sparks began to fly out from the shadows bodies. Then they both exploded in one colossal big bang, and when the dust cleared… the Shadows were gone.
 
Link changed back to his regular hero form, and he and Mercury saw that their shadows had returned to them, and the illusions in the room had faded, so the room was now as normal as any room in the temple.
 
“We did it!” cried Link.
 
Mercury chuckled with a big smile on her face. “And look… the bars on the doors are gone.” she said.
 
She was right, now they could leave the room and continue to tackle the rest temple… well, after Link healed Mercury with a little help from Zelda's Lullaby.
 
Her Armor was back together, her injuries healed, and her Visor was repaired. “Uh… Oh, no!” she cried when she realized what time it was.
 
3:00 AM
 
They'd been battling the shadows for so long, they had completely lost track of the time. Now they had less than three hours to get through the rest of the temple. So wasting no more time, they set off through the door the at the other end of the room.
 
There, they found a larger chest, and the moment they opened it up… instead of finding an item in the chest, their Hookshots magically emerged from their hidden inventories, and passed through a glow of light.
 
“What's happened?” asked Mercury when she grabbed her new upgraded Hookshot.
 
“I think I know what happened.” Link said, and he told her that the Water-Temple had given their Hookshots and upgrade… changing them to Longshots.
 
Now they could extend twice as far than they could before, which would be essential in helping them progress through the rest of the Temple.
 
There were no other exits in the room, but there was a blue time block. So, Link played the Song of Time behind and made the block disappear revealing a small drop to another level.
 
“Down we go.” Link said as he dropped down the hole.
 
“Right behind you.” added Mercury as she followed him.
 
They landed in front of what seemed to be an underground rushing river with powerful whirlpools along the way.
 
“How are we supposed to swim across this?” Mercury asked.
 
“We don't.” Link said. “We can use the Iron boots, and walk safely along the bottom without getting pulled into the vortexes.”
 
Mercury couldn't think of another way suitable, so she and Link switched their footwear and jumped not the water. “Stay close… and do as I do.” Link said.
 
He slowly and carefully guided Mercury, sidestepping away from the vortexes. It was a long hard struggle, but at last they made it to the end of the river, and spotted a Hookshot plate in the ceiling over a ledge.
 
But suddenly… the ground under Mercury's feet crumpled, and she slipped off her feet and was slipping into a vortex.
 
“Master! Master!” she cried.
 
Link grabbed her hand quickly, and was almost being pulled in himself because of her weight, and the force of the vortex.
 
“Switch… off… your boots!” cried Link. “Switch them now!!”
 
Mercury did, and it slowed the pull down, but didn't stop it. They were both still being dragged into the vortex.
 
“Careful! Don't let me go!” cried Mercury.
 
They only had one chance. “Hang on tight!” Link said, and he fired his Hookshot at the plate in the ceiling and pulled them both safely up onto the ledge.
 
Mercury never felt so scared in her life. “That was terrifying.” she cried. “Absolutely terrifying.”
 
“I know what you mean.” Link said. “Come on… let's get out of here before something else goes wrong.”
 
The only way for them to exit the river room and head back to the main temple was through a gate to the left from where they stood, and the only way to open it was to hit the eye switch ahead of them.
 
Mercury scanned the eye-switch with her VR-Visor and determined it was a trigger. “It won't last more than five seconds.” she said. “We won't be able to get across… at least not by swimming.”
 
“I think I know another way.” Link said. He moved closer to Mercury and explained his plan to her.
 
“Not bad… it may just work.”
 
Link got his bow ready, and Mercury aimed her Hookshot so it would fire right at the small treasure chest just behind the gate.
 
“Here we go!” Link said, and he fired his bow at the switch which raised the gate. The beeping sound indicating the timer went off. Link quickly grabbed Mercury's free hand, “GO!!” and Mercury fired her Hookshot at the chest…
 
…It worked!
 
The hook actually latched onto the wooden part of the chest and pulled them both over just as the gate slammed backed own.
 
“Yeah… all right!” said Link. “We made it.”
 
“Yes… and here's a another key.” said Mercury, “And look there…” She pointed towards the end of the tunnel which lead back to that room with the swirling water.
 
“All right then… back to the Main Chamber?” Link said. “Let's go.”
 
 
Once back in the Main Chamber, Mercury determined where the final small key was, and they would have to get it first before proceeding any further.
 
They stood in the water with their Iron-Boots on the middle section of the tower in the center of the room, and Mercury showed Link they had to go through a tunnel with an eye switch that would raise another gate.
 
“First we need to get the water back to the middle level.” Mercury said. The only problem was, even if they could enter the tower to the plaque that would do that… which they could not.
 
…Link's Ocarina wouldn't work underwater.
 
“We're going to have to go back to the first plaque… lower the water to it's lowest… Then come back here and get the water to it's middle point.” replied Mercury.
 
“Right then… I'll be right back.” Link said, and he dove to the ground level and disappeared down the tunnel with the two torches.
 
Mercury waited a few moments, and then the water had lowered down. Link then returned, and entered the tower himself.
 
The water then rose up to the middle point, and Link came back out through the door in the side. “Well… that was refreshing.” He said.
 
Mercury giggled. “Awe, Master.”
 
Mercury had determined that the eye switch was another fast Trigger, but the plan to get across was the same like before at the river.
 
Link fired his bow at the switch, grabbed Mercury's hand… and Mercury fired her Hookshot at a target on the wall and they made it over in time.
 
“Why do we always get such simple tasks?” Mercury asked in disappointment that things were going easy again.
 
They followed the tunnel and they came across a huge stone block. “According to my calculations, the chest with the key is on the other side of this block.” Mercury said.
 
She worked out what path the block had to go on. It would first have to be pulled outward, and than pushed into the empty alcove right by them.
 
But if they did that, then how would they be able to pull it all the way out, and then get back around it to push it back into the empty alcove?
 
Link had an idea.
 
“Mercury…” he said. “You get over on this side.”
 
“Master?”
 
Link told her that they didn't both have to work the block at the same time.
 
Link would pull the block out and then Mercury could push it from her side of the tunnel. “That could work.” Mercury said as she got into position.
 
Link grabbed the strongest grips of the rock he could find, and tugged and pulled with all his might. “AGH… UGH… OOH, this is… heavy!!”
 
He got the block where it needed to get to.
 
“Okay Mercury… Now!!” He called.
 
Mercury pushed and pushed with all her might… it was more difficult for her than it was for Link. It felt like she was trying to push a Elephant with a Hippo sitting on it.
 
But she did managed to make a gap in the corner big enough for Link to squeeze through and help her the rest of the way.
 
The block went into he alcove, and they got the key from a small space where it once was. Now all they had to do was get out of the tunnels, and the only way out was up through a shaft by Hookshot.
 
They made it and found themselves up on the third floor of the Main Chamber again. “Right. Where to from here, Mercury?”
 
Mercury calculated the signals from the boss key, it was faint, but the course was plotted. “We have to go down to the bottom floor and turn to the room on the right.
 
“Just a minute then.” Link said. “Just in case we have to make another one of those long trips…”
 
“I call the power of Farore's-Wind… Create a Warp-Point!” His body was then shrouded in a tube of green light as a glowing green ball of light appeared.
 
“There… now we won't have to march all the way there and back.” He replied.
 
After that…he and Mercury switched their footwear and dove back into the water.
 
They came to the chamber Mercury had detected, and used their Hookshot to reach the other side of the long stretch and over the spikes to a locked door.
 
Inside the next room…
 
“Oh great!” Link moaned. “More rapids and vortexes.”
 
“Well, at least the floor is level.” Mercury said.
 
They dove in and safely made it to the other side.
 
In the next room, Mercury nearly jumped off the high ledge they were standing on, but Link stopped her when he pointed to the small Stingrays in the water.
“Let's take them out first.” He suggested.
 
He and Mercury used the Hookshots to clobber all the creatures, then they dropped own below to the lower area of the room.
 
The door they needed to head through was far to high to reach, but they already noted what needed to be done.
 
There was a blue switch in the water, but how they were going to weigh it down to keep it activated was a wild guess.
 
Mercury then looked up at the two walls in the corners. “Master… those walls are off-color.” she said.
 
Link climbed up to the wall on the far left and noticed she was right. Mercury then scanned the two walls and they turned out to be false walls.
 
Link bombed the two walls revealing a round-about passage where another stone block was. “Well… let's get going.” He said.
 
Link pushed the block as far into the wall as it would go. Then Mercury on the other side of the room, pulled it out enough for Link to push it the rest of the way.
 
The block fell into the water and weighed down on the switch which raised the water high enough for them to make it to the next area.
 
There was a small waterfall, and a shallow river before them with rolling stones passing by.
 
“There!” Mercury said as she pointed to a hole under the waterfall. “The Boss Key's room is down through that passage.
 
“Right! Wait for it.” Link said.
 
They waited until the next boulder rolled by them, “NOW… GO, GO!!” and they quickly jumped into the water and dropped down the passage safely.
 
Then, they resurface in front of the final locked door, and inside was the Blue-Gold Oriented chest.
 
Link opened it, and there was the Boos Key.
 
Mercury was giddy as a school-girl. “Ah, ha, ha, ha… Yes, There it is!” she cried with joy.
 
Link took the key. “Yeah! We made it.” He said warmly.
 
They exchanged high-fives, but then they realized they lost track of the time again. Mercury checked her Visor-clock.
 
“Ah! It's 5:00 in the morning.” She cried. “We have only one hour left to face the boss.”
 
“You're right.” Link said. “Everyone at the resort will be waking up soon. They'll be wondering where we are.”
 
With no more arguing it, they set off.
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
 
HERO AND SAILORS SAY
 
Link: “Amy and I really showed our shadows a thing or two. Now they're back where they belong. Nobody should really think of their Shadow as nothing you know.”
 
Amy: “Yes... some people can actually treat their shadow like a best friend if they have no one to turn to, or they're just feeling lonely.”
 
Rei: “It may seem silly to think your shadow is like a friend to you to some people, but that's when they begin to realize how fun your shadow can really be.”
 
Lita: “Yeah… Your Shadow goes everywhere you go. Does what you do. It even likes everything that you yourself like.”
 
Serena: “All shadows are part of the world, and sometimes they even look a bit scary, but Shadows can't really hurt you”
 
Mina: “Just remember… Shadows aren't as dull as they seem to be. They're some of the weird and mysterious things that makes our world go round.”
 
(Song, performed and Sung by Link and Amy)
 
(Link and Amy sit on lonely benches in the parks as the soft piano music starts)
 
(Link)
 
Shades of night are falling and I'm lonely,
Stand
ing on the corner feeling blue;
 
(Amy)
 
Sweethearts out for fun, pass me one by one,
Guess I'll wind
up like I always do, with only
 
(Both get up and stare at their Shadows.)
 
(The music builds up)
(Amy)
 
Me and my shadow
Strolling down the avenue;
 
(Link)
 
Me and my shadow
Not another
soul to tell our troubles to.
 
And when it's twelve o'clock, we climb the stair
(Amy)
 
We never knock, for nobody's there
(Both)
 
Just me and my shadow,
All alone and feeling blue.
 
(Sad Piano solo again)
 
(Link)
 
When the sun sets on the far horizon
And the
parlor lamps begin to glow
 
(Amy)
 
Jim and Jack and John, put their slippers on,
They're all set but we
're still on the go, so lonely
 
(Music Builds up again)

(Amy)
 
Me and my shadow
Strolling down the avenue;
 
(Link)
 
Me and my shadow
Not another
soul to tell our troubles to.
 
And when it's twelve o'clock, we climb the stair
(Amy)
 
We never knock, for nobody's there
(Both)
 
Just me and my shadow,
All alone and feeling blue.
 
Author's notes
 
Hi everyone… Mykan again.
 
It's time to Face Morpha, and I think you all better brace yourselves… because in that chapter Link will learn something that will really make you all shout “EEE… I knew it”
 
I could tell you what it is… but I think you already know.
 
Hee… hee… hee!