Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Search for the Light ❯ The Past Explained ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I am ssssoooooooooooooo sorry. I meant to get this chapter out a month ago. I really did. Unfortunately, I didn't. I'm really sorry. I tried to get it out before I left, but I couldn't because I had to edit, etc. Well, here it is. The other chapters aren't going to get it out to fast, since school is fast approaching, but I'll try my best. Enjoy!


Super Sailor Moon picked up the girl, who had fainted, and ran out into the open area. She looked around, and then placed the girl down on a bench. She moved away into another bunch of trees and detransformed. "So Luna. Start explaining!"
"I think we should wait until we're all together until I say anything."
"Luna!!"

~~*~~

The next afternoon the scouts and Darien were gathered in the courtyard of Rei's temple. Serena and Luna were the only ones not there. Everyone else was laughing and joking as they waited for the pair to show up and tell them why they had been called together.
"I hope this is important," Mina said.
"It should be. This meeting was called on such short notice," Lita suggested.
"Don't worry. It is." Hotaru said.
"Where is that Muffin Headed girl?" Haruka said.
"Don't call her that. She's not a muffin head anymore." Rei said quietly. The courtyard became very quiet.
"I'm obviously not involved this, so, if you'll excuse me..." Darien said as he walked quietly from the group.
"Rei, you've certainly changed. Just yesterday you called her childish." Michiru noted.
"I know. I've simply realized my mistake. She's really trying hard." Rei replied. The courtyard quieted once again as everyone considered this.
"Hey everyone!!" Serena said as she ran up, Luna at her heels.
"What took you so long?" Setsuna asked. Serena stopped in front of them, panting.
"I made a stop at the library, to see if I could find anything, but no luck yet."
"It's all right. Now why did you call us here?" Ami questioned.
"Yesterday, while I was sitting on the pier, a girl was attacked."
"Attacked?" Rini inquired.
"Yes, attacked, by a man who was flawless."
"What, and I'm not?" Darien said as he stole Serena up in his arms. She screamed in surprise as he swung her around. As he set her down, she turned around and faced him
"Well?" he asked.
"You are more than flawless," she said before he swooped her down in a romantic kiss.
Luna looked at this with patient eyes, then turned to the others. "Anyway, as Serena was saying, a girl was attacked by a man who called himself 'A Warrior,' He had the ability to use dark magic, although he wasn't very good. The girl he was attacking was obviously an innocent bystander. She was very frightened, and had no idea who the man was." She paused thoughtfully. "He said something interesting though. He said 'Now, my Goddess, give me that wonderful pendant you're wearing. You're contribution will be well appreciated'"
"That's odd. We were just discussing Goddesses yesterday." Lita remarked.
"Do you think they could be connected?" Michiru suggested.
"That's what I was thinking," Serena said. "My dream and this attack could be linked. The man wanted a pendant, and in my dream, Selene was wearing one. The girl's pendant was of a moon, and that was what it looked like in this dream of mine."
"I think we might have a new Enemy on our hands." Darien remarked.
"I agree, and...well, I think we know who it is," Artemis said.
"You do?" Mina asked.
"Yes. You see, long ago, back on the Moon Kingdom, the Gods and Goddesses were real. They were in the forms of humans, usually passed on through bloodlines." Luna said. "When a God or Goddess had a child, they commonly passed the power and immortality, not to mention the responsibility, to the child. Sometimes, the Gods and Goddesses kept their gift, and lived for millennia. But sometimes, especially if the God or Goddess was tired and wished to die, they released the gift and let it go to someone else. When the gift made it to another person fit for it, it chose the next God. They were always the same gender, and were always in a newborn infant. However, the gift of Selene was in the Royal Moon family since the beginning of the immortals. The gift got passed down through the years, until" here Luna looked at Serena, "your grandmother gave the gift to your mother."
The gifts of being a Goddess come with maturity. The God or Goddess becomes full into power during the teen years. Around the age of 18, immortality comes into affect. Before then, they are vulnerable to death. Serenity's mother had a vision that her daughter would do something very important, so she protected her dearly. However, when Serenity was 6, she had a near death experience. She was nearly crushed by a falling pillar. Again, when she was 12, she was taken hostage by an escaped villain from outside the galaxy."
Serenity took the throne when she was 250. When she was pregnant with you, she had a vision of the powers of Selene needed in order to stop a great evil. Although she knew she could give the power to you, she remembered that you were vulnerable to the powers of death. So, she created a woman out of the moon, one perfect for the gift, to give the gift to when you became Queen. She realized that the two great powers, the gift and the crown, shouldn't be joined together, so she split them up. When you were still young, a terrible thing happened."
A man, bearing the mark of the Dark Moon, came to the Palace. He requested a presence with the Queen. While in the Great Hall, your mother always had you with her, so when he came, you were by her side. He bowed before your mother, then stood up. Before anyone could realize anything, you were in his arms. The guards tried to stop him, but he pulled out a knife and held it to your throat. He held his hand to your forehead, spreading dark power into your heart with it. He turned and said 'Now the Power of the Light will belong to Hekate forever!' Everyone was paralyzed with fear for your life.
'Stop!' your mother shouted. 'She is not Selene!' Everyone, including the man, was astonished. The man set you down, and then ran out of the Hall, shouting 'The Light will be found, and Hekate will rule the Moon in her dark glory!' He killed many as he fled with his black magic."
So now you know. You can fill in the rest with your dream. Beryl invaded, the moon was destroyed, and Queen Serenity passed the gift on to the girl before she died. We can only assume that this new Enemy is searching for Selene to harness her power for evil. I guess the only thing we can do is find her before they do, and help her use her power for good."
"Who is Hekate? Is she a Goddess?" Haruka asked
"Yes," Serena whispered, "I found out about her. She's Goddess...of the Dark Moon."
"Sounds evil" Rini remarked
"She wasn't originally. And it wasn't her choice of what she was Goddess of. But, well…those that live in the Dark can't help but be consumed by it."
"So why does she want Selene in particular? Couldn't she use any other God for the same purpose?" Rei questioned.
"I guess she wants to rule all of the Moon." Ami responded.
"Perhaps that man in the park was an Agent of Hekate." Hotaru said.
"Luna, what did the man in the Great Hall look like?" Setsuna asked.
"He was devastatingly handsome," Luna described.
"Well, I guess that means they were both working for Hekate." Michiru said.
"So what do we do?" Darien asked.
"We have to find Selene" Serena answered.

~~*~~

Well, the search for Selene is on. Who will find her first: the Agents of Hekate, or our hero Sailor Moon? Keep reading for the answer!