Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Search for the Light ❯ The Hope of Change ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hi you guys! Hope you liked the last chapter. This is the second one. Since it is summer, I hope to get at least two chapters out this week, but no promises. I'm going to be gone for three weeks after this, so don't think I abandoned you. I just probably won't have access to the Internet. After that I have about three weeks until school starts, and one of those weeks I have to go somewhere again. So that leaves me very little time. If you think this story isn't getting up fast enough, I'm sorry, but I can't do anything about it. I'll try and write fast, ok?


"...And then Saturn's Glaive drops, and I wake up, usually in the middle of the night." Serena told everyone. They were in the park, in front of the lake. Everyone was there. Ami was recording notes in her computer, Mina was leaning over the back of the park bench Serena was sitting on, and Lita and Rei were tossing a baseball back and forth. Haruka, Michiru, and Setsuna were sitting around Serena on the bench. Hotaru and Rini were sitting against a tree parallel to the bench, listening intently. Diana was on Rini's head, Artemis was on Mina's shoulder, and Luna was in Serena's lap. As Serena finished her story, everyone was silent.
"I'm sorry," Hotaru shifted uncomfortably.
"How horrible," Mina murmured.
"Serena, how long has this been going on?" Setsuna asked.
"Almost a month now," She answered.
"A month? Serena, why didn't you tell us sooner? I mean, what is this is really important? God, you can be so childish!" Rei yelled.
"Serena, I'm disappointed. Rei is right. Sometimes your foolishness surprises even me!" Artemis shook his head and sighed.
"Well, with all those muffins in there, how could she remember?!" Haruka exclaimed with a laugh.
"I...I'm sorry, I'll try harder," Serena whispered as she dropped her head.
"I can't believe all of you! Serena finally shows some initiative and tries to do something on her own for once, and you all yell at her for it! And on such a subject as this!" Luna yelled "Serena is not a child anymore, and she is obviously isn't acting like it. I haven't seen her throw a tantrum in over three months, which is more than I can say for you, Rei. Haruka, Serena doesn't have muffins in her head, and if she did, I'm more than certain she wouldn't like to be reminded of it so much. And Artemis," Luna's voice dropped to a quiet calm one, "Serena is no fool. There is no reason to be disappointed in her. You cannot figure out this dream anymore than she can. She saved you much worry by not telling us, saved us from many hours lost sleep. That would have gotten us nowhere fast. I, for one, am proud of the way she tried to figure this out. Serena, what do you think about this dream?"
Serena was amazed. "I, um, well..." She started over "I think that this girl is, well, Selene, Goddess of the Moon." She dove into her backpack and searched for something as she talked. "I went to the library when I had some time and found some interesting information. Now where is it? Aha! Okay, let's see. Right here," she pointed to a highlighted line, "it refers to an ancient story. This was before even the time of the Romans, so I can only assume it is from the Grecian times. It says 'The dark filled the night without relent, terrifying the people. Selene saw the horrors and took a piece of the Light from her heart to create hope for the people.' Then it goes on a bit, and then it picks up again at 'the moon would wane, and the people would fear, but it would then wax, giving them light again. Before long, the people learned that even when the moon waned, it would come back, and the hope gave them great strength to face the darkness.' So basically, this fits all three parts of the description my mother gave the girl: Selene, the Light would fit 'the Light from her heart', and the moon is about hope, and she was called 'the Purveyor of Hope'. So it all fits." She raised her head from her notes, and saw everyone staring. "What?"
"We're sorry, but, right then, you sounded and awful lot like Ami." Lita said.
"It's really good of you to start studying, Serena" Ami chimed.
"Yeah. We're kind of afraid of having two bookworms on our hands," Michiru said.
"That really was kind of scary," Rini stated. A chorus of agreements came from the rest of the Senshi. The comments flowed around Serena, tangling her in their thoughts, until she finally exploded in front of everyone.
"So, Ami can be intelligent, but I can't? What are you telling me, that change is impossible? Jesus, I can't be myself? If I'm ditzy I get yelled at, if I try to change and be smarter in my ways and actions, I get told that I shouldn't be that way! So what if I choose to be a little more enlightened? What the hell does that mean to you? I am so sick of this shit!!" She stood up and grabbed her bag, stuffing the notes into it. "I can't stand all of this crap you're telling me! I'm getting out of here. Luna, if you're coming, comes on." She walked away down the path; taking such large and angry steps Luna had a hard time catching up.
"Serena, come back!" Lita yelled
"We didn't mean it!" Michiru joined Lita
"We're all really sorry" Rini hollered
"You might as well stop. She's not coming back until she's ready. We've really offended her this time. I don't know about you, but I've got to get back to the temple. Chad's good at sweeping and stuff, but if I'm not careful he'll spend all his time talking to the girls that come to buy good luck charms." Rei said as she stood up.
"Maybe I'll make her some cookies when I get home," Lita said quietly.
"I'll ask Kenji Papa if me and Serena can go to a movie," Rini said.
"I just hope she'll be all right..." Mina murmured.

~~*~~

"I can't believe them. I want to change, I'm actually did change, and they insult me because of it. First they make fun of me for being a fool, then because I'm trying not to be a fool. I just don't get it."
"Don't worry, dear. They'll come around eventually" Serena and Luna were sitting on the dock. Serena was dangling her feet in the water, feeling horrible. Luna was sitting next to her.
"Luna...why did you stick up for me? I mean, usually you would have lead the onslaught of insults. Why?
"Because I live with you, I can see more clearly than anyone how you've tried to change for the better. I knew you must have had a legitimate reason for not telling us about this dream. Why didn't you?"
"Because I didn't want everyone to worry," She sighed. "Because I wanted to figure something out by myself for once."
"And you did, didn't you?"
"Not really."
"But you did! You found very useful information, and practically proved that this girl is Selene. That is using your head."
"But I don't know what it means. I want to know why I have to suffer through this dream every night." She turned her face to Luna, and Luna could see the trail of a tear sliding down her cheek. "It's hard, Luna. It's hard seeing my mother die every night. I mean, God, why me? I hate seeing that witch Beryl win again and again and again! I hate seeing Darien in a pool of blood. I hate seeing my home being destroyed. I just want it to end!"
"It will. Now why don't you tell me about the girl again?" Luna said consolingly.
"Well, she was standing there in a silver dress, with this glowing pendant. My mother told her to go to wait until it was her time to go to the stars. No, wait. There was something before that. Now what was it?"
"Just think, and it will come. You'll find it."
"That's it! She told Selene 'Go to Earth and wait for my daughter to find you'. That's me! I've got to find Selene!"
"Good job, Serena. So, our mission is to find the Goddess Selene. How hard can that be?"
"I don't know. If she looked like she did in my dream, it should be easy."
"Yes, but remember. When you came to Earth, did you look like you did as Princess Serenity?"
"No. So, she won't be wearing the silver dress, and her hair might not be that long or silver. She still might have that pendant though." Serena said thoughtfully.
"That pendant reminds me of something. There is a story I think you should know, Serena. Back when your mother was still young, she…"
"AAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"
"What was that?" Serena asked. She turned around. Through the trees she could see a young girl and what looked like a handsome young man. The girl was screaming.
"You've got to help, Serena!" Luna exclaimed.
"I'm on it! MOON CRISIS MAKE UP!!" Super Sailor Moon soon stood there. "Come on Luna, let's go!"

~~*~~

Super Sailor Moon and Luna perched in a tree above the girl. She had been running away from the man, and had now stopped for a moment to rest. Luna had wanted to jump down and make sure the girl was all right, but Sailor Moon stopped her, so that if the man did come, they would have the element of surprise.
The girl was exhausted. She stood, panting, against the tree. Sailor Moon quietly shifted in the tree, waiting for an attack. She took a close look at the girl. She was short, and had blond hair. That made sense. Silver hair and Blond hair could easily change. She couldn't tell the girl's height, but…she had a pendant. Whether or not it was the right one
"Boo" the man said from behind the tree the girl was leaning on. Before she could scream he clasped his hand over her mouth. "Now, my pretty little Goddess, give me that wonderful pendant you're wearing." At this the girl resisted.
"Goddess? I'm no Goddess. And this is just a necklace I got at Limited Too."
"I'm not that foolish, Goddess. Your lies will not trick me. Don't worry; your contribution will be well appreciated. Now come on."
"Let go of her, you scum!" Super Sailor Moon jumped down from the tree on top of the man. She back flipped off of him and into a fighting stance. He came at her quickly, but she was ready. Soon, a full out fight was going on.
"Who... are... you?" Sailor Moon gasped as she kicked the man.
"A Warrior." He replied just before he collapsed on the ground. Sailor Moon backed up, but the man raised his hand and blasted a black bolt at her. She dodged it, but just barely. Super Sailor Moon pulled out her Moon Kaleido Scope.
"MOON RAINBOW HEART ATTACK!!!" The white light of the Moon Kaleido Scope went straight through the man's chest and disintegrated him.
"Luna, start explaining!" She said as she ran to check on the girl. "I hope that all of this will eventually make sense!"


So, what did you think? More to come! See yah!