Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Time Has Come ❯ Chapter 8

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"The Time has Come"
Part 8

Usagi ran to the cafe as fast as she could. The older college students liked to hang out there late and it was always busier. She ignored the cat calls thrown at her and worked he way over to Sean, who was behind the bar as usual.

"Where's Mamoru?" she asked some what out of breath.
"Why?"
"I need too kill him."
"Oh is that all. He's up talking with Kem."
"Thanks." she went up to him and pulled him away from Kemmy. "We need to talk."

They went to the back room.
"How dare you do that to me Mamoru-Baka!!!!"
"I'm sorry Usagi-Chan I didn't know it was you at first."
"Well why didn't you leave after you found out?!?!?"
He looked away, " Be cause I was too chicken to tell you something and I was curious as to what you felt."
"Mamoru-San?"
"Usagi-Chan I don't really know how to say this, but I love you," he finally said. "I have for a long time. Believe it or not I have since I first met you."
Usagi was speechless, she couldn't believe her dreams had come true. Mamoru turned away dejectedly, and started to leave. Usagi ran in front of him and blocked his way.
"Look at me Mamoru." he did but slowly. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
"I was afraid and also confused by dreams."
"Dreams?"
"Yes, I had a reoccurring dream of a princess, who called to me to help her." He explained. "Then there was another girl I always ended up helping, yet both reminded me of you. And I know why now."
"Why?"
He moved closer to her and whispered, "Because they were you, Serenity." He kissed her cheek before moving to her lips. Shortly after Serena pulled away and looked at him.
"I love you too Mamo-Chan." She smiled. Mamoru grinned and went to kiss her again, but she put her hand on hid lips to sop him.
"Who are you Mamoru Chiba?" She asked.
"You're one true love my princess. Prince Endymoin of Earth, Tuxedo Keman, and Mamoru Chiba."
"You left out Darien Shields." she giggled and tossed her arms around his neck before kissing him passionately.

When they finally broke apart, both breathing heavily, Mamoru's smile faded.
"Usako."
"Yes love."
"I have some bad news."
"What!?!?!?"
"Before you came here I put in a transfer to go back to Tokyo. It came last night. I have to go back."
"No! Not now! Just when I find you I lose you again! It's not fair!"
"I'm sorry. I originally did it hoping to come back and find you, but you found me first." he ran a hand through her golden locks of hair. "I love you so much Usako I will wait for you to return home. I promise."

A few weeks later Mamoru's farewell party was under way at the cafe. Usagi had taken the stage and smiled at him.
"Mamo-Chan I know you'll always be with me even if you're not physically here. You've saved me a countless number of times and I love you for it." She said and the music started.

I CLOSE MY EYES
AND I CAN SEE
THE DAY WE MET
JUST ONE MOMENT AND I KNEW
YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
DO ANYTHING
FOR YOU

WE'VE GO SO FAR
AND DONE SO MUCH
AND I FEEL
LIKE WE'VE ALWAYS BEEN TOGETHER
RIGHT BY SIDE
THROUGH THINK AND THIN
YOU'RE THE PART OF MY LIFE
I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER

THE TIME HAS COME
IT'S FOR THE BEST I KNOW IT
WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED THAT YOU AND I
SOMEHOW SOMEDAY
WE'D HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE

YOU'VE HELP ME FIND
THE STRENGTH INSIDE
AND THE COURAGE
TO MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE
HOW WILL I FIND
ANOTHER FRIEND
LIKE YOU

TWO OF KIND
THAT'S WHAT WE ARE
AND SEEMS
LIKE WE WERE ALWAYS WINNING
BUT AS OUR TEAM
IS TORN APART
I WISH WE COULD GO
BACK TO THE BEGINNING

THE TIME HAS COME
IT'S FOR THE BEST I KNOW IT
WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED THAT YOU AND I...
SOMEHOW SOMEWAY
WE'D HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE

SOMEHOW TODAY...
... WE HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE

She ran to him as soon as the song ended and was welcome by his embrace. Warm tears spilled from her eyes as she knew what was to come the next morning. She would be alone again until she too, returned to Tokyo.

THE END