Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Or Dare? ❯ The Dare ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N : Haha! I'm back to writing! Well not really. Just revising a bit. I Am Who I Am (my other fic) is the only one that has been updated so far. But I'm back to writing, and that's what matters right?

The revised version of Truth Or Dare! I reread the first version, and I was like, oh my god! This piece of work is so crappy! How could I even have the guts to post it on FF.net? As you can tell, I was very unhappy with my work (all right, I cringed when I read it!), and I decided to revise the entire thing. The characters weren't well established. Serena was hurt deeply by Evan, and she just agrees to go out with Darien just like that? It's ridiculous!

This version is much better! At least, I hope it is. The plot is bit more stronger, and the characters will not suddenly change their personality. And her friends show up here, unlike in the first version *shudders* I hope you find this revision to be satisfactory and better than the old one. Read on, and decide.

Sailor Moon belongs to the talented Naoko Takeuchi. That woman makes me so jealous of her talent!

Chapter One: The Dare

Serena Tsukino pushed through the packed hallway, trying to get to her locker. It was a normal Tuesday, or it seemed like one, but little did this teenager know that there was something special in store for her.

She sighed impatiently as the people pushed and shoved each other. When a fifth person pushed her into the line of lockers, she lost her well-controlled temper and pushed that person right back, ignoring the person's cry of surprise.

'Either this school is too small, or the people just like going through this everyday,' She thought as she gripped her books tighter. She remembered how last time the lens of her thick glasses had broken when someone's elbow jabbed her in the eye.

She did not need to nor want to go through that experience again.

The hidden beauty of her eyes had been revealed. After she had managed to find the ugliest pair of glasses, most people didn't bother looking at her twice. They took one hasty look at her, and immediately assumed she was one of those nerds. And she suppose she did look like one, what with her granny-like clothes, her greasy hair in a messy bun, the brown glasses, and the many books she carried in her arms.

But she was not a nerd at all. Not even close. She was Serena Tsukino, the girl with the beauty that rivaled the goddess Aphrodite. Her long silver-blonde hair had been well cared for, and was greatly envied by every girl that saw her. It was usually put up in an unusual hairstyle, and on some days, she would let her hair just tumble down her back.

And her eyes! They were a cerulean blue, and through them, you could see deep into her soul. They often sparkled with mischief, and shone with kindness. Once people looked into her eyes, they would find that they could not look away.

But most of all was her heart. Her heart was pure gold, always helping those in need, thinking little of her own wants and needs. If she saw any beggar, she would not have the heart to look in the other direction and pass the beggar right by. Instead she would stop and rummage in her purse or pocket for some change or a few dollar bills. She was kind and generous, no doubt.

But her looks had been neglected. She cared not for beauty, for her heart hurt too much. And her beauty was what had caused the pain in her heart in the first place. Her stupid beauty, the beauty she was cursed to have. Perhaps if she had the average looks of a person, this would not have happened.

'But it had, and there's no point of thinking what if it didn't,' She thought. 'I was so stupid and blind to not have seen through that idiot in the first place.'

She remembered her past with another too clearly. She wanted the memories to fade, but they would not. She must carry this pain for her entire life, it seemed.

::Flashbacks::

"I love you Sere," he murmured into her ear. His strong arms were wrapped around her waist and she felt to comfortable in his arms.

"I know," She whispered. "I know you do. And I love you too, Evan."

The handsome guy smiled. His hair was a dark brown, and his green eyes were gorgeous.

*-*

Serena was aware of eyes watching her and Evan dance to the slow song. Her arms were on Evan's neck, and her head was against his lean chest. Her eyes were closed, and she moved to the slow beat. In a way, she was proud that she was the one who had gotten Evan. Even though she thought that, she wasn't the type of girl who showed off their boyfriends. She truly loved him, and she had placed all her trust in him. She was his, and he was hers.

The pair dancing seemed so perfect to everyone watching. Girls and boys alike watched jealously. Each desired to hold one of them in their arms. But Evan and Serena belonged together. Or so it seemed.

::End Of Flashbacks::

"I loved him so much," She whsipered softly, as a wave of pain overtook her. She felt like crying, but she was in public and she couldn't do that. "I trusted him so much. And he broke it. He broke it…."

"Move it!" Someone shouted, and Serena snapped out of her reminiscence. She quickly stepped to the side, and was relieved to see that the hallway wasn't quite so packed like it had been before. She walked past several more lockers, and finally came to hers. She spun the dial, and opened her locker. Unlike other girls, her locker was empty except for a few books. No mirror, no pictures. She put the books she was holding and took out the books already in her locker. She slammed the locker door shut. For some weird reason, she loved the sound of a locker slamming, and it always felt good to slam the locker. (A/N : Hey what do you know, I love doing that too! ^.^)

'Stop thinking about Evan,' Serena scolded herself. 'Thinking about hm will do you no good, it'll only bring you pain. Think about the good things.'

But there were no good things. The only people she had were her parents and friends. And that was it. Nothing else.

She glanced at her watch. The band was pink, and the clock had the picture of a snow white bunny lying on a crescent moon with little yellow stars around. She smiled. The watch was quite cute, and it had been a birthday present from her little brother, Shingo. He wasn't really that bad at times. The smile quickly faded when she realized she was going to be late for her history class.

"Looks like I have to run," She muttered.

*

"Before you go," David Rotterham called, "you're invited to tonight's party."

At those words, the four guys stopped and turned back around.

"Party? What party?" Darien Shields asked curiously.

"Oh you know," David explained impatiently, "one of those idiotic parties with the girls."

Darien nodded slowly in understanding. If the party had to do with girls, then the party would be stupid and childish. (A/N : No offence girls! I'm a girl myself, so why would I put myself down? By 'girls', I mean the kind of flirtacious, bubbleheaded girls out there who have nothing better to do but chew their gum, flirt and gossip. Oh and add being stupid to that. If you do those things, I'm not talking about you. I mean the ones who do only that. And besides, I'm just using them for the story. Not like I'm insulting you purposely.)

He groaned inwardly. Good gods, he hated those parties! He couldn't stand the way girls would start giggling hysterically when they caught sight of him and they way they just threw themselves at him. It was disgusting. He couldn't help but wonder how Andrew and his other friends put up with that.

'But that's what you get for being rich, good-looking, and popular,' He thought grimly. Not that he minded, but it did get tiring after attention was showered on him countless times. What he wouldn't do to get away from the airheads.

He nodded again, and turned away. Another night playing idiotic games with girls. He was not looking forward to it. Not at all.

*

"oh!" One of the girls cried, her arm slung around Andrew's neck. "I know what we can do!"

"Oooh, what?" Her companions asked excitely.

'Let's play Truth Or Dare!"

Darien slapped a hand to his forehead. 'Not that one! Anything but that!' He hated that game. He did not want to be dared to do something, nor did he want to reveal a secret. And by the looks of Chad, Greg, Andrew and Ken, they didn't either.

"Of course ladies," David said smoothly. "Who will start?" He looked around the circle. "Chad, truth or dare?"

"What?" Chad asked, caught off-guard. "Oh, uh….truth."

David smirked. He did not let his victims did get off easily. And he had noticed Chad staring at a blue-haired girl…..

"So do you have feelings Amy Anderson?"

This question also caught Chad by complete surprise. He began stammering, turning red in the face.

"Just answer the question!"

"Y-yes," Chad admitted.

David snorted. "Don't know how you can like a geek like her, Chad."

At this, Chad's face turned an even deeper shade of red. "She's not a geek!" He defended. The rest of the group were snickering, and the game went on.

Finally Darien's came. But unfortunately for him, it was David asking him the dreaded question.

'How can I be so unlucky?' Darien groaned. If he chose truth, he would be considered a chicken. If he chose dare….he gulped. He didn't even want to think about what would happen if he chose dare. The others had been dared to do absurd things, but if David dared him…then oh lords. He was going to be in trouble. David would choose something utterly embarrassing. But being considered a chicken would be even more embarrassing right? Sure, Chad chose truth, but it was different for him.

Darien swallowed and answered, "Dare."

David grinned. "I dare you to ask out Serena Tsukino for a month, and, you have to ask her out at least four times."

Darien stared. Did he just hear those words? Had he been dared to go out with Serena Tsukino, the ugly nerd?

"S-sure."

"You'll ask her tomorrow morning."

Darien nodded. Tomorrow morning…was there anything he could do to avoid that?

A/N : Finished! This chapter was broing right? But I had to introduce everything! And I think everything was a lot better than the first version. At least in here, nothing sounds like someone seven wrote them! Heh….just had to say that!

Please review and tell me what you think. All flames are accepted, they will be as wanted as comments. Just make sure it is constructive criticism! If you find this to be a horrible piece of work, at least tell me why and give me suggestions to make it better! That way, I won't repeat the same mistakes in the next chapter!

Review minna! Ja ne!