Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Tuesday ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Tuesday

By Kaede Nakamura

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon.

It was a Tuesday when my mother died. She was beloved by everyone and not one tear was dry when she passed on, save for Sailor Pluto, who never cried in public.

I haven't been the best daughter to her, especially her past self, but through it all, she loved me, and I love her, and that's all that matters.

It was a Tuesday. Mama summoned me. Although infinitely older that I, she still had a youthful appearance. My husband Helios was by her side, reciting a prayer for her safe passage to the next life.

I still couldn't believe it. My mother was my pillar, my beacon, always there. And soon, she'll be gone. I didn't want to believe it, but believe it I must.

I knelt down beside Mama and she touched my face. "My precious child," she began "you've grown into a beautiful princess and you'll be a beautiful and wise queen." (That was true; Mama trained me well.) She wiped the tears beginning to trickle down my face. "I love you," was her last words to me.

"Me too, Mama."

Her eyes closed and her hand fell.

My mother, Neo Queen Serenity, was dead.

I began sobbing in Helios's arms. Around me, various senshi, both from her court and mine, began crying as well. Except for Pluto.

Her Time Staff appeared him her hands. She laid the top of it on my head and my mother's crown appeared in my head. The pink crescent moon appeared on my forehead.

"The Queen is dead. Long live the Queen."

I am Neo Queen Serenity II of Crystal Tokyo.

Long live my mother.