Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Twinkle, twinkle little Starlight ❯ My Father, My Enemy ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Part 5

Seiya weakly held her head up as she stared into the loving dark eyes of her father. She blinked a few times, praying he was an illusion brought on by lack of blood to the brain but he didn't vanish. She could now hear the gasps and whispers of the Scouts behind her but she blanked them out. She let out a pleased sound in her throat and with all the energy she had hugged her father tightly.

"Oh Twinkle, I've missed you so much" Relight murmured in the same voice Fighter remembered, deep and smooth. Kami just the sound of his voice seemed to wash all her years of depression away.

"Daddy!"

Relight sharply tensed and Fighter felt it. She looked up curiously at her estranged father and was even more puzzled by the aggravated look on his face. Keeping one arm around his little girl he pulled her to his side while using his free hand to clutch his head. He growled as the familiar pain grated his mind. All the Scouts were lined up, easy pickings. One blast and his pain would be over. But he couldn't give in, too many people he let down, too many friends. Not after all the pain he went through as a soldier could he kill destiny's champions. Though he could no longer stop his body from attacking, he still had influence over the weapon.

Fighter watched in horror as her father reach into a sub space pocket and retrieves a cannon of sorts. It was over a metre long and cylinder shaped. Gold with a network of blue groves all along it. He aimed it at the Scouts and pulled the trigger. Deep within the cannon blue/green energy discharged itself and expanded, narrowly missing the two other Lights but the Sol Scouts couldn't even react. The attack engulfed them and their screams filled the air as before the explosion washed them away again. As Relight watched a scene played over in his head. He was standing in front of a man wearing the same armour as him, he gave the man something very important which was taken and put away. The man then reached behind him, pulled out the same cannon and blasted Relight in the chest.

"Nooooooo!" both father and daughter screamed.

Once again the dust settled to uncover now de-transformed Scouts. The sight of the fallen Scouts, especially Usagi being held tightly in the arms of an unconscious Rei was enough for Fighter to break free of her fathers grip. His plan had worked. The Buster Cannon had failed in killing the Scouts but was still powerful to revert the transformation. They were badly hurt, most likely dieing. With great effort he threw the cannon away which before it hit the ground faded into sub space. His head exploded into pain like never before, his scream pierced the night sky as he fell on his knees. The brief flash of anger Fighter had towards her father was now forgotten. Replaced instead with more confusion.

"Father what's wrong?" she cried, reaching for him but her hand was caught by Healer. Her bright green eyes bore into her own blue ones.

"We must retreat or die, it's your call" she said firmly. She hated putting her lover in this situation but her emotions were putting them all in danger and she couldn't lose Fighter. Not after just finding her. Fighter didn't know what to do.

"Twinkle run!!!!!!" her father pleaded, still in a great amount of pain. Fighter's features hardened as her father made the decision for her. With the aid of Healer she managed to reach her fellow Scouts and pile them close together.

"Get ready for a Sailor Teleport" she declared, gasping for breath.

"That's too dangerous!" Maker disagreed in her tone and words.

"What choice do we have?" Healer shot back, behind her love all the way and even Maker had to agree to. They joined hands and tried to open their energy to teleport the Scouts as well, Fighter once again digging deep to find that power.


Relight had finally lost the battle to control his body, as it advanced on the prone Scouts and his daughter. He tried to shout a warning but his body refused to obey him. His body sped up and his arm rose. A form of red electricity crackled in his clenched fist, a feeling of anxiety fell over him. His Thunder Cracker attack! His captor had control of his powers and was going to kill his daughter! His legs launched him into the air for the final part of the attack. Twinkle could only watch as her dad charge to finish them. She held back tears and tried harder.

The glowing white figure watching from afar took this moment to act. With unnatural speed it took off to intercept Relight. It pointed the large blue sword at him and fired. Relight looked up in time to see the energy blast him and lose the energy for the Thunder Cracker as he reeled from the shock. The glowing figure pull back it's sword and hit the dazzled warrior with the flat side, sending him hurtling towards the ground. The figure then swooped down towards Fighter and the others and swallowed them up in a bright silver light and disappears.

Relight pushed his way out of the rubble and stand up, unhurt from his attacker. On the inside he smiled and shielded his thoughts from his enemy.
'As long as my Ki sense stays out of that's monsters control Twinkle and her friends will be safe...for now' he thought grimly but still glad he would no longer suffer from the mind attacks. He fazed out of sight.


Back at the Starlight Apartment, 3 hours later.

Usagi was the last one to wake up and was greeted with happy but nervous looks from her battered protectors, especially Rei.

"W-what happened?" she croaked, blinking a couple of time and sitting up. As if to answer her guardians looked across the room at a distressed Seiya who looked up and smiled weakly at her.

"After the attack on Kinmoku-sei when I was a child, my father Lord Relight was wounded and taken away. Since then he was tortured no stop to give in to a great evil none of us has ever faced. Finally he gave in just because of me, he gave his soul for me and now he is being made to hunt you all down. I'm so sorry!" she said in monotone, as numbly as she felt. Usagi hurt for her friend.

"No Seiya I'm sorry, what should we do?" she asked, looking to each of her Scouts for advice.

"I will kill him, with Seiya's help" a new voice added. From another room walked in the same glowing white figure from before, but this time the light it was emitting had dimmed somewhat to reveal the identity of the being. It was that of Relight, of pure transparent white.

"I am Novia, living sword of Relight my master" it replied seriously and Usagi gasped.

"To free my father...I must kill him"