Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Unmei no Hoshi ❯ Special Bonus Trailer: Mirai-chan's Kickass Journey ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ah, Crystal Tokyo. A true paradise on earth. Here was the ideal city, with its shapely architecture, its happy and pleasant people, and its clean, well lit streets and alleyways. It was a place of beauty to make poets weep and singers fall silent in amazement. There was no place within that city where it was not safe to walk after dark, yet even so, it is considered a perilous place, for it is said that none who visit that place depart unchanged. Today, the sun shone clearly, birds sang in the trees, and, as it usually does on days like that, the Crystal Palace was throwing a dazzling rainbow into the sky.
 
On a small hill within this paradise, there was an old Shinto temple. Within this temple, three shadowed figures peered into a roaring flame.
 
"Hey, keep it down! I'm trying to concentrate!" said the first of the shadowed figures.
 
"Sorry," whispered the second.
 
The third giggled. "Hey," the figure said, "Do you think this will actually work?"
 
The second shrugged. "Even if it does, we could get in big trouble for this. Not that I care."
 
The first shadowy figure began to chant a series of arcane phrases, and the other two leaned forward to watch. As the chant progressed, the flame roared ever higher, and then, within the flame, an image began to form, accompanied by sound.
 
A few minutes passed.
 
Suddenly, the door flew open with a slam, and an angry voice yelled, "Mirai-CHAN!?"
 
As the door opened, light flooded the room, banishing all shadows.
 
The first shadowy figure, now revealed to be none other than Tomoe Mirai, adopted sister of Sailor Saturn, blinked in suprise and turned to look at the one who had so rudely burst in. "Hai, Senshi Mars?" she said.
 
It seemed that the angry voice belonged to none other than Hino Rei. The Senshi of fire GLARED at Mirai as she said, "What have I told you about using the sacred fire in such a manner?"
 
Mirai was sitting in front of the sacred fire along with Kazeno Yuubiko (the daughter of Kino Makoto) and Tenoh Arashi (the daughter of Uranus and Neptune - don't ask). Yuubiko and Arashi were staring intently into the sacred fire, watching as... the Suzaku no Miko once again tried to summon her guardian deity. And failed.
 
Arashi didn't bother to look up when Rei burst through the door. She simply said, "Oh, hey Hino-san," and kept on watching the images in the fire.
 
Yuubiko, on the other hand, was slightly annoyed with Senshi Mars for her rather... loud and annoying entrance. "Hey, keep it down! This is the best part!" she said.
 
At this point, the images in the fire showed Miaka embracing a bare-chested Tamahome.
 
Yuubiko immediately went starry eyed. "OOOooh! It's sooo romantic!" she exclaimed.
 
Mirai shrugged slightly, looking towards the furious Senshi of fire. "Sorry, Lady Mars," she said, "We'll be out of here soon..." she paused. "As soon as this episode is over!"
 
Rei's left eyebrow began to twitch. She simmered for a moment or two, and then did a fairly credible imitation of the demon-head technique of one Tendo Soun as she yelled, "The SACRED FIRE is NOT for watching anime on!!!"
 
"Gomen."
 
"Gomen ne!"
 
"Gomen!"
 
No one moved.
 
"Well!?" Rei demanded, gesturing towards the door.
 
Mirai shrugged. "If we're going to be punished for it, we may as well commit the crime first..."
 
*the scene fades to black*
 
:Subtitle: Crystal Tokyo is about to explode...
 
*cut to a shot of an enourmous glowing pink energy-heart, gradually expanding to envelop the city*
 
MIRAI-CHAN'S KICKASS JOURNEY
 
Coming soon.
 
A P.H. Wise production
 
stillwell_phw@hotmail.com
 
www.geocities.com/stillwell_phw/wisefics.html