Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Wanderer ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't now nor ever will hold the rights to the Zelda series or Sailor Moon, both of which are owned by the people who make and distribute them.
 
 
Chapter 1
 
Sailor Pluto held the year old child close as she passed through the time gate, knowing what significance he held for both the world she was taking him to and her own. After she found the world portal she was searching for she looked down to the quiet child and saw his bright blue eyes staring up at her. He looked very much like his mother.
 
“You, child, are going to do great things,” Pluto smiled as the little boy blinked. “Your father gave you a very fitting name; it will suit you for several years to come. It seems criminal to change it but there is no choice.” Pluto looked thoughtful for a moment, then sighed and looked back at the portal. Before stepping through it she regarded the boy once more. “Where you are going your given name will be greatly out of place.”
 
0.o.0.o.0
 
The little village was nestled comfortably in a dead end canyon. A stream ran through the village, running north east from the cliff wall and down past a water wheel before pooling out in a pleasant little fishing pond. To the south was a narrow path which led to a ranch; the little town was well known for its goat milk.
 
On the wind was the sweet sent of blossoms and the mid morning temperature was comfortable. Setsuna breathed in the fresh air deeply as she made her way to the southern most house, closest to the entrance to the ranch. The person Setsuna encountered first was relaxing in a chair near the entrance of the house she was heading toward. The woman's eyes were closed while her well shaped nose inhaled the sweet morning air, giving her a very content expression. She was a kind looking woman with had blonde hair and a fair complexion and she was clearly pregnant.
 
Setsuna watched the woman with a smile, not wanting to disturb her. The little child in her arms had other ideas, though, and decided to make his presents known by crying. Setsuna began bouncing him and patting his back to calm him down.
 
The woman sitting in the chair looked up, startled by the other woman and child. Then she smiled.
 
“Setsuna, we weren't expecting you for a little longer. Come in and I'll get Bo.”
 
“Hello Amber, it's good to see you again.” Setsuna shifted Link to her left arm and offered a hand to Amber as she struggled to get out of her chair.
 
With Link still in her arms Setsuna followed the Amber into the house.
 
0.o.0.o.0
 
“He's a really sweet boy,” Amber commented. “It's amazing the fate of Hyrule rests on his shoulders.”
 
“Not just Hyrule, but also Earth. I don't know what the Fates have in store for him, but should he survive his future will be very bright,” replied Setsuna.
 
Bo looked thoughtful as he watched the object of the conversation crawl around at their feet. Link was busy checking everything out with great curiosity. “It's a shame we can't fully adopt him,” Bo stated. Amber and Setsuna looked at him, curious, so he continued. “He might not figure it out till he's a teenager but he'll know we aren't his real parents.”
 
With a sad smile, Setsuna nodded in agreement. “He'll find out sooner then that,” she stated quietly but wouldn't elaborate further. “He can not know who he truly is or where he came from. You will have to keep that from him.” The other two nodded in understanding. “There is something else he has inherited but he will receive her when he turns ten.”
 
The three talked for a while longer before Setsuna had to say her goodbyes; she had to return to her duty of guarding the gates time and dimensions.
 
“Setsuna?” Setsuna turned from the portal she had opened to look at Amber. “What is this little boy's name?”
 
Setsuna's eyes danced with mirth. “Link.” She replied simply, and then she was gone.
 
0.o.0.o.0