Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ When the Heartache is Over ❯ When the Heartache is Over ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Serena sat in her room the lights turned low so no one would know she was awake and she could be left alone with her thoughts and so she could write in peace



Disclaimer: Sailor Moon and company belong to Naoko Takeuchi and not to me. I'm just a teenager who got board and decided to write this.

This is a short story about Usagi finally realizing that she doesn't need Mamoru and that she can live without all the hurt he's caused her.

This is my second story, my first was She's Like the Wind an x-men story about Remey's thoughts after Rogue leaves him, all comments, flames or anything else you want to send me is cool, but comments would be a nice encouragement to write more. My email address is Cindlemain@yahoo.com.


When the heartache is Over
By Cindlemain
Rated PG just in case.


Usagi sat in her room the lights turned low so no one would know she was awake and she could be left alone with her thoughts and so she could write in peace. Mamoru had broken up with her again and this time she had been ready for it. She had seen him with the girl making out at the back of the arcade and though she knew it was coming it still hurt like hell. All the girls knew what had happened and they all felt sorry for her, but she could see the unasked question in their eyes. They all wanted to know how long it would take for them to get back together and just quite with the dramatization of braking up and making up.

She knew they were tired of it and so was she. She knew that they were suppose to be soul mates and that they had a great destiny ahead of them, but Usagi wanted nothing more to do with it. She was tired of him playing games with her. It happened all the time now. He would brake up with her for some girl and then after he had his fun he would come back to her knowing that she would welcome him with open arms, but not any more she was done being hurt and knew that she could change the future.

It didn't matter any more that they had been lover in a past life or that they were suppose to rule as king and queen of Crystal Tokyo. She could change that, Crystal Tokyo could still be made with out him as long as she lived, she knew because she had talked to Pluto about it. The look on Pluto's face when she told her what she wanted to do was priceless and though she had disagreed with Usagi's plan at first she finally came around when Usagi showed her what Mamoru was doing to her. She swore that the Outer Senshi would stand by her no matter what.

She was glad that she had their friendship and just hoped that the Inner Senshi would feel the same though she doubted it. For some reason they were very faithful to him. Now she just had to tell all of them what she was feeling and that she would take no more from him and that's where Seiya came in. Tomorrow night the Starlight's were having a concert and they had decided that the best way to tell Mamoru and the Inner Senshi how she felt was to get up on stage and sing to them. She didn't think she could do it and asked Seiya how he did it and he told her that the best way to write a song was to write what you were feeling. She was confused at first, but once she got home and started thinking about what she was going threw she found out that it was easy to write what she was feeling and now she felt that she had a song that would show everyone that she was threw with him. Picking up the piece of paper she put it in her notebook and got into bed. She had a big day tomorrow.

The day seemed to go by faster then ever and before she knew it she was at the concert with five minutes before she had to go out on stage. Looking out from behind the curtain at all the people Usagi was suddenly hit with the feeling that she couldn't do this. She looked at her friends sitting in the front row. The Inner Senshi were sitting around Mamoru who was looking very happy with all the attention they were giving him, though some how they managed to miss the looks he gave a girl Usagi recognized as his new girl friend.

Usagi wondered how the hell she had gotten tickets and was angry that he brought her and that the Inner Senshi, the people who were suppose to be her best friends didn't even notice it. She forced herself to look away form them and look at the Outer Senshi. Haruka looked like she was going to kill Mamoru, but then looked up at the stage and seeing her gave her thumbs up. Just knowing that she was there with Michiru and Setsuna gave her the will to go out there and do this.

She was pulled from her thoughts suddenly when Seiya made his announcement about her. "Tonight a very special friend has decided to join us tonight to sing a song that she wrote for someone special who's here tonight. Now I would like you to give a warm welcome to my dear friend Tsukino Usagi. The crowd gave a wary applause, but she didn't care about that the only thing she focussed on was the eight people sitting in the front rows reaction and she wasn't disappointed as they all looked very shocked at what she was wearing. Usagi had changed in to her princess gown thinking that it was appropriate sense she would be leaving her past behind and him along with it. Usagi had originally wanted to come out and say something to the crowd, but Seiya told her that the best way for her to get there attention was just to start her song and let it say what she could not. So that was what she was going to do. With thoughts of Mamoru and all the pain he had caused her going threw her head Usagi gave them the signal to start playing and sung her song.

One in a lifetime you find
Someone to show you the way
Someone to make your decisions,
But I let you lead me astray.

Who did you think you were fooling
Said you were missing the line
But the truth is I knew you were lying
You were using me time after time

When the heartache is over
I know I won't be missing you
Won't look over my shoulder
Cause I know that I can live with out you

Time to move on with my life now
Leaving the past all behind
I can make my own decisions
It was only a matter of time

Some times I look back in anger
Thinking about all the pain
But I know I am stronger without you
And that I'll never need you again

When the heartache is over
I know I won't be missing you
Won't look over my shoulder
Cause I know that I can live with out you

When the heartache is over
I know I won't be missing you
Won't look over my shoulder
Cause I know that I can live with out you

I can live with out you.
I can live with out you

Usagi stood there with her eyes closed and listen to the applause she was getting from the people in the amphitheater. She could tell that she was getting a standing ovation from the sound of it, but that didn't matter to her. As she slowly opened her eyes she focused in on her friends. The Outer Senshi were standing up and applauding her, as expected the Inner Senshi were sitting down with different looks of disapproval on there faces, and Mamoru looked at her as if she was just joking around. She just looked at them whispered "It really is over." As she walked off stage she knew that she would have to explain her actions to the Inner Senshi and that they most likely wouldn't except it. It was strange though because she really didn't care. She knew that she had true friends in the Outer Senshi and she would be fine. She really could live without him.