Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ When the Heartache is Over ❯ When the Heartache is Over - Part Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Mamoru parked his car down the street and got out



Disclaimer: Sailor Moon and company belong to Naoko Takeuchi and not to me. I'm just a teenager who got board and decided to write this.

READ ME: This is the second part of "When the Heartache is Over." This one takes place seven months after the first. It's from Mamoru's point of view about how Usagi's doing now and what happened after the concert. As a side note Usagi is 19 in these stories and lives with the Outer Senshi.

I want to thank everyone who wrote to me saying how well "I Want You to Need Me," "Kiss the Rain," and "I'll Stand By You," were. Your comments were very help full and I would also like to thank my editors Nicole and Cindy for encouraging me to write more. To my Dad for being not just my editor, but my biggest supporter and for always reminding me to work on "Elementals." Don't worry Dad the first two chapters will be out by the end of next week.

As always all comments, flames or anything else you want to send me is cool, but comments would be a nice encouragement to write more. My email address is cindlemain@hotmail.com

When the Heartache is Over
Part Two
By Cindlemain
Rated PG just in case.

Mamoru parked his car down the street and got out. It was November twenty-fourth and there was snow every where, but he didn't seem to notice or care. He had come to see her and find out how she was doing. No he wasn't going to talk to her or go up to her door, he never did. He was just going to watch her from outside her house.

That's how things were now. He had no place in her life or in her world. It was his fault, he had treated her badly and now that he didn't have her anymore he finally realized his mistake. It's funny how you never seem to know what you have until it's gone.

Walking up the main walkway he found the tree he normally hid in and climbed up to the top. He would have to best view of the house there and be able to watch her better. It was seven o'clock so she would most likely be in the living room. Laugher from that direction told him he was right.

Turning to face the living room he caught sight of the lovely angel that always took his breath away. Sure she had changed much over the past seven months, but she was still beautiful. She wore a long sleeve light pink sweeter and blue jeans, she had cut her hair so it was now shoulder length and made her look mature. The biggest difference was the way she acted though. She still had that view that all people were good and things could change for the better, but she wasn't the crybaby klutz that she had been. She also guarded her heart much more these days and didn't let people in like she used to.

Yes she had changed a lot in the past seven months, but it was for the best at least now people like him and the Inner Senshi couldn't hurt her like they had. And though she had left them behind she still had the Outer Senshi to depend on. After all Haruka and the rest of the Outer Senshi were the only ones that stuck with her and helped her through everything, even when the Inner Senshi abandoned her. It still hurt even now to think about the day that changed their lives.

----------Flash back----------

The day after the concert the Inner Senshi and Mamoru had confronted her about what she had done. They waited until four in the afternoon at the arcade for her to show up. When she finally did they were surprised to see the Outer Senshi with her. Of course as soon the Outer Senshi saw them they took up defense positions around her as if they expected them to attack her, but then with the way Rei had been acting Mamoru couldn't blame them.

The Inner Senshi were pissed, they wanted to know why she had done it and what the hell the Outer Senshi thought they were doing.

"I asked them to come with me because I knew you guys would be here. I needed some support and I knew I could get it from them." Usagi said quietly looking as if she was about to cry. "About last night, I didn't tell you about what I was going to do because I knew that you would try to talk me out of it and I didn't want that. You guys can't honestly think that I would just keep taking him back after everything he put me through?"

All of them were shocked and maybe their friendship could have been saved or at least they would still be on speaking terms if Rei had kept her mouth shut, but the Senshi of fire wasn't known for doing things like that.

When Usagi finished talking Rei started to laugh, to the surprise of everyone there. When she stopped laughing the tone she used to speak to Usagi held no warmth and showed her contempt towards the younger girl. "What, is the little princess upset because she can't even keep a man who's supposed to be destined for her. It's no surprise to me though; who would want a crybaby like you. You're useless as a person and as a Senshi. All you're good for is crying and messing up, and as far as I see it we don't need you Usagi." Everyone was shocked, the Inner Senshi included, but they didn't say anything and seemed to take Rei's side.

Standing on the sidelines Mamoru got ready to protect Rei should Haruka decided to attack her. No he didn't think Rei had any right to talk to her like that, but she still didn't deserve to get the shit knocked out of her. Too bad he was watching the wrong person. With a sudden movement Usagi got passed the Outer Senshi and showing unexpected strength and speed punched Rei in the stomach knocking the wind out of her and then kicked Rei's feet out from under her, leaving Rei to lay on the sidewalk wondering what was next.

Once again everyone stood there shocked at what they were seeing, Usagi had actually hurt someone and not just anyone, but a friend. Usagi just glared and shook her head at all of them. "You know you guys have never ever believed in me, no matter what I've done. You've always seen me as a worthless leader and a horrible person who has no right being the princess of the moon. This just proved that, if any of you were my friends then you would have stood up for me when Rei said that, but no you all just stood there and silently took her side. As for being a poor excuse for a Sailor Senshi. You guys seem to forget that I've beaten all of our major enemies without your help, but just to prove you wrong I'm going to become the best Sailor Senshi I can and I'm going to do it without you guys around." Without letting the Inner Senshi reply Usagi turned and walked away with the Outer Senshi right behind her.

That was the last time the Inner Senshi or Mamoru had seen or spoken to her outside of battle.

*** End Flashback ***

After that day any time a monster showed up Sailor Moon always got there first with the Outer Senshi and managed to take out the thing before the he or the Inner Senshi could do anything. Soon after that Sailor Moon would be the only one to show up and with amazing strength and power could take out whole groups of monsters without any help.

Usagi made good on her promise and even when the monsters stopped and their controllers where gone she still found things to fight for. She moved to man made crime and stopped theft and any other crime she could. It was no wonder Usagi was going to law school now. It had surprised everyone, especially Rei, when they found out. What was even worse was that she was now one of the smartest people at school competing with Ami for the highest tests scores. Usagi had done everything she said she would and more.

Looking back on everything that had gone on since she left him, Mamoru realized now that the Inner Senshi and him had just been holding her back, stopping her from finding her real place in life and she really was much better off with out them. Too bad it had taken all this for him to realizes that.

Mamoru couldn't help, but wondering what the Outer Senshi thought about all this and why they were so loyal to her. It seemed like maybe the Inner Senshi were not meant to be her guardians and that the Outer Senshi really were the people that were meant to protect Usagi and he couldn't think of another group of people who could have done a better job. With them she had found a new strength because they believed in her and they stayed with her through everything. Never once had they doubted what she said and why she was doing something like he and the Inner Senshi had.

Pulling himself out of his thoughts he realized that Usagi had been alone in the living room the whole time and he wondered where the Outer Senshi were. Then as if on cue three of the four people he had been thinking about walked into the room. Haruka and Michiru sat down on the sofa and made room for Hotaru who had walked in carrying a pizza. Usagi took a seat in the love chair and taking a small piece of pizza settled in for one of their long discussions they had every Friday night. Setsuna was no where to be seen, but he knew where she was, after all the guardian of time couldn't be with them all the time.

No one spoke for a long time as the four sat there enjoying the pizza and each other's company. Mamoru had noticed a while back that the relationship she had with the Outer Senshi was different from the one she had with the Inners. Usagi once told him that she had always felt the need to talk when she was around the Inners because there was always this uncomfortable silence when no one spoke that really bothered her. This wasn't true for the Outers though; they were more comfortable around her and didn't feel like they had to be around her, because they truly did like having Usagi around, while the Inners didn't.

Turning his attention back to the four waiting for them to talk he was surprised when Michiru brought up a subject he had never heard mentioned at their house.

"Do you guys ever wondered what the Inner Senshi and Mamoru are up to now?"

"What ever they're doing I hope their lives are miserable and full of the same pain they caused Usagi." Haruka replied harshly.

"Haruka- papa you shouldn't say things like that, it's wrong." Hotaru stated.

"It's okay Hotaru. Haruka is in titled to her opinion, though it is wrong to wish harm on anyone or anything." Usagi replied calmly.

"Oh come on Usagi you can't really tell me that you don't think they deserve some sort of punishment for what they did." Haruka ask astonished.

"Truthfully no. Because if I did I would be as bad as Rei or even Mamoru." Usagi said, her voice full of sadness when she said his name.

"You miss him don't you?" Michiru asked

"Only during nights when there's a thunderstorm and I'm alone in bed with no one there to comfort me. Other wise no. I guess I just wish things had ended better between us." Usagi confided.

Haruka sat forward and took one of Usagi's small hands in hers. "Listen I promise you that one day, far from now, the Inner Senshi and Mamoru will realize their mistakes and apologize."

"You know," Usagi said changing the subject. "I saw him again yesterday."

Mamoru almost fell out of the tree, but managed to catch his balance and listened harder trying to find out if she how long he'd been following her.

"I've seen him a lot over the past seven months. He never comes near me and every time I look over at where he is, he acts like he's doing something else. Some times he's really good at hiding, but most of the time he's in plain view. I know he regrets what he did and wants me to come back to him, but I can't. If I do then it will be like I just gave up on everything I worked so hard for, and in truth I would be. I can't do that not for him, not for anyone. I refuse to go back to being that weak person I was."

They sat there in silence just thinking about what Usagi said. It was true that Mamoru was following Usagi they had known it from the start thanks to Setsuna. She had warned Haruka, Michiru, and Hotaru about it soon after the fight with the Inners. They had taken turns watching him because none of them were sure what he was going to do, but once it became clear that he was doing nothing more then watching her, they quit watching him.

"I think," Haruka said, "That he still hopes that you're going to change your mind and go running back to him like you always did and things are going to go back to the way they used to be. And who knows maybe if you did go back to him, he would change and things would be better this time around, but you don't know that and he has to realize that this is best for you. Throughout all of your years with him you did everything you could to make him happy even if it meant going somewhere or doing something you hated, because you loved him and you were convinced that he loved you too. I think it's time he followed your example and do for you what you did for him and let you go, because he loves you and even though he won't admit it, in his heart he knows it's the right thing to do. Now lets get off this subject and watch one of the movies Hotaru and Setsuna rented tonight."

Mamoru sat in the tree thinking about what Haruka had said as he watched them argue over which movie to watch first, when his watch suddenly went off pulling him from his thoughts and telling him the it was now ten o clock and it was time for him to go. Taking one last look at Usagi, Mamoru nodded his head as if agreeing to what Haruka had said and in truth he was. It was time for him to move on not just because he knew that she would never come back to him, but because it was the best thing for her. So jumping out of the tree and blowing Usagi a kiss she would never receive Mamoru walked down her walkway and out of her life until the time when everything he had done to her could be forgiven and forgotten and they could be friend and allies once again.


On top of the roof a tall figure moved out of the shadows and watched sadly as Mamoru walked away. Even though Setsuna knew they weren't going to get back together, the Senshi of time had still hope they would. Setsuna jumped suddenly when a hand came to rest on her shoulder. Turing she saw Haruka standing next to her. She smiled at her friend and looked back to the street as Mamoru's car drove away for the last time.

"He was here again wasn't he?" Haruka asked.

"Yes, but this was the last time. You will never have to deal with him again after this." Setsuna said sadly

"We both knew he was going to have to move on, but I have to ask, does this change things for the better or for the worse?"

"Both."

"Why? Does this mean Crystal Tokyo will never come to be?"

"No actually it will be better because Usagi will truly be happy with the man she marries. Our new king will have great power matched only by our queen and nothing will be able to rival their power. In fact because of Usagi and Mamoru's break up, we will truly have a peaceful future."

"That sounds great. Wait, who's to be our new king? Have we already met him and if not when will we?"

"There is another threat coming one worse then anything we have faced, but with this threat will come a new ally and it is that ally that will be our new king."

"As I said before, this sounds great, except for the whole new enemy thing. So what could be the bad thing."

"Chibiusa." Setsuna replied looking down.

"Oh god, that had never occurred to me. I am so sorry."

"It' okay there will be another Chibiusa. She just won't be like this one."

Talking about Chibiusa made Haruka think about another person and his future. "What about Mamoru? What will become of him."

Setsuna laughed at that question even though she was surprised that Haruka would ask. It was a natural question though; after all he had been their friend once. "He will be fine, in fact he will marry one of the Inner Senshi and eventually Usagi and he will become friends once again, but that is a long time from now."

Haruka was in shock. He was going to marry one of the Inner Senshi? "Which one does he marry?"

"You know I can't tell you that."

Haruka was going to protest when Michiru opened the door and called for them to come in, they had decided what movie to watch, but Hotaru refused to put it on until all of her family was there.

"We'll finish this conversation later, and I'll answer all of your questions then." Setsuna joked.

"Sure you will." Haruka replied laughing

Linking arms they walked back into the house to enjoy a quite night with their family.



The End

As a side note for any of you who didn't like this ending please don't flame me just for that reason. While I to think they make a cute couple I just don't think they belong together. Besides I wanted to write a different type of story and who knows I may write another part after this one about that new evil and ally Setsuna was taking about. Of course that depends on how many people like and review this or I'll write it just because. Thanks Minna-Chan.