Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Words I Couldn't Say ❯ Another chance... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

" Come in Darien. How did you know where I lived?" that was the first thing Serena asked him when he showed up on her doorstep just less than fifteen minutes later.

" I've known where you live since you left me Serena. I needed to know that you were all right," he said simply and she looked surprised but she led him into her living room anyway. She sat down on the lounge chair and he sat down on the opposing chair. She looked nervous - but there was also a glow about her, He figured it was her pregnancy. In the book he was reading, it said that some women actually glowed or had a type of radiance about them when they were pregnant.

" What is it that you wanted to talk about Darien?" she asked, fiddling with the buttons on her blouse.

" You. Us. The baby. Why I never told you before today that I loved you," he said and watched her face go through several different emotions.

" You've never said those words before Darien. Why now? And after last night...why should I believe you?" she asked. He could hear a note of hope in her voice, but he could sense she was expecting nothing out of this.

" After you left last night, I drove around to Andrew's. We had a long talk. What he told me, I realized was the truth. I've never told you that I loved you because I didn't want to end up being hurt again." Darien said and Serena looked at him in surprise.

" I told you that I loved you. I'd never hurt you intentionally and definitely not when I can prevent it. I love you Darien!" Serena said and Darien felt a little flicker of hope flare. She had said 'love', not 'loved'. Did that mean she still loved him?

" I never really fully believed that until you told me you were pregnant. If you had only been with me for money, you would have wanted money more than anything. But you actually told me about the baby instead of having an abortion," he said and she nodded.

" You are the father after all. Keeping this baby a secret from you would not be a good idea. I don't want to deprive our child of a father," Serena said, placing a hand on her stomach. Darien noticed the gesture and smiled. He couldn't believe that there was a child inside her. His child. He felt an inordinate sense of pleasure. If she gave him another chance, he would be a good father to this child.

" I thank you for that Serena. I don't want to be out of my child's life. I don't want to be out of your life anymore Serena. I love you and now our baby. I'm asking you for another chance," Darien asked, going straight to the point.

" I-I don't know..."

" I promise to you that I'll never treat you bad again. I love you Serena. I honestly do. I'm sorry that I never told you before. I was scared. I never thought that you'd leave me. And when you did, you took my heart with you," he said.

" Darien, I'd love to be able to believe you. I really would. But..."

" I'm lost without you. I love you. Please don't shut me out of your life, out of our baby's life just because I was stupid enough to make a mistake. I need you in my life. I'd need you even if you weren't pregnant. When you rang last night and asked me if you could come over, I made up my mind then to ask you back. To ask you to give me another chance. Then you told me you were pregnant and I just forgot what I was going to say," he said and Serena stared at him.

" Darien..."

" Please Serena," Darien said. He wasn't giving her any chances to say no. He wanted her to believe that he really did love her.

" Will you stop interrupting me! If you'd just let me get a word in, you'll find out the answer sooner!" Serena said, smiling a little.

" I'm sorry. I just don't want you to say no to me."

" I'm not going to Darien. I'm giving you another chance. I do believe that you love me. And not just for the baby either. But I sweat to God Darien, you screw up again, there won't be another chance. I'm not willing to ruin our baby's life," Serena said and Darien felt a sense of relief. Everything was going to be all right. She was going to give him a chance - that was all he wanted. He could help her trust him again by telling her he loved her everyday of his life. They had plenty of time. There was certainly no rush.