Saint Seiya Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Mercury's Stand ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: New story. This one is based off the Saint Seiya OVA. Read and review.
Disclaimers: I own nothing, except the darn plot.
Basic Summary: Crystal Tokyo came to an early end when an old enemy of the Lunians attacked. With the Neo-King, Neo-Queen and rest of the Inners dead and the Outers MIA, Sailor Mercury escapes with Chibi-Usa. Only to find that the enemy had followed her.
Prologue: How It All Begun

 
No one knows exactly how the universe began. Some theorize that a catastrophic cosmic explosion sent the infinite worlds spinning out into the vastness of the Great Dark - worlds that would one day bear life-forms of wondrous and terrible diversity. Others believe that the universe, at it exists, was created as a whole by a singular, all-powerful entity. Though the exact origins of the chaotic universe remain unclear, it is clear that a race of powerful beings arose to bring order to the various worlds and ensure a safe future for the beings that would follow in their footsteps.The Gods then brought order to a hundred million worlds scattered throughout the Great Dark Beyond during the first ages of creation. The benevolent Zeus, seeking to safeguard their structured worlds, was ever vigilant against the threat of attack from the vile, extra-dimensional entities of the Twisting Nether. The Nether, an ethereal dimension of chaotic magics that connected the myriad worlds of the universe together, was home to an infinite number of malefic, demonic beings, who sought only to destroy life and devour the energies of the living universe. The pure-hearted, altruistic Gods, unable to conceive of evil or wickedness in any form, struggled to find a way to end the demons' constant threat.

 
The Nathrezim, a dark race of vampiric demons (also known as Dread Lords) set out to conquer a populated world by possessing its inhabitants and turning them to the shadow. The nefarious, scheming Dread Lords had turned whole nations against one another by manipulating them through unthinking hatred and mistrust. .

 
To combat the demonic force, each member of the High Council imbued a portion of its power to the Terra's moon and the rest of the eight planets.
 
From there, the scintillating energies of the Gods formed into the mystical Ginzuishou as we know of today. The crystal's potent energies would nurture the bones of the Solar System and empower life to take root in the lands' rich soil. Over time, that power would seep into Terra, enabling plants, trees, monsters and creatures of every kind began to thrive on the primordial planet.
 
When the Eredar attacked, Queen Elune used the power of the Ginzuishou, combined with the strength of the other eight planets to drive the Eredar back into the Twisting Nether and seal the dimension for eternity.
That happened eons before Queen Selenity's rule.
But it was a matter of time before the seal finally broke and the demons escaped to seek revenge for their banishment.

SailorStar9: And so ends yet another over-imaginative fic. Read and review.