Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Tones ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Jewel Tones
by: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl
 
 
Disclaimer: Saiyuki and all of its characters are owned by Minekura Kazuya, her Japanese publishers, and Tokyopop, along with a few others whose name I forget. I only play with the characters for fun.
 
A/N: A set of four drabbles relating to each of the ikkou by their distinctive eye colors. There is definitely some 58 and 39 in here.
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
Emerald
 
Upon being asked by Goku why he always wore green, Hakkai pondered his answer. He could say because it was his favorite color, or because it matched his eyes. Since he had always explained to the young youkai that telling the truth was the right thing to do, he gave the real reason.
 
“Gojyo likes the color on me,” he said with a shrug.
 
That was the day, to the sound of the kappa choking on his cigarette, that Hakkai received his first blows with Sanzo's hidden fan. It still held the record for the most whacks at one time.
 
0o0o0o
 
Ruby
 
Every time he looked into a mirror, Gojyo saw nothing but blood. His eyes, his hair, both the color of spilled blood; death. Any mention of himself and the color red, and he left immediately. He didn't want to hear what anyone else saw in his hair and eyes.
 
Then came Hakkai, who saw the same things he did in red; knew what they meant. Time passed, and one day his roommate surprised him. Kissing him in a way to make his toes curl, Hakkai whispered, “Blood is more than death, it's also life. And I'm ready to live again.”
 
0o0o0o
 
Amethyst
 
Sanzo despised purple. He hated to look into a mirror and see those light amethyst eyes glaring back at him. Those jewel-toned eyes reminded him of only pain, rage, and hate. Some considered him demon-spawn because of them (and what a joke that was), others an object of lust.
 
Only one person had any right to look at him that way. Goku was the only person who could look at him with need, want, and desire - and not expect to get shot. The saru was the only one in the entire world who could make him need anything.
 
0o0o0o
 
Gold
 
The whispers about his eyes always managed to reach him. Goku heard the rumors about golden eyes, that those that bore them were cursed. It hurt sometimes, when people he didn't know judged him because of them. Called him a heretic.
 
Sanzo's glare silenced them. No one wanted the monk angry at them; the sound of a chambered round driving them away. He didn't know why his eyes were golden, not really. But his favorite explanation was that he'd spent so many years staring at his sun that his eyes had become nothing more than a reflection of his lover.