Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ In the eyes of a child ❯ A new home ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Title: In the eye’s of a child

Author: Ashray

Disclaimer: Yes, Saiyuki is mine.
And Yes, I’m dreaming.
(never heard about sleep-walking? I’m sleep-writing! )


Beta: Youkai-Braut and purpleicicles, thanks to both of them for the help


Warnings: Most of the time funny, sometimes a little sad, showed Goku his point of view and
thoughts about heaven, even if he is often wrong (don’t forget that he is a child,
and they have their own interpretation of things)


Summary: Tenkai from the view of a curious, happily, loud, clumsy, cheery, overactive,
excited, hungry, puzzled, trouble-making little Monkey, who try to explain and
explore the world around him…
And that can’t happen without miscellaneous unfortunate accidents, bad luck,
much mess, causing trouble and swearing, yelling and blaze of anger.





I’m always hungry. I don’t know why, but it's true.


And at the moment I’m really hungry, and I don’t know where I can find something to eat! There’s this man who promised to give me food if I came with him, but now he’s yelling at me a the whole time! And he lied about the food; there’s nothing for me to eat, and I am sooo hungry – maybe I’m starving, and he wouldn’t care!


“Nobody cares that you’re hungry, kid.”


He was not very nice to me! He also called me a monkey and a ‘heretic’. I don’t know what a ‘heretic’ is, but it doesn’t sound very nice! Then he said that I’m dangerous – but I’m only hungry! Maybe it was a bad idea to raid their bags in the night? But today he took me to a really really big room. There was a woman in a see-through dress; I think, she is very, very strong, because the man yelled at me, but he whispered very quietly when he talked to her. And he looked at the floor while he was speaking, as if he was really very afraid of her – it looked really funny!


But best of all, at her side, there was the sun! He must be the sun, because his hair has the same color, and it shines, too! The woman said, he is a ‘Konzen’. I don’t know what a Konzen is, but I think, there are more of these Konzen-things, and that’s the reason why the sun is sometimes shining brighter than usual. The more of these Konzen-things are together, the more light the sun gives. Like fireflies, you know? I like fireflies very much; they are soooo funny! When you only have one, you only have a little light, but if you catch more, they shine brighterc but it’s sad how they always die so fastc though fireflies are not as loud as this ‘Konzen’. It was an accident that I pulled his hair out – really! I went over to him and pulled on it, but only a little, to see what it would feel like, because I wondered if it is hot like the sun or not. If it’s hot, I thought, then why doesn't it hurt to have it on your head all the time? Then I thought that maybe it doesn't bother him, like snakes – there are poisonous snakes and you die when they bite you, but when they bite themselves, nothing happens! And I said that I’m sorry. And I really meant it! But he yelled at me, and that woman on the big chair laughed and said that I’m his pet from now on, and then he yelled at her!


I hope, the other Konzen-things are not as loud, because if one of them is so loud, and there are many of them in one room, they’ll all be REALLY loud! My ears hurt at that thoughtc but maybe that would be the thunder, when it's raining sometimes, and the lights come from the sky? Yes, that could be possible! Then I heard the shattering of glass as a window broke somewhere behind me thanks to the blow of his voice. The woman smiled calmly at him, and the man who brought me here sat on the floor with wide eyes, staring at Konzen, really shocked from the noise he had broken the window with.


Behind the woman stood another man who looked even more serious than Konzen, who said that she can’t keep me here in heaven, but she smiled and said she can do whatever she wants, and that they have to deal with it. Because they have to do what she want them to do. Suddenly, it was silent, and my empty stomach chose that moment to grumble very loudly. The next thing I knew, everyone was looking at mec but I can’t do anything about it! When I’m hungry, I’m hungry! My stomach doesn’t care about the people around me, or if it’s time to eat or not!


No matter how long they kept looking at me, the grumbling only grew louder; it wouldn't stop until I ate something, and that was what I said to them. Then the man who brought me here yelled at me again. He said that I “didn't show any respect,” and that I “don’t know where I am”. How should I know, when nobody tells me!? All I want is something to eat, then my stomach will be quiet. It’s so easy, so why do they always yell? Isn’t one broken window enough? I can hear them fine, I’m not deaf!


Then the women shoved us all out of her room, and said loudly that Konzen has to feed me, because he had to take care of me whether he wanted to or not because she said so! He wasn’t not happy about that, I could tell by all the frowny-lines on his face, but he took me with him anyway to another room with big windows. They weren't broken, and I wondered how long that would last with his loud voice. There was also a table full of paper – maybe he would let me draw on some? I like drawing; all the colors I can use, and I can draw cats and dogs and flowers really well! But as I reached for one of them the man hit me and told me (or should I say he screamed at me?) that I should be quiet and shouldn't disturb him, because he had a lot of work to do and no time to play with me.


So now I’ve been sitting on the floor in the sunny patch by the windows the whole afternoon watching people came in and out of the room, bringing more paper for Konzen. Konzen always looks at them angrily and throws stuff against the door after them. But one of them was really nice – he brought me a plate of meat buns and talked with Konzen and me, asking about my name and other stuff. I told him that I didn't have a name, and he looked at Konzen and said if he had a pet, he would have to take care of it and give it a name. Then I asked about the other Konzens, and he said that there are no other Konzens, why I was thinking that there had to be others? So I explained to him about the fireflies and the thunder and the bright sun.


And Ten-chan – that’s not his actual name, it’s Tenpou, but he said I can call him Ten-chan, because that sounds nicer – laughed at me! Even though I was really, really serious about it! I don’t know what he thought was so funny; I only want to know where the other Konzens are and if I can see them! I want to know how they make the sun shine! But maybe I was wrong and they don’t have to be in the same room to make the sun shine, because this one Konzen was alone here all the time, there are no others like him here. The people that brought more paper weren’t nearly as bright as he is! He was the only blond I've seen the whole time. But after he stopped laughing, and Konzen glared at him, Ten-chan told me that there is only this one Konzen, and whispered Ten-chan that that is a good thing, making Konzen hit him on the head with some of his papers. Ten-chan also told me that the sun doesn’t need anyone to shine, and Konzen is his name and not his kind. I’m not sure if I understand, but that doesn’t matter. When there is no one looking like him, why does he need a name to make himself different? You only need to look at himc or can’t they see that well? I don’t get it...


When he was done explaining, Ten-chan saw the blond hair laying on the floor and asked about it, so I told him that I tore it out, and how much Konzen yelled and the woman laughed, and Ten-chan started to laugh again. Konzen was mean, and stood up from his table and hit him, but when he turned around again, Ten-chan made funny faces behind his back! I had to laugh too and then Konzen was really, really mean and hit me as well!!! Konzen yelled at us and he yelled that Ten-chan had his own work to do, so he should get the hell lost and I should eat the meat buns and stop talking and bouncing around and disturbing him, but I hadn’t done much! I’d just sat there and looked at him! There wasn’t much more to see; the room is boring, the walls are white and empty. Lots of space to draw a big picture on, I thought with a grin. Yes, I thought, I'll paint him flowers on the wall, and houses, and birds and a big bright sun! That would make him happy, I was sure, because everyone is happy if they have a fun picture on the wall, right? But when I looked into his face I saw that he still looked angry. I decided I would draw the picture later, because every time I started moving he shouted that I had to stay where he told me, and not even try to wander around alone, because I’m stupid enough to get lost and he didn't want to search for me.


Maybe he is still mad at me because I yanked his hair out? How was I supposed to know that it came off that easily? The strand of hair was lying beside my plate on the floor, shining in the sun. If put it back on his head, would he be happy? Maybe then he would smile a little? But first I needed something to keep it on his headc I looked around, but then I had a really great idea!!! I got up from my spot on the floor and reached for the cup of honey next to Konzen’s tea: “Can I have the honey?” I asked nice and quietly. Konzen looked up at me as he said “Do what you want, but don’t brother me, monkey.” before he went back to looking at his papers, so he didn't notice the strand of hair in the my hand, and that I dunked the end of it into the honey. That was my luck, because he couldn’t do anything about me getting behind him faster than he could blink, and, before he could react, smearing the whole pot of honey all over his hair and pressing the loose strand onto it.


At first, all Konzen did was stare. And as he felt a trail of honey running down his cheek he he started yelling again, even louder than before: “Damn monkey! What do you think you are doing?” he roared. But I wasn’t scared, and I returned “I was trying to help! Look, I fixed it! When the honey is dry, it will be alright again. And better than before, because now it smells good!” I smiled brightly at Konzen whilst petting his hair happily. “Now all is all right again I made it all right!” But I was sooo wrong, because instead of smiling, he frowned even more, and yelled. “You! YOU! I swear, I will kill you! Didn’t I tell you to never touch my hair again?!?”
“But I made it better! It won't come out any more, I promise...
“And I promise you, if you always act this stupid, you won't survive a single week!” was all he said and with those not very nice words he stormed away. I asked where he was going and he said he was going to the bathroom to wash the mess I made out off his hair, and that I have to wait until he is back, and if I set one foot out of that door then all of hell is coming to get me... That is really, really NOT fair! I only tried to help! When I yank his hair out, he yells at me, when I glue it back to his head, he yells at me, too!
That. Is. Not. Nice!
And it wasn’t a mess, it smelled sooo good!


I wish I had more of that honeyc it tasted so sweet, but there isn’t much left that I can lick from my fingers. What should I do to make Konzen smile? The whole day he’s looking either bored or angry! He didn't smile at anyone, not once the whole day long.
But I will make him smile, somehow, if he wants to or not!


TBC.