Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Client ~Their Promise~ ... the continuation... ❯ Sweet Client ~Their Promise~ ... the continuation... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sweet Client ~Their Promise~ ... the continuation...
Note: Since the fearsome foursome finished the journey to the west here, I concluded that they returned back as gods in heaven... with the sober sun god, the innocent great sage, the ever-smiling field marshall, the Western Sea Dragon King, and of course, the incorrigible general of the Western Heaven Army. The title is based on the 14th episode of Gensomaden Saiyuki, as the title says (where Gojyo was followed continuously by a persistent child, Meiho.).
"Mou! Where is he?!" cried a woman of 22 years of age... she had that consistent long brown hair, and she still wears the emerald necklace around her neck, just in case he would still remember her.
It's been too long since he saves me and my family... where is he? Are they still alive? Is he still alive? Kami... let them be alive... they saved all of Shangri-la from the evil claws of youkai, and they stopped the revival of Gyumao... I promised to have a date with him when I see him again... so... I continue to keep my mother's necklace, as his mark that I was that little girl who continued to follow him all day just to save my mother and father. I hope he'd still remember me...
Meanwhile, in Tenkai...
"AHHCHOOO!!!"
"Yare yare, Kenren... you've been sneezing for two weeks and you're still smoking?" Tenpou asked. "Kenni-chan, are you allergic to your own cigarettes?" Goku asked with his huge, wide, yellow eyes. "OI! Quit staring, saru! Can't you see I'm sick?" the general retorted. 'Tch! The monkey's right! maybe I'm smoking too much... Better get some fresh air...
"Oi, I'll just go down there to forget this sneezing," Kenren said as he opened the door. Before anyone could say something, he already left. Tenpou and Goku looked at each other, while Konzen ignores the whole thing and continues with his paper work. "Let him do what he want, at least he has something to do other than being cooped up here in Heaven," Konzen said as he continues to stamp papers. The marshall and the Itan just shrugged.
Down in Shangri-la...
"Hmm, nothing interesting here... Ooh! Pretty! Ah, another pretty one! So much for thinking that life here is boring! There's just too much pretty girls down on earth! I'd rather stay here, I think... Oof!" Kenren stumbled as he was looking on another pretty girl smiling at him.
"Ooh, I'm so sorry, sir! I didn't see you there!" a woman apologized as she tried to pick up the apples that fell from her paper bag. "Itte... huh? Oh, you don't need to apologize, I'm the one who wasn't looking... here, I'll help you out," Kenren also picked up the other things that fell from her bag. When Kenren picked up a peach, and when the woman picked up another peach, they looked at each other... and the woman almost cried at delight.
"G-G-Go...jyo?" the woman said weakly with her hands covering her mouth and tears threaten to fall. "Hn? Who are you calling? Me? Wait..."
Gojyo... Gojyo... Sha... Gojyo... that name... so long ago... that was my name here in Shangri-la...
"Nee, do you still remember me? I'm Meiho! See? It's this necklace the reason why I've waited for you for ten years! You told me the day before you left that when one day, we'll see each other again, I'll just let you see this necklace so that you'll recall me and then we'll have a decent date! That's what you want because you didn't accept my necklace as a price for what you did for saving my family! You saved my family on that night! I was that little girl who followed you all day! Hey.... please remember... Gojyo..." Meiho started to cry. "O...OI! Don't cry! I... I'll try to remember you... Wait... Meiho..."
Meiho... Meiho... little girl who used to follow me all day... on that restaurant... Because I thought she was just bluffing to pay me... The little girl with brown pigtails... that energetic smile... with her in a yellow shirt... I think...
"AH! I remember now! Meiho! Gojyo... I'm not that man anymore... I've changed..." Kenren said as he patted her head. "Not.. that man? What do you mean?" Meiho asked with large brown eyes. Kenren slapped his hand on his face. Oh, boy... this is going to be a long one.
"Well, you see..."
"So that's it...? I remember now... you said that you'll defeat Gyumao... you and your friends... You see, mom told me everything about it... about the legendary foursome traveling to the west... Once they finish the Divine Mission... they will return back to Tenkai... because that's why they were here in the first place... to save all of Tenjiku. Some say that once they were gods once more... the Goddess of Mercy will erase all of their memories on their existence here in Shangri-la... so they'll never be able to remember all of their horrible and bloody experiences here. You're one of them... the fearsome four... The Sanzo monk, who's now the sun god Konzen Douji... the Monkey Deity Son Goku, the Youkai, who's now Tenpou Gensui... and... the Hanyo... who's now... Kenren Taisho..." Meiho reached out to him as soon as she said his name.
"Meiho, I... Look, I'm sorry I never told you this before... it's too hard for me to say this.. I thought I'll never see you again... I thought I'll never fulfill my promise to you.. seeing that we travelled to Tenjiku, we never expected to be alive... to succeed after this..." Kenren was cut off short by a finger on his lips. "Shh... I've heard enough... thank you for trying to explain to me... You know what? That short hair looks good on you!" Meiho said with her cheery smile.
Phew... and I thought that this was a long one. "Thanks... I tried my best to keep it in good shape everyday. Anyway, Meiho, how did your mother knew about the legend? I mean, I myself didn't even know that we're legends!" Kenren waved his hands frantically as he picked up all of Meiho's paper bags. "Well, let's just say that we visit the Kinzan temple a lot of times... and also, we hear from the monks themselves that one of the gods, the sun god, Konzen Douji, was the grumpy monk I saw when you four were traveling together! So.. that's why..." Meiho said shyly.
"Oh..." was all Kenren could say.
Upon reaching her home, Meiho's parents quickly recognized the fiery hair and eyes upon the man who was with her. "Meiho! You found him!" they both said with joy. "I'm so sorry for the trouble we caused you on that night, it must've been hard on beating that youkai," Meiho's mom said with a bow. Kenren couldn't say anything at the family's hospitality towards him. Sure, people see him as a god, but still, it still feels awkward to him.
All Meiho could do is laugh at the situation, seeing Kenren panic at her mother's sudden behavior of letting the general eat anything.
That night...
The veranda on Meiho's home seems so calming to Kenren's vision, and also the fact that the clean air there seems to filter his lungs, which is by the way why he came on earth on the first place: to see some awesome sights. So, he walked up to it and saw Meiho standing there.
"Oi, Meiho, what are you doing at this time of night? It's late you know, you might catch a cold... AHCHOO! ...Like me... *sniff*" Kenren took out a piece of tissue from his pocket and blew his nose. Meiho could only laugh at the sight.
Little that they knew, that two pairs of eyes are watching them from across the room.
"Anata, we will be so happy if these two would end up together," the female voice said. "Oh, I don't know... What if the heavens knew about this? What would the people say that our child is about to marry a god general from Tenkai? This would be a shame..." the male one spoke. "Don't fear, dear. I'm sure that this young man will never abandon our little child, he is a general of Tenkai, after all," reassured the female voice. The man just sighed deeply, filled with loneliness and of happiness. Happiness because his only daughter already found the man whom she owed her life to and will only devote herself to him. Loneliness because he knew what would happen if a kami would marry a ningen and try to stay here on earth.
"They will be banished. Here on this land and there on heaven. Goddess of Mercy, give them strength to let this love of their bloom than a thousand sakuras. Please..."
And in Tenkai, a certain goddess just huffed in delight, seeing one of her followers this submissive to her.
"Don't worry, I'll grant your wish."
"Kanzeon Bosatsu-sama! Are you sure you want to do this? What if... that will happen again? Another being will have great grief again... since... the prince of war tried to be with the goddess, Rinrei," an older man appeared behind the woman who was sitting rather lazily at her throne beside a seem-to-be lifeless god of war.
"Oh, just shut up, Jiroushin. That shouldn't have happened if he weren't a half human. Remember, I can do anything. I hold their fate. And if I say that they'll be together, they'll be together. Case closed."