Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ A New Comer ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“ Sure. We might have to play low though. I don't want my cards to get blown away.” Keiko laughed.
The two crouched down lower and began to play the card game. Hakkai looked over at Sanzo who seemed more relaxed than usual.
“ You seemed relaxed.” Hakkai said looking at Sanzo from the corner of his eye.
“ Well, Goku has something to do and he's not complaining or fighting with Gojyo.” the monk said.
Hakkai laughed, “ Told you this was a good idea.” he said.
“ Yeah yeah.” Sanzo muttered.
After awhile Goku and Keiko stopped playing. She shuffled the deck up and was about to put them away.
“ Hey, you wanna play a game of poker?” Gojyo asked before she put the cards away.
“ Okay, but how about we play Texas Hold Em' instead. And to make it more interesting, we'll out in money.”
“ Pretty confident I see. Okay you're on.” Gojyo said.
Keiko shuffled the deck and dished out the cards. Keiko reached into her bag and pulled out about 300 bucks, “ I'm only betting 100 for now.”
They started to put in more and more money until both of their 300 bucks was up for grabs. Gojyo, of course wanted to put in more, but it was all that Keiko had.
It got time to finally show their hands.
“ You go first.” Keiko said.
“ Fine.” He said. He revealed his cards, “ Four of a Kind” he laughed.
“ That's good, but, mines better.” Everything feel silent. Sanzo turned around to see if she had done it. “ Straight Flush.” she said. She grabbed the money, “ I believe this is mine.” she said. She put it in to the very first pocket of her backpack and sealed it up.
Goku laughed at the water sprite. Even Sanzo and Hakkai were chuckling a bit.
“ You just got your ass kicked by a girl.” Sanzo laughed.
Keiko put the cards away and put them in her backpack. She leaned back against the seat to relax for the first time in a long time.
It got close to nightfall and the group decided to camp out since the next town was still far off. They all set up a tent thing and made places inside of it.
“ Well, I'm going to try to get a fire started.” Hakkai said leaving the tent.
“ Me and Goku will look for some fire wood.” Sanzo said leaving with Goku.
That left Keiko and Gojyo by themselves. Keiko looked at him then her backpack and unzipped the pocket that held the money. She grabbed Gojyo's 300 bucks. She got up and walked over to him. He was staring at the night sky from the tent and didn't hear her come over to him.
“ Here.” she said handing him the money.
“ What?” Gojyo said looking at the money then her.
“ Take it. I don't need it. This is your money. You can have it.” she said with a smile.
“ Thanks.” he said taking the money from her.
Keiko sat by Gojyo and looked up at the sky filled with stars, “ They're beautiful, aren't they. I can't remember the last time I looked at the stars.” she said.
“ How long have you been on the run for?” Gojyo asked without looking at her.
“ About a year now. A long tiring year.” she laughed. “ Did Hakkai tell you everything?”
“ Yeah but, it's doesn't matter. We all have secrets in this group.” Gojyo said.
Hakkai finally got the fire started. Sanzo and Goku returned shortly after he got it going. Gojyo and Keiko joined the others around the fire.
Once again like in the jeep, no one was talking. Keiko looked around trying to find something to talk about. She looked around the fire at everyone. She smiled a bit and then looked up at the perfectly clear night sky scattered with stars.
“ Well, I think I'm gonna go to bed now. I'm kind of tired.” Keiko said. She got up and was walking to the tent without a word.
“ Goodnight Keiko.” they all said in unison.
She stopped suddenly and turned around. She smiled, “ Goodnight everyone.” she walked into the tent and grabbed her backpack. She turned it to the side with no zippers and laid her head down. Within minutes she fell asleep.
Soon, the four guys put out the fire and walked into the tent to see the sleeping Keiko. Her legs were curled up a little. He mouth was slightly open and her breathing was steady. She shivered a bit and flipped over.
Hakkai walked over to her and grabbed a blanket that he had had in one of the bags. He covered her up. “ Sleep tight Keiko.” he said.
The next day Keiko woke up earlier than everyone else. She had already folded up the blanket and cleaned up a bit so it would be easy for the rest of the group to get everything packed up again. She walked outside to shake off another blanket that she had found on the floor. When she was walking in she stumbled a rock right outside the door. She let out a small scream and landed directly on top of Gojyo.
His eyes snapped open. He was looking straight up at the very embarrassed Keiko. Her cheeks were a bright red.
Sanzo was woken up by the girls voice. His eyes went wide at the sight he saw., “ What's going on?” he asked.
Gojyo pushed Keiko away, “ Nothing.” he said.
“ I just tripped and kind of landed on top of him.” Keiko said still embarrassed.
Soon, everyone was up. They loaded everything into the jeep and began their drive to the next town. Keiko was bored out of her mind. Just sitting there watching tree after tree after tree pass her by. They were driving in another forest.
Then suddenly demons came flying at the car. Hakkai jerked the wheel. He slammed on the brakes. The jeep came to a stop and they all jumped out including Keiko.
Keiko remember that now, she didn't need to use only her fist. She ran to the jeep and unzipped her backpack while the demons were saying stupid things to the Sanzo party. She pulled out two medium size daggers.
“ Enough talk already! Let's fight!” Keiko said. She ran towards one of the demons at full speed and did a flip so she was behind it. She plunged the two daggers into it's back. It disappeared.
They all were fighting one. They just kept coming. It was like a forest full of these morons. She had no doubt in her mind that some of these were her parents assassins.
“ This girl looks nice.” one demon said from behind her. He grabbed her arms and held them behind her back.
“ Get off of me you ugly pig!” she yelled. She threw the daggers backwards hitting the demon and killing it. She grabbed her daggers and killed another one. She was about to kill another one when she noticed who it was. She stopped dead in her tracks.
“ Hello Keiko. Long time, no see.” the demon said teasingly.
“ I'm not afraid to kill you.” Keiko said in a warning tone.
“ I know your not. You're just a mindless killing machine. Your whole family knows it.”
“ Shut up!” She charged at him and tried to do a front flip over him but he slammed her to the ground.
“ KEIKO!” Hakkai yelled killing the last demon besides the one that had smacked Keiko down.
“ I'm fine.” she said in a soft voice. She kept looking down with tears in her eyes. “ Why….why did you….why did you turn this way? I still remembered after I killed my own family and before I left…what you said. You were the way I was. Why did you change?” Keiko said in a low tone. Despite her pain she stood up. A tear fell down her cheek.
“ I have to admit that physically you got stronger. But mentally, you are still the same stupid girl you have been for the past year.”
With all the strength she had, she ran towards the demon full speed and tried to attack him, but he disappeared to fast.
“ You stupid girl” he said behind her. He smacked her again.
“ Enough!” Sanzo said. He aimed his gun at the demon and fired three shots.
The fast demon disappeared before the bullets could even get close to him. He reappeared in a tall tree, “ Don't think I'm not gonna be back. I want a real fight.” with that, he was gone.