Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ Emerald Green Eyes ❯ Emerald Green Eyes ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Emerald Green Eyes
 
A/N: Hello there everyone! This little one-shot was inspired by a scene in the Saiyuki fanfic called “Enemies, right?” by nimblnymph, thus, I dedicate this one-shot drabble to her. Also, onii-chan is the informal way of saying older brother in Japanese, normally I avoid Japanese word usage in fanfics, but, for some reason, I could only see this word being used in the fic. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the story. : )
 
--,--
 
Those eyes…
 
“I knew you would come…I knew it…” Kougaiji watched as his sister weakly smiled up at him. To see her so hurt like that-so defenseless-it made his skin crawl. He felt an untouched anger boil inside of him at the thought of what Gyokumen and her “scientist” did to his little sister.
 
That smile…
 
Whenever her lips curled up in such a way, he was reminded of the first time he saw her. She had been just a small child, one hand had clutched at her mother's kimono and the other hand fell loose to her side. A green sundress had adorned her body as a wide grin (which showed a few missing baby teeth) grinned up at him. The only difference between now and then was in the purity of her upturned lips…A part of her purity and innocence was tainted by unwanted experiments and indifference when it came from the love of her “mother”.
 
“I knew you would come, onii-chan…” Barely a whisper as he picked her up in his arms and made sure that her naked body was covered as best as it could be with the rather small blanket. His arms tightened around her, he wanted to protect and contain whatever little amount of dignity Gyokumen had left for her own flesh and blood. He could feel as Lirin snuggled her head into the white fabric of his shirt and heard the muffled, “Onii-chan…” once again.
 
Those words…
 
At one time he had hated her whenever she had spoken them; had held his hatred against her mother against her. In the beginning when she would copy his every step and mimic his every word, the time when she would never leave him alone, when she just aggravated him beyond reason. He would send her glare after glare-now warm eyes that display care towards his younger sibling-once were cold. But, then one day, it all changed.
 
That laughter…
 
Even now, when he body was used for harmful and heartless experimentation, when her logic had probably told her numerous times that her onii-chan wouldn't be there for her in the end, when she was so drained in body, soul, and mind-she let a giggle leave her small frame. “I'm just happy to see you, onii-chan, I knew you would come. I just knew it.” It had been that same laugh that had drawn his attention to her once upon a time. He could still see the memory as he turned around and faced her, annoyance had been on his face, and he had spoken of how he wished that she would just disappear, yet, she had only said, “But, you're my onii-chan.” She hadn't said anymore-hadn't needed to-for he finally made contact with her eyes.
 
Those eyes…
 
Back then he had gasped in shock, found his mind saw her in a different light, but now he only saw her as Lirin-his little sister-all because of that bit of chance when he decided that it was worth a shot to look. And, what did he find?
 
Those eyes…
 
They're emerald…
 
Just like mother's…
 
“I knew...onii-chan.” Lirin fell asleep in his arms. Kougaiji smiled; he would always be there for her, after all, emerald colored irises only sparkled when they were happy.
 
--,--
 
A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this one-shot/drabble as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please tell me what you think of it in a review! : ) On another note, take care everyone. : D
 
-Lily-