Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction ❯ Old Mistakes ❯ Old Mistakes ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters that appear in Saiyuki, but I do own a pair of star-crosses lovers.
 
 
Old Mistakes
 
 
~*~
 
I smiled as realistically as I could at the young man attempted to flirt with me while drunk, however, his eyes kept rolling down to my breasts. I felt my eyetwitch before I smiled and waved as if someone was waving to me.
 
“Wait here, I just saw my friend, I have to thank her for introducing us,” I said, it was a blatant lie, he had wandered over and sat down with me. I walked off, waving at him before rushing for the stairs, the party was an absolute mess. I looked over at the bar, the party upstairs had drinks brought us and served up there, down here, normal people sat, after coming from the street, even a few of the other guests of the inn. I took a stool and smiled at the bartender. He took my order and I sighed as I sipped on the drink, what a waste and I had to stay until my uncle was done, the only reason I had been here was because he wants to sell me off to the best, well richest, man he can find.
 
“Where did you come from?” a voice asked and I turned to look into a pair of red eyes under a mop of red hair. A taboo child, a spawn of humanity and demon kind. I smiled at him as I took him in, a traveler, probably staying in the inn.
 
“Didn't you here that thud?” I asked in a serious manner and he looked confused.
 
“What thud?” he asked and I smiled as I stroked his chin.
 
“The one I made when I fell from Heaven,” I whispered and his eyes widened as he grinned a cheeky grin.
 
“I think I like you, baby,” he said and I leaned next to him, my drink in my hand.
 
“Really, it must be my winning personality,” I stated, thrusting my shoulders forward and making my beasts jump. He laughed and I smiled as I dumped the contents of my drink on the front of his pants. “I hardly think you're interested in me for my interests or personality. Excuse me.”
 
The back porch was cold and I stood in a revealing gown and stared into the darkness, I saw a form in the edge of the forest and my heart pounded. I quickly looked back, no sign of any witnesses; I quickly bound over the guardrail of the porch and rushed to the forest. He was there.
 
He leaned against a tree, staring at me, a small smile on his lips as I approached. I smiled at him as I took him in, his tall form, broad shoulders, creamy skin, and dusk-colored eyes. I felt sad as I took in his robes, an off-white cream color that was different from his skin. I hated those damn robes and I threw myself at him, burying my face against the robes that could be with him day after day.
 
“You came,” I sighed in joy and he stroked my back lovingly.
 
“Of course,” he said in that rich, seductive voice. I smiled into his chest, rubbing my cheek against the robes that could be with him day after day when I was only given a few hours with him each week. “Aren't you cold?”
 
“I'm with you, I'm never cold,” I said as I held him. Something was different and I looked up at him. My fingers traced the red dot on his forehead, under his golden hair. “I wish I could always be with you.”
 
“We could run away,” he suggested, again, making me drop my head to his should and I smiled against his neck.
 
“I can't, but it's a fun dream,” I sighed against him and he held me tighter. I closed my eyes, it felt so right.
 
“I love you,” he said and I opened my eyes again to look at him. I stared at him in shock.
 
“You do?” I asked and he nodded, stroking my cheek.
 
“I always have,” he said and I felt the tears welling up in my eyes.
 
“Then why didn't you come to me?” I asked, not sure where the words were coming from but letting them. He looked down at me.
 
“My master locked me in my room at your uncle's orders,” he said. “I tried climbing out the window but by the time I got there…it was too late.”
 
“We were supposed to run away that night!” I yelled and he held me tighter, the wind around us whirling.
 
“I know,” he said and I stared at him. “I love you.”
 
“I was so scared!” I cried, trying to break free from the arms of the man I loved.
 
“I know,” he said again, his arms holding me tightly against him. “I love you.”
 
“It hurt so much!” I sobbed, my hair no longer up but wild, blowing in the wind.
 
“I know, I'm sorry, I love you,” he chanted and I screamed.
 
“I wanted you to be with me! I said your name before he grabbed my throat!” I howled and he nodded again, keeping me trapped in his arms.
 
“I know, I'm sorry, I love you,” he kept chanting and I howled, struggling against him.
 
“I wanted to marry you, bear you sons, live my days with you! He wrapped his hand around my throat and stopped my breath!” I wept, the wind slowly dying around us as he held me tightly to him.
 
“I know, I'm sorry, I love you,” his voice gentler now. I rested my hands on his shoulder.
 
“I don't blame you,” I whispered and caught his cheeks, bringing his face down. “I miss you.”
 
“I know, I'm sorry, I love you,” his voice was soothing and I looked at him. My hair back up in its formal style and my gown untouched by the wind. I looked at him.
 
“Thank you,” I said, reaching up to press my lips against his in a cool, sweet, innocent kiss. “I love you, Guotin.” Light enveloped me and I felt at peace…finally.
 
~*~*~
 
“Wow, that was cool!” Goku chirped as he approached Sanzo. The woman was gone and the others stared at the priest for a moment before an old man approached them dressing in priest's robes, handing a bag with Sanzo's payment to him.
 
“Thank you, young monk,” the old man sighed. “At long last she can rest.”
 
“May I ask who she was?” Hakkai said with his normal gentle smile.
 
“Her name was Tao, she was an orphan of two wealthy parents, raised by her uncle, he wished to use her to gain power. She fell in love with a young man by the name of Guotin. He was the fourth son of a rather poor family so Tao's uncle refused the match. They met in secret until Tao's uncle paid Guotin's family to force him into a monastery,” the old man looked at the inn. “Tao's uncle would take her to events at the inn, they were held weekly back then. Guotin would come here and Tao would sneak from the party to meet him. It is believed they became lovers while Guotin was preparing to take his vows to become a monk.”
 
“Really?” Gojyo chuckled, looking at Sanzo, who was simply counting their pay.
 
“Yes, sadly, Tao's uncle found out about their secret meetings and had the head monk of the monastery lock Guotin in his room. When Tao went to meet Guotin, she was met by her uncle. He killed her in a fit of rage, leaving her body for the scavengers to devour. Guotin told the head monk of his meetings with Tao and the head monk put it together. Tao's uncle was slain and Tao's fortune was given to the local monastery in accordance to her will. I swear on my master's grave, you, young monk, are the spitting image of Guotin.”
 
“So that's why you hired him to dispel Tao's spirit,” Hakkai said with a smile and the old priest nodded.
 
“Tao's spirit has been haunting this place since her death, ever year on a night like this, when there is an event at the inn, people report seeing a beautiful young woman. When a man follows her, he comes back with white hair, seeing the rage of Tao's spirit for not being able to find Guotin,” the priest said sadly.
 
“Why didn't he free his dead girlfriend's soul?” Gojyo asked, lighting another cigarette.
 
“Sometimes people can't face their mistakes,” Sanzo stated, closing up the moneybag and heading back to the inn. “You three shut up and go to bed, we're leaving early in the morning. The priest watched the group leave and nodded his head, looking at the spot where Tao has stood in all her beauty. Even when her rage caused her to become almost demonic in appearance, she didn't look any different from the last time they had met.
 
“Too true, young Sanzo, besides, she would never have recognized me as an old man,” Guotin said as he began to walk back to his monastery.