Sakura Wars Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Taisen:Zero One ❯ Freaky Coincidences ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The rest of the Bladers ran towards the wreckage, screaming the names of those trapped in the now dismantled Kobu. They were even more surprised when they saw the trapped ones were miraculously unhurt, save from the fact that they were rendered spiral-eyed and motionless from what happened moments ago.

"You guys certainly have devil's luck," sighed Rei, as he and the rest helped them get on their feet.

"Uh," said Kyoju, pointing to their backs, "speaking of the devil..."

The group was rendered silent when they saw the Kobus open up, releasing a blanket of steam. When the mist cleared, the pilots, who were getting of their respective mechs, were revealed and were approaching the group. The youngsters were astonished when they saw that the pilots were all young women.

"What you did is very dangerous," said the tall woman with dark green hair, which was tied back in a bun. Apparently, she's the team captain and the oldest in the group. "You have seen that you had not only put your lives in jeopardy, but our lives as well, with your thoughtless actions...."

"It's useless explaining that to them, Captain!"

Everybody looked in the direction of that voice and saw that it was the violet haired woman from before, and was rejoining her team's ranks.

"Oh, Sumire. I'm glad you're not hurt...." said the Captain.

"That's not the issue!" Sumire-----for that was the violet-haired woman's name-----interrupted. "It's these insolent urchins. First, they didn't obey our instructions of leaving this place; second, they tinkered my Kobu without my permission; third, the did an unauthorized use of it; fourth, they interrupted our battle; and last but not the least, they ruined my Kobu! I strongly suggest that we give them the strongest punishment for those reckless actions...starting with you!"

"W-w-who.....m-m-meeeeeee?" stammered Takao, whose head was still spinning from the previous events.

"Yes, and not only you, but those of you involved in ruining my Kobu!!"

"Waiiiiiiiiit.." Said Takao, "before you....do...anything...."

"Give us a moment."

He, Kyoju, Max and Hiroya all went to the back part of the railings...and in perfect synchronization....barfed.

When the boys regained their bearings, they all faced this strange group. When the woman named Sumire insisted that the boys should get punished, the tall, blond woman named Maria reminded her that they are the military and therefore, have no right to punish civilians.

"Then let's bring them to the nearest police station and lock them up there!!"

"Oi, oi, Sumire" another tall, redhead woman, whose name was Kanna, interrupted. "We're talking about minors here. The best thing they'll get is a thorough scolding, and remember, we're the ones who'll get in trouble if we go out in the open. We still have our secret identity to take care of, in case you forgot."

Sumire was seething with anger and said, "But we just can't let these imps go scot-free!"

"She's right," said Kohran, the braided, bespectacled girl from before. "These kids don't have any bit of respect for the Kobu. They called this great machine names, and worse, they thoughtlessly tore one of them down!"

"Hey wait a minute!" cried Takao, who couldn't maintain his silence anymore. "It's not as if we had turned that thing into a joyride gone wrong on purpose!"

"On purpose or not, you should have heeded our advice and left while you can!!"

"Wait! Please don't fight, minna-san!"

"Sakura!"

The blue-haired girl named Sakura earnestly said, "Please don't fight. Kohran-san, Sumire-san, please remember that this is what happened when I first joined the former Teikoku Kagekidan. It's not these boys' fault that this happened..."

"Sakura-san, yours is a completely different case." Sumire curtly interrupted. "You're OUTSIDE the Kobu when it reacted to you. These kids purposely went INSIDE!"

The boys looked at each other helplessly and gave out a "what's going on?" look on their faces.

"Wait a minute!" the bespectacled Kohran said. "Come to think of it, Sakura-han seems to be on something. We seem to be forgetting one very important thing!"

"And what is that?"

"Spiritual power! Those who have none cannot make the Kobu move, much less do this to them,' motioning to the wreckage, she continued, "It only means one thing: these kids are anything but ordinary. They seem to have a considerable amount of spiritual power somehow."

"That's just ridiculous! How can..." Sumire angrily said, but the captain interrupted her and said, "Now that's a thought." Turning to the group of youngsters, she said, "Please tell me who you are and what you're doing here."

And they did.

The captain mulled over what the boys told her and said, "Interesting."

"But I wonder what that Bey-thingy had to do with the Kobu," said Kohran.

"Well don't ask us!" said Hiromi. "As you can see, we're merely civilians who were caught in the crossfire!"

"It may be good that you had realized it but it's too late! The damage has already been done and you have to pay for it!" insisted the violet-haired Sumire.

"Hold it!" said Hiromi. "Whose robot was the one who first got damaged in the first place?"

"What did you say, you insolent girl?!"

"Why, wanna fight?!" The two girls were poised to pounce at each other, with their respective parties restraining them, when the captain said, "That's enough!"

The groups were silenced as she continued, "There's a lot that happened today, and at the same time, there are unanswerable questions that appeared today. That being said, Team Hana couldn't do so much now, and we must all return to the base. Like what Maria and Kanna had said, it's not up to us to deal with civilians."

"But Captain....."

"Had I made myself clear, Sumire?"

The aforementioned reluctantly held her silence as the Captain turned to the boys, "As I had said, what you did is very dangerous. But on the other hand,...I guess what you did is what can be called as a blessing in disguise. If we look at it in another way, if it wasn't for your intervention, I wouldn't be here talking to you right now. So in a sense, I owe my life to you boys, and I thank you for that."

"Aw, shucks, it was nothing," said Takao.

"But..."said the Captain, "please don't do it again."

The boys stared bug-eyed at her as they said,

"All right."

A rumbling sound startled and momentarily frightened the group of Bladers as they saw that it was a huge vehicle entering the wrecked arena. But seeing the vehicle open up, bring out huge cranes and took in all of the Kobu, including the dismantled one, it dawned on them that it was nothing more than an oversized service conveyor, and it was affirmed when the pilots and the captain started to board the said vehicle. The group was relieved, but Takao said, "Yo, wait!"

The captain looked back and said, "What else do you want?"

"You couldn't just leave without at least telling us who you are and what your group is?"

"Lily Beckett, Field Marshal and Captain of Team Hana, main division of Neo-Imperial Capital Defense Force. Like always said, don't tell anyone what you just saw," she turned back and started to climb towards the conveyor's entrance as she continued, "but it's pretty useless saying that, since those reporters always manage to dig something out of this. Well, you kids just stay out of trouble. Till then, if we ever meet again, that is."

The Blading group could only stare at the conveyor vehicle, as it promptly closed up, levitated to the wrecked ceiling and flew off.

"That.....is....simply.....weird" said Kyoju.

"Please slap me," said Hiroya. "Slap me and wake me up."

(SFX: BUGSH!!)

"OW! I said slap, not punch!"

"Whatever," said Takao, "The outcome's the same. And you aren't dreaming, pal."

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

Everyone almost jumped out of their skins from Hiromi's scream.

"What the hell is going on with you, Hiromi?!" yammered Takao.

"The letters!" Hiromi exclaimed. "We forgot to ask them about the letters!"

"Hey!" said Kyoju. "Now that you mentioned it, the lady said something about the Neo-Imperial Capital Defense Force!! Where are the letters?"

"Right here," said Rei.

Kyoju looked at one, gasped and said, "They DO have something to do with this! Look! The sender is the head of the Imperial Capital Defense thingy!"

"Freaky," said Takao and Max.

"Yep," seconded Rei, "We ARE into something."

Hiroya looked at the letters and said, "What? You geezers also have that?!"

"What do you mean?" asked Takao.

"Wait," said Hiromi, "You couldn't also have.."

As he whipped out an identical envelope, the gang was freaked out even more as he shouted, "Oh yes! Those big-shots aren't mistaken in choosing a genius like me for the job! WAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

"This is no time to fool around, if you don't get what's happening."

Looking back, the gang saw that it was Kai, who hasn't been with the gang when all of the events happened.

"Where have you been?" asked Kyoju.

"Let's just say that I've been listening to everything that was said moments ago. And I had long guessed that these women had something to do with the letters, hearing the words "Neo-Imperial Capital Defense" from them."

"Oh yeah," said Takao who is as usual miffed by Kai's know-it-all stance. "Leave it to the great Kai to clarify things for his moronic team-mates. So what does our true genius make out of all this?"

"Save your insults for what is in store for us in the coming days." Kai retorted. "For all that I can make out, it seems that whoever made these letters is the same force behind those women. And whatever they're into, it's inevitable that we would get swept in as well. And it's all because of the fact that we own the Bit Beasts."

"Whoa," said Rei. "Come to think of it, those women aren't ordinary at all. I felt another kind of strange power from them..."

"Oh, let's get over it!" Hiromi said in exasperation. "We're just going around in circles. There's only one way we could find out the answers to our questions."

"And how's that?" Takao asked smugly.

"Haven't I told you may times?! Answer the summons! Go to the place stated in the letter! I can't believe how dense you guys had become!"

"And who are you calling dense!?"

"Would you please stop fighting!?" cried Kyoju, as he pointed to the outside. "And we better get outta here. You don't want to be caught on TV in this kind of place!"

"TV?!"

"Oh no....reporters!"

And the Blading group promptly ran out of the wrecked coliseum as helicopters and OB vans from different TV stations drove right into it.
Those boys are really strange," said Kohran, as she inspected the wrecked Kobu in the conveyor's hangar. "I can't believe that there could actually be males who could have that much spiritual power to do this to the Kobu!"

"I am not surprised," said Maria, who was also overlooking the same heap of steel. "Remember, this is more than eighty years beyond our time. For some reason, more males with strong spiritual energy are born into this period."

"And it baffles me even more." said Kohran, "If it is so, why do we, the original Hana Gumi, had to be frozen up for more than eighty years, given the fact that this kind of men will be born in this period? It's quite a waste of effort and hydrogen."

"Yes, and it's also a waste of our time and our very lives!"

"Sumire-han?"

"I don't like this period!" said Sumire, who also overlooked the heap of steal that was her Kobu. "The people here have absolutely no taste and style, no appreciation for the arts, and worst of all, no manners! Just like those obnoxious children! I really regret the day that I was stupid enough to consent to this body-freeze thing!

"Oi Sumire," said Kanna, who was standing behind her. "Stop being so obstinate. This IS our duty as Team Hana. And besides, those same obnoxious children that you say did save our butts if you think about it."

"She's right," said Sakura, as she and a little blond girl with a teddy bear walked into the hangar. "These children did save our lives, and we must be grateful to them"

"Sakura!" Sumire angrily harrumphed. "Stop saying such nonsense!"

"Sumimasen! Sakura said as she continued, "It's just that,....it's just that I have this strange feeling that we will see them again."

"WHAT??!"

"Oh no," groaned Kohran, "Not them. They're the Kobu's bane!"

"I NEVER want to see those imps again." Sumire maintained.

"But we will." The little blond girl said.

"EH?!" "What do you mean, Iris?"

"We will see them again. I'm sure we will." Iris, the little blond girl with the teddy bear, said quietly as she stared out of the conveyor-ship's window.

"Those boys are strange....."

"And I don't like them. You don't like them too, right, Jean-Paul?" said Iris, as she clutched her teddy bear closer.
Settling into the base, the conveyor and let out the Kobus for repairs, and Team Hana promptly retired to their headquarters, as the captain filed her report to the Major.

"And that's my report, sir."

"Hmm.....Beckett-kun, it seems that you haven't noticed anything."

"What do you mean, Major?" said Beckett, taken aback.

The Major laughed a little as he said, "Oh well. The only thing I can tell you is that this isn't the last time that you'll be seeing those boys."

"But Major......."

"You have concluded you report, right?"

"But..." sighing in exasperation, Beckett nonetheless saluted and said,

"Affirmative, Major Oogami."

Rather dejectedly, Beckett walked out of the room and into the hall, still mulling over the major's words. {Is it possible that these boys are involved in the Major's plans?}

Looking outside the window of his room, Major Oogami watched the falling of the petals from the nearby cherry blossom trees. {Beckett-kun.....it's amusing that she's so much like me eighty years back. But as her past reports say, even her determination isn't enough to keep the team together, much less effectively repel the enemy. And that's where good ol' Hayata comes in. And what a chap he is, having the eye to detect the right men for the job. Or the right KIDS, in this case.}

He turned his gaze to the array of photos and bio- data on his study.

{BBA Bladebreakers..I can't wait to see what these kids have got.}