Sakura Wars Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Taisen:Zero One ❯ Admitted, but not Welcome ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The boys were all eyes and thumbs when they stood on the elevated ramp where the officers were. The predominantly female crowd was all agog and raved on how cute the new recruits were up close. The noisiest were the children, who were too eager to get close to their Beyblading idols. But despite the brouhaha, Team Hana, with the obvious exception of Sakura, remained rather indifferent towards the newcomers.

"I guess I need not introduce these boys to you, since I can see that you are familiar with them," said the Major, "but for the sake of formality and for those who don't know them yet, I'm gonna do so. These kids are from the BBA's team that won in the last year's International Beyblade Tournament. Ladies, let's welcome these boys who will form our newest division, Team Goma." Then, he turned to the boys, handed them the mike, and said, "All right, boys, kindly introduce yourselves."

Takao took the mike and said, "Kinomiya Takao, ichiban no bureeda na no des (Number one Blader)!"

"He doesn't have to say that," muttered Hiromi as she facefaulted.

"Hiwatari Kai"

"Mizuhara Max. Pleased to meet you, everybody (said in English)!"

"Kon Rei. Yoroshiku onegaishimas (pleased to meet you)!"

"That boy really looks freaky," whispered Kohran, "Just look at those eyes and fangs. He's a real-life were cat!"

"But you've gotta admit that he's cute," said Kanna, "And just hear those girls swoon over him!" And true enough, most of the females in the room were screaming as the catboy introduced himself.

"Er........the bespectacled beanpole shyly said, "Boku no Tamanogawa Yuuji desu. They call me `Kyoju'."

"I wonder how that kid could see with all that hair in his eyes?" asked Kohran.

And as the mike was passed on to Hiroya, he fell silent for a few seconds before screaming into the mike, "Sakuma Hiroya, tensai bureeda man! WAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

A definitive silence and mass face faulting dominated the people in the room.

"Well.....looks like we have an energetic lot here as we can see," said the Major, "Boys, since you can see that there are more than two hundred of us here, I will just introduce you to the people whom you will work with the most. Okay, Team Hana and Team Kaze, go up here, right now."

A few groans were heard from the aforementioned, but knowing this is an order, they all followed nonetheless.

"Okay then," said the Major, passing the microphone to Beckett, "I'll leave the rest to you."

Nodding, and without further ado, she started, "Well, first of all, the man who spoke with you is the Commander of the Neo- Imperial Capital Defense Force, Major Ichiro Oogami. We get all the orders from him, and of course, this gentleman at the right, Lieutenant Shuei Hayata, helps him. He is basically the reason why you are here, because he's the one scouting for new members, and as you know, he had went as far as the BBA....."

"So YOU'RE the one responsible for all this!" Takao said in a raised voice.

"Takao!" Rei said warningly, "We're in the presence of authorities....."

"Whatever. No matter who he is, I don't like the way he does things like that."

"Please understand," said Hayata, "I am only doing what I am supposed to: accomplish the mission that was given to me. I admit that I did pull strings and got a bit too far, but please keep in mind that all of this is for the sake of the citizens of this country...."

"I know I know," Takao harrumphed, "If not for that, I'd give you what you really deserve whether you're a big shot or not....."

(SFX: BUGSSSHHHHHHHH!)

Promptly giving Takao an uppercut, Hiromi yelled "FOR ONCE, WILL YOU PLEASE WATCH YOUR MANNERS!!!!!"

A massive sweatdrop hung over the ceiling at that moment.

"Whoa, missy" said Kanna, "You're rather violent for a girlfriend......"

With an oversized head, Hiromi yelled, "I'M NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!"

At that, the massive sweatdrop fell down and momentarily drowned the audience.

Even Beckett was so stunned that it took a long time before she finally managed to say, "O...kay. I guess that makes things clear. Let's move on. These girls are the ones that you'll be closely working with. Let's start with Team Hana."

"This is Maria Tachibana, the team's assistant captain. If you have any concerns about military matters, she's the one whom you should talk to. She'll also be in charge of your basic training."

"Probably you have seen her many times on TV, but for the sake of formality, I'll introduce her fully to you. This is Sumire Kanzaki, Touted as this network's to star and is also the frontliner in the battlefield as well."

"This is Sakura Shinguuji. She may not be the best performer, but she has one of the best fighting abilities we have. Her interpersonal skills are a bonus."

"Hi," said Sakura, waving at the boys.

"No kidding," muttered Takao, "She's the only friendly one around here so far."

"This is Iris Chateubriand, obviously the youngest in the group. Also a celebrity in her own right, speaking may not be her best skill, but her psychokinesis sure is."

"Hiya," said Max, "You're a cute one!"

"Wow!" said Hiromi, "Your teddy bear's cute! What's his name?"

But the little girl withdrew and backed off.

"What's the matter?" asked Hiromi, "Did I scare her?"

"Please pardon us," said Beckett, "Iris doesn't take kindly to strangers."

"Weird girl," mumbled Takao.

"Okay then," said Beckett, "Let's continue. This......uh......towering lady here is Kanna Kirishima, the muscle of the team in all senses of the word."

"Hiya kiddies," said Kanna with a rather impish grin.

"And this one with glasses is Li Kohran, the official mechanic of the division. She's the one in charge of most of the jobs involving our fighting machines, the Kobu."

"What? Cobra?" Takao said, obviously to egg the aforementioned.

"I TOLD YOU IT'S NOT COBRA!!!!"

"Okay, okay" said Beckett, "That's enough. Boys, so that's Team Hana, The team with which you will be sharing the battlefield with. Next is Team Kaz, the people in charge of the mostly technical stuff around here."

Pointing to the tall, auburn-haired lady, Beckett said, "This is Ameliw Barrameda, a recruit from Spain. In the broadcast studio, she's the chief of operations, and that goes with her work in the battlefield as well."

"This is Chi Zhou-ming" motioning to a slender girl with long black hair, "head technician of the studio and control center battle support."

"Shiori and Saeki Hamada, supplies control and management of the network, and the main technicians of the control center."

And finally pointing to the girl with short, dark- brown hair from before, Beckett said, "And finally, this is Shaina Corpuz, a recruit from the Philippines. She's the main data manager, and also in charge of Team Sora, which are composed of those kids back there who are making such a ruckus....."

"Please excuse me, Captain!" said the aforementioned, as she hastily ran down the ramp and tried her best to calm down her rambunctious wards, telling them to settle down and wait for the chance for them to get close to their Beyblading idols.

"Well then," said Beckett, as she motioned to the people on the ramp, "so those are the people that you'll be in constant contact with on the job. So girls, what do you say? Why don't we give them all a warm welcome?"

"Geez! Takao piped up, "I haven't been dealing with girls, but I guess that's the way it is." Reaching out his hand, he said "Put `em there!"

"Yeah" said Max, doing the same.

All were surprised when suddenly, Sumire slapped the two boys' arms forcefully.

"OW!!" cried Takao, "What did you do that for?!"

"How dare you!" cried Sumire, "You have such nerve to be so open-facedly rude after what you have done to my Kobu!!"

"Oi, Sumire!" Kanna said warningly.

Hiromi strode to the violet-haired woman and said, "Now WHAT's your problem, lady?! Don't tell us that you haven't gotten over what happened last week?!"

"Why, if it isn't the insolent girl! That's it!" and with that, Sumire turned away and walked down the elevated ramp.

"Sumire-kun!" Beckett said warningly.

"I don't want to waste my time on these street urchins. Train them for all I care. But make sure that they won't get in my way!"

"Well, that's Sumire for you," said Kanna as she shrugged her shoulders."

"Captain," said Maria, "shall we begin with the new recruits' briefing now?"

"That can wait until tomorrow. Right now, these boys need to rest and settle in their new surroundings."

"Then, I guess I don't have anything else to do" and with that, Maria turned and also walked down the ramp.

"I guess I also have to beat it, then," said Kohran "I still have work to do." And the bespectacled girl also went down the stage. The quiet Iris also followed suit.

"Wait, minna-san!" cried Sakura. She followed, but not before bowing before the boys with an emphatic, "Sumimasen!" The towering Kanna shrugged her shoulders and cast the boys a half helpless, half apologetic look as she followed the others that were making their way out of the room.

"Girls!" Beckett said, but seeing that it was too late to stop them, she turned to the Major.

"Yare yare (oh, boy)" sighed the Major, "Guess nothing has changed for the past eighty years," Giving the dismissal, the people in the room made their way outside the room, leaving the boys staring at one another.

"Guys," said Hiromi, "Are you sure you want to work with these kind of people?"

They fell silent for a few moments. Finally, after staying silent for the duration of the previous scenes, Kai said, "Those women aren't letting us into their turf that easily. Looks like we have to fight our way into it. I'm up to their challenge. How about you?"

With a weird look in his eyes, Takao said, "For once, I won't argue on that."

"So that means we won't be going to school anymore?"

"Well," said the chairman, "For the most part, yes."

"ALRIGHT!!" Takao jumped up and down on the bed assigned to him. "No school! WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

The group was now placed into the bedroom assigned to them. True to the architecture of the whole building, the massive bedroom is every bit as astounding as the other rooms. But knowing Takao, all of this has no meaning as he gleefully made a trampoline out of his bed.

"Oh no you don't" said Hiromi as she pulled him down.

"Now what's your problem o great queen of the tenth grade?! Don't tell me that you're still planning to boss me around here?! You're not included so you have no business here. Just your luck, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!"

"Laugh all you want, coz you still have to deal with HOME STUDY!"

At those words the blue haired fellow fell flat on the bed.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!"

"You heard her right," said Mr. Daitouji, "Senkaishin Naval Academy has a special learning program for those of you who'll take part in actual military work."

"And you know what that means,'" said Hiromi. "No escape from homework. And we'll make sure that you'll do it everyday!!"

The blue haired fellow groaned and rolled in his bed, as the people around him laughed.

"Looks like those girls aren't the only problems your only problem now. Speaking of which, those girls ARE a problem."

"You said it," said Kyoju, "Since they are actresses, they can be very moody and volatile. But whatever their mood is, they will never welcome the likes of us."

"That makes things more complicated," as Rei was saying this, he stared outside the window and continued, "Considering that those bunch of brats ARE in this force, and therefore, a lot more capable than us in battle than us, who are just fresh recruits. And from the likes of it, it's as if they're looking down on us."

"Aww who cares?" said Takao, "They can look down on us for all we care."

"You just don't get it," facing the group, Rei said, "Those women will NEVER want to work with us. And that will badly reflect on us in battle."

The group fell silent, apparently affected by these words.

"Oh, cut it out!" said Hiromi.

"Hiromi?!"

"So what if those girls don't want you around? It's their problem, since it's their superiors who wanted you here in the first place. And just think: why did they add you into this Force? It's because those girls can't defeat those monsters by themselves!! And being the egotistic brats that they are, they can't accept the fact that they will be needing the help of kids younger than they are, and BOYS at that! So no matter how much they don't wand to accept you, they'll eventually be forced to. It's for their own good!"

"She's got a point," said Kai, "Besides, they're only 6 against the 254 who seemed to like our presence."

"Right on!" said Max, "If they can't accept us, we'll find a way to make them!"

"BLADEBREAKERS, GO!!"