Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ Little Moments ❯ My Brother, My Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author; Ipperne
wordcount; 654
Pairing; Shinrei/Hotaru
Disclaimer; I do not own Samurai Deeper Kyo or any of the characters, no money is beeing made uot of this, it's for entertainment only and no harm intended.. It all belongs to Akimine Kamijyo, I'm just playing while wishing that I was that good.
 
My brother, my love.
 
Hotaru. That's your name. You say so anyway, but I don't understand it. But somehow I've never understanded you.
I never understood how it was to be you. I've never been alone. I've alway had my family, my friends, Keikoku.
But Keikoku, no Hotaru, you were not all alone either, you had me, even though you never knew, I was there for you, I helped you from the shadows.
And then, just like that, you were gone.
You left the Mibu to travel with Kyo. And then you became Hotaru of the Shiseiten.
And when you returned and lived your life as Keikoku of the Five Stars.
But you were only Keikoku of the Five Stars, so that you would get the chance to fight Kyo, am I right?
I am. You showed it at your gate.
Kyo is everything to you, isn't he?
He is. I know... I know because you warned him as he left. You live for Kyo. It is because I want you to live for me? I don't know.
But Keikoku, no Hotaru, why did you save me if Kyo is so important to you? If Kyo is right?
I guess it is for the same reason that you're lying here with med right now, isn't it?
It is. I think that Yuan mannaged to teach you other things than the art of physical fire. He taught you the value of friends and family, but I don't think you know. Your soul is on fire.
You, as Hotaru og the Shiseiten is alive and burning with deep passion. Not only passion for a good fight, but a deep, burning passion for everything that you do.
And Keikoku, no Hotaru... it's difficult to remember. But Hotaru, do you know that I have that passion too? And do you know that it's the laws of nature that says that oppisites attract each other?
And do you know that, the more you did to oppose me, the more I wanted to know you? To talk with you, to hold you and even to kiss you?
And do you know that it's your own fault that we are here together now? Because you have spend your whole life trying to become everything that I am not, just to save my life in the end, and prove that we really are opposites. In every single way. When I wield water, you spray fire. When I get friends, you won't allow people to get close. When I love, you hate. And when I wear layers of clothing, you barely mannage to cover your magnifficent body. And when I want to kill you, you save my life, even though I never deserved it. And last night when I wanted to push you away, because you deserve better than me, you reached out for me and held me close.
And now, Hotaru, I got it right this time, the sun is peeking through the curtains and the light is dancing in you hair. Your hair, that has the same colour as your flames, and the same colour of your passion. But you are sleeping right now, and I'm wide awake as I usually am at this time.
But for the first time in years, I don't want to get up and start my morning routine. I want to stay here. In my bed, the place where you are at the moment. And I want you to stay with me forever, and it hurts me everytime I realize that I have to push you away to keep you around. But that's the laws of attraction, and it's your nature. And someday, just someday in the future, our future, it will become a part of my nature too. And when you wake up I will tell you this and you will say that I think too much.
But it's okay to think, right?
And Hotaru, one last thing, I love you.
* * * *
please R&R, it's polite