Samurai Deeper Kyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tempered Restraint ❯ Tempered Restraint ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
TEMPERED RESTRAINT
A 1-hr Challenge Samurai Deeper Kyo Piece
By Miyu, Vampire Princess

Challenge Theme: GETTING WHAT YOU WANT AND GETTING WHAT YOU NEED ARE
NOT THE SAME THING.

Author's Note: Not sure what this was meant to be in the end, but this is what one hour of my time (and my strange muses) will get you. No citrus of any kind...not yet anyway.... Standard disclaimer follows the story.



"Will you just...hold...still!"

Kyo groaned, then flinched as a cold compress was slapped on his shoulder. The coolness of the cloth hurt almost as much as the cold steel that had created the wound. A few deep breaths and the pain was forgotten. He was a warrior after all. Pain was nothing to him. The wound would heal and he would be fighting again soon enough.

The attack had been concise. Three to one. Well...three to two as the woman with him would have everyone believe. They came straight at him. Through her. His keen mind knew exactly what their plan would be. He saw through every punch, every sword slash.

But he missed the part where he got shot.

And with Yuya's gun no less.

Embarrassed and angered he threw the blame where he thought it was warranted. 'It's her fault for getting in the way,' he'd told himself over and over. It was the truth. She put herself in harms way. And he hated it. Never would he admit to such a truth, but it existed.

"I'm really sorry," she whispered again, cleaning up the dirty water and used cloths laying all about. She did not look at him. Out of fear? Her own embarrassment perhaps? She knew he was angry and wasn't sure what else to say.

Another apology. The fourth in as many minutes. Kyo sighed, shrugging his shoulder. It hurt, but not like before. The compresses were actually helping. "It's only a scratch. It will heal."

"Even still...." she paused, daring a glance at him. He stared back at her. The look in his eyes spoke volumes of his anger, but there was something else, moving just below the surface. It added a tint of yellow fire to his eyes that she usually only saw when he was fighting. "You're angry with me. And you have every right to be."

He sighed again. The pain of his shoulder now forgotten as another pain started to come to life. It was one thing for her to clean up. Another for her to look sad and vulnerable when she apologized.

But it was something new for her to look so damn hot through it all.

Her cleavage was clearly visible every time she bent over. And when she was facing away from him, he could see the line of her back down to the curve of her bottom. When she knelt, the flesh of her leg was visible up to her hip. She may have been a woman, but she was also a bounty hunter. Pudgy, maybe, but in good shape.

Had he been a weaker man he would've given in to instinct. But the warrior refused to lose this battle. He would not give in to what his weak body wanted. What he knew Kyoshiro also wanted. Had wanted from the first time he'd met the young woman.

"Perverted freak," Kyo muttered to himself, willing his body to relax. He closed his eyes. One breath then another. He forced himself to focus. There were things to be done.

'A woman to be had.'

Kyo grimaced, Kyoshiro's voice ringing through his mind. A woman, huh? He supposed his lesser self was correct. How long had it been since he was with someone of the opposite sex? How long had it been?!

Too long, they both agreed.

And they both agreed that Yuya would slate the hunger they felt.

But how to go about it was a different story. While Kyoshiro would've been awkward, eager and too forward, Kyo had other ideas in mind. Careful seduction. Calculated titillation. After he knew she was melting, he would move in for the kill.

'This is supposed to be a passionate coupling, not an assassination attempt,' Kyoshiro criticized.

'It will be something else entirely,' Kyo thought, opening his eyes.

But he found himself alone. No more water dish. No more cold compress cloths.

No more Yuya.

He stood too quickly, his knees buckling under him. Cursing Kyoshiro's weak body he headed for the door. From one side of the rundown house they called "haven" to the other. She was nowhere to be found. Vanished, as if he imagined her.

"Kyo?"

Yuya jumped as he whirled upon her. His eyes spoke of different emotions than before. Sure the anger was still there, but that yellow fire had grown. What was it, she wondered.

But the thought was gone as she found herself swept into a tight embrace, crushed against him. She was surprised that she could hear his heartbeat, feel it pounding against her hands pressed against his chest. Or was that her blood pounding in her ears? Her own pulse suddenly sped up, her heart threatening to push free of her chest.

"Kyo?!"

His hold slackened, but he refused to release her. He feared nothing. Nothing! Yet he'd never felt a touch so cold as the clenching around his heart when he'd thought she'd left. Never felt relief so great as when he heard her voice. Felt joy at the sight of her, the feel of her pressed against him.

"Kyo," her voice was trembling, but she tried to hide it. "Your shoulder...."

"It's fine," he replied, his own voice strained.

"I'm--!"

"Don't say it." He was quick to cut off another apology. "It's not your fault."

"But--!"

"I need to get stronger. I need to get my body back. My real body instead of this worthless...thing."

'Hey!'

"I need to beat the Mibu." He pulled away slightly, looking down at her. "But my greatest challenge, what I really need right now...."

"Shhh." She placed her hand over his mouth and giggled at his stun expression. "You don't need to finish. I know."

He blinked. She knew? How? Had she gained some mystic knowledge when he wasn't looking? "You know?"

"Mm-hmm," she replied with a nod.

He expected her to hug him. To press herself against him in an effort to ease his suffering. To kiss him as he had dreamed about. His body tensed, waiting. Anticipation thickened his blood, as well as other things. He expected her to come on to him as she had done so subtly many times before when he wasn't looking.

He DIDN'T expect to be pushed away.

"Wha--?!"

"What you need right now is a bath," she said. Her face was scrunched into the strangest of expressions, her hand over her face to cover the hideous look. She turned on her heal, practically running down the hallway. "I'll start the fire," she called as she disappeared behind a door.

Kyo sighed once more. An opportunity missed.

And another one waiting.

When he should have cursed, he smiled.

'Who knows? A bath might be...fun.'


The End....

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters presented in this ficlet. Not mine. No. I'm simply borrowing them for the short time it took me to write this. Me not getting any money, so you no sue please.