Scooby Doo Fan Fiction ❯ Me and My Shadow Demon ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

While Velma, Shaggy and Scooby were in the dining room, playing hide and seek with who knows how many horrible monsters, demons and creepy creatures, inside Befuddle Hall's laundry room Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam wondered what they were going to do once the youngest member of the ghost chasing team told his friends he had been hearing some strange noises.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the trio of sleuths huddled up in the middle of the room trying to think of a plan.

"Fred, I have a bad feeling that some of those noises are some of that woman's party guests." Daphne remarked.

"I hate to say it but I think you might be right, we have to figure out a way to hide from whatever's coming." Fred replied.

"Yeah, but where can we hide?" Flim Flam remarked.

"Hmm, I've got an idea; see those laundry baskets over there?" Fred said pointing to three oversized brown baskets in a corner of the room; the blond college student then noticed something white sticking out of each basket.

Once the unofficial leader of Mystery Inc. saw this, he walked over the basket and decided to take a look; a few seconds later, Fred took the lids off each of the baskets and noticed that what he saw were laundry sheets, one in each basket.

"What are you doing Fred?" Daphne asked.

"Formulating a plan." Fred replied with a look of intense concentration on his face.

After a few moments of thinking, the unofficial leader of the group of detectives decided it was the perfect time to explain his plan to his fellow sleuths who looked quite confused, but were interested in the blond college student's idea.

"Yes Flim Flam and I see them, but how are those laundry baskets going to help us?" Daphne asked.

"Simple, a few minutes ago I walked over to the baskets and I noticed that there were laundry sheets inside each of them. So all we have to do is hide inside them and once the coast is clear we can use the sheets to make disguises for the three of us" Fred commented.

"I get it, if we wrap the sheets around us then everyone will think that we're ghosts." Daphne replied.

"And we can blend in with the rest of the creeps in this house." Flim Flam added.

"Right, now come on gang: let's take our places." Fred remarked.

With that Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam then quickly walked over to the laundry baskets; soon, each of the sleuths then picked a basket and a few moments later, the trio of adolescents had ducked out of sight.

A few seconds after the team of sleuths had found a safe place to hide they saw that the door to the room was slowly opening; from their baskets Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam saw the same spider that they had seen earlier standing in the doorway.

"What's that creepy insect doing here?" Daphne said with a whisper.

"Beats me, but if I didn't know any better I would say he works for whoever owns this place." Fred whispered back.

"Well let's not take the time to compare notes, let's keep hiding until he leaves." Flim Flam remarked.

"Good thinking Flim Flam, let's just hope that insect doesn't spot us." Daphne replied.

Meanwhile back inside the dining hall Shaggy, Scooby and Velma were continuing to hide from what they assumed to be the elderly woman's party guests; as they hid the cowardly Great Dane and his master shivered in terror(as if they were going to do anything different in such a situation).

While the two chickens of the group were mentally thinking about seriously changing careers, at the same time they tried to figure out someway to escape the strange conclave of monsters.

"Like how on earth are we going to get out of here, those monsters look like they're hungry and I don't think they want pizza or hamburgers." Shaggy said with a nervous gulp.

"Reah, re've rot to ro romething." Scooby replied.

"Will you two calm down, I really think your nerves are starting to get on my nerves." Velma commented.

"Like sorry Velma, we're just terribly petrified of ghosts and monsters. Shaggy replied.

"You know Shaggy, I've never heard you talk like that before." Velma questioned with a surprised look on her face.

"How's that Velma?" the cowardly college student asked.

"Well first I've never heard you use those types of words before and second, you're always afraid of whatever ghosts or monsters that we face." the bespectacled college student clarified.

"I guess all that time I've spent with you and around you I suppose all the intelligent things you say are rubbing off on me; as for being afraid of ghosts, this is way different than some of our older mysteries, these monsters and ghosts are real and they might take over the world." Shaggy explained.

"I'm glad to hear that I'm starting to have an effect on you Shaggy, but you don't have to worry about all the ghosts or monsters around here and from the chest; we're going to catch all of them and when we do we'll make them sorry they ever tried to haunt us and that they will never bother anyone else ever again." Velma replied.

"Thanks Velma, you're really a cool friend." the cowardly scholar said with a smile.

"You're welcome Shaggy, you are too." the bespectacled bookworm replied.

"So like do you have an idea to get out of here Velma?" Shaggy asked.

"Hmm… I think so." Velma said.

"Well like what is it?" Shaggy questioned.

"My plan is this: when I say three we'll simply head towards the door and hope none of the creeps see us or catch us." Velma explained.

"Like that's a plan?" Shaggy asked.

"Sure, sometimes the simplest plans are the best ones, now let's get going!" Velma replied.

"Yeah, come on Scoob." the red shirt clad beatnik commented.

"Roming" the Great Dane added.

Velma, Shaggy and Scooby slowly began walking from their hiding place towards the front of the room and what they hoped they would be an exit from the grisly room filled with equally horrible monsters, all was going well for the three sleuths until they reached a series of steps at the front of the room; Velma could see that her cowardly friend's nose was beginning to twitch a little and she was secretly hoping that her friend wouldn't do anything to give their position away as well.

"Shaggy, what ever you do don't sneeze!" the bespectacled girl said with a whisper.

"Like sorry I guess my allergies are acting up." the cowardly college student replied.

"Well just to make sure you don't, here's a handkerchief." Velma remarked handing Shaggy an orange cloth.

"Like it figures you would have a handkerchief in orange." the chicken hearted college student replied looking at the piece of cloth.

"Hey Daphne's not the only member of the group that likes to accessorize you know." Velma replied with a whisper.

"Like I guess not, thank you by the way." Shaggy replied.

"No problem, now let's get going and get out of here." Velma remarked.

The trio of detectives continued made their way up the steps hoping that someone or something didn't see them, they had made their way quietly up the steps and were now on what looked to be a stage when Velma noticed Shaggy's nose beginning to twitch again.

"Shaggy, I thought I gave you my handkerchief." the bespectacled young woman said.

"Like you did, but I guess my nose is acting up again and I don't think I can stop from sneezing." the cowardly college student replied.

Sure enough a few seconds later Shaggy sneezed loudly, this of course drew the attention of every monster and ghost that was seated in the strange dining room right to the stage where the three sleuths were standing and forced the trio into thinking up a way to avoid them becoming a part of the creatures buffet.

Back inside the laundry room meanwhile Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam were still hiding from the strange spider that was standing in the doorway; after a few more minutes the eight-legged insect scratched his head and decided to give up his search for the trio of sleuths.

"Phew am I glad he's gone." Daphne remarked, wiping her brow.

"Yeah, if those party guests that the woman we saw earlier was talking about are half as creepy as that spider we might be in trouble." Flim Flam added.

"Well we can't worry about that now; come on let's wrap these sheets around us, get out of these baskets and continue our search for the chest and the shadow demon." Fred explained.

"Right, let's get going, this place gives the creeps." Daphne replied.

Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam then climbed out of their respective baskets, opened up the door to the laundry room and walked back out into the passageway hoping that their plan would work and that no one would spot them.

Back inside the strange dining room Shaggy and Scooby were standing on stage nervously with their teeth chattering their knees knocking together as usual; meanwhile Velma was watching them and was probably the most confident of the three, but she was still a little afraid that the three of them might not come up with a plan to distract the hideous ghosts and monsters that were sitting around the room.

"Like we've got to do something Velma, we can't just stand here all night and wait for those creeps to come get us" the cowardly college student said.

"I know Shaggy, I know; wait a minute I think I've got an idea, we can do a little show for our friends here, you know a little singing, a little magic, that kind of thing." the bespectacled girl explained.

"Like Velma, have you completely lost it? You want sing and do magic for a room full of monsters, plus I thought you hated to sing." the chicken hearted college student replied with a shocked tone in his voice.

"Well I don't really enjoy singing, however they say music soothes the savage beast and maybe this plan will work, plus you two will be doing most of the performing." the bespectacled girl remarked.

"Oh great, we have to do the singing and magic while being scared out of our wits, by the way what are you going to do? The red shirted student wondered with his arms folded.

"I'll be trying to figure out a way out of here, what else?" Velma replied.

"Oh, like I guess that makes sense, I just hope this crazy plan works out." Shaggy commented.

"Don't worry Shaggy, it will work, I'm sure of it; now get on that stage while I try and look for a secret passage or something okay?" the bespectacled sleuth remarked.

"Like right, Scooby and I will give it our best effort." the red shirt clad beatnik commented.

With that Velma walked through a curtain, backstage and out of sight trying to look for a way out of their precarious situation; meanwhile Shaggy and Scooby started off their act by doing some magic, the cowardly pair brought out all the usual tricks to entertain their strange guests: pulling a rabbit out of a hat, the old colorful scarf trick, card tricks and a few other things; unfortunately the monstrous assembly was not amused and began grumbling angrily.

"Zoinks, like I guess they didn't like our magic Scoob, now what are we going to do?" the sandy haired college student wondered.

"Rhat about romedy rand rimpressions?" the Great Dane replied.

"Like good thinking Scoob, and maybe I can try a little ventriloquism too." Shaggy commented.

"Rit's rorth a rhot." the canine replied.

So Shaggy and Scooby continued their act by doing some comedy routines, along with impressions of the rest of the group and of some of the past villains that the gang had encountered; when that didn't work the cowardly pair tried ventriloquism with Scooby performing the role of the puppet, the monsters in the room were not amused by this either and began grumbling loudly once again.

Meanwhile Velma was looking backstage for an exit from the strange room and auditorium, she had been searching for a couple minutes when the orange clad sleuth heard a familiar and sickening noise; she then looked around to see where the strange sound was coming from and saw a black figure beginning to materialize, instantly the bespectacled girl recognized the figure and gasped.

"The Shadow Creature!" Velma exclaimed.

The creature laughed wickedly as the chestnut haired college student looked directly at the creature and smiled, usually someone who encountered a strange being like the shadow creature would shiver and shake in terror but for someone like Velma, it was a fairly routine occurrence and she was not frightened at all, in fact she was about ready to capture the creature as it floated in front of her.

"So it looks like you've got me Mr. Shadow Creature, but I ask you this, what are you going to do? Are you going to try and capture me, scare me to death, or turn me into a ghost? Trust me I've been there and gone through all of that, there's nothing you can do to frighten me at all fella." the bespectacled girl replied.

Once again the shadow creature laughed wickedly as it slowly approached her, but once again Velma stood firm with her arms folded which caused the creature to scratch its head looking confused.

"Yeah, yeah, you're scary I understand that, but you're not going to frighten me, don't you understand I'm not scared of you and there's nothing you can do to scare me away from here, actually as a matter of fact, I don't think you're really dangerous or scary at all, I think you're just misunderstood and need a friend." the intelligent girl explained.

The shadow creature was clearly not amused by the girl's comments and moved ever closer to Velma; the creature was now about five feet in front of her when she decided to speak again, trying to talk some sense into the creature.

"No, I told you I'm not afraid of you, there are very few things I'm afraid of, well I am afraid of clowns but that's for a whole different reason; but shadows, I don't think so." Velma declared.

By now the creature was floating right in front of Velma's face, which caused the brainy college aged sleuth to be a little frightened of this; while she wasn't afraid of ghosts or shadows, the fact that this strange creature was so nearby caused her to begin walking backwards to try and avoid him.

"Now don't come any closer, I warn you I know… well I've read about all kinds of different martial arts techniques but I can defend myself you know." the orange clad sleuth commented.

Velma continued walking backwards trying to avoid the creature, however by this time the bespectacled girl found herself backed up against the large red curtain which separated the back part of the stage area from the front part of the stage, suddenly the creature began blowing wind towards her which caused her hair and sweater to move in the sudden breeze; after a few seconds the intelligent brown haired girl started to stumble, she then lost her balance and fell right through the curtain onto Shaggy and Scooby.

After seeing who was underneath the curtain Velma apologized profusely and helped her two friends get out of the curtain; the cowardly pair were able to stand up on the stage as Shaggy and Scooby both smiled and thanked their bespectacled friend for helping them to their feet.

"Sorry guys I guess I don't know my own strength." the bespectacled girl commented.

"Like that's okay Velma, at least we're still in one piece" the sandy haired scholar replied.

As the two of them began brushing themselves off and making sure there were no broken bones or body parts, the two detectives heard their canine companion whimpering as usual.

"What's up Scooby?" Velma asked as the two teens turned to the Great Dane to see what the matter was.

Scooby pointed in front of the trio of sleuths while still sounding afraid; the college students and their canine companion saw that the strange shadow creature was still hanging around and tried to figure out someway to avoid him while at the same time making sure the monsters wouldn't start approaching them, suddenly Velma came up with a brainstorm and turned to her cowardly friends to make sure they understood her plan as well.

"Shaggy, Scooby, I have an idea that might get us out of this pickle we're in." Velma explained.

"Like what is it Velma?" the cowardly college student asked.

"Simple, you, Scooby and I are going to sing a little song, hopefully the creatures in here will enjoy it and they won't try and capture us; there's just one thing though." the bespectacled girl replied.

"And that is?" Shaggy asked.

"Well first off my singing isn't that great and second I don't have any idea what we should sing." Velma replied.

"Like that's okay Velma, I think you're a great singer plus Scooby and I were going to start singing anyway before you joined us and I think I have a great idea for a song." the cowardly sleuth commented.

"Thank you Shaggy that was very nice of you to say, so what's your idea?" the chestnut haired college student wondered.

"You're welcome, it's a song called me and My Shadow Demon; I really think it will work and hopefully our monstrous friends will enjoy it too." the cowardly college aged pupil replied.

"I hope so too Shaggy, well let's get to it." Velma said rubbing her hands together in readiness.

"Like me too Velma, me too." the sandy haired college student replied.

So Shaggy, Scooby and Velma stood on stage facing the monstrous audience and the shadow creature that was still on stage with them; said creature was looking a bit confused as the trio began singing their song, all the while the trio of sleuths were hoping that they could keep the monsters in the crowd's attention long enough to keep them from capturing the three ghost chasers.

Back in the hallway Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam were continuing their search for an exit; about ten minutes passed as the three detectives realized that there was no way out of the passageway, the trio checked behind literally dozens of doors but none of them held an exit and it looked like Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam were licked.

"Freddie, I don't know how to say this but I think we might be lost." Daphne remarked.

"Yeah I have a strange feeling that some one is trying to trap us in here." Flim Flam added.

"How's that Flim Flam?" addressed Fred.

"Well, it seems to me that this passageway is never ending and for some reason parts of this house almost remind me of something out of an old horror movie." Flim Flam replied.

"Jeepers, I wish you really hadn't said that Flim Flam." Daphne commented.

"Don't worry about it Daph, we'll figure a way out of this creepy place." Fred replied.

"I certainly hope so Freddie, there's just one thing that worries me." the red-haired sleuth commented.

"What's that Daphne?" the blond college aged leader of the group asked.

"Well, there's literally hundreds of rooms in this place, so how do we know that we can find an exit and how do we know there is an exit from this place; not to mention all the monsters that are waiting for us if we pick the wrong room to enter." Daphne explained.

"Daphne, there's only one thing to do in that case and that's to investigate each and every room in this crazy place." Fred replied.

"Sounds like a perfectly good plan to me, only where should we start?" she asked.

"Why don't we start with that door over there." Fred said as he pointed to a door, which happened to be a few feet behind Daphne.

"Oh, I guess that room is as good as any other." Daphne replied.

"Right, time to see what's on the other side of this door." Fred explained.

So Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam walked over to the door and opened it; the trio of investigators were expecting the worst as they entered the room, mainly that the room was filled with ghosts, ghouls, monsters, dust and spider webs; however for the moment the three of them were quite surprised as the only thing inside of the strange room was a desk with a chair, a nightstand as well as a lamp along with a few other items; in other words it looked to be an ordinary room, at least so it seemed.

However as the group of college aged sleuths would soon learn, this was no ordinary room but that it was actually something worse, in fact it was something quite frightening; as the trio of detectives would soon discover, this room contained a strange and terrifying surprise.

"So where should we start looking for the Chest of Demons Fred?" Daphne asked.

"I think the best thing for us to do would be for each of us to take a part of the room to search; Daphne, you and I will search this side of the room near the door, while Flim Flam, you search the side of the room near that closet over there." the unofficial leader of the group explained as he pointed out where each of the three sleuths would search.

"Good idea Fred, let's get started." Daphne replied.

With that Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam started searching the strange room; the blond college student, the pretty redhead and their young companion looked through every nook and cranny of the room, unable to find anything other than cobwebs, dust and a few assorted knick knacks; the three young detectives figured they were licked in their search for clues, but as the old saying goes: be careful what you wish for, and soon the trio of sleuths would be sorry that they had walked into the peculiar room.

Meanwhile back inside the strange auditorium/dining hall/night club, Shaggy and Scooby were singing their respective hearts out along with a guest appearance from the Shadow Creature, who had no idea what was going on and with some back up from Velma, who was secretly hoping that no one had a video camera so that this wouldn't end up where prying eyes could see it.

"Like listen to that Scooby, our public adores us!" Shaggy remarked with a smile, after he and Scooby finished their performance.

"Reah, rhey rove us." Scooby replied.

"Jinkies, I can sure agree with that, they really love you guys singing." Velma agreed.

Meanwhile Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam were continuing their search for clues, albeit still unable to find anything except what you would usually find in any room inside a haunted house, which Scooby and company knew all too well, considering their career choice.

"Jeepers Freddie, I hate to say it but I think we're back to square one, there just isn't any sign of the Chest of Demons anywhere in this room." Daphne remarked.

"Yeah Daphne I think you might be right, maybe this is a wild goose chase." Fred replied.

"Guys, how can you say that? If Vince says the Chest of Demons is here, it's here." Flim Flam said, somewhat impatiently.

Fred was just about to disagree with the young boy; however his train of thought was interrupted when something else crossed his mind, specifically a faint noise that he began hearing.

"Daphne, I have the strangest feeling about this room." Fred remarked.

"What's that Fred?" Daphne asked.

"Well, it's kind of like a soft noise of some kind, almost like a whistle." the blond college student explained.

"A whistle? Fred, how can you be hearing a whistle sound?" Daphne asked.

"I don't know, but I know what I'm hearing and what I'm hearing is a whistle, and now it's getting louder." Fred replied.

"Come to think of it I hear it too, it kind of sounds like a train to me." Flim Flam said, giving his description of the strange sound.

"I think you guys are hearing things, I don't hear any whistle or train." Daphne replied.

Before any of the three sleuths could say anything more however, the strange whistle was getting even louder and louder, now it appeared that the faint sound of a horn could be heard as well, which distressed Daphne quite a bit.

"You know I think you guys nerves might be getting on my nerves because I'm starting to hear that noise as well, and if I didn't know any better I would say it sounds like it's getting closer." the red-haired scholar remarked.

Daphne was indeed correct as the train whistle became more audible and a few seconds later a bright white colored light could be seen; it was then that the trio of investigators had to make a snap decision in order to avoid being run over by the oncoming train.

"Jeepers, that train is coming right towards us, what are going to do Fred?" Daphne asked.

"Easy, we've got to get out of the way and fast! Now here's what we'll do, when I say three jump out of the way ok?" Fred explained.

"Sounds like a plan to me Freddie." Daphne replied.

"That sounds like a winner to me." Flim Flam added.

"Good, now get ready to jump guys." Fred explained.

"We're ready Fred." Daphne said.

"I'm ready when you guys are." Flim Flam commented.

"Okay guys, ready? One, two, three!" Fred commanded as he, Daphne and Flim Flam leapt out of the way of the oncoming train; just a few seconds before it roared down the tracks and crashed through the door.

"Jeepers, that was close." Daphne remarked, with some relief in her voice.

"Man, this place might be the weirdest house I've ever been in." Flim Flam remarked.

"Trust us Flim Flam if you had been with us when we started solving mysteries, you would have seen some places that were as weird as this house, even weirder." Fred explained.

"Like what Fred?" Flim Flam asked.

"Well, when we have the time Flim Flam, we'll tell you about some of them okay?" Fred replied.

"Sure, that sounds terrific!" the young boy said with some excitement in his voice.

"Good, now back to more pressing matters, like trying to find our way out of this crazy place." Fred explained.

"Freddie, I think I found a way to get out of here." Daphne replied.

"How's that Daphne?" Fred asked.

"Simple Fred, take a look over there at the door." Daphne explained as she pointed towards the entrance to the room.

The blond college student followed the redhead's finger to where she was pointing and saw that the train had made a serious dent in the door, which gave the room an added entrance where there wasn't one before.

"Hey, good thinking Daphne, that's our way out of here." Fred remarked.

"Fred, there's just one problem with that." Flim Flam replied.

"What's that Flim Flam?" the blond college student asked.

"What if the guests to the party show up? Or what if we run into a ghost?" Flim Flam replied with his own questions.

"I anticipated you asking that Flim Flam, that's why I've come up with a foolproof plan to get out of here, with no ghostly interference." Fred said.

"How Fred?" Flim Flam wondered.

"Simple, do you guys still have those white sheets that we found while we were in the laundry room?" Fred asked.

"Sure, we still have them; but how does that help us?" Flim Flam questioned.

"Well, all we have to do is wrap these sheets around us again and everyone will think that we're ghosts." Fred explained.

"Oh, that is a good plan Fred, I guess that's why you're so good at thinking up traps and plans during you guys mysteries." Flim Flam replied.

"Well thank you Flim Flam, coming from someone from a younger generation, that means a lot; now let's get going." Fred remarked.

With that Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam dressed themselves once again in the laundry room's sheets and headed on their way to try and find Shaggy, Scooby and Velma; meanwhile the Great Dane and his companions were finishing off their musical performance and were taking yet another curtain call as the various creatures and monsters of Befuddle Hall were applauding them on their concert.

"Jinkies, I guess all the monsters really enjoyed our performance." Velma commented.

"Like yeah and I'll say one thing; for monsters, they have great taste in music." Shaggy added.

"Reah, re rere a rsmash hit!" Scooby replied.

While Scooby, Shaggy and Velma were taking their bows, curtain calls and receiving applause from the audience, the shadow creature disappeared from the stage; a few seconds later, the trio of sleuths started walking towards the door which was the exit to the room, however as Velma opened the door, she, Shaggy and Scooby saw three white figures standing in the doorway.

"Zoinks like one, two, three ghosts, oh great!" Shaggy said, suddenly the cowardly college student became somewhat dizzy and fell to the ground.

"Shaggy, Shaggy? Holy smokes are you okay?" Fred asked as the red shirt clad detective was finally coming to, after a few moments lying on the wooden floor.

"Ugh, what happened?" the cowardly college student wondered.

"Shaggy, I don't know how to tell you this, but I think you fainted." Velma commented.

"Fainted? How on earth did I faint like that?" the sandy haired student wondered.

"Hmm… if I had to guess I would say you fainted when you saw Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam wrapped in those white sheets, you probably thought they were ghosts." Velma explained.

"Like I guess I did, how about that?" Shaggy remarked, somewhat surprised that something like that had happened to him.

"Well let's not try and figure out why it happened, let's just get out of here before something happens to us." Daphne commented.

"Right Daphne." Fred said, agreeing with his female companion.

With that, Scooby and the rest of Mystery Inc. reached for the door and attempted to leave the strange room; however, a few moments later a bat flew onto the stage and the gang's gaze switched to the strange creature as they attempted to figure out why this bat was in the room.

Suddenly the bat changed into a plume of white smoke; the smoke then changed into a strange looking woman with black hair and a white streak running through the middle of her hairdo; she was also wearing a ragged red dress and looked to be related to one of the late night horror movie hosts from the 1960's and 1970's.

The woman laughed wickedly as she saw the gang and motioned for some of the creatures to move towards Scooby and company; the creatures complied with the woman's request as they brought the Great Dane and his friends back onto the stage; the woman smiled evilly as she began to speak.

"Welcome to the seven hundred and fifteenth annual meeting of the AFO-CIM, the Associated Federation of Crazy and Irresponsible Monsters, I am Queen Morbidia, your humble host." the woman said introducing herself.

"Like it's nice to meet you and goodbye!" Shaggy remarked as he and Scooby attempted to leave the room and the house.

"On the contrary, you must stay with us tonight." Queen Morbidia explained.

"You mean as your guests?" Fred asked.

"No, as my prisoners, for eternity!" Queen Morbidia replied.

The wicked woman known as Queen Morbidia laughed in a sickening and evil manner as each and every monster in the room began advancing on Scooby and company.

Naturally this caused the sleuths and their Great Dane some distress, mainly the thought of being held prisoners in Befuddle Hall forever; as the strange creatures continued to advance, Fred and Daphne found themselves clinging tightly to each other in fear and comfort hoping that somehow they could figure a way out of their current situation, in addition to that Shaggy and Velma were doing the same thing as Fred and Daphne, mainly clinging to each other in fear and comfort as they also realized that maybe they wouldn't make it out of Befuddle Hall alive.

As their friends watched in terror, wondering what the strange ruler of monsters might do to them, Flim Flam and Scooby also found themselves afraid at the sight of the strange creatures coming ever closer to them.