Scooby Doo Fan Fiction ❯ Scoobra Kadoobra ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
As luck, or perhaps fate would have it the chute that Shaggy, Scooby and Velma went down led into the kitchen, after a few minutes the three of them found themselves on the floor; Shaggy, Scooby and Velma slowly got up, brushed themselves off and looked about the room at their surroundings.

"Wow, like this sure is a creepy looking room" Shaggy remarked.

"Reah, reepy" Scooby replied.

"Maybe we can do something to take our minds off this place" Shaggy commented.

"Ri now, ret's reat!" Scooby said.

"Good thinking Scooby, some food should calm our nerves" Shaggy replied.

Scooby and Shaggy began looking through the various drawers and cabinets for something to eat when Velma spoke up.

"What are you two chickens doing?" Velma asked with an impatient tone in her voice.

"Like looking for food, what else" Shaggy replied

"Hmm, that actually might be a good idea" Velma remarked.

"Like huh?" Shaggy wondered with a confused look on his face.

"Sure, maybe the Wonder Wand is hidden somewhere in here; if we can find it then there's a good chance we can use its magic in order to defeat Maldor" Velma replied.

Velma began to help Shaggy and Scooby search for the Wonder Wand; of course Shaggy and Scooby were more interested in finding something to eat than search for the wand but nonetheless she helped them search anyway.

Meanwhile the chute that Daphne went down led into Maldor's throne room; the redhead sleuth had managed to land on a stone pedestal with soft padding but as she would soon discover, it wouldn't be the best place in the world to be.

"Where am I?" Daphne thought.

"Welcome to my little slumber party" Maldor spoke up, chuckling evilly.

"So it's you!" Daphne said with a gasp.

"Yes, and here is your hostess Princess Esmeralda" Maldor said pointing to another pedestal nearby which had a woman dressed in medieval style clothing on it, her clothing was almost the same color as Daphne's; however the woman on the other pedestal was not moving.

"What have you done with her?" Daphne asked.

"She did not give me what I wanted: mainly the Wonder Wand of Zagras so I placed her under the sleep of the centuries" he replied with a sneer.

"Jeepers, that's awful!" Daphne said with another gasp.

"Yes and I trust you'll join her!" Maldor sneered while laughing menacingly.

Daphne continued to look up at the sinister wizard's face in sheer terror as she wondered just what he had in store for the beautiful redhead.

Meanwhile the chute that Fred and Flim Flam went down led into a darkened and spooky looking room.

"Where are we Fred?" Flim Flam asked.

"I don't know Flim Flam, I just wish it wasn't so dark though; I'd like to see what I'm getting myself into" Fred remarked.

"Maybe we can find a light switch, then we can figure out where we are" Flim Flam responded.

"Good thinking Flim Flam, you check along that wall and I'll check along this one" Fred explained.

"Right" Flim Flam replied.

Back in the kitchen Shaggy, Scooby and Velma continued their search for the Wonder Wand; well Velma was still searching and the cowardly pair of sleuths were fixing something to eat.

"How's the search going guys?" Velma asked.

"Like pretty good so far, how's the stew coming Scoob?" Shaggy commented.

"Retty rood" Scooby said, he tossed a few apples and potatoes into what looked like a large cauldron.

Scooby then pulled out a strange looking spoon from one of the drawers, only it didn't look like a spoon; unbeknownst to Velma and Shaggy it was in point of fact the Wonder Wand of Zagras.

Scooby still thinking it was a spoon put the Wonder Wand into the stew and took a taste; evidently he didn't like it because he decided to add some salt and pepper to it; once again he put the spoon into the cauldron but this time when he took the wand out a trunk was in it.

Seeing this Scooby gasped and began to step backwards, after that Shaggy looked over to Scooby and wondered what he was doing.

"What's the matter Scoob?" Shaggy asked.

Scooby pointed over to the cauldron and both Shaggy and Velma saw what the canine had been frightened of.

"Zoinks! An elephant!" Shaggy shrieked.

"Wait a second, Scooby let me see that spoon" Velma remarked.

Scooby handed the Velma the spoon and began examining it carefully.

"Hmm, this doesn't look like any spoon I've ever seen" Velma commented.

"Like then what is it?" Shaggy wondered.

"I've got it, this must be the Wonder Wand of Zagras; way to go Scooby you found it!" Velma exclaimed as she patted Scooby on the head.

"Like now what?" Shaggy asked.

"Here Scooby, you take the wand for safe keeping and we'll try and find a way out of here" Velma said as she handed him the Wonder Wand.

"Right" Scooby replied.

The three of them then exited the kitchen and started to walk down a dark passageway.

Meanwhile Fred and Flim Flam continued to look for a light switch but had been unable to find one as yet; suddenly Flim Flam yelled from the other side of the room.

"Hey Fred I think I found something" he called.

"Good work Flim Flam I'll walk over and join you" Fred said.

He walked over to the other side of the room and stood next to the young boy.

"Hmm, it looks like a light switch; hang on I'll flip it on and we'll see where we are" Fred said.

Fred turned the light on and the both of them realized just exactly where they were, not only that but as soon as they got a look at the strange room they wished they were somewhere else.

"Uh-oh Fred, I think we're in trouble look!" Flim Flam gasped.

Fred saw the same two rat guards that had taken the gang prisoner before sleeping; luckily the pair of guards seemed to be sound sleepers.

"Flim Flam I think we should get out of here" Fred remarked.

"Yeah, that might just be a good idea" Flim Flam replied.

However before the pair had a chance to leave the two humanoid rat guards woke up and noticed the two of them.

"Hey you two, freeze!" one of the guards yelled.

"Great, now what are we going to do?" Fred asked.

"Fred, I think I have an idea on how to get out of here, watch this" Flim Flam said.

"Hey guys!" he called.

"What is it?" one of the guards replied.

"Look over there" Flim Flam said as he pointed in the opposite direction.

While the two rats were looking where Flim Flam had pointed, Fred decided this was a good idea to split.

"Come on Flim Flam, while they're busy let's get out of here!" Fred explained.

"Good idea Fred" Flim Flam replied.

Fred and Flim Flam ran out of the room and into a passageway; meanwhile Velma, Shaggy and Scooby after leaving the kitchen were running in the other direction when the five of them collided with one another.

"Rello Rim Ram" Scooby said.

"Rello Rooby" Flim Flam replied.

"Like, thank goodness we're all together again and that we're all in one piece" Shaggy remarked.

"Yeah but I wonder where Daphne is?" Fred wondered aloud.

Suddenly the five of them heard a loud noise that sounded like someone screaming.

"Help! Help!" shrieked the voice.

"Zoinks, that sounds like Daphne's voice!" Shaggy exclaimed.

"That is Daphne's voice and she sounds like she's in trouble, come on gang let's find her!" Fred responded.

The gang ran as fast their feet and paws could carry them into the main foyer of the castle where Daphne was still laying on a soft cushion on a stone pedestal, with Maldor standing in front of her.

The evil wizard slowly approached the red headed woman's pedestal and began to put her under the exact same spell as Princess Esmeralda: The Sleep of The Centuries.

"Spell of Darkness, Trance So Deep, now and forever sleep!" said Maldor as he finished casting his spell.

Daphne gasped as the evil wizard's spell began to take effect on her; she gave a valiant effort to keep her eyes open but it was to no avail as her eyes closed and she fell into a deep slumber.

Fred, Velma, Shaggy, Scooby and Flim Flam arrived at that exact moment and found Maldor completing his spell.

"You creep, what have you done with Daphne?" Fred asked with a tinge of anger in his voice.

"Believe me, what I've done with her will be nothing compared to what I am going to do to the five of you!" Maldor yelled as he aimed his bony finger towards the gang, out of which came a yellow laser beam and was heading right for Scooby, however because he had found the Wonder Wand the beam managed to deflect off the Wand.

"The Wonder Wand of Zagras, so that meddling Dog has the Wand!" Maldor sneered.

"Good dog, good dog, give the wand to me" the wizard remarked; naturally he was attempting to do anything to get the wand including doing a dog whistle.

Scooby shook his head and chuckled a bit as he watched Maldor try and get the wand from him, finally Maldor decided that he was finished playing around.

"Grr, I want that Wonder Wand, NOW!" Maldor growled as he took a swipe at Scooby.

Scooby ducked as he managed to avoid Maldor, but realized he couldn't avoid him for long as he began to run away from the wizard at top speed.

Meanwhile in Maldor's castle Fred, Velma, Shaggy and Flim Flam were mourning over the fact that the evil wizard had put their redheaded colleague into a deep sleep that she might not get out of.

"Poor Daphne, isn't there anything we can do for her?" Fred asked with a significant amount of sorrow in his voice.

"I don't know but we've got to do something" Velma remarked.

While the gang tried to figure out how to release Daphne from her ghastly fate, Scooby Doo was still trying to evade the evil sorcerer Maldor.

"Where are you, you blasted hound!" the wizard yelled.

Scooby looked around and found a grove of trees that had not been affected by Maldor's spell and hid behind them; for the moment the Great Dane was safe but he knew that he wouldn't be that way forever.

The wizard valiantly tried to find the Great Dane, but was unable to once again; however he knew that Scooby was still around and still was attempting to capture him and the Wonder Wand.

Inside the throne room of Maldor's castle Fred, Velma, Shaggy and Flim Flam tried everything they could think of to wake up their fallen colleague; which included trying to wake her up with an alarm clock: which didn't work, rubbing her foot with a feather: which failed as well, they even tried splashing her with a bucket of water: but even that didn't work.

"We've tried everything and we still can't wake up Daph; I hate to say it but I think Daphne might be under this spell forever" Fred said with a defeated tone in his voice.

Back outside the castle the wicked Maldor refused to give up his pursuit for the cowardly Great Dane as he continued searching for Scooby; he looked everywhere in the forest that he could think of, he looked high and he looked low but in the end Scooby was able to stay hidden.

While all of this was going on Fred, Velma, Shaggy and Flim Flam stood at the side of Daphne's pedestal with the glass enclosure now open, still hoping they could figure out someway to revive her.

"Come on Daphne wake up, I tell you what I promise I'll never complain about how much clothing you take on vacations, or how about from now on I'll be a much better leader of Mystery Inc., I'll let you drive the Mystery Machine, I'll even split us up into different teams every time we have to go look for clues during a mystery, you can even go with Shaggy and Scooby every so often or you can go with Velma if you want; if push comes to shove I'll, I'll well I'll do whatever you want do if you'll just wake up " Fred pleaded with the sleeping redhead as his eyes began to tear up, one of the tears had escaped from his eye and was now running down his cheek; Velma saw this and went over to attempt to comfort him.

"Don't worry Fred, I'm sure Daphne will wake up soon; after all she's a great friend and a great fighter, I know that somehow, someway she'll wake up" Velma replied putting her hand on Fred's shoulder in a gesture of friendship.

Shaggy and Flim Flam meanwhile had ventured over to one of the castle's windows and were noticing that Scooby was giving Maldor a major headache.

"Take a look at that Shaggy, Scooby is sure driving Maldor crazy" Flim Flam commented.

"Like yeah, I sure hope old Scoob can lure Maldor into a trap so that we can catch him" Shaggy replied.

By this point Fred and Velma joined Shaggy and Flim Flam at the window, Mystery Inc. minus one marveled at Scooby's bravery as he alone faced the evil wizard; by this time Maldor now decided to make full use of his powers and grew to the size of King Kong.

The Great Dane moved as fast as his four legs could carry him in hopes of avoiding Maldor long enough so that the rest of his friends could trap him; meanwhile the evil wizard was growing increasingly angrier.

"Scooby Doo, Where Are You?" he bellowed.

The Great Dane was still trying to hide from Maldor as he continued to drive the wizard crazy; suddenly a proverbial light bulb went on and the wizard came up with what he thought was a brilliant plan to destroy Scooby once and for all.

"Wherever you are, I'll swat you like a fly!" he bellowed.

Scooby who was still holding the Wonder Wand then somehow changed into a fly; Maldor's face then became a twisted smile as he saw this.

"So you are a fly, well then I am a flycatcher!" he yelled.

Maldor began to shrink himself down from a giant sized wizard into a small horned toad in order to capture the Great Dane; Scooby saw this and quickly flew away but still had Maldor nipping at his heels trying to devour him.

In the castle the gang continued to watch this great battle of wits when Velma came up with an idea.

"Hey, Maldor's a toad now; this is our chance to catch him" Velma remarked.

"Good idea Velma, let's get the Chest of Demons and get outside quick" Fred replied.

As the Scooby fly tried to escape Maldor, the rest of the gang arrived on the scene; Shaggy quickly grabbed Scooby so he wouldn't get caught; the sorcerer then continued hopping even though Scooby was with Shaggy but unfortunately for him he leapt right into the Chest of Demons, which Velma had been holding open; after the wizard was in the Chest, Velma closed the lid securely and locked it.

"Good going gang, we captured Maldor" Fred remarked.

"Jinkies, what's going on?" Velma wondered pointing to the forest.

"Because Maldor has been captured his spell has been broken" Zagras explained, as he had joined the gang in the castle and watched along with them as everything in the forest turned back to normal.

"Now that we've captured the ghost, I guess that's wraps everything up" Velma said.

"Except for Daphne" Fred remarked.

"It's too bad that we can't do anything about her" Shaggy responded.

"There has to be something that we can do, we can't just leave her like this" replied Fred in a somewhat mournful tone.

"I know, like there's got to be something we can do to help her" Shaggy added.

"I'm afraid that nothing can be done for her or Princess Esmeralda, they are cursed with the sleep of the centuries" Zagras responded.

"I just wish there was some possible way to wake her up" Fred remarked.

"I'm afraid that the only way to wake them up would be with the kiss of a great Danish prince" Zagraz responded.

"Where are we ever going find one of those?" Flim Flam thought.

"I know," Scooby remarked.

Scooby quickly ducked out of sight, when he returned the Great Dane was clad in a green prince's outfit complete with hat and sword.

The gang noticed Scooby's sudden change in wardrobe; and a proverbial light went off as Shaggy thought of an idea.

"Hey, Scooby's a Great Dane that's pretty close" Shaggy remarked.

"I certainly hope so, good luck Scooby" Fred replied crossing his fingers.

Scooby walked over to Daphne and licked her face; her eyes opened wide as she sat up, while the rest of the gang stood by and cheered.

"Scooby, you did it! You saved me!" Daphne exclaimed happily as she hugged Scooby.

"And now for the Princess" Zagras remarked.

Scooby next walked over to Princess Esmeralda, he lifted the veil covering her face and kissed her, however the princess didn't respond in quite the same way that Daphne did.

"My prince!" the princess exclaimed.

"Ry rosh, rot to rention Ruh ro!" Scooby responded.

Princess Esmeralda was actually a Great Dane similar to Scooby, but for some reason Scooby didn't want anything to do with her; because he began to run away from the castle at top speed with the Princess trying to track him down so that she could smother him with kisses.

Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, Flim Flam and Zagras the Wizard all stood at the castle gates watching the princess chase after Scooby; the six of them began laughing out loud as they watched the two of them run out of sight.

Author's Notes: I fully understand that most people might find some of the dialogue in this chapter somewhat corny or sappy or even Out Of Character in the case of Fred, however in the original version of this episode Scrappy actually shed a tear partly because he was upset that Daphne was put under a sleeping spell and that she might not have awoken from it.
In my version Fred pretty much does what Scrappy did in the original episode, that is tear up because of the situation that Daphne is in; Scrappy in the original version of this episode cared as much for Daphne as Fred does for her in this version and being a good friend Velma decides to try and comfort him as he is going through a tough time.