Scooby Doo Fan Fiction ❯ That's Monstertainment ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Author's Notes: Scooby Doo and all related characters are copyright Hanna-Barbera Productions/Warner Brothers/Cartoon Network.

 

 

 

No challenge to their ownership is implied; I am not making any money from writing this story, I am just a fan and I am writing this simply for fun.

 

 

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

 

 

Today or rather tonight, Scooby Doo and the rest of his mystery solving friends have decided to take a break from unraveling ghostly mysteries; however, they are unaware that they are about to encounter yet another ghost, but not just any average run of the mill spook but rather one of the most dangerous ghosts on the planet.

 

 

 

As we join the gang we find Velma, Shaggy, Scooby and Flim Flam in front of a television set in the front room of the gang's house; the four of them are settling in to watch the Late-Night Spine Tingler Movie: The Son of the Bride of the Ghost of Frankenstein.

 

 

 

"Like this is going to be totally groovy." Shaggy said.

 

 

 

"Yeah, this is one of my favorite movies, I must have seen it a hundred times." Flim Flam replied.

 

 

 

"Reah." Scooby said.

 

 

 

"You know you guys may like the Frankenstein monster and all of that scary stuff; but the parts of the movie that I like are when Dr. Frankenstein performs his experiments." Velma noted.

 

 

 

"Like why do you think Dr. Frankenstein is cool Velma?" Shaggy asked curiously.

 

 

 

"Because Shaggy, I always thought it would be kind of interesting to be like him." Velma replied.

 

 

 

"You mean like a mad scientist?" Shaggy inquired nervously.

 

 

 

"Roh no!" Scooby added, whimpering at the thought of their bespectacled friend as a mad scientist.

 

 

 

"Well yes and no; it would have been cool to have a laboratory like his but not using it for evil purposes." Velma replied.

 

 

 

"Makes sense to me." Shaggy said.

 

 

 

Meanwhile Fred and Daphne wearing bedroom clothing have each made their way downstairs and into the living room where Velma, Shaggy, Scooby and Flim Flam are sitting.

 

 

 

"What are you guys doing up, its 2 o'clock in the morning." Fred commented with a yawn.

 

 

 

"Yeah you four, Fred and I are dog tired." Daphne remarked.

 

 

 

"Rou ralled?" Scooby remarked.

 

 

 

"Sorry Scooby, it was just a figure of speech." Daphne replied.

 

 

 

"Like we were going to watch the 2 AM Spine Tingler Late Movie, you guys want to join us?" Shaggy asked.

 

 

 

"Well this is going against my better judgment, but all right I guess we could all stay up and watch the movie together." Fred said.

 

 

 

"We're probably going to need some snacks though." Daphne replied.

 

 

 

It was at this time that the gang saw a glowing figure in a chair on the other side of the room, as the figure materialized Scooby and company were very surprised to see a familiar face now sitting in the chair.

 

 

 

"I'll provide the pop, or soda if you prefer." Vincent Van Ghoul said as he materialized in the living room while holding a tray of soft drinks.

 

 

 

"And like I'll provide the popcorn." Shaggy replied.

 

 

 

"Don't forget the butter and salt Shaggy." Velma reminded him.

 

 

 

"Like don't worry I won't. Ooh, and Scooby while I'm making the popcorn can you put the Chest of Demons away for the night." Shaggy remarked as he walked into the kitchen.

 

 

 

"Rokay Raggy." Scooby said.

 

 

 

"Don't forget to set the Security Alarm System for the Chest also Scooby." Fred called out from the living room as Scooby was already at the staircase getting ready to put the Chest of Demons away.

 

 

 

"Rokay Reddy." Scooby replied.

 

 

 

As the Great Dane prepared to make sure the large red and gray box was properly hidden where no one would find it, inside the gang's television set or rather inside a television studio several miles away from the group's house an evil being prepared to set a sinister plot into motion.

 

 

 

"Our feature presentation will begin in a few moments, after these messages and station identification." the being remarked as the gang looked on.

 

 

 

The strange female creature was outfitted in a dark red colored dress, wild dark red hair and was wearing earrings that looked to be made of small bones, a crooked smile could be seen on her face as Scooby Doo and the rest of Mystery Inc. were about to get a frightening surprise.

 

 

 

"So, Vincent Van Ghoul, Scooby Doo and friends are watching my little special presentation; this is more than I was hoping for, originally I was just going to dispose of those meddlers and Vincent Van Ghoul but now when this night is over Scooby and the rest of his little friends won't be a problem anymore." the strange creature said before laughing in a sickening manner.

 

 

 

Back in the kitchen Shaggy was getting ready to make popcorn for he and his friends to enjoy while they watched the film.

 

 

 

"Like let's see, there are seven of us so I'll need seven pounds of popcorn, then I'll just set the microwave for seven million degrees and set the timer for seven minutes; there we go, the popcorn should be ready any minute now." Shaggy remarked.

 

 

 

Upstairs Scooby walked up to one of the rooms and placed the Chest of Demons inside a safe, he then set the alarm system and began walking out of the room, but the Great Dane tripped on a laser beam which set the alarm off, Scooby quickly ran out of the room and back downstairs making sure to not let the system mistake him for a burglar or villain.

 

 

 

Back in the living room Scooby had joined the rest of the gang in front of the television set as the movie was moments away from starting.

 

 

 

"Shaggy is the popcorn ready yet?" Velma asked.

 

 

 

Before Shaggy could answer, the microwave in the kitchen began to rattle and shake.

 

 

 

"Like it should be ready just about now." Shaggy replied.

 

 

 

The Microwave opened and thousands of gallons of popcorn poured out of it and spilled into the living room.

 

 

 

Seeing this Velma turned to Shaggy, arms folded and looking clearly annoyed.

 

 

 

"Well Shaggy what have you got to say for yourself this time?" Velma asked with her arms folded.

 

 

 

"Like this popcorn needs butter and salt," he replied taking a handful of popcorn and eating it.

 

 

 

At that moment, the movie came back on and the host of the show spoke; but it wasn't good news for Scooby Doo and the rest of Mystery Inc.

 

 

 

"And now for our feature presentation, presented especially for Scooby Doo and friends!" Zomba remarked.

 

 

 

"How did she know we would be watching?" Vincent wondered.

 

 

 

"Wait that's it, it's a trap!" Daphne shrieked as red eye beams shot out of the villain's eyes.

 

 

 

The beams trapped Scooby and company in oval shaped prisons similar to small mirrors made of glass and the group found themselves leaving the comforts of their living room and were being transported through the air and into the television set.

 

 

 

In a manner of minutes Mystery Inc. had gone from relaxing in their house and getting ready to watch an old horror movie, to being unwilling participants in the movie, which may prove to be their respective final fade outs.

 

 

 

Author’s Notes: I originally thought about making this chapter a lot longer, but then decided I should make it sort of a teaser to lead to the rest of the story.

 

 

 

In any case, hopefully everybody enjoys this story and all the fan fiction I may post in the future here.