Scooby Doo Fan Fiction ❯ To All The Ghouls I've Loved Before ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

With their new young friend Flim Flam now in tow, the gang arrived at the village Court House for their trial; the six of them then found themselves standing at the entrance of the building and looking inside, trying to figure out just what they were in store for during their trial.

"Come on, come on we don't have all day" the Constable said, somewhat impatiently.

"OK, OK, we're going," Velma replied

After entering the structure the gang stood at the back of the court house and took a look around, as they did so they noticed that most of the village's citizens were in attendance; next they looked towards a large area at the front of the courthouse and saw a large chair with two smaller chairs, a few seconds later the constable led the gang in front of the large area which is where they currently are as the gang looks on.

"All rise for the honorable Judge Vernon Burgermeister," announced a man standing in front of a door on the left side of the room.

The gang waits patiently for the judge as he walked up to his chair, he then sits down in the chair and bangs his gavel to bring the proceedings to order.

"Order, order, I will have order in this courtroom" the judge remarked.

"Did you say order?" Shaggy asked as his eyes lit up.

"Yes I did," the judge responded.

"Like, Scooby and I will have fifty chili cheeseburgers to go!" Shaggy commented.

"Reah" Scooby replied licking his lips.

"Enough of this!" the judge said banging his gavel once again.

"That's not what the judge meant, you guys!" Fred replied as he tried to avoid the judge finding the pair of cowardly sleuths in contempt of court.

"Sorry about that" Shaggy and Scooby remarked.

"Now that I have order will the chief constable please read the charges against the prisoners," the judge asked.

"Yes your honor" the constable remarked as he stood up and began reading from a scroll.

"The prisoners are charged with crashing in a no-crashing zone, disturbing the peace and harboring that, that young riff-raff," the chief constable said as he pointing to Flim Flam.

"Do the prisoners have anything to say before I pass sentence?" the judge responded.

"Yes we do your honor, I don't know why we're here, we haven't done anything wrong, our plane ran out of fuel unexpectedly and all we want to do is refuel our plane get directions to Hawaii and get out of here" responds Fred.

"Hmm, a likely story" the judge commented.

"But it's true" Velma replied.

"Yeah" Shaggy added.

"Hmm, very well I suppose your story checks out, I'll let you all go but on one condition" the judge said.

"What is it?" Daphne asked.

"The condition is this: I want the six of you out of here by sundown" the judge responded.

"Sure just let us get our plane and we'll be out of your way" Velma said.

"Plane or no plane I want you out of here!" the judge bellowed, sounding quite annoyed and pounding his fist on the table.

"But how are we going to leave without a plane?" Fred asked.

"Simple, the last coach leaves from the hotel at sundown and I want you on it!" the judge declared angrily.

"Like, OK we'll get going" Shaggy said.

"Right" Velma replied.

"Yeah, we're leaving right now" Fred commented.

With that the gang leaves the courthouse and makes their way back to the where Shaggy landed the Mystery Flying Machine; however as this was going on, as you might expect Weerd and Bogel were up to some of their usual evil tricks.

"Come on Weerd, help me with this plane" Bogel said, panting.

"Uh Bogel what are you doing?" Weerd asked with a confused look on his face.

"What does it look like I'm doing, I'm pulling the plane towards the castle" Bogel responded.

"Fine Bogel just fine, what an idiot!" Weerd declared as he bonked his fellow ghost on the head, with a somewhat disgusted tone in his voice.

"He he he, that tickles" Bogel responded while laughing.

"Will you cut that out!" Weerd yelled sounding impatient.

"What?" Bogel asked.

"Oh, never mind," Weerd said.

"Oh, OK," Bogel responded.

"By the way, did you forget?" Weerd said.

"Forget what?" Bogel asked, looking somewhat confused.

"That we're ghosts!" Weerd declared with a somewhat annoyed tone in his voice.

"Oh yeah, I guess I did forget that don't you know" Bogel responded.

"Anyway, we can use our ghostly powers to hide the plane inside the temple" Weerd replied.

"That's a good plan," Bogel responded.

"I'm glad you think so" Weerd replied.

"Now, Spirits of the Demon Chest hide this plane inside the castle so the mortals will come look for it and open the chest " Weerd remarked as a mysterious yellow glow surrounded the gang's plane, suddenly it disappeared from the area where the gang left it and reappeared somewhere inside the ancient temple that Weerd and Bogel called home.

"Good, now those mortals will come right to us!" Weerd stated, laughing evilly; as he and Bogel then continued to laugh evilly as they disappeared from sight.

Once the gang finally made it back to where they left the plane, they discovered to their dismay that it was nowhere around; now with no idea where the plane went Scooby and company stood around the area where the aircraft was, and as they did so they tried to figure out just where their aircraft had gone and what had happened between the time they were taken to the courthouse and the time they returned to the plane, or at least where the plane had been.

"The Mystery Flying Machine, it's gone!" Fred declared.

"That's impossible!" Shaggy responded.

"Shaggy's right Fred, we know we left the plane here but now it's gone" Daphne replied.

"Hmm, by the looks of it I would guess that the plane is inside that temple" Velma says.

"Zoinks like what a creepy place" Shaggy stated.

"Come on gang let's see if we can get inside the temple" Fred remarked.

Fred then walked over to attempt to open the large door to the temple but failed; meanwhile Weerd and Bogel peered outside the window and wondered why Scooby and friends had not yet entered; finally the two ghosts realized that Scooby and company could not enter because the doors were still locked.

"You idiot!" Weerd declared, as he grimaced at his fellow ghost.

"What's wrong?" Bogel asked.

"You forgot to unlock the doors, now those mortals can't get in!" Weerd said.

"Oh, sorry about that" Bogel commented.

"Now how are we going to get our plane back?" Daphne wondered.

"I have an idea on how you can get your plane back" Flim Flam remarked.

"What's that? Velma asked.

"I have a friend in town that can help, he knows all about the temple and should know how to get your plane out" Flim Flam replied.

"Really?" Velma asked

"Yeah, he's a powerful mystic and warlock; if anybody knows what happened to it; he does" Flim Flam responded.

"Ra warlock?" Scooby wondered.

"Jinkies, I've never met a real Warlock before," Velma said.

"Like, I hope he's a nice guy" Shaggy remarked nervously.

"Oh he's pretty friendly" Flim Flam replied.

"Well, we don't really have any other options so let's go," Fred said.

And so the gang with Flim Flam in tow started on their way to meet Flim Flam's mysterious friend, the gang walked through the main village square, which is filled with numerous businesses such as restaurants, shops and other buildings; the gang can see a small unassuming older looking building on one of the side streets.

"My friend resides in that building over there" Flim Flam said as he pointed out to the structure where his friend called home, or at least where he did his day work.

"Hmm, this looks a small restaurant" Shaggy noted.

"Looks that way to me" Flim Flam replied.

After walking across the street to the small structure, the gang opened the front door and entered into the small building; inside are numerous tables and chairs, and also a bar area and what looks like a stage, the gang look around at the various patrons inside the building, noticing that most of the townspeople are there including the mayor, chief constable and judge.

"My friend is in the back room," Flim Flam whispered as he leads the gang over to a large dark blue curtain.

Flim Flam moved the curtain aside and the gang enters into a small hallway, the hallway leads to a small room in the back of the building; Fred opened the door of the room and Mystery Inc. entered the strange room.

"Hmm, interesting" Fred noted.

"Yeah, this place looks like it's decorated in early Halloween" Shaggy remarked.

"Oh don't be silly Shaggy, it doesn't look that bad" Velma scolded him.

The young boy walked over to a dark blue curtain, standing with a smile as he prepared to introduce his friend to Scooby and company.

"Now ladies and gentlemen, I present the mystic with the most, the greatest Warlock of all time, Mr. Vincent Van Ghoul!" Flim Flam declared.

The curtain descended and the gang could see a man with grayish black hair, wearing a long black cape and a small emerald pendant around his neck; he is sitting in a large padded chair as a black cauldron can also be seen by the teen sleuths in the middle of the room.

"Yes what do you want, I'm in the middle of supper," the man said sounding somewhat impatient.

"Like I just hope we're not the main course" Shaggy remarked nervously.

Flim Flam goes over to the man and whispers loudly in his ear: "Vince got some live ones here for you".

"Oh" the man replied; he moves some things off the table and a crystal ball rises out of the table as Scooby and friends look on.

"Gather around, now what can I do for you kids?" Vincent asked.

"Well, we're looking for our airplane" Fred says.

"Ah, I see" Vincent replied as he looked into his crystal ball.

As he looked into the crystal he saw a strange image and described to the group what he was seeing.

"I believe I see your plane, it is in a temple not far from here," Vincent said.

"Terrific, now that we know where it is we can go get it and leave" Fred remarked.

"However" Vincent said.

"However?" Shaggy asked.

"The temple is inhabited by evil spirits," Vincent warned them.

"Jinkies" Velma remarked, with a somewhat surprised tone in her voice.

"Yes, these same evil spirits placed a curse on this town" Vincent explained.

"Curse, what curse?" Fred asked curious.

At that moment, two of the townspeople are listening outside Vincent's door and are trying to hear what the teenagers and their Great Dane are being told.

"He's telling them about the temple and the demon chest" one citizen said.

"Yes, we must figure how to keep these kids here" another citizen agreed.

Unaware that the citizens of the small village are scheming to keep Scooby and company from leaving, the gang listens in astonishment at what the great warlock is describing.

"Mr. Van Ghoul, what can you tell us about this curse?" Velma questioned.

"The curse is this, every night when the moon rises the townsfolk turn into werewolves" Vincent explained.

"Gulp, Werewolves?" Shaggy replied with a shaky voice.

"Yes" Vincent said.

"Oh great" Shaggy responded.

"Thank you Mr. Van Ghoul for the assistance; we'll make sure to keep our eyes and ears open for anything weird." Fred said.

"Remember to heed my warning and be careful my friends" Vincent replied.

The gang then exited the room and headed back into the small hallway towards the main part of the restaurant.

"Fred, do you think that Werewolf story is really accurate?" Velma asked.

"I don't know, but whatever happens I know that if we all stick together we can get through it" Fred replied.

The gang prepared to leave when they heard a familiar male voice from the side of the restaurant; it was one of the people they had met earlier, the chief constable.

"Leaving so soon kids?" the chief constable asked.

"Yes we really have to go get our plane so we can leave" Fred replied, trying to make a quick exit.

"Yeah we really have to get going," Daphne added.

"Oh that's too bad," another man said.

"Yes the least we can do is provide you kids with some refreshments and entertainment before you leave" one of the townspeople remarked.

"Well, ok I guess we can stay for a few moments," Daphne said.

"Good" the chief constable replied.

The constable led the gang to a large table where they sat down, not knowing exactly what to expect.

"Daphne, maybe we should leave while we can; besides who knows what these people are up to" Fred said in whisper.

"I know Fred I tried to tell them that we wanted to leave but they wouldn't have any of it" Daphne replied in a whispered tone as well.

"Like I have the weird feeling that those townspeople aren't going to let us leave" Shaggy added.

"I hate to say it Shaggy, but I think you might be right; just look at everyone's faces" Velma replied.

The gang could indeed see that everyone in the small establishment was watching them carefully; the chief constable gave a signal to another man and the man walked over to the bar to pick up a tray of refreshments, the tray had six glasses on it with a peculiar looking green liquid in them.

"Here we are: your refreshments, on the house," the man remarked, chuckling evilly under his breath.

Not wanting to offend any of the townspeople or the constable by refusing their hospitality Daphne decided to pick up her glass and took small sample sip of the green liquid.

"Mmm good" she said holding the glass in her right hand.

"Like it?" the man asked.

"You bet, what is this stuff?" Daphne wondered.

"It's the specialty of the house: freshly squeezed Wolf bane" the man said.

"Zoinks!" Shaggy exclaimed in horror, partly ad the mention of the word wolf.

"Is something the matter?" the man asked.

"No, nothing's wrong; everything's fine" Daphne said.

He leaned over to Velma and whispered to her, "like, isn't that the stuff that turns people into werewolves?" he asked nervously.

"Not usually Shaggy, however" Velma remarked.

"However?" Shaggy replied.

"In some cases it can and has been used in that way" Velma remarked.

"Uh Daphne, I think you better stop drinking that" Fred commented.

"Oh come on you guys, there's no truth to that Werewolf story," Daphne said still holding the glass in her hands.

The gang's attention then focused on the stage in front of the building, while the rest of the group pushed their drinks away from them the townspeople were smiling as if they were getting ready for something to happen.

"And now we present our entertainment for the evening, the world famous Goolio!" said a voice coming over the PA system's speakers, the gang saw a man in a red and blue cape with black hair and a microphone in his right hand stand on the stage, white spotlights shined on the man as he began to sing "To All The Ghouls I've Loved Before".

As he began singing, he pointed to the audience at the gang and specifically at Scooby; he then walked into the audience and then resumed singing; next he motioned at Scooby as the Great Dane began singing into the man's microphone "ri redicate rhis rong ro rall rhe rhouls ri've roved refore".

As Scooby continued to sing the gang looked out the building's side window and saw the moon shining through, into the room, suddenly all the townspeople including Goolio began to change into howling, snarling werewolves.

"Jinkies!" Velma exclaimed in shock.

"Zoinks!" Shaggy added.

"Now we really have to get out of here" Fred commented.

He then looked over at the window and saw that Daphne was now standing there; he put his hand on Daphne's shoulder and attempted to get her to leave with him.

"Come on Daphne it's time to go" Fred said grabbing Daphne's wrist, but alas she was beginning to change into a snarling beast as well.

"Uh-Oh!" Fred gasped as he felt her hand beginning to change into a gray fur covered paw.

He slowly backed away from Daphne and the werewolves as they slowly approached; soon Daphne had completely changed from a human being into a horrible snarling creature covered in gray fur except of course for her red human hair which was still intact and her human clothing with the exception of her shoes which had disappeared after Daphne's feet transformed into sharp claws.

"To quote Shaggy, Zoinks!" Fred commented.

"Like I couldn't have said it any better myself!" Shaggy replied.

The gang ran for the door and saw that Flim Flam was holding it open.

"This way everybody!" Flim Flam exclaimed.

The gang ran out the door followed by Flim Flam, followed by Daphne and the rest of the townsfolk turned werewolves.

The gang ran out the door and into the streets with the werewolves still chasing them, the creatures chased the gang for several minutes before Scooby and company were able to evade them.

"Whew! I think we finally lost those creeps" Velma said panting and out of breath.

"Yeah we lost the Werewolves and Daphne too." Fred said.

"Poor Daphne, like we have to do something to change her back to normal" Shaggy remarked.

"I know Shaggy, I know" Fred replied

"But first we need to figure out a plan" Velma remarked.

"Right" said Shaggy.

"Maybe we can lure the werewolves into a trap," Flim Flam said.

"Good thinking Flim Flam" Fred replied.

"Like what?" Shaggy asked.

"I think I have an idea; but we're going to have to split up" Fred replied.

"Zoinks!" Shaggy exclaimed in shock.

"What's the matter Shaggy?" Fred asked.

"That!" Velma said pointing.

"Ripes!" Scooby exclaimed.

"It's those werewolves again!" Flim Flam replied with a terrified look on his face.

"Come on gang we've got to try and lose them" Fred said.

Once again the gang ran through the streets chased by the townspeople turned werewolves, the group of sleuths then continued to run until they found themselves in front of an old building.

"In here gang" Fred commented.

The gang then went inside the decrepit looking building and attempted to figure out where they were.

"Hmm, this looks like a shop of some kind." Velma remarked.

"Looks that way to me" Shaggy said.

The gang then walked around the building looking for any way to escape the werewolves that were sure to be coming their way, the team of detectives then walked to the back of the building to try and find an exit, which is what they were doing when the bespectacled member of the group who stayed in the middle of the room yelled over to the other members of the group.

"Hey gang!" Velma called out.

"What's up Velma?" Shaggy asked.

"I think I found something" she replied.

Sure enough she did find something; once Velma had called to them the gang walked over to where she was, after they did so they noticed a secret wooden door hidden in the floor.

"Hey like this is interesting" Shaggy wondered aloud.

"What?" Velma asked.

"I think this might be a secret passageway." Shaggy realized.

"Shaggy I think you're right and I think Velma found a clue" Fred responded.

The gang opened the wooden door and climbed down into the passageway; the three of them had been walking for sometime when Fred thought for a second.

"This passageway looks like it's pretty large, maybe we should split up and search it," Fred commented.

"Like why?" Shaggy asked.

"Because if we split up we can cover more ground," Fred responded.

"OK, like if we have to I guess we don't have any choice" Shaggy replied with a defeated tone in his voice.

"Alright, Flim Flam and I will head one way and Shaggy you, Velma and Scooby head the other way" Fred explained.

"Sounds good to me, let's go you two" Velma said urging Shaggy and Scooby to go with her, and with that the gang separated to search the dark and dimly lit passageway in search of some way out of the group's current situation, all the while hoping that they would not receive any monstrous visitors while they searched.