Scooby Doo Fan Fiction ❯ To All The Ghouls I've Loved Before ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3

Velma, Shaggy and Scooby had been walking for sometime when they began to hear snarling and growling noises.

"Zoinks!" Shaggy declared, sounding quite fearful as he spoke.

"Ripes!" Scooby replied.

"Like it's those hairy creeps again, I know it." Shaggy said.

"Shaggy, don't be such a fraidy cat all the time" Velma replied scolding him.

"Like, what's wrong with being a fraidy cat; besides those werewolves are right behind us." Shaggy responded.

"Don't worry, I'm sure that if think rationally and calmly we can figure a way out of here." Velma remarked.

At that exact moment Weerd and Bogel popped in to survey the situation, and were quite interested in what they were seeing.

"Look!" Weerd pointed in front of them.

"What is it?" Bogel asked.

"It's two of those mortals we saw earlier and their dog," Weerd commented.

"Weerd, we have to help them." Bogel commented.

"I hate to admit it Bogel but you're right, we need those three to open the Chest of Demons for us" Weerd replied.

"Come on" Weerd remarked.

The two ghosts floated over to the two werewolves and lifted them away from Velma, Shaggy and Scooby.

"Zoinks! Did you see that!" Shaggy declared, rubbing his eyes in disbelief as he spoke.

"Ri rish ri ridn't" Scooby replied.

"That's impossible." Velma remarked, still trying to make some attempt at rationalizing the apperance of two spirits, not to mention the pair of specters spiriting the two werewolves away, for lack of a better phrase.

"Well impossible or not those werewolves are gone now, so let's keep looking for some way out of here." Shaggy replied.

Elsewhere in another part of the passageway, Fred and Flim Flam continued their search for someway to escape their dark and creepy surroundings.

"I certainly hope we can find Daphne soon and change her back to normal" Fred said.

"Me too, if I was in her shoes I would sure hate to be a horrible, snarling creature the rest of my life." Flim Flam responded.

"You and me both Flim Flam, plus Daphne's my best friend and I care a lot about her." Fred replied, trying desperately to hide his emotion about how he felt in regards to the red head as he spoke.

"You and Daphne must really care a lot about each other, huh Fred" Flim Flam remarked.

"I suppose you could say that" Fred replied.

"So are the two of you just good friends or what?" Flim Flam asked.

"Well, the two of us have been good friends for a long time, however." Fred commented.

"However?" Flim Flam asked.

"Well, we've been solving mysteries along with the rest of the gang for a long time now and I've always considered her to be a wonderful friend and well." Fred explained as he tried to find the right words to tell Flim Flam exactly how he felt about her.

"Ah, I think I know what exactly you're talking about" Flim Flam said.

"You do?" Fred asked.

"Of course I do, I bet Daphne's your girlfriend and I bet you're her boyfriend." Flim Flam said with a smile.

For a moment Fred stood scratching his head and tried to figure out the best possible way to respond to what Flim Flam has asked him; after he had some time to think he finally found the right words in which to describe exactly how he felt about Daphne to his young friend.

"Well, I've never told anyone else about this but now that you mention it." Fred said.

"I knew it, Fred you sly dog," Flim Flam said nudging him in the shoulder and winking as he spoke.

"And how may I ask did you figure that out?" Fred asked.

"Easy, I've read a lot about that sort of thing," Flim Flam explained.

"Really?" Fred asked.

"Yep, I have a lot of time on my hands" Flim Flam said.

"I guess so" Fred commented.

Fred and Flim Flam continued to walk along the passageway when they heard a strange noise coming from behind them.

"Did you hear something?" Flim Flam asked.

"I think I did but I'm not sure," Fred said.

Fred then began to hear mysterious footsteps approaching; he and Flim Flam then turned around saw that one of the werewolves was after them, the blond detective then noticed something very familiar about this particular Werewolf and gasped in shock.

"It's Daphne!" Fred exclaimed, with happiness and joy in his voice, at least for the moment.

Daphne then started to walk towards Fred and Flim Flam still growling and snarling.

"Daphne calm down" Fred said trying to sound calm but failing miserably.

"I don't think she heard you," Flim Flam replied.

"Trust me Flim Flam she heard me; I know that deep down, the Daphne Blake that I know and have been friends with since we were kids is still in there; she-she's just under the horrible werewolf curse and needs to be broken out of it." Fred remarked still trying to sound calm under very trying and frightening circumstances.

While he had always considered himself to be the unofficial leader of the Mystery Inc. detective agency and had certainly was always the most rational member of the group next to Velma, this was most likely the first time that Fred Jones, the one member of the group that never seemed to get scared of anything was truly frightened of something.

Daphne continued to approach them as Fred and Flim Flam continued to slowly back up; the two of them stood in the tunnel in a nervous fashion as the one time friend, compatriot and most fashionable member of Mystery Inc. clearly not knowing what she doing prepared to pounce on them like a predator getting ready to devour it's prey.

"Daphne please, I'll get you home, i-i'll get you some help, heck I'll even get you a manicure if you want one!" Fred said nervously.

Flim Flam then leaned over and whispered something to Fred.

"Fred I think I have an idea" Flim Flam remarked softly.

"What?" Fred asked.

"This!" Flim Flam said reaching into his sweatshirt pocket, in doing so he pulled out a gray-white bottle.

"What's that?" Fred asked.

"My own invention, Lotsa Luck Joy Juice." Flim Flam said.

"And just what is Lotsa Luck Joy Juice?" Fred wondered aloud.

"Like I said, it's my own  invention. Specifically speaking, it removes jinxes, hexes, curses and is a great dandruff remover." Flim Flam replied.

"Sounds interesting; question is, will it really work?" Fred asked.

"Sure it will, I stake my reputation as an inventor and artist on it." Flim Flam said.

"Artist?" Fred asked.

"Sure, it took a lot of work and a lot of time to create my Lotsa Luck Joy Juice. Actually, this will be a good test of it, at least I hope so." Flim Flam remarked, with a hopeful sounding tone in his voice.

"I just hope it does work, for Daphne's sake." Fred replied, mentally crossing his fingers as he spoke, if such a thing was possible.

Flim Flam shook the bottle and pointed it at the Werewolf Daphne, he put his finger up towards the cork and popped it off; the cork shot out of the bottle right at her as the bottle opened and the liquid inside sprayed onto Daphne, the red head put her hand in front of her face as a strange green glow surrounded her.

"Oh, what happened?" Daphne asked as she held her forehead, while trying to steady herself.

The red haired college student and journalism major then saw Fred and Flim Flam standing in the hallway and ran over to greet her two friends.

"Freddie! boy am I glad to see you!" Daphne exclaimed happily.

"I'm glad to see you too Daph" Fred replied, giving the red head a celebratory peck on the cheek as he held her in his arms.

"Likewise." Flim Flam remarked.

"I guess I was wrong about that Werewolf story," Daphne said as she gave Fred a warm friendly hug.

"We all were Daphne, I'm just glad to have you're back to normal; I really thought you were going to be a werewolf forever." Fred replied with a concerned almost somber look on his face.

Fred was quite relieved that the horrible ordeal of seeing Daphne as a Werewolf was over; however he decided that now was a good time to attempt to open up to Daphne about his feelings for her, of course he had already shown part of them by quickly kissing the red head and giving her a warm hug after her transformation was reversed.

"Daphne" Fred commented.

"Yes Fred" Daphne replied.

"I was really worried about you earlier." Fred remarked.

"You were?" Daphne replied.

"Of course I was, for a while I really thought you were going to be a Werewolf for the rest of your natural life." Fred responded with a concerned tone in his voice.

"Oh Fred, you know that would never happen; even if I was a Werewolf we would still be able to work things out" Daphne replied smiling.

"I know but even if you were a horrible creature we wouldn't be able to be friends any more or be able to solve mysteries together any more." Fred responded.

"Freddie, we would still be able to solve mysteries together, besides my Werewolf abilities would sure come in handy; instead of being captured or running from ghosts or monsters I could scare them away with no problems, then it would be a piece of cake to unmask any villain that we happen to catch." Daphne replied with a chuckle.

"Daphne, I'm serious; the friendships I have with Velma, Shaggy, Scooby and especially you mean more to me than anything in the world, and if I lost you as a friend I don't know what I would do" Fred replied with a earnest tone in his voice.

"Fred, you really were concerned about me weren't you?" Daphne asked smiling patiently.

Fred stood in silence as he thought desperately trying to find how to respond to Daphne's comments.

Finally, he found the right words that would let Daphne know exactly how he felt about her.

"Daphne I was very concerned, I mean you were almost a horrible beast for the rest of your natural life; if the situation was reversed wouldn't you be concerned?" Fred asked.

"Of course I would be concerned, Fred you're a very wonderful person and a wonderful friend; if anything happened to you I don't know what I would do; thank you Fred, I knew you would understand." Daphne replied.

"Thank You Daphne, I know you would understand too" Fred responded with a smile

"And thank you as well Flim Flam" Daphne remarked.

"Yeah that Lotsa Luck Joy Juice stuff comes in pretty handy." Fred replied.

"I'll say it does." Daphne commented.

"You're very welcome guys." Flim Flam responded.

"Well, now that Daphne's back to normal we can get out here" Fred replied.

"Right" Daphne said.

With that Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam continued to walk down the passageway trying to find a way out of their perilous predicament.

Meanwhile back in another part of the passageway Shaggy, Velma and Scooby continued to look for a way out, after walking for a bit Shaggy stopped suddenly, the gang had found a large door, could they have found a way out?

"Hey look it's a door," Shaggy said.

"Terrific" Velma replied.

"Let's open it and see where it leads," she continued.

"Ok" Shaggy said.

Shaggy, Velma and Scooby each put their hands on the door and tried to push it open.

"Come on you guys, push!" Velma said urging Shaggy and Scooby to help her.

The three of them finally managed to push the door open and Shaggy put his head through it to see where the gang was.

"Wow, I wonder where we are?" Velma thought.

"I don't know but wherever we are, it sure looks creepy" Shaggy commented.

"Reah reepy" Scooby replied.

Back in the passageway, Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam look for a way out as well, suddenly Fred stopped and pointed out something in front of him.

"Look guys" Fred said.

"What is it?" Daphne asked.

"It looks like some kind of door," Fred said.

"Hey it is" Daphne replied.

"Great now we can get out of here" Flim Flam remarked.

The gang pushed the door open, Fred poked his head up through the door to try and see where the gang was.

"Hmm" Fred wondered.

Fred went through the door first, and then pulled Daphne out, afterwards she pulled Flim Flam out.

"I wonder where we are," Fred thought as he looked around.

"Beats me," Daphne wondered.

"Good question" Flim Flam said.

The gang began to look around their surroundings when Fred heard a noise that he wished he hadn't heard; Daphne then tapped Fred quickly on the shoulder.

"Fred I think we're being watched" Daphne said.

"S-something tells me you're right Daphne" Fred replied nervously.

Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam turned around and saw that the entire town of werewolves was standing right in front of them; Daphne screamed as the beasts began approaching them.

The werewolves continued to move ever closer, just then Flim Flam got an idea: he took a gray-white bottle out of his sweatshirt and began shaking it up.

"Flim Flam what are you doing?" Fred asked.

"My Joy Juice turned Daphne back to normal so maybe it'll work on the rest of those creeps" Flim Flam responded.

"What have we got to lose, go for it Flim Flam" Daphne said.

Flim Flam aimed the bottle right at the townsfolk and uncorked it; the liquid then turned into a mist and began to produce a yellow glow around the werewolves.

The townspeople put their hands on their heads and muttered, one of the female residents then began to shake her head as looked at herself and spoke.

"We're back to normal, we're human again!" "Yay! Whoopee!" the townspeople exclaimed, in a chorus of happiness and glee.

"It-it's a miracle! we're cured!" the chief constable remarked happily.

"Yep and it's all thanks to my Lotsa Luck Joy Juice" Flim Flam said.

"We want thank you kids for releasing us from our monstrous curse" one of the townspeople commented.

"You're very welcome," Daphne remarked.

"You know I'm wondering about something" Fred remarked.

"What would you like to know?" one of the townspeople asked.

"Would you folks mind answering a question for us?" Daphne said.

"Certainly" one of the townspeople commented.

"How exactly did those whole werewolf business start?" Fred asked.

One of the townspeople started the strange story, which would fascinate and terrify the blond, the red head, and their newfound young companion as they listened intently....

&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&am p;&

"It all started many years ago, when the townspeople tracked down and captured the 13 most evil ghosts, spirits and demons on Earth." the first townsperson said.

Another townsperson continued the peculiar story: "After the capture of the 13 Ghosts, they were locked in the Chest of Demons, and placed somewhere in the village, where they would remain for all eternity."

Yet another resident continued: "But before the ghosts were locked in the chest, they placed a curse on the townspeople, every night when the moon came out; every man, woman, even child in the village were changed into hideous, horrifying werewolves".

The chief constable continued: "That's why we tried to scare you off, so you wouldn't learn the awful and real truth about the village and our curse".

"That would certainly explain things." Daphne remarked.

"It certainly would, by the way; maybe you folks can help us with something." Fred commented.

"Possibly, what did you need help with?" one of the townspeople asked.

"Well, we were hoping that you knew where our airplane was." Daphne said.

"Your plane? why I haven't the faintest idea" the townsperson said.

"Hey maybe Vincent Van Ghoul knows" Flim Flam remarked.

"Good idea Flim Flam." Fred replied.

"Calling Vincent Van Ghoul, where are you Vince?" Flim Flam asked.

Suddenly a puff of large white smoke appeared; when it dissipated Vincent Van Ghoul stood next to the gang.

"Of course I know where you plane is; it is in the Crypt of Darkness in the temple." Vincent said.

"The Crypt of Darkness?" Fred asked.

"Yes, and you must be careful." Vincent said.

"Why's that?" Daphne asked.

"Because that is where the Chest of Demons resides, it has been the after life long goal of those ghosts to lure mortals down to the crypt in order to open it." Vincent explained.

"But why?" Fred asked.

"Because only the living can open the Chest" Vincent replied.

"Well we'll sure keep our eyes open for any signs of trouble." Fred remarked.

"Good" Vincent replied.

"Well I guess we better get going," Daphne remarked.

"Thank you again kids for helping us and good luck finding your plane," a townsperson remarked.

"Come and visit us any time," another townsperson said.

"We will," Fred remarked.

As Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam waved goodbye to their newfound friends, the three of them and Vincent Van Ghoul headed off for the temple.

Back inside said temple Velma, Shaggy and Scooby continued looked around the building searching for their plane, the trio looked through the many rooms in the ancient structure, unaware that they were being watched.

"Bogel look" Weerd said.

"I see 'em Weerd," Bogel replied.

"It's those mortals we saw earlier," Weerd said.

"Yea I see them," Bogel remarked.

Weerd and Bogel then floated in the hallway talking to each other, all at the same time scheming and plotting a way to bring Shaggy, Scooby and Velma down to the Crypt.

"Bogel, I've got an idea that will get those mortals to open the chest for us." said Weerd laughing evilly to himself.

He leaned over to Bogel and began to whisper in his ear; after Weerd was done Bogel spoke up.

"Good idea Weerd." Bogel said laughing evilly, both Weerd and Bogel continued to chuckle as the ghostly pair disappeared from the room and reappeared in another room in the temple.

Velma, Shaggy and Scooby continued to search the temple for their plane, they came to a large door; Velma opened it and the trio walked into the room.

"Hmm, what's this?" Velma questioned.

"It's a fabulous Ghoul De Vil convertible!" a voice bellowed.

"And it could be yours on Let's Make 'Em Squeal!" said the voice.

"Like it's our favorite TV show" Shaggy remarked.

Suddenly the voice spoke once again; "And now here's our host: Monty Mauhl!" at that moment out walked Weerd in a wig and rather tacky looking game show style suit.

"Thank you, thank you everyone and welcome," Weerd said, his fellow ghost wearing a dress then pushed a button that stopped the applause noise.

"Yes, we're here with our three lucky contestants and if they have the right instincts and make the right decisions, they could end up with a valuable prize" Weerd commented, with a devilish smirk on his ghostly face.

"Actually if you don't mind, I would rather this one out." Velma replied.

"OK, now then let's meet our two contestants, and you are?" Weerd asked

Weerd held a microphone in front of the gang's faces, "Shaggy Rogers" "Scooby-Doo" the cowardly pair replied.

"Very good" Weerd commented.

"Now, let's see what you could win behind curtain number 1." Weerd remarked as a red curtain opened.

"It's our plane!" Shaggy remarked, astonished that the group's aircraft had somehow been transported into a Himalyan temple, especially by two spirits; not to mention it was being used as a prop in a bad game show parody.

"Yes this could be your plane, The Mystery Flying Machine, yes you could be traveling in style with this beautiful twin engine aircraft which comes complete with it's own rubber ducky." the voice said.

"There's the plane, let's take it and get out of here." Velma whispered to Shaggy.

"Don't make your decision just yet, you haven't seen curtain number 2" Weerd said, having heard what the bespectacled college student had said to her companion.

"It's the ultimate dog house," the voice said.

"Roh roy!" Scooby exclaimed happily, before fainting; of course, he was being held up by Shaggy, so he didn't fall entirely to the ground, all of this was being watched by Velma who shook her head in disbelief.

"Yes the doggie deluxe mansion completes with it's own factory installed fire hydrant, water and food dispensers and much much more" the voice continued.

"Ri rant rhat!" Scooby exclaimed.

"Or you could take home what's in the box" Weerd remarked; Bogel then pushed a large pedestal out with a large red box on top of it.

"Let me just say that what is in there is so amazing, so breath-taking, so unbelievable you'll have to see it to believe it" Weerd commented.

"So what will it be, the plane, the house or what's in the box?" Weerd asked; Shaggy and Scooby then huddled trying to figure out what to do.

"We'll get their decision after this" Weerd said.

Meanwhile Fred, Daphne and Flim Flam along with Vincent Van Ghoul arrived at the ancient temple, and attempted to locate their friends.

"Jeepers, isn't this where you said the Chest of Demons was Mr. Van Ghoul?" Daphne asked.

"Yes it is, but thankfully no one would want to open that thing" Vincent remarked.

"Yeah nobody, a complete nutcase, a total loon" Flim Flam said laughing,

"Yes but thankfully no one is that dumb" Vincent replied.

"Which reminds me, I wonder where Shaggy, Scooby and Velma are?" Daphne thought.

Speaking of Shaggy, Scooby and Velma, as Fred, Daphne, Flim Flam and Vincent were attempting to locate their friends, the aforementioned trio were still attempting to take back the gang's plane and leave the Himalayan Mountains.

"Welcome back" Weerd said.

"So have the two of you made your decision?" Weerd asked the two of them then huddled once more and whispered to each other, finally they had made up their minds.

"After much thought, we'll take the box." Shaggy and Scooby both said, suddenly numerous bells and buzzers began sounding.

Shaggy and Scooby celebrated while Velma stood out of the way watching the two of them still shaking her head, then Scooby walked over to the strange looking box so he could open it; at that moment Fred, Daphne, Flim Flam and Vincent Van Ghoul arrived and were yelling over to their pet Great Dane.

"Scooby don't open that box!" Fred yelled over, but it was too late; Scooby opened the box and then stood back.

"Like, what did we win?" Shaggy wondered.

"13 Ghosts!" Weerd exclaimed.

"Ghosts!" Shaggy and Scooby declared, as terror filled their voices.

"Yes, 13 Ghosts in a variety of shapes and powers!" Weerd declared as the various phantoms, ghosts and specters floated into the air forming a large dark red menacing shape and circling around the room.

"That's ridiculous, there's no such things as ghosts." Velma commented matter of factly, not quite believing what she was seeing.

"Like Velma, do you want to compare notes or get out of here?" Shaggy replied.

"Judging by the way those ghosts are circling the room, maybe we should get out of here!" Velma declared.

Velma, Shaggy and Scooby then ran over and joined Fred, Daphne, Flim Flam and Vincent as they continued to gasp at the terrifying sight of the floating around the room.

"Listen to that applause Bogel!" Weerd remarked.

"Yeah we're heroes!" Bogel said, suddenly the ghosts floated down and came after Weerd and Bogel.

"Hey, we're on your side!" Weerd yelled as the ghosts floated out the door and floated into the atmosphere.

"There they go, 13 of the most frightening ghosts on the planet off to terrorize the ends of the Earth" Vincent said, pointing at the sky and mentally screaming at the thought of a baker's dozen worth of the worst spectres in the world scattered around the world, and of course it was up to Mystery Inc. to capture them, as the gang would soon find out.

"And it's all your fault!" Vincent said pointing to the three of them.

"Why us?" Shaggy asked.

"Because you were the ones that opened the chest." Vincent commented.

"You're kidding," Shaggy replied with a forced chuckle.

"No I'm not and this is not a laughing matter, those ghosts will continue to haunt and plague the world until they're captured and locked in the Chest." Vincent responded looking annoyed.

"Don't worry Vincent, we'll go the ends of the Earth to track down those ghosts" Fred commented.

"Right, we won't rest until all those spooks are caught" Daphne replied.

"Thank you kids, you don't know what these ghosts are capable of they aren't captured soon." Vincent responded.

"You're quite welcome Mr. Van Ghoul, and we will capture them all." Velma replied, with a determined sounding tone in her voice.

"Hey, if you guys don't mind I would sure like to come with you in your ghost catching." Flim Flam said with a hopeful smile.

"Flim Flam, we would be more than happy to have you come with us." Fred replied as he shook the young boy's hand.

"Fred's right, after all you might come in quite handy, with that Lotsa Luck Joy Juice. Not to mention you seem to be a pretty ingenuous young man." Daphne added, which of course made Flim Flam blush slightly.


"Thank you Daphne, that means a lot to me." the young boy smiled, as he spoke.


"Not a problem Flim Flam, not a problem." Daphne replied.


"Now that all of that is taken care of, you're going to need this; you can use that to contact me, I'm in the yellow pages." Vincent Van Ghoul commented as he handed the gang a Crystal Ball.

"Thank you Mr. Van Ghoul" Shaggy replied.

"Yes we greatly appreciate it Vincent" Velma added.

With that the gang said their good byes to Vincent Van Ghoul as they prepared to head on their way.

The four college aged sleuths along with their Great Dane and the newest member of Mystery Inc., albeit now the youngest member then walked over to The Mystery Flying Machine up the stairs and into the plane, after entering the aircraft the gang made sure they had everything they needed and sat down, as they got ready to leave.

"By the way, I took the liberty of refueling the plane" Flim Flam commented.

"Terrific" Fred replied.

"What kind of fuel did you use Flim Flam, regular, unleaded or premium?" Velma wondered.

"Neither" said Flim Flam.

"Then what kind of fuel did you use?" Daphne asked.

"I used a few cases of Lotsa Luck Joy Juice" Flim Flam replied.

"Oh No!" the gang exclaimed in unison.

With those words Vincent Van Ghoul waved to Mystery Inc. as the plane started up, the gang then waved back at their new Warlock friend as the world famous group of sleuths prepared to begin their newest adventure: tracking down the 13 Ghosts from the sinister Chest Of Demons.