SD Gundam Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ My Justice For You ❯ Start ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
oh gord why does this crossover exist IT MAKES NO SENSE

One of my headmates threw this plotbunny at me. You can blame him!

I'm writing this for NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, because it assassinated my original concept. That's also why it's kinda purple-prose-y. NaNo is quantity of wordcount over quality of words, in the name of Getting You To Write! But I wanna post this up now, because I'm crazy. I'll edit it later, after it's done. |3

For SDGF, this fic starts during episode 29; for Silent Hill, it's near the beginning the first game. Please take it into account that I've never actually played any of the SH games nor seen the movie, because I am a chicken. I know that the games will scare the crap out of me.

Neither SD Gundam Force nor Silent Hill are mine. XD

~ START ~

"Errhh..." Shute groaned as he got up. He rubbed his head and looked around, still slightly dazed, and limped to the front of the Gundamusai's bridge. The internal lights were dimmed, maybe even off -- he couldn't really tell. It must have been a heck of a crash...

He looked out the Musai's 'eyes', which in truth were windows, and squinted. He couldn't see anything... were the windows fogged up? He ran a hand over one window in an effort to clear it, but it was no help -- the fog must have been outside. So outside was no help; Shute turned back to look around the darkened bridge. How were the others?

The answer was, they were just starting to reawaken. Zero aughed as he got up, putting one hand to his head and using the other to dust off the part of his cape that he could reach. Bakunetsumaru pulled himself up, leaning on one of the railings. Captain Gundam suddenly started, eyes flickering back on and he looked around in mild confusion. Genkimaru...

Wait, where was Genkimaru? Shute looked around, until finally a noise behind Raimi's projector caught his attention. A cough, and the child Musha stumbled into view.

The boy sighed in relief. "So it looks like everyone's okay, then..." He turned back around, glancing out of the fogged windows worriedly. "But where are we, anyway...?"

"Raimi," Captain called to the AI navigator for the vessel. "Status?"

The projector at the front of the bridge flickered, threw sparks, and slowly the hologram fizzed into view. "Ev...one..." Static, then, "Everyone? Are you all right?"

"Raimi!" Zero called back, sounding relieved. "We are well; what about yourself?"

Silence for a few moments, then, "I'll be all right." Some computer beeped. "The scanners just came back online, so I'm going to go ahead and scan the area."

Captain nodded, "Good idea," and walked toward one of the window-eyes.

Shute zipped over to be near him, and commented, "I tried to see out when I first woke up, but I couldn't see anything..."

Zero and Baku joined them, while Genkimaru stayed in the back of the room, thoroughly unnerved by what had happened. Captain, having reached the window, looked outside with an expression of slight concern. He looked to be concentrating on something for a moment, then turned back to the others. "I can't scan it..."

At the same time, Raimi reported, "I can confirm that the fog is there, but I can't seem to get anything more..."

The Gundam Force looked amongst themselves, uncertain. "Should we go outside...?" Shute asked hesitantly.

Raimi hmmed, then spoke up. "The Gundamusai is badly damaged... we're going to need supplies to fix it..."

"So we are forced to go out?" Baku asked.

"It would appear that way, my friend..." Zero murmured.

~ Quick Look Back ~

How had they gotten there?

They had been on their way through the Minov Sea when the stowaway ninja Gundam, Cobramaru, had emerged from hiding in order to fulfill his lord Kibaomaru's orders -- to capture the young Genkimaru and return him to the land of Ark.

However, during the fight, the ninja's removable Cobra armor had been violently destroyed, causing a rift to form in the fragile walls of quasi-space. Though they had tried to fight it, the Gundamusai had kept slipping back, until finally falling into the depths of the hole...

And somehow, they had ended up here.

~ Outside ~

Outside, the Gundam Force wandered. Without functioning sensors, they had, more or less, no way to find what they needed to repair the 'Musai. They had decided to put their luck on the line and set out to find some natives. Hopefully friendly ones.

For a long time, it felt like, they encountered no one and nothing more substantial than windblown, dead grass.

Finally, they stumbled upon a road, a tar-black thing straight as a ruler. Relieved at a sign of civilization at last, they looked up and down its length, picked one direction and forged onward. Their pace was quicker now, boosted as much by the clear path as by confidence that their trek was not in vain.

Despite the improved pace, they still found nothing more for many minutes.

But then...

"Is that what I think it is?" Shute whooped.

"A town at last!" Baku cheered.

"Yes!" Zero, picking up speed, flew toward the line of buildings that had just come into view. He stopped not less than twenty feet from them, looking around, being careful not to pass beyond his fellows' sight. He recognized the layout of the town as being similar to Shute's Neotopia, and he coasted down the new road that ran perpendicularly to the one they all had arrived on. Soon, he caught glimpse of a street sign.

"Midwich Street..." he read slowly, and huhed.

The Winged Knight waited there for the others to catch up. When they got there, he waved their attention to the sign. "I wonder if this world is not too different from your own Neotopia, Shute."

Shute craned his neck up to the sign. "Huh... maybe. It's so foggy, though. Kinda creepy. And cold." He shivered and drew his arms around himself.

"It could just be this world's climate," Zero offered, but also added, "Though even I must admit it is rather... unsettling."

Baku said nothing, merely looking uncomfortable. Captain laid a hand on the Musha's shoulder in an attempt at comfort; Baku, to his credit, did not jump.

"We should find the inhabitants of this town," Captain reminded, and the others looked around.

"I haven't seen anyone since we got here..." Shute said uncertainly, "Do you think that the Dark Axis was here first?..."

Zero floated, a concerned expression in his eyes. "I do not know... The land beyond the town is not petrified, but..." he looked upward, toward the concealed skies. "My feeling that all is not right here grows." His attention suddenly snapped to beyond the fog, down the street on which they were standing. "We should move from here, now," he said urgently, with a note of fear in his voice.

"Zero?" Captain asked, but then asserted himself. "Right. Let's move. Any preferred direction, Zero?"

Zero's gaze cast around, settling on the street they had been right next to. "This one." The sign called it Matheson Street, and they hurried down it, away from whatever had spooked the Knight so.

After a few minutes, they slowed; Shute was tiring and they still had not encountered anyone else. They ended up stopping at another intersection -- Mattheson and Bachman Road, according to the signs. They planned to rest there, and to try to determine what to do next. Their only lead had seemed to end in a ghost town, and they needed to decide whether to press on and hope for better luck, or to return to the Gundamusai and find another way to escape this unnerving world.

Then they heard footsteps, echoing dully through the mist.

The Gundam Force jumped up. "Who's there?" Captain called out into the fog.

The footsteps stopped as soon as the 'Force had moved. At Captain's call, a female voice called back, almost but not quite masking the click of a gun's safety lock being switched to off. "Hello?"

Relief washed through the Force. Someone else at last!

"Hey!" Shute called, "We're the Gundam Force!"

"The who?" the voice asked in a slightly disbelieving tone.

"My lady," Zero started, "We are travellers lost and in need of supplies to repair our ship. Would you be so kind as to tell us where we are?"

The footsteps started again, coming closer. "So I guess you don't know what's going on, either," she said with a sigh.

"No, we don't," Captain replied. "We have only just arrived here."

The stranger walked into their field of vision -- a blonde-haired woman, dressed in the style of a law enforcer. Captain noted that she held her gun in both hands, keeping it ready but still pointed to the ground, and her expression was more sympathetic than distrustful.

"So you haven't seen anyone else?" she asked.

"You're the first," Captain replied.

"I see..." She looked down a moment, perhaps thinking, before looking over the group. "I should probably be more surprised than I am, but a group of short robots suddenly showing up just isn't the strangest thing that's been happening to this town." She holstered her gun, slipping the safety back on. "My name's Cybil. I'm a cop from Brahms -- that's a town nearby. This town is Silent Hill... Or at least it was."

She blinked; suddenly, Zero was in front of her. The Lacroan Knight snapped his fingers and a purple rose appeared amidst a shower of sparkles. He extended the rose to her, saying, "A place as dark and dire as this is no place for a lady such as yourself."

Cybil blinked again. "Uh..." She took the flower with her left hand, "Thanks?"

Zero smiled charmingly.

The cop examined the flower; just where had it come from? "This is my job, though."

Now Zero blinked, momentarily thrown. "Still! There is evil afoot here, I can sense it. We should move together."

Cybil nodded. "I don't know about evil, but I agree that we should stick together." She waved down the road, southward Bachman. "I'm looking for a man who is also stuck here; he's searching for his missing daughter. I'd have asked you about them, but if you haven't seen anyone, it's moot."

Shute perked. "His daughter? That's awful... I know I wouldn't want to be lost here..." he glanced around and shivered. The Gundams nodded in agreement.

"Well, I have something to tell him, so I can't just stand around here," Cybil said pointedly. "I have to get moving -- are you all coming?"

"Yes," Captain said with a nod. The others nodded as well, and together they set off.

~ Anotherside ~

"Where did they go?!" Kibaomaru brought his first down on the shogi board before him, making the pieces rattle.

Professor Gerbera, the Dark Axis scientist, flared his optic briefly, not intimidated. "Their ship fell into a crack in the walls of the Minov Sea. They may have been destroyed--"

Kibaomaru growled.

"--or they could have been transported to another universe. There's no telling, for now," he finished without slowing.

"For now?"

"For now," Gerbera repeated.

"I must have Genkimaru!" Kibaomaru growled.

"You have to be patient, and perhaps make a backup plan while you're at it," the Professor told him.

Kibaomaru glared, but did not speak again.

Behind them, the General rumbled, and the bickering robots' attention was immediately drawn. Gerbera turned to face him directly, "General?"

The head of the Dark Axis, General Zeong was nearly complete. Not much more was needed until he would finally return to take his rightful place as master of the universes...

But something was troubling him. Echoing out of the Minov Sea was the strengthing presence of... something.

Something that had the potential to challenge him.

He could not allow this to go on.

~ TSUDZUKU ~

Means 'to be continued'!

Chapter 1's wordcount = 1,780. I'm behind. -sob-