SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Bitter ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


The sins of others lay a heavy toll on those around them, and even the purest can become…I don’t own SD Gundam Force


Neotopia. A place where all things live in peace, robots and humans, humans and nature, nature and robots. No matter how dark the situation, light always returns. Happiness always returns.

I’m going to change that.


/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

“Hey…Hey Okaa-san?” Shute’s voice drifted through the late Sunday morning quiet, calling for his mother. He was jogging towards his house while holding his hand out which was holding a new cell phone, one which captain had gotten him for his last birthday. It was like his old one, capable of accessing functions in his roller blades, but newer, with a special function that Bell Wood and Kao Lyn had installed.

It was something akin to a small dimensional transport device, which allowed him to call his friends across the dimensions. Similar ones had been given to Zero, Princess Rele, Bakunetsumaru (who still didn’t know how to use it), Genkimaru, and Captain, so they could always stay in touch.

And also(mainly) so that Shute would stop drawing gundams on his tests instead of solving the problems. Keiko had pulled some strings to make sure that her son would no longer be getting 0’s.

“Yes, Dear?” Keiko replied as she sat on their patio, grading tests and other assorted papers. “Nan desu ka?”

Shute had by then made it to where she sat, still holding his hand out with the cell phone open and still on and listening to their conversation. “I got a call from Captain. He said he just got a new upgrade. Can I go to blank base Pleeeeeease? It sounds so cool! I really want to see it!” he was now jumping up and down in typical excited-kid manner, and was still rambling on about how much he wanted to go when his mom interrupted him.

She waved her arms for him to stop. “Okay, okay. You can go! Just be back in time for lunch.”

“Yeah! Arigatou, Okaa-san!” He brought the cell phone back up to his ear and happily said “Did ya hear that? She said I can go-” he paused “-okay, see you there Captain!” He flipped down the cell phone’s top half and started to run down toward the city. When he reached the gate at the front of his house, he quickly turned back towards his mom and called back “Bye Arigatou Okaa-san!”

She kindly smiled and waved “Iterashai.”

You stupid brat.

You should be asking for her safety.


/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Over in Ark, Genkimaru stood on the top of his big zam, arms crossed, under the tree which had continued to grow, bored as usual. The rest of the Genki Energy Force were also getting tired of the monotony which had plagued them for so long. Zapper and Grappler had argued so much, they had run out of things that they could think of that they could argue over.

“Err…the sun’s too bright…” Zapper lifelessly said as he uninterestedly examined one of his machine guns in an effort to find something wrong with it, so he could blame someone for it and fight with them. At least it’d be better than just sitting in semi-awkward silence inside of the big zam.

“Idiot…we’re not even outside.” Grappler had about as much enthusiasm as the formerly mentioned, and much like Zapper, stared at his claws as he drummed them on the control panel in front of him, hoping that somehow they’d become interesting.

Zapper groaned “Well it would be if we were outside…” but had pretty much given up on antagonizing his friend.

“Whatever.”

“Dom wanna make big boom…”

“Shut up, Dom.”

Back on the top of the walking tank, the Kibao Horde(plus Cobra) was having about as much fun as every one else, lazing about on the grass. Several attempts had been made to create a lasting something the could alleviate the tediousness. One of them was some obscure version of baseball, which consisted of Kijuumaru shooting at Bakuhamaru, him hitting it with his hammer, and hoping that it didn’t hit some poor Zako who got caught in the crossfire. This continued on for about a half an hour, until the ball came a couple inches away from crushing Cobramaru’s head in(obviously leaving him in the worst mood). He had since then confiscated Bakuha’s hammer and threatened to plug shut all of the holes in Kijuu’s body.

Another attempt was to take Oshogo on a joyride. That failed miserably because the chariot was the only contempt one among them all, happily grazing on the grass and refusing to go any where.

Not even the Zakos were in their normally cheerful state. They didn’t talk, and only between the moments of silence could you hear small sighs of “Zako…”

Genkimaru had experienced enough boredom to last him two or three lives. In a childish fit, he angrily stamped the ground and loudly whined “I hate this! Why won’t some thing interesting happen! Any thi-” he stopped his tirade as he heard his cell phone ring. Reaching over his shoulder, he grabbed the red and gold means of communication, and looked at the caller I.D. It was Shute. He flipped it open and put it next to his non-existent ear. “Hey, Shute, what’s up?” he first thing he noticed was static. The second was Shute’s gargled and cracking voice.

“Ki…u!…hel…ne…to…a̷ 0;p…ple…hu…A!..Ca…tain!…Ca…tain!

Genki, not noticing the urgency in his voice, replied “Nani? You’re breaking up. Stupid phone, doesn’t do what it’s supposed to-”

Then there was a sound. No, a screaming. No, a screeching. It was an ethereal sound, one that seemed to have no humanity. It wasn’t a single voice, no, it was thousands, no, it was nothing, nothing but shriek of some unknown sort. It pierced the ears of everyone, immediately turning their full attentiveness towards this unknown noise. Nothing could be heard but it, it was everything, it was the whole world, and that world was a frightening place.

Then it died down, and there was quiet.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Everyone was silent for well over a minute after the sound had faded away. Even for those who had experienced war, been cast in a bloody ballet of clashing swords, disorienting explosions, and haunting, echoing screams, had ever heard something tat terrible. War was real, whatever that thing was…couldn’t be. And that was what was truly terrifying.

Eventually, Cobramaru had managed to gain some control of his body, and he shakily dropped down from the tree and landed beside the shaking Genkimaru. He placed his clawed hand on the cell phone and closed it, cutting the connection and ending the call. Very quietly, he said “G…Genkimaru?”

“You know how I said that wanted any thing to happen.”

“Hai…?”
“I take it back.”

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

“Wha…what was that?” Bakuhamaru finally managed to ask.

“I…don’t know…” Genkimaru admitted. “I got a call from Shute, there was static, I couldn’t really tell what he was saying, and then…”

That happened.” Kijuumaru finished.

Genki nodded “Yeah.”

At that moment, the DA trio popped out of the big zam. Zapper yelled “What the Zako-Zako was that!?”, but behind the anger and annoyance you could hear a twinge of fear and concern.

“We…don’t exactly know…” Mokinmaru replied.

It was Grappler’s turn to yell. “What do you mean, ‘You don’t exactly know?’ What kind of an answer is that!”

Joining in (he had been starting to feel left out) Dom boomed “Yeah! Bad Answer! Bad Answer!”

The Zakos included themselves at this point “But it’s true Lord Dom! And Lords Gouf and Zaku! Lord Genkimaru got a phone call, zako! He was talking then that happened, zako!”

“So then you do kinda know, just answer me next time…” Zapper grumbled, then crossed his arms and started pouting, knowing that the one semi-exiting thing that had happened today couldn’t even start a half-decent argument.

“Mina?”

Everyone turned to Haganemaru, who looked as if he thought he was the only one who truly thought that they might have a problem on their hands (he wasn’t) and said “This…whatever just happened, might be serious. Maybe we should report it to Kibaomaru-sama.”

Cobramaru nodded. “I agree with you.” His eyes moved over to Genkimaru, who still seemed a little shaken. “What do you think, Genkimaru-sama?”

Forced back to his senses by the ninja’s voice, he nodded, pointed his hand off into the distance in the direction of Tenchijo, and shouted “Genki Energy Force, move out!”

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

After traveling for a good portion of the day, it was now approaching the evening, and the sun was now drooping lower in the sky tinted orange near the horizon. Everyone was anxious to tell the emperor about the day’s earlier happenstance, so the journey was a quiet and tense one. They could now see Tenchijo’s black outline in the distance contrasting against the orange of the evening. This helped to alleviate their stress, as they knew their journey was near over.

But it soon returned in twofold, as Genki’s cell phone once again started to ring.

The kid musha gundam gulped, and hesitantly reached back and grasped the cell phone. Once again, it was Shute who was calling. Deciding he should indeed pick it up, he opened it, put it on speaker so the other could hear(The DA trio came out from the big zam’s control room) and timidly answered “Hello?”

“Genkimaru?” came Shute’s voice from the phone’s tiny yet powerful speakers. “Ha, I’m so glad I reached you!”

“Shute…” Genki replied, relieved but at the same time anxious, “Did you try to call me earlier?”

There was a moment of silence, then a response told in such a soft voice only Genki could hear it.

“Na…Nani!?” Genkimaru exclaimed. He dropped the phone in his shock. It disconnected. He was still for a moment, then he scampered onto Oshogo.

“Genkimaru-sama!?” Cobramaru yelled after him as the child raced over to the castle on his father’s chariot.

He didn’t respond.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

As another day came to a close, the new emperor of Ark sighed, and closed his deep brown eyes in thought. The day had been a tiring one. Some time during the mid-afternoon he had the feeling that something bad had entered a land. “Something…is definitely…”

His son barged into the room, slamming open the doors in a panic. He locked eyes with his father.

“Neotopia’s been attacked!”