SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Deadline ❯ I have to do WHAT!? ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rele: I hate you.
SG: Suck it up, Blondie.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own SD Gundam Force. If I did, we'd have gotten Season Two… on TV. I own the plot, and any original characters that wander in. Unless the characters were created by someone else. In that case, they would belong to their creators.
 
~!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!~
 
Princess Relehimana Miya de Lacroa was shocked and angrier than she'd ever been before. She stared across the large, stone-walled room. For a moment, she was absolutely speechless, which was a rare state for her. Her father, the king of Lacroa, stared back evenly from his seat on the other side of the desk. He was dressed in his royal clothes, not his warrior's outfit (he had been training earlier), but he was quite clearly in a fight right now with his only daughter.
 
“You have got to be joking.” was all Rele could finally think of saying.
 
“Of course I'm not joking.” King Lacroa snapped back peevishly. “This is much too important a matter to make jests about. And it's not something I care to discuss.”
 
“But…” The princess loved her father, but right now she wished she could take Daishinshou's sword to him. “I'm too young to be married!!”
 
“You are thirteen years old.” her father replied firmly. “It is leagal for you to be betrothed at eight, should I decide it. You're quite old enogh to be married, and I say you will be married to Dathan Peverel. And, as I said before, I do not care to discuss this any further.”
 
“You want to ruin my entire life and then not even talk about it?” demanded Rele.
 
“I am not ruining your life.” the king said, clearly struggling to keep his temper. “You would have to be married off sooner or later. I have simply decided that now is the perfect time. Lord Peverel and I are in perfect agreement on the matter. Our houses need to be joined, and a marriage between his oldest son and my only daughter is the perfect way to do it.”
 
“It's not perfect for me!” Relehimana raged. “Everybody knows that Dathan Peverel is an absolute idiot and a fop! He's not the kind of person I'd choose to marry. If I wanted to marry yet, which I don't.”
 
This was too much for the king. Rising to his feet, he slammed his fist down on the desk, almost splintering the wood. “Enough!” he thundered. “You will do as you are told. You are going to marry young Peverel. You'd marry him even if he was a drooling half-wit, should I order it. You have absolutely no say in the matter.”
 
“You would treat me so badly?” asked Rele, disgusted to find herself on the verge of tears.
 
“I will treat you any way I please.” the king answered gruffly. Then he took a deep breath and tried to be reasonable. “It is within my legal powers to marry you off when I choose and to whom I choose. I'm sorry that Peverel is such a sad case, but it can't be helped. Both of our families need this alliance. The Border Lords are getting restless again, and it may lead to skirmishes or even war. Lord Peverel and I must pool our resources to prevent this, and your marriage will be the ideal way to cement our alliance.” His voice softened slightly. “And look on the bright side. Dathan is bound to let you do anything you want, so you'll probably be running him and his castle in next to no time.”
 
Rele refused to be mollified. “Oh, fine!” she snapped. “I'm supposed to be comforted by the fact that I'll be able to boss an idiot husband around?”
 
“You will do as you are told.” King Lacroa informed her coldly. “You are to be wed in three month's time. The guests have already been invited, including the rest of the Gundam Force, and a few of the Border Lords that I want a look at. Now, you may go to your room and think about what I've said.”
 
“Three months!?” echoed Rele, aghast. “That's impossible, I-”
 
“You will do as you are told!” the king shouted again, his thinly stretched patience finally breaking. “Now go to your room, or I'll have one of the knights carry you there and lock you in!”
 
It was impossible to argue further. Rele turned her back on her father and marched out of his study. I will not cry! she told herself firmly. And I will not obey.
 
~!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!~
 
R & R, please!!
 
Stay tuned for future updates.