SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Dimensional Guardians ❯ What is going on here? ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Today was rather quiet in Georgia. Jen, a 18 year old young girl, struggles to find a job in the small town she lives in, but with no luck. We see her at a small gas station mart, asking for a job application.

"I'm sorry miss, but we got no more positions to fill here. You'll have to try somewhere else." The man told her. She hanged her head. "Aww... Well, than you anyways." She said in a kind tone.

All of a sudden, an earthquake strikes. The clerks and co-workers take refuge in safe spots and door-frames, but Jen decides to go outside. She was aware that the down does not lie near any fault line whatsoever. And though there are small tremors, there are rarely any major earthquakes in Georgia at all.

When she got outside, it suddenly stopped at it began.

"It stopped..." She said to herself. She looked up at the sky, and was completely in shock at what she saw.

In the sky was a multitude of colors, changing into the many spectrum of colors straight from the rainbow. "An aurora...?" She said to herself. "But... that can only happen in the Northern or Southern Poles..." She scratched her head. it DID look like an aurora, but the entire sky was affected. There were no ripples from any kind of solar beams or solar flares. And even though it was day, there were stars in the sky, too.

That's when the craziest thing happened. A shooting star struck against the sky, then it came careening down and at Jen, engulfing her in a bright light. She felt strange, her head became light, her eyes heavy, her body limp, she began to feel sleepy, and for a brief moment, thought she tasted starfruit. She felt her skin and body begin to shift and move, as if it was changing.

Then, she passed out.