SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Fabula of Meus Vita ❯ Showers and Storms ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay. The earlier statement about my not having seen season two is now untrue. Sweet. Bandai released all episodes un-aired in the US on dvd. It came in the other day while I was in Hilton Head. YAYAY!
 
BUT I'm gonna continue with the fic as if I had never seen them cuz if I changed it now, well, lets just say it might be too much of a pain in the butt. There might be minor changes, but nothing to drastic. And besides, I'm not done watching all of them yet. XD I just got to the part with Deed.
 
G.E.: haha you got sunburned *slaps on back*
Me: OOOWWWW!! *strangles GE*
Everyone else: *shakes head*
 
Disclaimer: NOT MINE! DON'T SUE! *hides in bathroom*
 
*this chapter happens during the events of the last chapter* fyi……..
~~~~~~~~
 
Stepping off of the GunPerry, Vikki turned and waved to the pilot then headed toward her house as the craft took off. Halfway there she was greeted by a large calico cat with a stubby bob tail, and went by the name of Snaggletooth.
 
“Hey there munchkin, did you miss your mama?” Vikki baby-talked. She bent down and let the cat climb onto her shoulders, purring as it went. She unlocked her door and dropped her stuff on the nearby counter, and headed in to the kitchen. Snaggletooth hopped down and ran over to a bowl on the floor.
 
“Mreeeeeeoooooow?”
 
“Okay, okay, Snaggs Ah'm a comin'” Vikki grabbed a can of tuna out of a cabinet, opened it, and dumped its contents into the cat bowl. Snaggs dug into the bowl as if the tuna was going to run away. Although one it did run away once with help from GunDiver #6 and a fishing rod.
 
Vikki left the feline to her dinner, and headed upstairs to her bedroom. She had a few things to catalog on her computer, and a few bills to pay, which was something no-one like doing.
 
After a few hours she looked up from the screen, saw the sun going down, and storm clouds in the distance. Vikki yawned, deciding to get a shower before the storm rolled in, and left the room. Snaggletooth, who had curled up on her bed under the windowsill some time ago, followed.
 
She looked down at the cat. “What, d'ya wanna take a shower too?”
 
“Mrooow!”
 
“Didn't think so.” Vikki grabbed her jammies and shut the bathroom door, leaving Snaggletooth alone in the hallway.
 
“mmrrrreow”
 
Ten minutes later, Vikki emerged from the bathroom in her pajamas and a bathrobe and headed for the kitchen. She grabbed a TV dinner form the freezer and popped it in the microwave.
 
Suddenly the kitchen was completely filled with a blindingly bright light followed by a loud boom that shook the kitchen. It only lasted a few seconds, but it was enough to make Vikki's head spin.
 
“What the flyin' heck was THAT?!” She dashed outside but she didn't see anything right away. She reached back inside and felt around behind the door. She found what she was looking for: a small beam pistol and a holster. Vikki slowly checked her backyard for anything unusual. Nothing was more unusual than the small crater in the backyard.
 
Cautiously she stepped toward the smoldering hole in the ground. What was in the middle shocked her. A blackened, burnt figure lay motionless. It was obviously a gundam, as the metallic armor gave that away. Vikki jumped into the hole, fearing it was one of her friends down there.
 
It wasn't anyone she knew, to her relief, but that only raised the question: W ho exactly was this gundam? It had a more slender appearance than Captain or Guneagle, and …
 
Was female.
 
Now she knew this mecha wasn't any one she'd ever met.
 
Vikki fumbled for the com-link she usually kept at her side, but found it gone, still on the kitchen counter where she left it in the house. She gave an unlady-like curse.
 
Without warning and before she could jump out of the hole to get her communicator the gundam's eyes cracked `opened' and she moved, struggling to sit up. One arm hung limp at her side, and there was a nasty gash down the length of her right leg.
 
“Woah, hold on a sec. You're hurt bad there missy.” Vikki gently put her hand on the mech's shoulder, trying to keep her from further injuring herself. But when her hand touched the armor, the unknown gundam stiffened and quickly backed away, apparently now aware that she wasn't alone. Her dark violet eyes were now wide with fear. “St-stay away!”
 
“Hang on now, Ah ain't gonna hurt ya” Vikki backed up a few steps to give her some room, the holstered her pistol. “See? Ah'm just tryin t'help ya.” The injured mech still didn't look convinced, so she completely undid the holster and tossed it a few feet away, gun and all. “See? No weapons.” The gundam blinked and relaxed only the slightest little bit.
 
“Where….where am I?” She glanced slightly around, keeping Vikki well within her field of vision.
 
“You're a few miles outside the city of Neotopia. I'm guessin' that you're from `nother dimension?” She started inching a bit closer to the mecha.
 
“I… suppose so. This …place looks nothing like Ave- I-I mean…. home.” She gave a sharp hiss as a jolt of pain shot down the side of her body. There came a small amount of relief as it began to drizzle, which soothed some of her burns underneath the armor. Vikki noticed this and moved closer to get a better look at her injuries. They were just as nasty as they looked, and the coming downpour, though it might feel good on the injuries, was probably just going to make it worse. “Name's Vikki.
 
“Mines… Mythe.”
 
“Mythe eh? Interesting name. Alright now listen here. I'm gonna hafta call for help, but Ah'll be back okay?” the unknown gundam now know as Mythe, only nodded. It was all she could do, the pain from er injuries wouldn't allow much else. Vikki turned and jumped out of the hole.
 
Back in the kitchen Vikki grabbed her com-link and a giant green (ugly) beach umbrella from the closet. The rain was starting to come down hard now and it was the only thing big enough to cover them both. Running back outside, she shouted over the storm into the com-link.
 
“SDG HQ this is Vikki Lyn! Do ya copy?”
 
“This is HQ we copy. What's your status?” The dispatcher sounded like he or she had just been pulled from a nice nap.
 
“I need a Med-Evac GunPerry! Ah've got a unknown mech down at my location!” She had made it back to the crater in her backyard, and was trying to get the umbrella over the two of them. Thankfully the wind didn't blow down into the crater too much, so the umbrella didn't blow away. Mythe was unconscious now.
 
“Copy that. What's your location?” Now the person on the other line sounded wide awake.
 
“Approximately… 7 an' a half miles…..south of th'city. Tell the pilot to look fer a crater in someone's backyard with a green umbrella in it!”
 
Copy that. There's one in your area now. ETA should be five minutes.”
 
“Ah Copy. Over.” Satisfied that help was on the way, she turned her full attention to the wounded mech. Vikki placed a hand on her shoulder and shook it gently.
 
“Hey…. Hey wake up. Ya here that. Someone's comin'. Hey!” the mech cracked open an eye and looked directly at her.
 
“You ca-*cough* came back?” She seemed surprised.
 
“O'course ah did. Ah said I was coming back, didn't I?” She smiled at Mythe, sort of understanding her distrust. This wasn't really the best of situation to meet someone the for first time. “Like ah said, help is a comin' an' they should be here in a few minutes, Okay?”
 
Mythe nodded slowly, and visibly relaxed a bit. The two sat silently, under the umbrella until they heard the sound of a GunPerry's engine. The mecha stiffened, and then relaxed again. Vikki hopped out of the hole to meet the personnel on the craft.
 
After a few minutes, Mythe was loaded onto the craft, Vikki jumped on board.
 
“Hoo boy, what a day. How am Ah gonna explain this to th'boss?”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
 
G.E.: @___@
Me: oops… oh well he was asking for it
Cap.: *drags him off to the med bay*
 
Wow these last two chapters took forever for me to get down on paper and even longer to type it. Ever had a scene completely thought out, down to every last detail, then go to write it down, and your brain just ….dies? yep that's what happened. Oh well.
 
REVIEW……….please?