SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Fabula of Meus Vita ❯ Ooze ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

OMG holy crap. See? i told you people i was slow on updates..lol
 
Job searching was getting in the way. And my poor cat. She got a haircut, and boy is she MMMMAAAAAAADDDDDDDD at me. Now we can see her fat rolls haha *is clawed by her imaginary non-existent claws*
 
Discalimer: NOT MIIIIIIIIIIIINE! DAAARN YOUUUU BANDIA!!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
BLIP! BLIP! BLIP!
 
“…Awww fudge.” Shute twisted around just enough to look at his friend and sure enough the V-fin on his head was blinking steadily.
 
“Unknown dimensional activity 2.8 miles southwest from here”
 
“Cra-ap” Shute dashed inside and deposited Nana in Keiko's arms then dashed back outside just in time to see an explosion of light a few miles away. After the light faded the two stared for a moment before taking off toward GunBike.
 
“C'mon, hurry up we ain't got all day!!!” GunBike tore out of the driveway southward towards the light.
 
“Be careful!” Keiko shouted after them.
 
Already some distance down the road, Shute asked. “What happened? Did another dimensional gate open?” He had to shout over the wind.
 
“I believe so, but the energy levels coming from this one are unusually high.”
 
“High? How high?”
 
“Approximately 137.65 % higher”
 
Shute paled. “137%?! What the heck kinda gate is that??”
 
GunBike answered. “Dunno kid, but we're about t'find out.” He turned off-road and the group drove down in silence for another minute or so before coming to a stop at a very unnatural clearing near the woods. Shute hopped out and looked around, and spotted some storm clouds in the distance. Then he noticed something else.
 
“Woah… Look at the grass, it's all burned.”
 
“It's not just the grass. Take a look at these trees.” He walked over to where Captain was standing… and froze. In the side of the forest was a perfect circle in the trees. Burned almost all the way through like a tunnel, about 10 ft in diameter and 2 ft off the ground.
 
“What… could have done this?”
 
“I am not sure, but it was most likely what ever gave off that high level of energy and that bright light that we saw.”
 
“GunBike rolled forward and examined the hole. “Well whatever it was, it hit hard, hat and fast. Take a look, there aren't any knocked down trees layin' around.” He was right. There weren't any tree on the ground. A few smoldering branches, but no burnt logs in sight.
 
“But that means they would've been incinerated instantly!” Shute gulped at his own words. “Wait if something was that hot, then why isn't the forest on fire?”
 
Captain stepped into the hole, cautiously scanning the area with every step. “Whatever the source of the flame was, it burned top quickly to harm anything that wasn't directly in its path. But the only thing I know of that burns that hot, that quickly is high energy plasma.”
“Plasma? Like your beam rifle?”
 
“Yes but on a much larger scale it seems.” At the mention of his rifle, Captain remembered that it was still in Vikki's lab. But he wasn't completely unarmed. He still had his beam saber and Vulcan cannons. The sky was starting to grow darker as the storm clouds loomed overhead
 
About 100 yards into the woods, the makeshift tunnel stopped. Just stopped. The trees ahead of them were slightly burnt, but that was it.
 
“If there was a gate here, then this is most likely where it opened” Captain stated.
 
blop gurgle
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
While the duo continued down through the woods, GunBike was back in the clearing, looking for any clues to what happened. About 100 yards out away from the opening in the woods, the burnt grass seemed to thin out, and slack off.
 
Gurgle gurgle blop gurgle
 
“Eh?” The huge cycle turned toward the sound and saw nothing.
 
Pop gurgle bubble
 
There it was again. GunBike turned and still saw nothing. He checked his scanners and found nothing in the immediate area. Odd.
 
Even stranger was the ground. It seemed closer than a few minutes ago.
 
Huh?! What the heck? He was sinking into the ground! The soil beneath the smoldering grass had turned to thick gooey mud, bogging him down.
 
But this wasn't a problem for GunBike. He simply kicked it into 4-wheel drive, (even though he doesn't have four wheels) and easily bulldozed out of the muck. He wheeled around and expected to see just a large mud hole. But what he got was something else.
 
The black `mud' started to rise up of the ground and chase him.
 
“What th'heck?!!” He gunned his engine, and bolted away before the muck could touch him. Some distance away he whipped around just him time to see the ooze form into a giant blob, roughly twice his size. After it stared sprouting legs and a head, he decided it was time to call for backup.
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Unfortunately for GunBike, some of his backup was having the same problem. About 25 or 30 smaller ooze blobs were besieging Captain and Shute.
 
“What the heck are these things?!” Shute smacked another blob away with a large stick he'd grabbed earlier. It went *splat* on contact with a tree, then reformed and jumped at Captain, who sliced through it with his beam saber.
 
“These creatures are not in my data banks!” He sliced through another creature and shot down a second with his Vulcan cannons. Then his com-link crackled to life.
 
Captain! It was GunBike. When you two are done waltzing around in the woods Ah could use come backup!” In the background he could hear GunBike's missile launchers firing and an animalistic shriek in the distance.
 
“On our way.” He replied, then turned toward his human companion, who was stomping on a blob.
 
“Shute! Head for the clearing!” The gundam grabbed at a glob that had jumped onto his shoulder, and tossed it to the ground. He didn't have to be told twice; the boy batted away another blob, and started running with Captain close behind. The ooze gave chase after the two. Minutes later they got to the clearing not believing what they saw.
 
The giant blob from before was chasing down GunBike. It must have sensed their presence because it suddenly stopped and turned toward them. GunBike took the opportunity to fire another missile. The creature screeched in pain as the missile made contact and splattered it everywhere. Captain and Shute carefully made their way around the black puddles towards the cycle.
 
“Be careful! That thing'll reform!” As if on cue, the puddles began slinking toward each other. The without warning, a mass about the size of a large dog planted it self on Captains shoulders and stuck there. Another latched onto GunBike's tires and bogged him down. He let out a string of curses.
 
“$#@%*#!#*%@#$!!”
 
Captain could only silently agree, as he was too busy trying to dislodge the blob on top of him. Shute was busy dodging and batting the blobs attacking him. “What do--these things--want?”
 
Captain had finally dislodged the blob from his shoulders and ran to assist his old instructor. “Theses things seem to be attacking anything that comes near them!” He shot another blob. “We should try and put some distance between ourselves and them!”
 
“HQ, what's the ETA on that back-up?” GunBike hollered into his com-link.
 
“ETA is right now old man! Haha!” Guneagle's voice rang through the speaker and a second later, they heard him fly over.
 
“Guneagle!”
 
“ `Bout time! …Punk.” GunBike hollered at the younger gundam. Having been freed from the muck, he drove around to where Shute was booting the creatures away. Captain had hopped on as he drove off and Shute hopped in. Guneagle released a barrage of missiles and rockets just as GunBike sped away from the creatures.
 
When GunBike stopped, they were a good fifty yards away, and the group could see the ground writhing with the goopy little monsters. As Captain had assumed, they stopped attacking as soon as they were out of range. They were just sitting there, some forming together again to form one giant blob.
 
“What the heck?! I though I blasted that thing!” Guneagle hadn't known that the creatures could reform.
 
“Well it can!” GunBike shouted back “And stay away from it! Otherwise, it'll try an' eat'cha.”
 
The thunderclouds from earlier were now directly overhead and completely darkened the sky. The steady plip plip plip of drizzling rain was accompanied by an unfamiliar sound, barely audible over GB's and GE's friendly banter. It was a faint shrieking, but it steadily grew louder to the point where Shute had to cover his ears.
 
“What in the world is that thing doing now?” He shouted
 
Captain took a moment to scan the creature before answering. From what he could tell, the beast was reacting to the rain. Every where the water it, it fizzled and smoked, and the creature shrieked.
 
“Hmm. It appears the creature is reacting to the water. Interesting.” After another few minutes, the screaming had died down, and the blob was almost non-existent. Captain stepped closer to what was left of it and found only a tiny fraction remaining. GunBike and Shute joined him.
 
“What was that thing? And more importantly, where did it come from:” GunBike wondered out loud.
 
“I'm still not sure, although I am 97.43% sure that it came from another dimension.” He peered back down at the creature's remains. The rain was beginning to come down harder. “Perhaps we should get a sample of this substance back to Kao Lyn.” As he said this, a small test tube popped up out of a compartment in his arm and scooped a bit of the goop. Then he popped it back into it's little hidey-hole.
 
The rain was really starting to pound, and the group had to start running for cover. Fortunately, a GunPerry had landed nearby, and they hopped (or drove) on. Turns out the blob critter wasn't the only surprise they would get that day. In the far corner, Vikki was knelt down by another figure.
 
It was a gundam.
 
“Could this day get any weirder?” Shute wondered out loud
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
OMG………….. my brain died when I tried to write this
 
fyi… ETA stands for Estimated Time of Arrival. I was watching Worlds Most Amazing Videos and it distracted me, but that's where it came from. I had to look it up LOL
 
I hope I did the descriptions right in this chapter…..
 
Reviews make me very happy. Flames give me an excuse to make s'mores……. If I had me some chocolate….. darn.