SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Fabula of Meus Vita ❯ Brownies and Fudge ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
I'm sorry it took me so long to update. I'm still trying to figure out why it wont load chapter three but I might find a way around that.
 
ONWARD AND UPWARD
 
G.E.: Dork
Me: *throws brick*
G.E: Ow!! ABUSE!!
Me: dork.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
 
Back on terra firma, the local high school had just let out and students were stampeding out its doors. A familiar face among the crowd pushed his way through to the bike rack and grabbed his own. Tossing his backpack over his shoulder and strapping on a helmet, Shute headed for home.
 
When he got there, he wheeled his bike around the back of his workshop, then tossed his helmet inside. Heading towards the house, he snuck in the back door as quietly as he could and headed for the kitchen. He knew exactly what he was looking for and was hoping he could snag one before his mother knew he was home.
 
Fortunately for him the kitchen was deserted and there on the counter, was a fresh out of the oven batch of brownies.
 
Jackpot
 
Shute grabbed one out the pan and devoured it. His favorite- double fudge. But before he could grab a second—
 
“Bubby!!”
 
He heard the little cry just before something latched onto him. Looking down, his little sister Nana looked back up at him.
“Hi Bubby!”
 
“Hey Nana, what are up to?”
 
Instead of answering the little 4 year old dashed out of the kitchen, hollering “Mommy, mommy, bubby's home!” He wiped off the evidence of his brownie theft and playfully chased after her through the house into the back yard. He scooped her up and held her under his arm like a sack of potatoes. Little Nana started giggling hysterically as he tickled her. After a few minutes of the, she wriggled out of her brother's grasp and dashed back inside, still giggling. Their mother met them at the door.
 
“Oh hi Mom.”
 
“Well, I'm glad you two have so much energy.”
 
Just then, they heard the loud sound of an engine coming into their driveway. He recognized it instantly.
 
“That must be Captain and GunBike. He said he would help us with the shed this after noon.”
 
“Yay! Cappy!” The little girl came back out of the house and headed for the driveway to greet their visitors.
 
“Hey, wait up Nana!” He jogged after his sister. Just as she rounded the corner, Shute heard more giggling. As he rounded the corner himself, he saw why. He froze…. And stared. Nana said it all.
 
“GunBike pink! He silly!” The cycle in question just grumbled.
 
“Uhh….wha-?”
 
“Don' ask Shute. Just…don't ask.” Captain answered for his instructor, saving him the trouble of explaining. But he had other ideas.
 
“Ah'll give you three guesses. An' the first 2 don't count!”
 
“The three stooges?” Keiko came around the corner to see what all the commotion was about.
 
“YES.”
 
Shute face-palmed. “Oi…Why didn't I think of that?”
 
“HEY!!!” He laughed and he jumped behind Captain.
 
During all this, little Nana, disappeared and reappeared with a wet sponge. She might like his new `paintjob' but he obviously didn't. So she decided that she was going to give him a hand. Or a sponge bath at least. So she started scrubbing.
 
“WHOO that's cold!” The group turned toward that startled bike. To their surprise, that paint was actually coming off.
 
“I'm washing the paint off momma! Look!” Keiko walked over.
 
“I see that honey. Good job!” Already the little four year old had half of one side mostly clean. “What did you put on Mommy's good kitchen sponge?” She asked nervously, fearing Nana had gotten into some cleaning solvents under the sink.
 
“Wa-ater” She replied in a sing-song voice.
 
“Oh really? Just water Nana?”
 
“Uh-huh” she continued scrubbing.
 
Shute got and idea. “Then this might work better!” Nana and Keiko looked curiously at him as he walked over to a nearby water hose. GunBike looked horrified.
 
“You wouldn't dare.”
 
“Aw c'mon GunBike, that paint is probably water soluble from the looks of it. And this will get it of a lot quicker.” He turned the water on and grabbed the spray-trigger at the end of the hose. Sensing the immediate are was about to be flooded, Captain snatched up Nana, and deposited her on his shoulders some ways away, along with her mother.
 
SPLOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH
 
“Gaaaahh!!!” Despite the onslaught of icy water, GunBike stood his ground. When the water stopped, he found that Shute was right. Most of the paint was gone, leaving only tiny nooks and crannies for it to hide in. Once again little Nana decided to lend him a hand.
“You missed a spot bubby!” Having been mostly cleaned off, the cycle was content to let the little girl finished the job.
 
“Hahahah!” the rest of them laughed. “Alight you two, we've got to clean out that shed before you father gets home.” Keiko declared and started off towards the back of the house with Shut and Captain in tow.
~~~~~~~
A couple of hours and one squeaky clean GunBike later…..
 
Shute plopped down on the grass as the last box made its way into the back of their pick-up for one final trip to the storage place in town. He didn't think that the seemingly small shed could hold so much junk.
 
“*phew* I'm glad that's over. I don't wanna see another box for a looong time.”
 
“I agree. There were more items in there than anticipated.”
 
“No kidding. I never knew we had a treadmill. And where the heck did all those old Jeep parts come from? How the heck did the frame for that thing get in there in one piece?” Shute wondered aloud.
 
“Your aunt gave me that treadmill, and that old Jeep? That's a remnant of your father's younger days as a grease monkey. He was planning on fixing it up and selling it. That thing hasn't seen the light of day since we got married.”
 
“Oh no, not the Jeep!” Mark, who had been home just long enough to here this revelation, whined. “Please tell me we still have it.” He was practically gravelling at Keiko's feet.
 
“Don't worry Dad, we didn't get rid of it. Just… moved it.” Shute said as he munched on a brownie. Not stolen this time, mind you.
 
“Oh good. I still plan to fix it up one day.” Mark said as he headed inside to get his own brownies.
 
It was getting dark and the crockets and frogs were starting up their nightly chorus. Captain, Shute and his little sister sat and listened for awhile, and before ling little Nana had fallen fast asleep. He glanced down at his little sister.
 
“Guess that means we should head inside, huh?”
 
Captain nodded. “Yes we need to be heading back to the base as well. Good night.”
 
“ 'Night.” Shute scooped up Nana and headed towards the back door. But just as he got there…
 
BLIP! BLIP! BLIP!
 
“…Awww fudge.”
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Love? Hate? Review?