SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ GGs Unite! ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer(s): I (Beth) own my character design, color scheme, Girotopia, and Sakura, Shute's cousin. Shiva_Goddess (Shiva) owns herself, her character design, and the title “The Huntress”. Velvet_Verdict (Liz) owns herself, her character design, and Yoroi. Everything else is Bandai's (sadly).
 
Also, I don't own Head-On.
 
GGs = Girl Gundams (refers to the Girotopian Gundam Force, which is entirely female)
 
A/N: I've tweaked the human character's ages and outfits a bit. Their new ages and outfits are are:
Shute: Age - 15
Outfit - Red t-shirt with yellow Japanese symbol for strength, long blue jeans, Rocket Skates 2.0, and a white jacket with SDG badge on the back
Rele: Age - 15
Outfit - A more formfitting dress, circlet instead of a crown, and medium high heels
Bell Wood: Age - 16
Outfit - Long-sleeve yellow shirt, baggy jeans, red sneakers
 
Other character changes will come as the characters appear.
 
%%%%%%
 
“Why are we here again?” asked Baku for what must have been the umpteenth time. The Gundam Force (minus Rele, as she was currently at home in Lacroa) was gathered at Neotopia Airport's helipad.
 
“Chief Haro requested that we be here to greet the Girotopian Gundam Force.” answered Captain. “They are being sent here for training by Chief Ronasari, leader of the Girotopian branch of the Super Dimensional Guard.”
 
“Hey, Captain? Isn't Girotopia like halfway around the world?” said Shute. “I know that whenever my cousin Sakura comes to visit, it takes her at least 13 hours to get here by jet.”
 
“Thoust has kin that lives that far away, Shute?” asked Zero. “Amazing, that families can stretch that far.”
 
“I would pay for some of my family to be that far away.” muttered Baku.
 
“Girotopia is not halfway around the world, Shute.” said Captain, as though Zero and Baku had not interrupted. “It is approximately… 9,464 miles away from Neotopia.”
 
Shute grinned. “Okay, then, 1/3 of the way around the world.”
 
Fenn, who was perched on Zero's shoulder, looked skywards out of boredom and pointed. “Frreeenn!” he purred.
 
Zero looked to where Fenn was pointing. “They're here!”
 
A grey Gunperry with a silver SDG badge on the side landed. As the passengers unloaded, Baku whispered, “The Girotopian Gundam Force is made up of women!?”
 
The new Gundam Force was not all that different from the one that you and I are familiar with. It too had one human and three Gundams. The only real difference, as Baku has so kindly pointed out, was that this Force was female. One Gundam was decidedly of Neotopian (or at least SDG) design, a female Combat Mobile Citizen with a sapphire blue and white color scheme, and all the same weaponry as Captain. The second was Lacroanian, a female Zero with a silver and blue color scheme… and a cross bow. The third Gundamess was probably from Ark, due to her purple, yellow, and black musha armor and naginata. The sole human member was a young girl of about 12 years of age. She had waist length blonde hair, eyes that matched the sky, and bangs that grew just like Shute's. Her dirty white sneakers squeaked as she pulled the wrinkles out of her jeans. She adjusted her blue hoodie as she looked around, her bespectacled eyes coming to rest on Shute.
 
“Hi, Shute!” the girl chirped. “Nice seeing you here.”
 
“What are you doing here!?” exclaimed Shute, his jaw dropping.
 
Baku looked between the two humans. “You two know each other?” he asked.
 
Shute pointed to the girl. “That's my cousin from Girotopia, Sakura.”
 
The female musha raised her hand. “Maybe introductions would make this a little easier to understand.”
 
The military Gundamess saluted. “I am Beth, but Captain might know me better as GP02.”
 
Captain nodded. “I had heard rumors of your existence.”
 
The female knight spoke next. “I am Shiva the Huntress, also known as the Knight of Nature.”
 
Zero blushed. “He- hello, Shiva.”
 
The female musha gave the Gundam Force a small head bow. “I am Lizaruika, the Warrior of Sound. Most people shorten it to Liz.”
 
Baku slapped himself on the forehead. “Great, Screech's back. Plug your ears, everyone.”
 
Sakura grinned, pushing her slipping glasses back up her nose. `And as you all know, thanks to Shute, I'm Sakura, age 12.”
 
Shute laughed. “Nice to see you again, Chibi.”
 
Sakura glared at him. “My name's not Chibi, airhead.”
 
“Now that we're all introduced,” said Captain, “Can we get to business? Your training will take place at Blanc Base.”
 
%%%%%%
 
The GGs stared in awe at the impressive sight of Blanc Base. “This has got to be at least 20 times bigger than Diamond Base.” whispered Sakura in awe.
 
“Diamond Base?” inquired Captain, who had spent most of the ride back talking to Beth.
 
“The SDG base in Girotopia.” she replied.
 
“Ah, I see now. If you would follow me, the briefing room is this way.” said Captain, pointing down the hall.
 
As the group walked, Zero floated down to walk next to Shiva. “I was not aware that you were in this dimension, Shiva. How did you come to be here?”
 
Shiva thought for a moment. “As you know, I serve Princess Rele's cousin, Lord Deleon. He is quite interested in other dimensions, so when the call went out for knights to go join the SDG, he sent me.”
 
Baku turned to Liz, who had spent the ride back drawing near photographic pictures of her companions. “And how'd you get here, Screech?”
 
Liz looked at Baku. “Well, I was kind of out of a job. There's not much call for an artist in Ark. So, I volunteered to go.”
 
Shute was at the back of the group, walking with his younger cousin. “Hey, Sakura?”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Out of curiosity, how'd you meet Beth?”
 
Sakura sweat-dropped. “Believe it or not, I crashed into her on my hover-board. Typical blonde entrance on my part.”
 
Both the kids laughed as the group turned into a room with a long table. The chair at the far end swiveled to reveal Chief Haro. Both Gundam Forces saluted. “Sir!”
 
Chief Haro returned the gesture. “At ease. Welcome to Blanc Base. How was your trip?”
 
Beth nodded. “Very good, thank you-”
 
The door burst open to reveal Gunbike. “Training time! Where're the new recruits?”
 
The GGs sweat-dropped. “Umm… over here?” volunteered Liz.
 
Gunbike revved his engine. “I'm supposed to train a bunch of girls?”
 
The GGs all glared at him, their eyes flaming. “Why is it that everyone's surprised that we're women?” asked Shiva of no-one in particular.
 
Gunbike seemed to shrink beneath the angry glares. “I… you see… err… gotta go!” He sped out of the door.
 
Chief Haro sweat-dropped. “I see that we won't need to introduce you to Gunbike. He will begin training you tomorrow.”
 
Sakura nodded. “And what should we do in the mean-time, sir?”
 
Shute raised his hand. “We could show them around Neotopia and Blanc Base if you want, Chief Haro.”
 
Chief Haro nodded, his ears flipping his cap. “Please do so. Dismissed.”
 
%%%%%%
Superior Defender Gundam Force will be right back!
 
 
*“Head-On, apply directly to the forehead. Head-On, apply directly to the forehead. Head-On, apply-” BAM! A hole was blasted through the screen to reveal Destroyer Dom holding a Head-On package and a bazooka. “Dah… commercial stupid, product great.”*
 
 
You're reading Superior Gundam Force! (A/N: Sorry, couldn't resist.)
%%%%%%
 
“… and this is the repair bay. Hey, Kao Lyn, are you in here?” called Shute.
 
“In here, sonny!” shouted the wizened technician. “Showing some of your little friends around?”
 
“We're showing the Girotopian Gundam Force around. They have been stationed here.” said Captain as the group moved into the room.
 
Kao Lyn began flipping around the GGs. “Oho, new recruits! This should make Gunbike happy!” He stopped flipping and landed in front of the group. “And how is my dear granddaughter doing?”
 
“Lira is doing fine.” said Liz. When Kao Lyn nodded, pleased, she pulled out a small holo-card. “She asked me to give this to you.”
 
Kao Lyn pressed a button on the card and a hologram of a girl with brown hair and a white lab coat came to life. The hologram pulled down an eyelid, stuck out its tongue, and shouted “NYAAAAAAAAAAAH!” As Kao Lyn slowly grinned, the holo-card flashed the message `Tag, Grandpa, you're it!'
 
Kao Lyn laughed. “Oho, my granddaughter hasn't changed a bit! Now, scoot along, I've got work to do!”
 
Shute nodded. “Yes sir!'
 
%%%%%%
 
“This is the launch bay.” said Captain. “Juli, are you here?”
 
“Over here, Captain!” the purple-haired woman called, waving the Force over. She turned to the GGs. “You're from Girotopia, correct?” When they nodded, she asked “And how is my brother Dar doing?”
 
Sakura grinned. “Pretty good, considering the fact that he's the only guy in a base full of girls and still can't get a date.” Juli laughed.
 
“That sounds like him, all right. You guys need a launch to Lab C?”
 
Shute nodded. “Yes, please.”
 
Baku turned to Shute. “Are we going to see Bell Wood?”
 
Zero lightly kicked Baku in the back of the head. “What, are you going to pester him about the dimensional transport machine again?”
 
Juli quickly stepped between the would-be combatants. “There will be NO battles to the death in this office. Wait `till you reach the ground for that.”
 
%%%%%%
 
As the group watched the red-and-blue dust cloud go back and forth, Fenn floated down from his perch in the sky to land on Sakura's head. “Frenn!”
 
Sakura looked up at the fluffy spirit. “And who would you be, little guy?” she asked, scratching the side of his head.
 
Shute laughed, watching Fenn's tail wag back and forth. “That's Fenn. He follows Zero around.”
 
Sakura had by now coaxed Fenn into her arms and was cuddling him while his tail wagged a mile a minute. “Awww, he's so cute. Is he from Lacroa?”
 
Shiva nodded. “Yep! I remember seeing him during training.”
 
Liz pulled out a near photographic drawing of Fenn and showed it to him. “What do you think?”
 
Fenn examined the drawing, and then rubbed himself against the side of Liz's head in thanks. “Freeeeeenn!”
 
Shiva scratched the side of Fenn's head. “I think he likes it, Liz.”
 
Beth emoted a smile as Fenn floated over and landed on her head. “He is rather cute.”
 
By now, Baku and Zero's fight had ended (A/N: See, they waited `till they reached the ground.), with a flaming cape and a Baku-shaped rose bush as the result.
 
“Shall we go visit Bell Wood now?” said Captain.
 
The group moved towards the huge dimensional transport device, and Shute called out, “Hey, Doctor, where are you?”
 
“Down here!”
 
Shute and Captain bent and helped the goggled boy out of the circular trap door. Bell Wood turned around and studied the GGs. “Great, more newbies. And girls at that.”
 
A vein began to throb on Sakura's head. “One more comment about us being female and I swear I'll…” she growled.
 
“So, is this the dimensional transport device?” asked Liz, cutting off Sakura's comment.
 
Bell grinned. “Yep!”
 
Liz pulled out a drawing pad and began to sketch the machine. “Does it work yet?”
 
Bell sweat-dropped. “No, not yet. We use the Zakorello Gate for that.”
 
Liz held up the pad and compared her drawing to the real thing. “Oh, cool.”
 
Bell turned to Beth. “You guys are from Diamond Base, correct?”
 
Beth nodded. “Yes, that is correct. Why do you ask?”
 
“No reason. Just wondering how my sister is doing.” he said, pulling off his goggles and polishing the lenses.
 
Beth's eyes went unfocused, as though she were searching through a database. “Your last name is Wood, correct?”
 
Bell nodded. “Mmm-hmm.”
 
Beth's eyes snapped back into focus. “Karissa is doing fine. So are Tama, Sara, Elise, and Sydney.”
 
Shute stared at Bell. “You've got a big family.”
 
Bell sighed a mushroom cloud. “I've got quintuplet sisters. Birthdays are always fun, I can tell you that much.”
 
Baku leaned against the device's base. “At least this is still in one piece, eh?”
 
As the last word left Baku's mouth, the entire device crumbled into scrap with Baku leaning against thin air. Bell moaned.
 
“Baku, you did it again!” he cried.
 
Shute scooted towards the Gunperry that had brought them there. “Maybe now would be a good time to leave.”
 
%%%%%%
 
After a few more stops, the group stopped at Shute's house for some home-made pizza.
 
Shiva reached for the last slice of pizza only to have it snatched away by Baku. “Too slow!”
 
Shiva glared at him. “Fork it over, BAKAnetsumaru.”
 
Baku's eyes narrowed. “Not a chance.”
 
Shiva snapped her fingers. Baku flinched, expecting roses. Instead of roses, however, two vines shot out of the ground, wrapping themselves around Baku's ankles and hoisting him into the air. Shiva looked up at him, ignoring the laughter from Shute and Sakura and Zero and Captain's shocked expressions. “Put the pizza down, and I'll put you down.”
 
Baku dropped the pizza, and Shiva caught it. “Thank you.” She snapped her fingers again, and Baku slammed into the ground as the vines slithered back into the dirt.
 
Liz looked at Zero and Captain's facial expressions. “First thing you need to know about Shiva. She's really friendly, but has the temper of your average musha Gundam.”
 
Shiva swallowed her hard-won pizza. “Whereas you, my Arkanian friend, have the temperament of a Lacroanian knight.”
 
Shute looked up at Shiva and Liz. “Hey, Shiva? Liz? What are your powers?”
 
Liz looked at Shute. “Powers? What do you mean, Shute?”
 
Shute pointed to Zero and Baku, who had gotten into another pointless argument. “Well, Zero uses wind and Baku uses fire, so I was wondering what elements you guys used.”
 
Shiva grinned. “As you've seen, I can bend plant life to my will. I can also communicate telepathically with both techno-organic and just plain organic animals. It comes in handy at times, I can tell you that.”
 
Shute turned to Liz. “And what can you do, Liz?”
 
Liz pulled her naginata out and held it in a ready-stance. “Here, I'll show you. Name a band and one of their songs.”
 
Shute blinked. “Huh?”
 
Sakura smirked. She knew what was coming. “Just do it, cousin.”
 
Shute thought a moment. “Okay. I pick… `Power To Believe' by Whiteberry.”
 
Liz nodded. “Alrighty then.” She tightened her grip on the naginata and focused on the blade. After a moment, the air seemed to pulse and Shute's chosen song was heard emanating from the blade.
 
Shute and Captain's eyes widened. “Whoa.”
 
Liz put the weapon away. “As you have now heard, I can manipulate sound waves. Useful for fooling the enemy.”
 
Captain turned to Beth. “Are you run by a Soul Drive as well?”
 
Beth nodded and snapped her fingers. A hologram of a Soul Drive with a silver flame and two silver rings flickered to life over her palm. “Yes, although it's come to be called the Silver Drive.”
 
Shute glanced at Beth, who was cleaning her glasses. “What can you do, cousin?”
 
Sakura pushed her slipping glasses back up her nose. “I'm just a glorified cheerleader with a hover-board. No real specialty here.”
 
Shiva smirked behind her faceplate. “Unless you count an extreme case of the `dumb blondes' as a specialty.”
 
Shute laughed. “Ha-ha.”
 
Sakura chucked a bread stick at Shiva's head. “Very funny, plant girl.”
 
The group relaxed as the evening wore on. Tomorrow is a different chapter.
 
%%%%%%
 
And so the chapter ends, with a new Gundam Force arrived for training. Will Gunbike go easier on them in training because they're female? R&R and find out!
 
A/N: Yes, Sakura will trust anything that's cute (i.e. Fenn). This will become more apparent as the story goes on.
 
A/N #2: Dar is owned by Velvet_Verdict. You can find pictures of him in the Fanart section.
 
P.S.: Liz, Shiva, sorry if I mangled your characters. I didn't mean to if I did. Sorry!