SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ GGs Unite! ❯ Training ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer(s): I (Beth) own my character design, color scheme, Girotopia, and Sakura, Shute's cousin. Shiva_Goddess (Shiva) owns herself, her character design, and the title “The Huntress”. Velvet_Verdict (Liz) owns herself, her character design, and Yoroi. Everything else is Bandai's (sadly).
 
There will be a `commercial' in every chapter from here on in.
 
NGF = Neotopian Gundam Force
 
%%%%%%
 
The GGs had opted to stay the night at Blanc Base, and Sakura was warm and cozy with no intentions of moving for another 30 minutes if she could help it.
 
She couldn't.
 
“Up and at `em, Blondie, its training time!” shouted Gunbike, blaring an air horn into Sakura's ear. Sakura grabbed her pillow and attempted to use it to muffle the air horn.
 
“Ugh, it's too early. Five more minutes, zzzz…” she mumbled sleepily, rolling over.
 
Gunbike seemed to smirk. “Fine, we'll wake you up the hard way. Go ahead, Gundiver1.” All of a sudden, Sakura was drenched in ice-cold water. She sat up shrieking.
 
COLD! COLD! COLD! COLD! And you can stop laughing now, Shute!” she shouted, using the comforter to scrub her face dry.
 
“No, I can't! Hahahaha!” laughed Shute, leaning against the doorway for support as he doubled over in mirth. “Anyways, it's 6:00 AM, and time to get up. So come on and get up unless you want another drenching.”
 
Sakura sat up, grumbling, as she swung her legs over the side of the bed and put her glasses on. “Fine, but you lot need to get out so I can get dressed.”
 
%%%%%%
 
Five minutes later…
 
 
Sakura walked into the common room in the same outfit as the day before. “Hey, Beth, anything good left to eat? Or have Shiva and Liz eaten everything as usual?” she joked, grinning.
 
The SDG Gundamess tossed an apple to the blonde. “Here you go.”
 
Sakura munched on the fruit. “Thanks.”
 
Gunbike rolled into the room. “It's about time you woke up.”
 
Sakura rolled her eyes. “Good morning to you too, sir.”
 
Gunbike reversed `til he could see all four GGs. “Alright, we'll be in the exercise room for two hours (here Sakura face-flinched), and then we need to head down to the Zakorello Gate. Something about a mech-kitsune from Ark.”
 
Liz nodded. “That'd be Yoroi.”
 
Gunbike continued. “After that, we'll head for the training room. Chief Ronasami- no, Ronakaimi- no, what was it?”
 
Shiva looked up from polishing her cross bow. “Most just shorten it to Chief Ron.”
 
Gunbike sweatdropped. “Thanks. Anyway, as I was saying, Chief Ron has sent holo-training programs for each of you, and after we run through those, you'll be sparring against the NGF.”
 
Liz whistled. “Full morning, huh?”
 
Gunbike plowed on. “After that we'll break for lunch, and then we'll head back down to the Zakorello Gate so you can meet the fifth member of the NGF, Princess Rele. After that, free time until dinner. Any questions? No? Good, let's go.” With that, he led the slightly bewildered GGs from the room.
 
%%%%%%
 
Two hours later…
 
 
“Can't… breathe…” gasped Shiva. Gunbike had her running on one of the many treadmills for the better part of two hours, and she was tired.
 
“Just be glad that you didn't have to bench press five times your own weight.” wheezed Liz, clutching her side.
 
Sakura grabbed a towel and a change of clothes. “I'm gonna head for the showers. Be back in five.” As she walked away, everyone else in the room could hear her mutter, “Easier way to do push-ups, my butt.”
 
Beth was still lifting weights. “I will be finished momentarily.”
 
%%%%%%
 
Five minutes later…
 
 
The GGs and Gunbike stood before the bright yellow gate, waiting for Yoroi to come through. Behind them, they heard a voice shout “Hey! Nobody told me there were chicks here!”
 
The GGs turned to see a Gundam with fin-funnel-like wings running towards them. He stopped in front of the girls and gave them appraising looks. “Nice.” he said, nodding.
 
Gunbike revved his engine. “Get back on patrol, Guneagle, or I'll report you to the chief.”
 
Guneagle saluted. “Yes, sir.” To the GGs, he said “I'll see you ladies later.” With that he flew off.
 
Gunbike turned to the GGs. “Sorry about that. Guneagle was programmed with the mind of a hormonal 16-year-old. He gets a bit quirky sometimes.”
 
Shiva shook her head. “Forget quirky. That boy is an outright lecher.” The other girls snorted with laughter.
 
All of a sudden, the Zakorello Gate crackled with energy. “Opening.” it droned.
 
The group watched as a mech-kitsune leapt through. The primarily white kitsune had three black, purple, and yellow tails, and its shoulder was roughly at the height of Chief Haro's head. The kitsune trotted over to Liz and rubbed its head against her in greeting. Hello, Mistress Lizaruika.
 
Liz scratched the kitsune behind the ear. “Hello, Yoroi.”
 
Gunbike was shocked. “How can I understand you? I didn't hear you with audio receptors, I heard you in my head.”
 
Yoroi seemed to grin. I can project my thoughts so that others may understand me. It's easier than standing there like a stupid horse. (A/N: Opinionated, isn't she?)
 
Sakura pointed to the juncture between Yoroi's neck and shoulders where her saddle sat. “Hey, Yoroi, what's that?”
 
Yoroi crouched down so Sakura could reach the white box that currently occupied the saddle. Chief Ron asked me to deliver this to you, young one. She said something like “Maybe Sakura can shut it up.”
 
Sakura pulled down the box, but before she could open it, it burst open and a smoke grey Haro, roughly the size of Chief Haro's mask, was flapping its ears and hovering in front of Sakura's face. “So you thought you could leave me in Girotopia, huh?” it shouted in a high-pitched voice, its eyes flashing an angry blue.
 
Sakura sweatdropped. “Heh, sorry, Shadow. I didn't mean to leave you behind.”
 
Gunbike rolled forward. “Umm, Yoroi? There may be a slight problem. You won't fit through the door.”
 
Yoroi leapt into the air. I can fix that. Catch, Mistress Lizaruika.
 
Liz rolled her eyes and held out her arms. “Show-off.” What landed in her arms can only be described as a chibi-fied Yoroi, cute chubbiness and all.
 
Shadow huffed and plopped into Sakura's arms. “Can we go now?”
 
Gunbike revved his engine and headed for the door. “Right. This way, girls.”
 
%%%%%%
 
Superior Defender Gundam Force will be right back!
 
 
*Need a weapon on short notice? Then come on down to Destroyer Dom's Weapons Surplus, located on the Magna-Musai, where you're allowed to use annoying people and mechs for target practice. We carry everything from pea-shooters to rubber ball bazookas. Destroyer Dom's Weapons Surplus, for all your weaponry needs.*
 
 
You're reading Superior Defender Gundam Force!
 
%%%%%%
 
Baku looked at the chibi-kitsune in Liz's arms and sighed. “Great, Screech Jr. is here.”
 
Yoroi glared at the samurai. Silence, you impertinent fool. (A/N: LOL!)
 
Shute waved to the Haro in Sakura's arms. “Hey, Shadow, what's up?”
 
Shadow flew up and landed on Shute's head. “Not much. Nice to see you.”
 
Gunbike got everyone's attention. “Alright, first up for training programs is Beth, then Liz, then Shiva, and lastly Sakura. After that, you lot will be sparring against one another, and then lunch. I understand that Juli's sister runs the Chinese buffet in the city, and she's agreed to give you guys a freebie.”
 
A wire flew out from Gunbike's side and plugged into the computer bank. “Okay, Beth, you can head on down.” Beth nodded and stepped into the training room. Her surrounding shimmered to reveal an underwater world, complete with fish and mechanical sharks. Beth did a double take. Wait, mechanical sharks? Not good. she thought as she kicked upwards to avoid getting turned into lunch. Shute turned to the remaining GGs.
 
“Why is this training program underwater?” he asked.
 
Sakura stopped cheering for a minute to answer. “Well, Beth was built to operate on land, so my guess would be that Chief Ron wants her swimming skills to increase.”
 
Back in the training room, Beth was having a hard time dodging the sharks. “Alright, time for sushi!” she cried as she pulled out a rocket launcher. KA-BLAM! Three of the sharks were blown to bits. Three down, one highly pissed-off hammerhead to go. she thought as she twisted to avoid the final shark. All of a sudden, the lights within the training room shut off. As Beth switched on her shoulder-mounted lights, she could tell that the hammerhead had a clear advantage.
 
“C'mon, Beth! Show that over-grown koi fish how to fight!” shouted Sakura. “Show him the meaning of girl power!”
 
Yoroi gave an encouraging howl. Show him a warrior's might!
 
Shiva pumped her fist into the air. “Knock `im dead, my friend!”
 
“Hurry up and finish!” called Liz. “I want a turn before lunch!”
 
Beth began to give off a silvery glow that illuminated the entire room. Shadow's ears flapped. “The Silver Drive has activated!”
 
The mechanical hammerhead wasted no time in attacking. It slammed into Beth's side, formidable jaws clamping down over her fist. Beth snickered. “Now that wasn't very smart.” she said mockingly. “SILVER BEAM!” The shark exploded into white hot fragments of scrap metal, revealing a bright silver fist and a triumphant Beth. The walls shimmered and went back to their normal white.
 
Baku was in shock. “That was INCREDIBLE!”
 
As Beth walked back into the viewing room, Captain said “That was most impressive.”
 
Zero handed her a rose. “For you, milady.”
 
Beth blushed as she took the rose. “Awww, thanks.”
 
“Not bad, kid. Alright, Liz, it's your turn.” said Gunbike. As Liz trotted into the large training room, Gunbike turned to Yoroi. “Go with her. Oh, and you're gonna want to be in your normal form.” Yoroi nodded, leaping into the room and shifting to normal as she did.
 
The walls around the two Arkanians seemed to disappear, placing them in a forest filled with very tall trees. From about two-thirds of the way up the trees came a loud buzzing sound.
 
What are we supposed to be doing? Swatting giant mosquitoes? asked Yoroi, crouching down so Liz could climb on.
 
Liz shrugged. “Don't know. Could be.” As soon as she was safely in the saddle, Yoroi leapt into the trees. As they climbed higher, they could see that the buzzing sound was being made by several targets. Liz grinned. “This should be easy. SLASHING SOUNDWAVE!” Liz brought her naginata slicing down through the air, creating a bright purple and black scythe of light that ripped through one of the targets.
 
Yoroi grinned. My turn, Mistress Lizaruika. KITSUNE'S HOWL! A beam of pure white energy shot from Yoroi's mouth, completely obliterating five of the targets. What in the name and honor of Ark - ?
 
The destroyed targets had re-formed! Sakura blinked. “What the heck? That's not fair!” she cried.
 
Baku grinned. “I know what she has to do.”
 
Shadow's ears flapped. “What?”
 
Baku cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled, “Oy, Liz! Try attacking them physically!”
 
Liz shrugged. “It's worth a shot.” Yoroi jumped close to one of the targets. When they were close enough, Liz leapt from the saddle and slashed the target to ribbons. “It didn't re-form! Yes! Thanks, Baku-san!”
 
As Liz landed on a tree branch, Yoroi rebounded off a tree trunk. TAIL WHIP! Yoroi spun in a tight mid-air circle, her tails obliterating three of the targets. After a few more minutes of slashing and spinning, a triumphant Liz and Chibi-Yoroi stepped into the viewing room.
 
“That was cool!” said Shute. “Nice job, you two!”
 
Yoroi flicked her tails dismissively. It was nothing.
 
“That was cool!” said Sakura, Beth and Shiva in unison.
 
Liz turned to the red-clad samurai. “Thanks for the advice, Baku-san.”
 
Baku blushed. “No problem.”
 
Gunbike honked his horn, making everyone in the room jump. “Can we get back to training? Shiva, you're up!”
 
Shiva stepped to the middle of the training room and loaded her cross bow. “Ready.” The walls disappeared once more, this time being replaced by open sky and grassy plain. Shadow's voice came on over the loudspeaker.
 
“Alrighty then, Shiva, take flight!” chirped the grey Haro happily.
 
Shiva sweatdropped. “Therein lies the problem”
 
“What problem?” asked Shute.
 
The observing GGs sweatdropped. “Shiva can't fly.” said Sakura.
 
The NGF face faulted. “WHAT!?!”
 
Liz spoke next. “Well, she can fly, in a sense; she just doesn't use mana to do it.”
 
“Well then, what does she use?” asked Gunbike.
 
Beth pointed to the knight down in the training room. “Wait a second, you'll see.”
 
Down below, Shiva had begun to give off an ethereal green glow. A glowing, emerald green circle of light spread out from under her feet. All of a sudden, a chunk of earth rose, lifting Shiva with it.
 
Sakura grinned. “That's why she's called the Knight of Nature…”
 
The floating earth shot forward, Shiva riding it like a hoverboard. A target suddenly loomed ahead, suspended within a floating ring. Shiva lifted her cross bow and… TWANG! Five arrows ripped through the target, allowing Shiva to pass through the ring unhindered.
 
“… And that is why she's called the Huntress.” finished Sakura.
 
Shiva was flying faster now, ripping through the targets like they were rice paper. All of a sudden, the targets changed from bulls-eyes to brick walls. Without blinking, Shiva thrust her hands forward. Instantly, vines shot out of the floating earth, reducing the walls to dust.
 
Shadow was flipping through the air. “Go Shiva, go Shiva, go, go, go Shiva!”
 
In a matter of moments, Shiva had demolished the last few targets and replaced the chunk of floating earth to it's original spot. As she walked back into the viewing room, Zero stuttered “Th- that was quite good, Shiva.”
 
Shiva winked at the stuttering knight, causing him to blush. “Aw, thanks, Zero.”
 
Gunbike revved his engine. “Alright, Sakura, you're up! You're gonna need your hoverboard and beam pistols.”
 
Beth handed Sakura the said items. “Here you go, Sakura. Good luck!”
 
Sakura strapped the hoverboard to her feet and floated out into the middle of the training area. The entire area went black, and little yellow lights dropped down through the ceiling. “Okay, it's a glow-in-the-dark shooting gallery.” she said, causing the occupants of the observation room to laugh.
 
Shadow seemed to smirk. “I made this program. Just wait `til you all see what the lights do when she hits one.”
 
As if on cue, Sakura raised her pistols and fired at one of the lights. As one would expect, the light shattered, but each of the fragments formed a smaller light. Sakura sweatdropped. “Great, I'm fighting the light bulbs that wouldn't die.” Then she noticed that one of the lights was floating close to another one. She grinned. “Bingo.”
 
She raised the pistols once more and fired. “Dang, they still form smaller lights!” Apparently destroying one light with bits of another was not the way to beat the program. “Maybe if I fly through them... yeah, that should work!” whispered Sakura to herself. She leaned forward, and the hoverboard responded by shooting forward through the small flock of lights. Ten of them attempted to follow her and promptly exploded as they collided with each other.
 
Beth whistled. “That's my girl!”
 
Shiva laughed. “Apparently the `blonde effect' isn't taking place today, eh, Sakura?”
 
Sakura ginned as she heard the cheers of her friends. “Not today, Shiva, not today!” she called as she plunged back through the lights, taking out another 15 as she did. Another minute passed, and the lights were history. Sakura floated into the viewing room to cheers.
 
Shute hugged his cousin. “That was great!”
 
Sakura grinned. “Thanks!”
 
Gunbike grinned. “Alright, time for sparring!”
 
%%%%%%
 
Next Chapter: The GGs vs. the NGF! Sparks will fly, dirt will be eaten, and Shute will learn why it is not wise to smack a Haro.
 
R&R, my friends!