SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ How You Remind Me (The Ring) ❯ This is How You Remind Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is How You Remind Me…

This song I've listened this song by Nickelback a few million times and kinda reminds me of Bakunetsumaru and Zero! ^_^ Hope you enjoy…Warning: A bit Shonen-ai here. x.x Okay, a LOT here. Baku/ Zero. I was trying to think of the next chappie for Hate, Love and Flaming Roses and came up with this…it has nothing to do with the plot of that story, so it's a diff story. :p I gotta stop doing this and do my homework and other fics! X_X

Bakunetsumaru sat on a rock that overlooked the sea on a cliff a little ways from Neotopia. He reflected on his past here. He didn't like to think of it…but he knew he couldn't stop himself. Maybe he'll become Zero from remembering too much. He laughed to himself. That would be an interesting thing.

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'

Zero looked at Bakunetsumaru from the trees of the nearby forest. He knew Baku didn't know of his presence. Much like Zero didn't know what he was thinking for that matter. He sat in the branches of an old oak and sighed. Why did he constantly follow him like a stalker? To make sure he was safe?

Why the hell did he care? He'd always insult him to no end. He sighed. He didn't know, and didn't care about his reason for doing this all the time. He looked back at Bakunetsumaru, motionless as a statue in a museum.

Tired of livin' like a blind man
I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

Bakunetsumaru stood up suddenly and looked down at the waves. Zero blinked, suddenly getting a bad feeling in his gut. Was he going to jump?

Bakunetsumaru took something off of his sword sheathe that he tied on there earlier, and stared at it for a little bit.

Zero strained to see what it was. It was too little for him to see, but it twinkled in the sunlight.

Bakunetsumaru then drew his right hand back with the object, like he was about to toss it. He stood in that position for a while then just tossed whatever it was to the ground and leaned against the rock, looking distraught. He then kicked some dirt on it, and walked away from the cliff.

When Bakunetsumaru was out of sight, Zero flew over to the cliff and looked on the ground for whatever it was that was troubling Bakunetsumaru. He then saw it and gasped. " What in the world is he doing with one of these?" He picked up a gold ring with diamonds on it. " …An engagement ring?" He slipped it on his finger. Surprisingly it fit him. He took it off and looked at it closely. The band was kind of wide. He then saw an inscription in the inside. It was in Bakunetsumaru's language. He taught Zero and the other's how to read that language somewhat, so he strained to read.

" To my…love…forever…Bakunetsumaru…" Zero's eyes widened. Who was this from?

***

Bakunetsumaru was at the S.D.G base polishing his swords in his room. It wasn't much; a dresser, a few Japanese characters painted on the walls and a poster of the movie that they were making above his bed. He always got absorbed into his polishing that he'd forget about anything that went around him.

He was humming a song he heard on the radio at Shute's the other day. He didn't understand what it was about, but he liked the tune and the music.

There was a knock at his door. He didn't hear it until they knocked a second time. " Oh-come in."

Guneagle came in. " Hey, man," he said. " The Chief wants you and Zero to check something out near the park. Says there's some strange signals commin' from there." Bakunetsumaru stood up; sheathing the sword he was polishing. " I'm on it."

" Oh, and just to warn ya," Guneagle added before leaving, " Flower-Boy seems kinda moody today…so try not to piss him off. I know it's a lot to ask…" Baku tried to glare, but just shook his head while rolling his eyes.

" Very funny."

This is how you remind me…

Zero was floating a few feet above Bakunetsumaru as he rode on Entagno on the ground. He glanced up at Zero. Guneagle was right, he was moody today. PMS maybe? He chuckled quietly to himself.

Zero barely talked to Bakunetsumaru the entire time they were out here. It was bugging Baku a lot. " Stop, Entango," he ordered to his horse. The metallic horse stopped with a slight neigh. " Hey, Zero! Come down here!" he called before Zero got too far ahead.

Zero looked back at him blankly for a moment, then flew over to him and landed. " What is it?"

Bakunetsumaru dismounted. " …What's wrong?" Zero crossed his arms. " What are you talking about?"

" Don't give me that." Baku shook a finger at him. " I know something's wrong, so what is it?" Zero just looked at him. There was an unusual silence between them for what seemed like minutes.

" Well? What is it?" Baku growled, then softened. " It helps to talk about things that are troubling you with your friends…"

" Well, what if it your friends keeping secrets from you that is upsetting you?!" Zero snapped. Baku tilted his head to the side. " What are you talking about?"

" You know damn well what I'm talking about!"

" No I don't!" Bakunetsumaru was totally confused. Maybe it was PMS. He would have laughed again, but he didn't think Zero was in the mood. " Zero, I don't know what you're talking about. Honest," he said somewhat quietly.

Zero glared at him. He didn't really know why he was so angry with him. Oh yeah, the ring. But he didn't really know why he was so mad for that. Maybe because he tossed something that someone who loved him gave? Could be.

Zero then snapped his fingers and the ring appeared in his right hand. Bakunetsumaru gasped. " How…wha…" He shook his head. " Where did you find that, Zero?" he demanded.

" Where I found it is none of your concern. You should be ashamed of yourself for tossing this thing in the first place! Ashamed of not even telling me about it!!" Bakunetsumaru didn't really know what the big deal was. " So what? It's nothing!"

" Nothing?! NOTHING?!" Zero fumed. " 'To my love forever, Bakunetsumaru'!" He froze. " Recognize that?!"

" I…" The Blazing Samurai looked down. " That's none of your business…" he whispered.

" What?"

" It's none of your damn business to know anything about me!"

" FINE!!" Zero flew into the air quickly and sped off. " HEY! Get back here! Zero!!" Baku called after the knight. " Oh for the love of Chaos…"

**

Zero kicked the nearest tree and knocked it over. He was so mad at Bakunetsumaru now…. maybe he should get a voodoo doll of him or something. " None of my business?" He sat on the ground. " Why wouldn't it be? I'm his friend for god's sake!"

It's not like you to say sorry, I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking
I've been wrong, I've been down, been to the bottom of every bottle
These five words in my head scream "are we havin' fun yet?"

He looked at the ring again. He was married! Why didn't he mention that he was married? Was he ashamed of it or something? Or maybe was it…

Zero froze. Was that it? He looked down at the ring again, his expression softening. " Bakunetsumaru…"

Bakunetsumaru rode on Entago's back, utterly confused yet a bit mad. " So what if he found the ring? It should've been buried a long time ago…" he muttered to no one in particular. Entengo gave a neigh of protest to what he said. " Shut up," he said, " I am not being selfish." Entago let out another neigh that suspiciously sounded like chuckling. " HEY! Don't you laugh at me, horsy!"

" Bakunetsumaru…?" Bakunetsumaru lifted his head up to see Zero hovering against the setting sun. " Um…I'm sorry for over-reacting," Zero started. " It is your business, and I have no right to tell you what to do."

Bakunetsumaru stared at Zero. " Who are you and what have you done with Zero?" Zero sweatdroped. " Shut up." Bakunetsumaru dismounted and patted his horse's neck. " Well…I guess I should tell you…." He turned to Zero.

" I was married to the emperor's daughter. But…" He looked down.

It's not like you didn't know that
I said I love you and I swear I still do
And it must have been so bad…

" She…. she was….killed…" Bakunetsumaru choked out. Zero took a step towards him, but stopped. " …Where did you find the ring, Zero?"

Zero stood there as the wind pulled at his cape and the sun lowered more behind him. " …I found it on a cliff after you threw it down."

" How'd you know I did that?" Zero looked at him, but wanted to look away but couldn't. " I…was following you."

" Why?" Bakunetsumaru didn't know if he was kidding or not. " I…" Zero looked away this time. " …Wanted to make sure you were alright…" He coughed. " I was just being…a bit paranoid today, that's all."

Zero thought that Baku was going to start yelling at him for following him, but instead he gave a slight nod and a smile. " Nice to know I'm cared for." Zero looked up, surprised.

" Baku…if you don't mind me asking, how did your wife die?"

Bakunetsumaru drew in a breath. " Well, it was the day after our wedding…

" Our families arranged this marriage. We didn't like the arrangements one bit. In fact, we fought like we do!" Bakunetsumaru laughed, then continued. " The day after the wedding, we got into a very big disagreement about…umm…" he trailed off.

" About what?"

" …..That's the thing, it was so long ago, I can't remember." Zero facefaulted. " But I know that we hated one another greatly for it. We acted like children and tried to avoid each other for the rest of the day…It didn't work so well, since we kept going to the same places! We got really mad at each other and drew our weapons out…But I had no intentions of hurting her at all. I couldn't do that. Threaten her yes, but that was it.

I put my swords away and asked her what we were fighting over again, and she just stared at me for a moment, then laughed. She didn't remember and I didn't either…" Bakunetsumaru started to trail off. " Er-sorry. After we made up about that, we went back home. But on the way…She fell to the ground suddenly.

I thought she was playing a trick on me, so I ignored her for a little while and kept walking. But after a minute, I started to worry. I went over to her to see what was wrong.... and saw a large hole through her middle…"

Cause livin' with me must have damn near killed you

Bakunetsumaru took a breath to calm himself down. Zero went up to him. " Who did that?"

" I…I don't know," Baku admitted. " I don't know…It was my fault she died. If I didn't walk off on her…" Bakunetsumaru hiccupped. Zero didn't know what to say about all of this. " Baku…" Entango would have been at his master's side, if he didn't go off grazing somewhere after Baku got off of him. Zero put a hand on his friend's shoulder. Baku looked up, tears welling up in his eyes.

" It was not your fault, my dear friend," Zero said soothingly. " You had no way of knowing."

" But-I should have! I could've saved her in that one minute I spent walking away, damnit!!" Bakunetsumaru suddenly broke down in tears. Zero felt Baku's legs starting to collapse beneath him and drew him in so he wouldn't fall. " I killed my own wife! I killed her! I'm a murderer…!" Baku sobbed. Zero hugged the samurai tightly.

" Shhhh, it's okay," Zero soothed gently while rocking Bakunetsumaru slightly. " It's okay. It's not your fault…"

This is how you remind me of what I really am
This is how you remind me of what I really am

" Zero…?" Bakunetsumaru looked at Zero, still in his arms. " This may sound a bit strange…but you remind me of Bellakiruu a lot." Zero blinked. " Way too much actually…" Bakunetsumaru got out of Zero's arms. " I don't know why I didn't realize this before." Zero just stood here for a moment. " Well, I guess you need someone to make sure you don't do something stupid in your life all the time." Baku rolled his eyes.

" Sure, Zero. Whatever you say." He then realized that the sun had gone down a while ago and stars started to appear in the sky like white paint specks. " We should probably find Entango and head back to base." Bakunetsumaru turned to go, but Zero grabbed his right arm. He turned around. " What?"

Zero knelt before Bakunetsumaru in his knightly way, and slid the ring in one fluent motion onto Baku's finger. " I believe this is yours." Bakunetsumaru looked down at the ring. He motioned to take it off, but Zero put a hand on his. " ' To my love forever…'" He stood up and out his hands on Baku's arms, drawing him in. Bakunetsumaru felt the circuits in his face start to hear up. " Bakunetsumaru…" He whispered.

Bakunetsumaru stood in shock. " I…" Zero wrapped his arms around Bakunetsumaru protectively and lovingly. Bakunetsumaru's arms hung limp for a while. He then drew them up and hugged Zero back. " I won't let the same mistake happen again," he said under his breath. " I won't let anything happen to my knight."

It's not like you to say sorry, I was waiting on a different story
This time I'm mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking
I've been wrong, I've been down, been to the bottom of every bottle
These five words in my head scream "are we havin' fun yet?"

Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'
This is how you remind me…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, that was a lame story, but whatever. ^^ I liked writing it so nyyaa! Now I just got to figure out the chapter dilemma…O.o I think I'm just gonna leave it like this, but if anyone wants me to add on to this, I will ^^;;;;; I think.